• Published 4th Oct 2014
  • 6,910 Views, 886 Comments

Five Nights in Equestria - RandomHamster33



Luna's job is to help her subjects. Will Foxy be able to be helped?

  • ...
28
 886
 6,910

Chaos Not so Eternal

Foxy watched on in shock as chocolate milk rain poured down from the cotton candy clouds clustered in the sky. Twilight angrily approached Discord, leaving her opposite personified friends to bicker and fight among themselves.

“Great, sticky rain. This gets better an’ better,” Foxy mumbled.

“What? Scared of a little rain, Foxy-woxy?” Fluttershy taunted as she hovered near his head.

The pirate gave her an irritated look. “Don’t ye have someone else ta tease?”

“Nope! Hahah!” the pegasus laughed.

Pinkie Pie walked by them. “Stop laughing!”

Fluttershy, now occupied, floated down a ways. “Haha ha HA HA!”

“Quit it!”

"No! Ha ha ha ha ha!

“STOP!”

Foxy groaned and face palmed. He walked away from the annoying and repetitive squabbling, having had enough. He looked over and saw Twilight approaching him, an expression of despair on her features.

“Ugh, I just want to go home,” the unicorn muttered. She suddenly brightened. “Home!” She grinned. ““Back where you began!” The Elements must be in . . . Ponyville!”


“Gotcha!”

Luna’s breath was knocked out of her as two large arms grabbed her around the chest and yanked her backwards. Dark blue magic lit up in her hands and she used her strength to wrench the animatronic away from her body. The princess spun around and came face to face with Bonnie.

“W-where ya goin’, stranger?” the bunny asked darkly. His eye twitched.

Luna’s magic glowed brightly and a katana—exactly like the ones she used to yield in the ancient battles of Equestria—was formed in her grasp. She sized up the animatronic, who was once again taller than her.

“I am afraid I am not on the menu,” Luna said evenly.

“Well, sure you aren’t! But the show’s about to start!” Bonnie continued. “You might want to get in your suit.” Bonnie yanked on her arm. “Here, I’ll show you where it is.”


Twilight sighed. “Okay, we're here. Everyone please, please, please just go inside, please?

Foxy watched as the mares stomped inside, each giving Twilight even more grief than before. Eventually, it was just Rarity who was being difficult.

“Pleeeease, we gotta hurry!” Twilight whined.

“Forget it, Twilight. I know what you're up to. The second I go in, you'll have your little minion Spike come and take Tom!” Rarity argued, clinging onto the boulder.

“Tom?” She exchanged glances with Foxy. He just shrugged.

“Well, it's not going to work.”

“You're not going in without him, are you?” Twilight deadpanned.

Rarity shook her head stubbornly. “Mm-mm.” Her coat became even greyer.

“Fine!” Twilight shouted, stepping forward. Foxy quickly stopped her.

“Here, lemme get it,” the pirate said.

Twilight sighed. “Thanks. At least you’re sane.”

“Careful!” Rarity shouted angrily.

Foxy put his arms under the huge rock and lifted it. He was sure he was going crazy because of these ponies, though not as much as Twilight surely was.


Luna twisted her hand out of Bonnie’s grip. The bunny blinked at her before glaring.

"W-what's the matter? Are you a-afraid to get your s-suit on?” Bonnie asked darkly.

Luna narrowed her eyes and pointed to the floor. A blast of magic shot from her fingertips and hit his feet. He jumped away in shock.

“I w-wouldn't do that if I were you,” Bonnie warned, waggling his finger at her. He latched onto her arm again and yanked suddenly, nearly pulling her off her feet.

“Unhand me,” Luna commanded.

Bonnie grinned.


“The Elements! They were here all along!” Twilight shouted in wonder.

Foxy kicked Fluttershy away from him, reminding himself to apologize later, and scooted over to the violet unicorn to see.

“Oh, that's what them Elements look like!” Foxy said with a grin. Twilight beamed.

"This is great! Now you guys can defeat Discord and put everything back to normal!” Spike cheered.

Twilight leaped to her hooves and stood before her friends. “See, girls? We did it! We found the Elements of Harmony! Together!”

Applejack yawned.

“You don't even care, do you?”

As a group, “No.”

Twilight sighed and let her head drop to the side. “I never thought it would happen. My friends . . . have turned into complete JERKS!” The violet unicorn began putting the Elements onto their appropriate holders. “Necklace! Necklace! Necklace! Necklace! And . . . big crown thingy! Come on, everypony, let's go!”

“But Twilight, aren't you missing somepony?” Spike asked.

“Nope. We've got the liar, the grump, the hoarder, and the brute. That just about covers it.” Twilight glared at each of the mares in turn.

“But what about Rainbow Dash?”

“Congratulations, Spike, you're the new Rainbow Dash. Now let's go!” Twilight stuck the Element around his neck.

Spike gasped. “Me? B-b-but what if she finds out I've been impersonating her?” He moaned. “That won't end well.” His eyes were wide.

“Too bad, you're Rainbow Dash. Now let's go defeat Discord so we don't ever have to talk to each other again!” Twilight reared onto her hind legs and raced off. Foxy glanced at the dragon before following.

The other ponies grinned and cheered, trampling Spike. “Yeah! Woo-hoo!” Meanwhile, Rarity was struggling once again to push her giant rock.

Twilight appeared behind her. “Move!” Her magic encased the boulder. “Look out, here comes Tom!” And the rock was sent flying off the balcony. Twilight appeared after, her chest puffed out in agitation.

Discord slipped into view, but from where, no one knew.

“Well, well, well, I see you've found the Elements of Harmony. How terrifying!” he called sarcastically.

Twilight stepped forward, head angled down. “Discord! I've figured out your lame riddle. You're in for it now!”

The draconequus fell down from the sky to the checkered ground. “I certainly am. You've clearly out-dueled me, and now it's time to meet my fate.” He summoned a pair of sunglasses and put them over his eyes. “I'm prepared to be defeated now, ladies. Fire when ready.” Discord waved his paw over his body and a target formed.

Twilight growled, “Formation, now!” The grey mares responded with a chorus of ‘ehs.’

“I’ve got a bad feelin’ ‘bout this,” Foxy muttered to himself.

““Rainbow Dash”, get over here.” Spike, who’d been hiding behind Tom, gulped and ran over to the group.

Twilight sighed. “All right, let’s get this over with.”


Chica stepped from the darkness to help Bonnie. The intruder was not getting into their suit without a fight. She could hear Freddy’s music in another room.

“B-Bonnie, are they going to get in their suit?” Chica asked. She grasped Luna’s other arm.

Luna glowered. Her magic glowed and her form changed. She was now smoke. The princess slipped into the ceiling. There was no point in staying any longer.


The ponies fell. Twilight picked herself up wearily.

“What’s going on?” she asked, puzzled.

Applejack inspected her Element. “Mine's workin'. There must be somethin' wrong with yours.” She pointed at Twilight, who drooped.

“I HATE the Elements of Harmony!” Pinkie Pie declared.

“Hmph! Garbage,” Fluttershy scoffed, throwing her necklace. Rarity shot towards it, scooping it up.

“MINE!” the fashionista yelled.

Spike gently set Rainbow’s necklace on the ground. “Sorry, Twilight. I guess I'd better get back upstairs and clean up the library. Good luck with all this—whoa!” As he tried to run off, Fluttershy tripped him.

The pegasus grinned. “Oops, sorry, Rainbow Crash.” She let out a mocking laugh.

Discord advanced towards the group. “Bravo, ponies, bravo!” He clapped, each giving a different sound. “Harmony in Equestria is officially dead. Discord rules, Celestia drools.” Discord drew his finger down Twilight’s snout, and she growled in return, eyes blazing.

Foxy snorted, stepping forward. “Maybe if ye hadn’t cheated!”

Discord stopped walking away. He turned. “Me? Cheat? How absurd.” He waved a paw in dismissal. “Besides, what are you going to do about it?”

“I can take care ‘a ye!” Foxy thrust himself forward in a huge leap. He soared through the air, arms out and jaw open as a feral screech escaped him. He was aimed right at Discord.

The chaotic spirit rolled his eyes in the short amount of time he had. “I’ve had enough of you.” He waved his paw at Foxy, and in mid-jump, there was a flash of golden light. Something small and red tumbled from the air, rolling head over paws at Discord’s mismatched feet. He reached down and picked it up by the scruff.

“Not so tough now, huh?” Discord asked the small fox he had in his grasp. Foxy’s mouth was open in shock. He was agitated to find that instead of fighting, he stayed still, as if he was paralyzed. “Ugh, you’ve been a pain in my hide all day—or is it days? Anyway, away with you.” Discord summoned a rather large slingshot and set Foxy in it. He then drew the pouch back and released. Foxy went flying through the air, legs churning. He landed somewhere in the distance.

“Foxy!” Twilight cried, her eyes loosing track of his location. She heard a thump and a yelp of pain. “Discord! What did you do!?” She turned back to him.

The draconequus merely shrugged. “I just made him a bit more—realistic. I’m sure he’s fine. He definitely won’t be a problem anymore—to me or you.”

Twilight stomped her hoof. “He wasn’t a problem.”

Discord laughed. “Are you sure about that?”

“He was a problem all right. He kept trying to steal my precious Tom,” Rarity said, running her hoof over the boulder.

“Foxy was so lame. Should have named him ‘Idiot’ instead, seeing as he couldn’t read at a level higher than a 1st grader,” Fluttershy added.

Twilight blinked. “Is that why you kept laughing?”

“Well, well, well, Twilight Sparkle—you lost. Your Elements are useless. You may as well give up,” Discord interrupted. With that, he gave an evil cackle and set off down a soapy road, twirling all the way.

“It's your fault it didn't work!” Pinkie Pie announced.

Twilight turned her head. “Who are you talking to?”

“Any of you! ALL OF YOU! I'm outta here!” Pinkie began hopping off with a sour look on her face.

“Ah better go, too. Ah've got new better friends waiting for me at the farm,” Applejack said, walking away.

“Yeah! I'm sick of you losers,” Fluttershy snarled as she flew lowly over their heads.

Twilight’s face contorted to one of anger. “FINE! Leave! See if I care! I don't need you guys either! With friends like you, who needs . . . enemies . . .” Her head dropped. Her bright colors faded to grey and a tear dropped from her eye onto the ground.


Luna reappeared in her royal chambers in a swirl of blue. She fixed her attire and turned around . . . only to be met with the sight of her elder sister laying casually on her bed.

“Sister! What are you doing here?” Luna asked, surprised.

Celestia stood, stretching her legs. “I just stopped by to say hello and discovered you were gone.”

Luna rolled her cyan eyes. “Of course you did.”

“I’ll cut right to the point—did you travel to the human world?”

Luna paused. “Well, yes. I needed to speak to Foxy’s acquaintances; I got a bit curious and I waited. Their roaming modes would definitely be deadly to any regular being.”

“Yes, I was aware.” Celestia padded towards her sister. “I also knew this was going to happen. But I cannot and will not try to restrain you.” She headed for the doors.

“Good.”

Celestia stopped abruptly.


“Come on, ponies, let’s get Discord!” Twilight declared.

Fluttershy quickly stepped in front of her. “But Twilight, where did Foxy go? We can’t just leave him.”

“Why? What happened?” Rainbow Dash asked, swooping down next to her friend.

Twilight scuffed a hoof against the ground. “Well, he tried to attack Discord, but Discord I think turned him into an actual fox and—”

Pinkie Pie smacked Twilight out of the way, “And then Discord pulled out this big slingshot and slunged Foxy all the way over there!” She pointed with a hoof back in the direction of the library.

Twilight bumped Pinkie away. “’Slunged’ isn’t a word.” She exhaled. “But yes, Pinkie is correct.”

“Geez.” Dash blinked. “Come on, we’ve gotta find him before we kick Discord’s flank!”

“Yah!” Pinkie cheered, bouncing in the direction that Rainbow was already flying off. The other mares followed quickly after. From there, they started a search for their robotic companion.

“Foxy?” Rarity called, using her magic to lift bushes and flowers out of her sight. Pinkie was sticking her head into random things and popping up somewhere else.

Twilight approached Fluttershy. “You know more about animals. Do you have an idea of where he’d hide?”

The creamy coated pegasus tapped her chin. “Just dark places, I guess. Bushes or holes. I doubt he would’ve gone farther than this area.”

“Hey! Ah think Ah found somethin’!” Applejack called, motioning with her hoof for them to come over.

“Paw prints!” Rarity announced happily. “Eeeeew, is that chocolate milk?” Her face turned to one of revulsion.

“And look!” Dash shouted, pointing. “They lead right into that hole!”

“Fluttershy, you wanna-?” Twilight asked, arching an eyebrow.

“Oh, of course.” The pegasus ducked onto her stomach, hooves near her face. She peered into the small hole. “Foxy?” She heard something move in the depths. The slightest sound of paws moving made her twitch an ear. “Foxy, it’s Fluttershy—I’m not bad anymore.” Finally, a red snout poked out. Quickly, Fluttershy bent forward and closed her mouth gently on his scruff, then tugged him out and stood up.

“Aww, look at him!” Pinkie squealed, eyes widening. Foxy dangled limply from Fluttershy’s mouth. He churned his paws ever so slightly and the timid pegasus set him down.

“Just look at his big ears and little paws! And his tail is so fluffy! I mean, just look at it!” Pinkie continued, batting at his large red tail with a pink hoof.

“Pinkie,” Dash deadpanned.

“What? Wait, wait, and let me test something . . .” Pinkie moved her hoof up to Foxy’s neck. She scratched softly and he let out a happy ‘murr.’ He arched his back like a cat and raised his face.

“Pinkie Pie, we don’t have time for this,” Twilight said. “Come on, girls!” She raced off with Rainbow, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie following. Fluttershy squeaked in surprise and ducked down, taking hold of his scruff again. Foxy whined in distress, and she emitted a muffled apology as she bounded over the checkered grass in large leaps.


The large bubble of cleansing magic expanded and spread across Equestria. Discord’s rule was over.

The ponies fell back to the ground and cheered. Foxy stood up, shaking his head to clear it. The mares trotted over to him.

“How did it feel to be alive, huh?” Twilight asked.

“Odd. Don’t really want ta do it ‘gain,” Foxy replied as he stretched his arms.

“It’d almost be easier,” Dash muttered to Applejack, who snickered.

“But you were cute, I’m just saying,” Pinkie Pie repeated.

“Of course,” Fluttershy said softly.

“Ooh, I wonder if it still works!” Pinkie hopped onto Foxy’s shoulders and began scratching him on the back of his neck. Foxy let out a sigh and fell on his stomach with a thud, his eyes closed in content. Pinkie grinned in victory, eyes bright as she pet him.

“Hacks! I found hacks!”

Author's Note:

Uhh . . . I dunno. *shrugs and ends up flailing arms everywhere*

Yay, double update?