• Published 14th Sep 2014
  • 697 Views, 19 Comments

FlutterSoar - JackleBee



In the town of Ponyville, Fluttershy thinks her life is fine without that handsome stallion all the other mares dream about. In the single league with Twilight Sparkle... Fluttershy slowly flutters for a kind stallion on leave with a friend.

  • ...
5
 19
 697

The Rain-tastic plan! Pre Action!

The Rain-tastic plan! Pre Action!

And the sunny pony handed a hoof to the frail, long haired pony
"Oh Fluttershy, don't ch'you worry bout' nothin.'" Braeburn patted her pink soft cotton candy hair. "Those mean timberwolves' got nothin' on you, Princess Fluttershy of The Evergreen forest." The pony shied away, pink lockets of hair graced the tips of her nose and covered her cyan eyes.

"Oh.. Braeburn, thank you so much for comforting me- you really are a sweet stallion-

"Twilight!"

The purple pony's glowing horn stopped abruptly, and her feather in which she was writing with dropped to the floor. Her face fumed as her cheeks grew red.

"Why can't somebody knock on my door for once!" A blue hoof grabbed the long scroll Twilight was writing. The highly hued pink eyes of the blue pony looked at the paper skeptically with a crooked, mischievous grin. Rainbowdash looked at Twilight with a cocked head. She returned to give a scholarly look at the the scroll. Her eyes quickly read the first sentence:

And the Princess of The Evergreen forest looked at the handsome brave stranger from Appleloosa... Braeburn

Twilight snatched the now glowing scroll of paper from Rainbowdash, face red and flaring.

"Heh, Twilight, I never knew you had such romantic imagination..."

"Agh! Rainbowdash!"

Rainbow dash laughed, as she slowly looked the examine an hour glass. She looked at it with squinting eyes, observing the distortion of her face. While looking at the hourglass, she nonchalantly asked her purple friend, "Twilight, do you think you could baby-sit Soarin and just talk to him in your little tree-library for today?" Twilight sparkle levitated the scroll into a small chest on a high wooden shelf and turned back towards her blue friend.

"Rainbowdash, I thought you were free from all weather team shifts!" she quickly frowned, "also, this isn't called a 'tree-library' it's my house." Rainbowdash scratched her head and suddenly looked at her with teary eyes.

"Twilight... you have too! Don't you stand up for buddies like me?" Twilight's mouth was open as she looked at the grovelling Pegasus hold onto one of her forelegs. She sighed. Rainbowdash looked at her through teary eyes and placed a hoof on her shoulder. "Twilight... it's urgent, you gotta' keep it secret okay?" Her magenta-violet eyes pierced into Twilight's. Twilight growled to herself- but sighed all the same.

"Fine- I Pinkie Pie Promise," and she placed a hoof onto her chest.

"Good, because I had a meeting with Rarity, and it's super important! And I don't want to make her disappointing and all- so you better keep a secret..." she looked around- "especially from Fluttershy." Twilight veered back, and craned her head forward, eyes round.

"Rainbow, why would you want to keep something like that a secret from your friend?... Especially Fluttershy!" Rainbowdash placed a hoof on her face and moaned as she looked towards the top of the tree library. She eyed the mahogany wood, and the fine homely style of the house and replied to Twilight, with an exhausted voice.

"That's the thing Twilight, Fluttershy. She is my closest only Pegasus pony- and if she sees me at Rarity's- not like there is anything bad with her- she'll think I'm a total phony!" Twilight looked at her with a small knowing smile and slowly walked up to the blue winged pony. She placed a hoof on her friend's shoulder gently.

"Rainbowdash... Fluttershy is your friend, and even if she did see you at Rarity's nothing would ever stop her from seeing you as her brave friend who always- not only looks out for her- but everyone else." Rainbowdash looked back at her and gave her a short smile and looked down at the floor, tapping the wood floor with on foreleg.

"Thanks Twilight but..." she looked away at the small photo of all her friends resting on Twilight's night stand, "it's not really that though- and I know Fluttershy-" she looked into Twilight's deep hued purple eyes, "but it's different." She moved Twilight's hoof of her shoulder and placed her hooves on Twilight's, "But you have to do as I say, and please,please, try to baby-sit Soarin' ask about his interests.... friends, and such..." Twilight growled and dug her head into her own forearms.

"Well- I did Pinkie promise... so fine."

Rainbowdash did a short somersault while cheering "yeah! Thanks Twilight I owe you a bunch! And I always knew I could count on you!" And with that in streaks of rainbow and wind- the blue Pegasus was gone. Papers were gracefully floating in the air as they slowly made way to the ground, and a couple of foot steps approached the wide mouth pony.

"Was that Rainbowdash?"

"..."

"I thought so... I'll make some tacos, Twilight- and maybe ask the Apple's to make some pie."

The shocked purple pony could only stare into the mess and muster a small, "Thanks, Spike" The small purple dragon looked at her with his green eyes and placed his hands on his hips.

"Also, how's that story your writing? About the Forest Woad Fluttershy Evergreen Princess something and the Earth-pony hero Braeburn?" Twilight spun around and looked at the purple dragon in the eyes.

"Spike! How much have you read!" Spike replied nonchalantly as he walked towards the kitchen inside the giant tree library.

"He did just destroy those evil Forest invaders with one boomerang right? That part was pretty cool... and funny. Better not let Fluttershy or even Rarity or Applejack read it- they will think you've hit the hay." Twilight shook her head and sighed exasperatedly and slumped onto the floor.

"Oooh, why do people have to read my stuff..."

Author's Note:

WELL! It took a long time, and I am so sorry, but I've been pretty busy here- right now this is just the start to some... deep soul searching and well not drama but should I say... "cute moments and recognition."

Yeah I've been having some tough times, but I hope this chapter is good enough for you all! I hope I didn't lose you all!

I hope you all like this chapter, it's not much- but there is more...to... come >:D

Don't worry, more Soarin x Flutters to come!

Oh yeah, about the flutter x braeburn fluttershy thing- it's kind of a side joke I have since I kind of like that pair a bit too- but just wanted to make a joke of it xD.

But... this chapter was supposed to show another side of Rainbowdash and to give another Spike Cameo. I think Spike is one cool dude so.. haha

hope I got the characters on par!

<3 thanks all for being so patient- I'll try not to post late again :< if things get better for me hopefully. :)

Comments ( 3 )

Nice chapter. I can't wait to read what happens next.

5176930 Ahh thank you so much! :heart::pinkiehappy::yay: :scootangel: I'm so glad you enjoyed it :D ;p

5176934 Wonder why Rainbow wants to talk to Rarity though. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Login or register to comment