• Published 7th Oct 2014
  • 455 Views, 3 Comments

Sugar And Spice - Dream Land



Sugar Sweets is a kind and loving pony, even with her disability. Always willing to lend a hoof, she is a mini version of her mother. One day, after a party in Canterlot, she is foalnapped. Can she escape?

  • ...
1
 3
 455

Chapter One: The Party

"Wow Sugar Sweets! Your parents have really out done themselves! Best party ever!"

"Thanks Gem! Your right, I wish that today will never end!"

"If only it could. Oh, this is my favorite song! Let's dance!"

As Marelor Swifts new single was played, Sugar Sweets and Gemstone Shimmer hit the dancefloor. There were flashing lights, and most of the other ponies were on the dancefloor, but none were dancing quite like Sugar Sweets and Gemstone Shimmer. By the time the final note ended, both of the fillies were exhausted.

"I'm gonna go get some punch, coming?"

"Of course! All this dancing has made me super thirsty! Then I'm gonna see Orion, you know, and give him his present."

"You haven't already?"

"No, at first I couldn't get to him, then I couldn't find him. C'mon, let's go!"

With that, the two friends trotted off in search for the punch table. Else where in the hall, Pinkie was giving Cheese an almighty squeeze.

"I missed you so mu-u-uch! Please say you haven't forgotten me! I mean, I know its really easy to forget somepony, but-"

"Pinkie, you know I wouldn't forget you. In fairness, who could? You aren't exactly an easy pony to forget."

"I knew you wouldn't!"

Cheese smiled fondly at his wife. Her eccentric personality and overall happiness was what most ponies would find quite irritating, but Cheese Sandwich loved it. He also was very, very proud of his two amazing foals, Cheese Whiz who looked like his father in all but size , and his little Sugar Sweets, who, even though she was partly disabled, was the apple of his eye.

Meanwhile, in the outskirts of Canterlot, a dark shadow passed through the streets in the direction of the castle. It had a goal, a mission, and it was not going to fail. As the shadow slowly edged to the castle, everypony who was before sleeping peacefully, were now tossing and turning, faces a look of pure fear. Through a normal pony's eyes, it wouldn't be seen, but, if somepony were special, as an alicorn, or an element of harmany, then that was an entirely different matter.

Suddenly, Pinkie felt something, so did Cheese. The kids were passing by, and they called them over, their faces a bit more than worried.

"Kids, did you feel that?"

"I did mom. It was pinchy knee. What was that again?"

"Something scary, Whiz. I also feel a doozy coming on."

"Mom, I'm scared. What's going to happen?"

"Oh, I'm sure its nothing Sugar. A doozy can sometimes be good, right Cheese?"

"Sorry Pinks, but all the doozy's I've encountered have always been quite dire circumstances. Tonight, let's all stick together. Right kids?"

"OK dad."

"O-ok."

"Oh, don't be scared sweetie pie. If we all stay together, the big old doozy don't come."

"Really?

" Really. "

Even with her reassuring words, Sugar Sweets was still a bit scared. She looked outside fearfully, and spied a pony outside. Now, just a regular pony would be unusual, but this pony wasn't a pony. It was a batpony!

"Umm, mom, I'm gonna go get some air. I'll be back in a few minutes OK?"

"OK sweetie. Please be very careful though, OK?"

"OK mom."

Sugar Sweets, being the curious pony she was, simply had to check out the batpony. She went outside, and the cool air hit her. She hasn't really noticed how hot it was in the hall. Suddenly, the batpony saw her, and took to the skies.

"No, wait! Please! I won't hurt you! Come back!"

Sugar Sweets decided to run after it. There were no clouds in the night sky, and the moon was nice and bright. She made a mental note to thank Luna later. "Wait!"

Sugar Sweets positively galloped in hot pursuit of the pony, making sure that she never let it out of her sight, not even for a second. Suddenly, Sugar Sweets found herself out of the castle grounds, and in a dark alleyway. There was no trace of the batpony.

"Hello? Anypony there?"

She heard rustling in the bushes, and a shadow passed over her.

Then, Sugar Sweets felt a twitching in her tail.

"Twitchy tail? Oh, what was twitchy tail again?"

She wished mom was here, or dad, or even Whiz so they could tell her what twitchy tail was. She wished they were here anyway.

A loud 'thump' came from behind her. Hesitantly, she turned around.

A giant batpony stood behind her. Its fur was black as night, its wings open side, a menacing smile on its face. It had some sort of armour on it, and was now edging towards her. Sugar Sweets crept back, until she could not go any further, because her back was pressed up to a wall.

'I guess twitchy tail means that something is going to fall.' Sugar Sweets thought.

A piercing scream then came out of Sugar's mouth.

Back in the castle, the party was wrapping up.

"OK everypony, I hope you have enjoyed tonight. Before we wrap up, I would like to thank Rainbow Dash and Soarin for their spectacular air show, and it warms my heart to know that my son has such good friends. Now, before we go, we have a special announcement from Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich."

A cheer rippled through the crowd as said ponies stepped onto the stage.

"Are you ready Pinkie?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Would you like to do do the honors?"

"No, I think we should go it together."

"One..."

"...Two..."

"...Three..."

"We're having another foal."

Just then, a piercing scream flooded the castle.

Author's Note:

So, chapter one of Sugar and Spice. I hope you like it!
~dream land

Comments ( 3 )

Good so far, but I do have on problem. You keep on saying she is disabled, yet there is no indication of any disablity other than when you say that she is. And there is no way to tell how she is disabled. Does she have a bad leg? Is she partially blind? Does she have speaking problems? A learning disablity? And is it really big enough to keep pointing out? Other than that though, good job! I can't wait to see more!

Ok, thank you so much. And for the disability, all will be revealed....

Login or register to comment