• Published 4th Oct 2014
  • 6,910 Views, 886 Comments

Five Nights in Equestria - RandomHamster33



Luna's job is to help her subjects. Will Foxy be able to be helped?

  • ...
28
 886
 6,910

Takes Place in a Matter of Hours YEEAAAAAHH

There was a series of crashing noises that reverberated through the Golden Oaks Library just after four A.M. Following that, muffled curses and the stamping of hooves. A door slam came after and then more crashes. An immense amount of swearing next.

“Uh . . . Twilight? Are you okay?” Spike called nervously. He stood at the top of the stairs (by the way, Twilight should really get some hoof-rails), looking down at the lower part of the library.

“SPIKE, GO TO BED!” Twilight’s aggravated voice shouted from the lab, so loud it breached even the thick oak door that led downstairs.

“Yes, Twilight!” Spike yelled, shooting off to his basket in a blur of purple and green. He dove into the blankets, only his bright emerald eyes shining in the dark. “Yeesh, I only wanted to help . . .” A violet claw reached out for a small journal that rested on the ground next to his bed. Spike leaned out of his basket a little and took the quill that was stuck in the spine out of its place. He flipped open his book to the next clean page and began writing.

“Reminders: don’t stay up past bedtime when Twilight has been chasing a metal fox for eight hours.”

Spike flicked his wrist, closing the journal. He placed it back down on the carpet and snuggled into his bed, closing his eyes.


Twilight Sparkle was very miffed. Very, very, very, miffed. She continued telling herself in her mind she was only in ‘an angry mood or sulk.’ Otherwise, she’d freak out and explode, because in actual terms she was extremely tired and angry and ready to smack the Tartarus out of anything or anyone that came in her way of getting home. So she stormed into her library, trying so hard to ignore the fox-shaped hole in the wall of her home. But it didn’t work as said fox hit the door frame, causing her to drop him on the ground.

“F*%KING CELESTIA-D*&%#T! EVERYPONY CAN GO F*%K THEMSELVES!” Twilight tossed her head back. “F*%K!”

Fluttershy, who was currently hovering behind the frazzled unicorn, flinched, dropping into a nearby bush. Two large cyan eyes peeked out of the leaves to watch Twilight.

The unicorn took a deep breath, attempting to calm down. Her magic activated again, and the limp pirate was picked up. Twilight trotted inside, maneuvering Foxy so that he didn’t hit the door frame this time around. Once that was done, the unicorn opened the door to her lab and went on in.

Crash!

“OH, F*%K MEEEEEE!”

Fluttershy stopped again. She folded in her soft yellow wings, then tentatively peeped around the corner of the door. Twilight was standing in the middle of the steps, swearing her lungs out. The creamy coated pegasus winced every time her friend shouted another rude word, but didn’t say anything as Twilight ranted.

“AND YOU KNOW WHAT? F*%K THIS STUPID A** S*%T! I’VE HAD ENOUGH! I MEAN, FOR F*%K’S SAKE! REALLY!? CAN NOTHING BE EASY!?”

Fluttershy stood silently, observing. Finally, after a few moments, the unicorn stopped. She harrumphed and traversed the steps to her lab. Fluttershy followed after a moment’s hesitation. She closed the door after she came in.

“Uh . . . Twilight? Are you okay?” Spike called anxiously from upstairs. His voice was muted through the wood.

Twilight’s head snapped around from where she’d started getting on her white lab coat and goggles. Her coat was half on.

“SPIKE, GO TO BED!” the unicorn screeched, her voice rising to tremendous levels. Fluttershy squeaked in fear and fell backwards onto her flanks. Twilight saw this and softened.

“Sorry, ‘shy. But do you have any idea how incredibly . . . miffed I am?” Twilight asked, her voice trembling with the effort to keep her volume down and not freak out.

“I understand, Twilight. I recognize it was hard to get Foxy here between us. Especially since that ‘magical storm’ was blocking your own magic,” the pegasus responded, getting back to her hooves.

Twilight sighed. “You can go home if you want. I need to fix Foxy, and by the looks of it, he’ll need a ton of repairs. When he fell into that trap, he did a number on himself.” Twilight lit her horn, opening a drawer on a cabinet on the other side of the room. A few pieces of machinery were levitated over to her, along with a blowtorch and mask.

“Um, I think I’ll do that. Thanks, Twilight, and good luck.” Fluttershy began backing away. She saw Twilight flip the mask over her face, and the blowtorch burst into life with a hiss. “Bye!”

The pegasus scurried out of her friend’s laboratory.


“WHY ISN’T THIS WORKING?! ACTIVATE, DAMN YOU!”

Twilight’s screeching started in the early morning. Spike, asleep, in his basket upstairs, shifted, letting out a small whine. He turned over in his bed, pulling the blankets tighter around him. He buried his spiked-head under the covers and fell back into a deep sleep.

“I SWEAR TO CELESTIA, I WILL BREAK YOUR ARM OFF!! NOW WAKE UP, D%*&#@T!”

Twilight lobbed her screwdriver across her lab. It lodged several inches deep in the wooden wall. The agitated unicorn stood there, legs spread out wide, chest heaving. Her nostrils flared, smoke coming out of her ears.

“Uh, what am I doing?” Twilight moaned. She let her head drop, frazzled mane bouncing. “I just need to stop.” She turned around, heading towards the stairs. “Taking a break.”

Twilight trotted up the steps. Her head was pounding. Why wasn’t Foxy working? She’d cleaned up all the mud and fixed all the areas where wires stuck out because of when he’d fallen.

“Mmm, it just doesn’t make any sense,” the violet unicorn mused to herself as she poured herself a cup of coffee. As she sipped it, Twilight thought about anything she might’ve missed.

“No, I got that . . .” Twilight frowned, taking a sip of the strongly caffeinated beverage that was currently floating in her magical grasp. Another sip. “Mmm, no, no . . .” She stood up against her counter, putting her elbows behind her on the sleek marble. “No! I got that done already.” Twilight’s eyes widened.

Hot coffee was spit all over the floor in front of the unicorn, which turned out to be a bad mistake, as when she took off towards her lab, her smooth hooves skidded on the liquid and she was flung towards the door at high speeds. Oh well, what was another giant hole in her precious library after all that had transpired in the last less-than-24-hours?

“Aaah!” Twilight’s cry as she tumbled down the wooden stairs echoed through the library. Thankfully, Spike didn’t wake at this exclamation, but he did shift at the noise.

“Guuh,” the purple unicorn moaned, rubbing her head when she finally stopped at the bottom and managed to sit up. Her mane was even worse, it that was all possible. Twilight shook her head, blinking rapidly.

“Well, s*%t,” she muttered when she looked up at her lab’s door. “Oh well.” Twilight scampered forward, her goggles coming over her eyes. Her horn glowing, she got out several wires. From the back of the lab floated a large machine. It was grey with a large switch on the front and two small lights on the top. Twilight set this down next to her and levitated the wires up closer to it. “Hmm.” Her horn flashed a brighter magenta and the wires were affixed to the machine, hooked to the controls inside. After that, the unicorn used her magic to hook the wires to a few controls in Foxy’s back.

“Alright, totally hope this works,” Twilight said, getting her magic ready to pull the large switch, “because if it doesn’t, then we’ll probably both be fried.” With a shrug (then a mad scientist’s grin), Twilight flipped the switch. The room lit up with a brilliant light, and if it wasn’t for her goggles, she was sure she’d be blind. The light flashed for a few more moments, electricity crackling, and soon was over. Twilight lifted her goggles off her face to rest on her forehead.

“Uhh, Foxy?” the unicorn tentatively asked. She grimaced. “Ooh, that might’ve been a mistake.” She moved forward to check Foxy’s controls, when he twitched his hand. Twilight stopped, lifting a fore-hoof off the ground and closer to her chest. “Hellooo?”

Foxy’s ears flicked, and Twilight heard the telltale hum that he was starting up. A grin split across her face once again.

“Foxy, can you hear me?” the unicorn asked. She relocated, standing in front of Foxy’s face.

“Rrrr . . . Chica?” the pirate mumbled, his voice heavy.

Chica? “Uh, no, Twilight.”

“Tell Freddy I don’t care . . .”

He’s definitely not listening. That electricity must have knocked some things around. This might be an opportunity to learn something . . . “Uh, Foxy, where are you?”

“I dunno.”

“O-okay.” Weird. “Who’s Chica?”

“The duck, 'a course . . . but don’t tell her I said that.”

“Of course I won’t.” Twilight raised an eyebrow. Don’t tell her she’s a duck? Oh . . . a chicken. She must be a chicken. That would make sense. “So . . . what does Freddy need?”

“How would I know? ‘s why ye are here, in’t it?”

“Right . . . But who am I? Chica?”

“Bonnie, st’p bein’ ridiculous . . .” Foxy mumbled, his metal hand twitching. Bonnie. Another girl?

“Okay, then.” Twilight frowned. What else can I even ask? “What happened between you and Freddy?”

Foxy sighed. “Ye would know . . . ye were there. Chica and ye . . . yeah, that.”

“But will you tell me?” Twilight asked in a more urging tone.

“Mmm . . .” Foxy suddenly yet groggily pushed himself up into a sitting position. “Am I . . . in the lab ‘gain?”

Twilight quickly cleared her throat and scurried around the table. “Yep! Fluttershy and I hunted you for like three hours, and then it took five hours to get you out of the Everfree Forest. Also, were you chased by a hydra?”

“Big or’nge creature with four ‘eads?” Foxy asked.

“That’s the one.”

“Then aye.” Foxy glanced around. “Where’s that lil yellow one?”

“Fluttershy went home last night. I’ve been up all night working on you. When you fell down that pit, some of your metal was crushed. It’s really cool, you know, that we have the same metals here in Equestria as you do in your world. So I fixed the holes and melded them with part magic part blowtorch. I must say, not to toot my own horn, but I did a really great job.” Twilight watched as Foxy inspected his body. “I should be a professional.”


Fluttershy felt the sunlight beaming down on her in shafts of light through her window. She rolled, not feeling ready to get up yet. Her mouth creased into a frown as she pulled her pink blanket farther up on her shoulders. Birds started singing. The pegasus whined, yanking the comforter over her head fully. Something soft and furry thumped on her shoulder.

“No! Angel, I’m not ready to get out of bed!” she wailed softly, trying desperately to ignore the feeling of her bunny pounding on her from the other side of the blanket. Angry chattering followed her words, and the blanket was ripped off her body. Fluttershy squealed in fear, shivering from the sudden removal of her comfort. Angel stood at the foot of the bed, blanket held in paw.

“Fine, Angel, I’ll get up.”

The pegasus rolled out of bed, fed her animals, took a shower, and then tidied up her cottage a bit. She busied herself with these tasks for a little while before remembering she had something to do. She got a few things together, then said goodbye to her bunny.

“I’ll be back later, Angel Bunny. Take care of the cottage while I’m gone,” Fluttershy said, stooping down to the fluffy white rabbit’s level. He looked at her, arms crossed. “Fine, you can have an ice-cream bar later. Just don’t eat it too fast; you might get a brain freeze.” The bunny grinned and hopped off. Fluttershy smiled gently, then turned around and started off towards Ponyville.


“Twilight? It’s Fluttershy,” the pegasus called, knocking gently on the library’s door. After a moment’s pause, the familiar purple unicorn appeared in the door.

“Oh, hi. I’m glad you’re back—Foxy’s up,” Twilight said, ushering the pegasus inside.

“For how long?”

“Well, it was about eight when I started violently swearing again, so for about an hour. He already asked where you were.”

“Probably because he was used to seeing me.” Fluttershy took the lead and started towards the basement door.

“No, ‘shy, he’s up here. He didn’t like sitting in the basement all day.” Twilight nodded her head towards the smaller room that led to a different section of books. The two mares strolled in, and saw Foxy causally flipping through a book. He was sitting in a wooden chair off in the small reading corner. There were a few beanie bags and chairs, along with a tall lamp. It was a cozy little area.

“Oh, hi, Foxy,” Twilight said, her eyebrows raised. “What book are you reading?”

“Hmm . . . not sure, lass. Somethin’ ‘bout ancient civilizations. Was tryin’ ta find a book ‘bout pirates, but I have no idea how ta use a lib’ry,” Foxy responded absentmindedly, not even looking up as he turned a page.

“Oh, pirates, huh? I can get you one.” Twilight turned to head back into the main part of the library. “Fluttershy is right here, by the way.” The unicorn exited the room.

“Hello,” Fluttershy said, walking forward. Foxy glanced up, one eyebrow cocked.

“Arr! Ahoy, lass! I hope ye slept well,” the pirate chirruped.

“Well, thanks. I did sleep quite well—like a log.” Fluttershy smiled. “But my awakening was not nearly as great.”

Foxy cocked his head.

“My pet—Angel Bunny. He got me out of bed by ripping my blanket off me. I’m still kind of tired.” She trotted over. “Anyways, I didn’t know you could read. I mean, Twilight said you might’ve been able to, but that was before we actually reactivated you.” The pegasus situated herself on a soft cushion, crossing her forelegs over one another.

“Oh, I can barely read. Remember, I was a children’s entertainer. Most ‘a the words I can understand are what a small child could. That’s the extent ‘a my skills.”

Fluttershy faltered. “O-oh. Well, I’m sure Twilight could teach you to read—if you really wanted to, anyway.”

“Don’t think it’d be that useful ‘a skill, ta be honest. Where ‘m I supposed ta get a book ta read in my place ‘a work? ‘sides, Freddy never bothered ta teach me, so if he didn’t think it was impor’nt, then ’s not.”

That’s true. He has a point. But . . . knowing Twilight, she’d try to teach him anyway.

“I guess. Expect Twilight to teach you even with that fact. Better not tell that, though I’m sure she’ll find out,” Fluttershy said.

“I be not worried ‘bout her,” Foxy replied with nonchalance.

Fluttershy paused, starting to think about the details of last night. “Foxy?” she asked after a few moments.

“Aye?”

“What . . . about last night . . .”

Foxy froze, no longer casually flipping through the pages of the book sitting on his lap. His eyes looked down.

“Are you okay? I don’t want to offend you, but I can’t forget what happened. I’m sure Twilight’s dying to ask some questions as well, but she doesn’t know how to start.”

“I . . . don’t really understan’ what happened myself.”

“Can you at least try and explain to me?”

Foxy took the book off his lap and got up. He carefully padded over and put it back where he’d found it.

“I didn’t hurt the lad, did I?” he asked, still facing the bookshelf.

Fluttershy hadn’t actually expected him to answer. She turned her face towards him. “Spike? No, you didn’t. He said you had some sort of panic attack and then ran off.”

“I’m guessin' the hole—”

“Yeah, that was you.”

Foxy shook his head, turning around. “So I ran away?”

“Yes. You also damaged my friend Rarity’s house, then got into the Everfree Forest.”

“Oh, so that’s why I’m all scratched. I don’t remember why I was runnin’, but I do recall bein’ chased by a hydra,” Foxy said. “S’rry ‘bout that.”

Fluttershy blinked. “It’s alright. Twilight’s paying for the you-shaped holes in the walls.”

“I see. The ‘Everfree’, ye called it? That’s where I was?” he asked. “I’ve nearly gotten eaten twice in there.”

“Twice?”

“Aye, big creature tried ta get me when I first arrived here.”

“Okay, so you did end up in the Everfree before I found you in my garden,” Fluttershy confirmed, nodding her head. “Can you describe what was attacking you?”

“Uhh, big, yellow, wings, huge paws?” Foxy put his hands up near his face, his fingers clawing out at the air, imitating claws. Though it wasn’t a very accurate presentation because of his hook.

“Um . . .” Fluttershy racked her brain. “Did it have a scorpion tail?”

“Aye.”

“It was a manticore.”

Foxy raised an eyebrow at the word, but decided to come away from the shelves. He ditched the chair and plopped down on the floor next to Fluttershy.

“Do you remember anything else about what happened last night?” Fluttershy asked.

“I was runnin’ on emergency power for a lil while, which really blanks out recent mem’ries. But I lost power, so I guess that’s somethin’ ta comp’sate,” Foxy explained.

“Oh . . .” Fluttershy glanced down. What if he’s lying? Guess I can’t do anything even if he was. If he doesn’t want to talk about it anyways, who am I to press him?

“. . . Foxy, will you tell me more about your past?” she asked suddenly.

“I—me past?” the pirate stuttered, the look on his face saying exactly what he thought of that idea.

“Yes. I just want to know more about what happened that was so bad. Luna said something haunts your past, so maybe . . .”

“No. Nothin’s wrong,” he answered quickly with a shake of his head.

“I know that’s a lie, and so do you.” Fluttershy delivered an admonishing look.

Foxy glanced away, eyes downcast. “I can’t ever tell anyone.”

“But that’s what Luna brought you here for: to help you.”

“I asked fer a second chance—”

Foxy stopped, catching himself. Fluttershy blinked, tilting her head just slightly.

“A second chance? Well, Equestria is a good second chance for anyone,” the pegasus said gently. She placed a hoof on Foxy’s hand, which was partially in and out of his lap. “Because the ponies here listen. If Twilight and I didn’t care at all, why would she have fixed you? Why would we have chased you for three hours and dragged you back through the Everfree Forest for five hours?”

Foxy remained silent.

“Come on; we can help you.”

“Ye don’t understand.”

“Not yet.” Fluttershy looked into his golden eyes. “Please.”

“I—”

“I found some books about pirates!” Twilight declared as she strolled into the room.

Celestia’s sake, Twilight. “Oh, hello, Twilight,” Fluttershy said, quickly retracting her hoof and once again placing it over her other foreleg. The unicorn held several books in her magical grasp.

“What were you two talking about in here?” she asked.

“Um, nothing,” Fluttershy answered.

“Oh, really? Well, I got some books, anyways. I’ve picked out some of my personal recommendations.” Twilight looked quite pleased with herself. She dropped the three books into Foxy’s arms. He clumsily managed to catch one, but the others fell onto the floor.

“Oh, uh, thanks, lass,” Foxy stammered. He glanced at the one in his hand. He raised an eyebrow at the title.

“Is something wrong, Foxy?” Twilight asked, seeing his confusion.

“O-oh, nothin’.”

“Are you sure? You look confused.”

“Jus’ . . . intrigued at the title?”

Fluttershy tried to hide her smirk. She hid behind her hair.

“It’s just Pirate Actualities: The Superior Edition, I don’t get what’s so “intriguing” about it,” Twilight said, shrugging with one shoulder as she made motions with the same hoof.

Foxy nodded. “Mmhmm, aye, sure . . .”

Fluttershy could barely contain herself. She put a hoof over her mouth, biting her lip. Twilight seemed to notice this and raised an eyebrow.

“Is something funny, Fluttershy?” the unicorn asked.

Said pegasus couldn’t hold back anymore and started giggling.

“I don’t get it,” Twilight said.

“I-it’s nothing,” Fluttershy chittered, trying to stop. Foxy, meanwhile, was giving the creamy coated mare a fierce glare. He shook his head at her.

“No, no, tell me,” Twilight repeated, a bit irritated and confused.

“I’m remembering a funny joke I heard earlier," she lied.

“What was the joke?” Twilight seemed interested now.

“I—um, okay.” Fluttershy quickly racked her mind for something. “Hey, uh, Twilight, I feel so bad for the vegetables . . . they . . . they . . .”

“They what?”

Fluttershy’s voice level dropped. “They got beet.”

Twilight blinked. “Heheh, I get it! Beet!” Twilight giggled a little.

“Yeah, see, that’s what I was thinking of.”

Twilight nodded. Foxy looked a bit relieved, but his yellow eyes were still narrowed in irritation.

“You know, I haven’t eaten since last night, so you wanna get breakfast?” Twilight asked abruptly.

Fluttershy jumped from the unexpected question. “Sure. I am hungry. I did only feed my animals this morning.”

“Then it’s decided.” Twilight turned to Foxy. “I don’t think you should come with us yet. Are you okay staying here?” Foxy nodded. “Spike’s asleep upstairs . . . he probably will be for a while.” She twitched an ear. “Be careful.”


My dearest and most faithful student,

How goes it with Foxy? Luna has told me all about what’s happened. I understand what she did and there is no worry of any intervention from me. I only wish to meet him. Luna has told me that she refused to tell you herself of what occurred in Foxy’s world that has allowed him to come here. Though she has told me, I advise you to get to know him so he may tell you, as like my sister, I shall not tell you either. If four is okay with you, could I come and meet Foxy? If that time does not work, just tell me a time that shall.

Your teacher and mentor, Princess Celestia

Twilight set the letter down, a frown on her face. Fluttershy tilted her head at her friend.

“Is something wrong, Twilight?” the pegasus asked.

“Princess Celestia wants to meet Foxy. I don’t know if he’s ready, though. We’ve only known him for about two days. He’s not exactly the most . . .” Twilight searched for the right word, “stable individual out there. What happens if he freaks out in front of the princess and she gets rid of him? We’ll never be able to help him. And if what he said to you earlier is true, then he’ll be sent away without a second chance.”

“The princess is a fair ruler. She wouldn’t do something like that without explanation.”

“But we don’t have an explanation.”

“Maybe so, but if he needed to stay, wouldn’t Foxy help his cause?”

Twilight glanced behind her at the side room. “I’m not so sure about that.”

Fluttershy frowned. “But we can’t lie to the princess. It’s not like we’re doing anything.”

Twilight tapped her chin in thought. “Well, since it’s only ten thirty, I think we should let him meet the girls first. He might be more welcoming of the princess if he’s already met others.”

The pegasus nodded. “I agree.”

“Okay, so it’s a date. I’ll have Spike send letters to each of them.”

Author's Note:

Wrote this so quick. 1,000 words last night at three A.M, 1,000 words around noon, and then periodically throughout the day whilst listening to a variation of pony songs, Swiggity Swooty I'm Coming for That Booty, Eminem, and 2000s hits. Yeah baby.