• Published 23rd Aug 2014
  • 1,287 Views, 16 Comments

As the Sands Start to Fall (Updated) - Hikarikurai24587



Aqua Star never imagined a time when her world would be at peace. Story can be found on fanfiction as well.

  • ...
3
 16
 1,287

A Galaxy Far Far Away

Chapter Twelve: A Galaxy Far Far Away

When Rainbow Dash awoke she found herself face down in sand, wind howling in her ears. She took a deep breath only to cough harshly as the sand entered her lungs. She got up looking around coughing seeing a barren desert. Rocky red cliff, sand, and ruins. Even the clouds seemed red to her, clearing out her lungs some more, Rainbow Dash wondered if this is where her friend was.

“Fluttershy!” Rainbow Dash called out looking around seeing that she was on a cliffside overlooking what appeared to be a decrepit temple. She shivered the air feeling heavy as if a dark presence penetrated her. It was everywhere.

“Fluttershy! Where are you?” she tried again her breathing getting hard as her wings wrapped around her. That was when she noticed, she wasn’t on all fours like before. Looking down she saw she was standing more like a minotaur. With arms and fingers, though she didn’t have hooves connected to her legs. They were feet, she didn’t even have her muzzle, instead her mouth and nose were a little farther apart and on different areas of her face. ‘Not that different, just different shapes and a little farther apart.’

“UGH! WHAT IS HAPPENING?” Rainbow Dash yelled, her mouth snapping shut when a growl echoed through the rocks. Taking a step back she turned to find shelter only to find a downed metal structure. It had some form of wings at it laid on what appeared to be a platform. The window was broken and there appeared to be burn marks upon the surface. Running her hands across it Rainbow Dash looked around knowing it would do for the evening as she watched the sun slowly go down.


The night did not go by fast enough, not only were strange creatures prowling, whispers echoed through the night. Strange shadows would move by, some even stopping at the shuttle. Whenever Rainbow Dash would look out she saw nothing. Yet she swore she was being watched. It didn’t help that there were skeletons in the strange structure either. She managed to stay in the back with the door somewhat shut. It kept opening slightly through the night and red lights would flicker despite nothing powering the ship. Her only comfort was the thought that once she found Fluttershy she would get home soon.

When she saw the dim light shine through the crack in the door Rainbow knew her search had to start. Climbing through the broken glass Rainbow Dash made sure she was clear before spreading her wings and taking off. She glided through the air, her eyes taking in the surface of the world. Creatures prowled the grounds below her some staring up at her causing her to shiver and land on one of the cliffs. Her magenta eyes looked down at the creatures, some moving to walk below, growls echoing around the canyon. She only took off when one of them jumped, scrambling its way up the wall, snarling. Shivering, Rainbow Dash decided to explore the rest of the area before checking out the temple area again.


Rainbow Dash shivered as she landed, the stone floor of the temple cold unlike the sand outside. The air was heavier and darker than it was further away as well.

“Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow’s head turned quickly, the whispers louder than before. Yet the one who had spoken, it was familiar. She followed the voice up some stairs and towards what seemed to be a small room. There was another metal platform, red lights lining the walls. Taking a step onto the platform, Rainbow Dash tensed as it began to move. She looked up seeing that she was headed for the ceiling and winced waiting for her to be squished. The platform came to a halt revealing a dark hallway covered in red lights. The whispers had grown loud enough that Rainbow felt unsure of if she should move or not. Yet her mind began to feel like it was in a haze. It was as if she was being beckoned, guided, to an area in the temple. All thoughts vanished when she walked into the room, a large room filled with destroyed thrones. A figure masked and hooded stood in the middle holding out a hand towards her. She moved forward to take it when she heard what the whispers were saying.

“Destroy the Jedi!”

“Peace is a lie.”

“Make them pay!”

“There is only passion.”

“They defile this place!”

Rainbow Dash began to struggle against the pull, yet it felt like something was pushing her towards the middle.

“Through passion I gain strength.”

Her arm raised up as she drew closer to the figure.

“Through strength I gain power.”

Her arm flew up trying to stop herself from grasping the hand.”

“Through power, I gain victory.”

Her hand grasped the other hand and it felt like she was drawing darkness into herself.

“Through victory, my chains are broken! THE FORCE WILL SET ME FREE!”

Rainbow Dash screamed.


Anakin jerked when a scream echoed throughout the canyon. Weapons were drawn as they tensed moving quickly towards the former Sith Academy. The moment they entered silence and heavy darkness fell upon them. The two armored soldiers looked around dust floating in the air.

“No.” a voice cried out causing the tension to rise. “I won’t do it!”

“That doesn’t sound good.” the soldier with the orange accents said before a growl echoed throughout the darkness. “And that doesn’t sound friendly.”

“The owner of the campsite and a large beast, lovely.” Anakin replied with a half hearted smirk on his face. The alien strode forward peering into the darkness.

“Is something the matter Master Fisto?” inquired Obi-Wan, before the alien could reply, a large beast strode forward. A massive form covered in short coarse fur, powerful muscles beneath it. It had a powerful jaw with sharp teeth near the front. The paws had large sharp claws that rested quietly against the ground. The only thing that could be considered normal about it in this place was spikes decorated its back.

“The large beast.” Fisto said only for the creature to give them an eye roll saying. “I do not have time for games.”

“You… talk.” Obi-Wan pointed out, the creature giving him a deadpanned look before turning its gaze to the second floor. “I suppose you want to tell us something.”

“You are walking into a trap.” the creature said looking back at them. “Those de… spirits hold a grudge against you and are using my friend to seek revenge.”

“How do you know that?” Anakin asked not liking the tone the creature had taken with them. “And what are you anyways?”

“I am… it does not matter, I know this because they were content to leave us be, most of the time. Then when you arrived they drew her to the temple and…. Kept me from following.” the beast answered moving around them. “What I do know is they can manipulate her mind, use her to take revenge on you, and she is putting up a fight.”

“YOU CAN’T MAKE ME!”

“You want us to help your friend.” Obi-Wan mused Anakin gave him a sideways glance. “What makes you think you can trust us?”

“Because if you kill her intentionally I will rip all of you to shreds!” The beast snapped its jaws as its form began to shift, growing until the tip of its spikes brushed the ceiling. “There will be nowhere that you can run to fast enough!”

“That was not the question. Our order, The Jedi Order, is one of peace. We were wondering why you chose us to warn instead of retrieving your friend by yourself? You are indeed powerful enough to do so.” Master Fisto pointed out and the creature looked at him, its size shrinking back to its original.

“No, they will use her against me. They are in her mind, they will know what she knows.” the creature said, leading them up the stairs halting at the top. “I can not do this alone.”

“Then it was no accident that we came here when we did.” Master Fisto told the beast standing next to it. “If we are by your side we could stop the spirits….”

“Yes, while they are distracted you, Rex, and Cody could grab your friend.” Obi-Wan finished the thought before Anakin pointed out. “And how can we trust… you?”

“Anakin, we don’t want to make this creature angry.” teased Master Fisto as the beast looked at him before walking to the elevator with an eye roll saying. “He has a point. You shouldn’t just make plans with a random talking beast.”

“We can get to know each other after this.” Master Fisto said as they climbed onto the lift earning another eye roll and a noise from the throat. “Do what you want when this is over.”

When they reached the top it felt different. It was like all the dark energy was just resting on this floor, slowly leaking out across the Academy.

“What is up here?” Anakin asked as the beast began to snarl. “This is where the darkest of the spirits reside.”

“The Dark Council of the Sith.” Obi-Wan warned as the beast moved forward. “You said your friend was lured here?”

“I was not careful enough.” answered the beast hearing the hum of their weapons as it reached the door. “I will not make that same mistake again.”

The beast let out a roar as the door opened, the Jedi moving in first looking around. The room was large, with thrones lining the walls. In the center was a female, in her later teenage years. Her skin was a pale cerulean, her hair rainbow color, and wings coming from her shoulder blades. She was on her knees, her forehead resting on the ground.

“You can’t make me.” the female whimpered as shadows began to fill the room.

“Jedi.” they hissed as they swarmed towards the group. As expected the focus was on the Jedi allowing for the soldiers and the beast to head for the teen. Some were not as dumb and moved to stop them from taking the girl. The beast roared, swiping at the figures with a massive paw. It knocked a few over before it was lifted into the air by one of the Sith Spirits. This caused the teen to stir as the soldier with the orange stripe gathered her in his arms. Her eyes opened slightly revealing that they were glowing. “Stop.”

The beast was thrown into one of the walls as the girl reached out for it. “Don’t hurt her.”

“Don’t worry ma’am the Jedi will help her.” the soldier carrying her said as they got to their feet. The beast was thrown into a throne as they were circled by the spirits. There was a strangled noise from the beast as it was lifted into the air. The teen’s eyes opened fully as she shouted. “I said: DON’T HURT CASSANDRA!”

A pulse rippled through the air as everything seemed to still. A light coming from a rock in the teen’s hand before it erupted outwards. When it faded there were no more shadows. The dust floated around the room shining in a rainbow colored light. The beast was gone and the girl was unmoving, wounds covering her arms. The Jedi looked around in confusion before turning their attention to the teen. The two soldiers were working to stop her wounds from bleeding.

“We will need to get her to the fleet.” the one with the orange accents said as the one with the blue accents continued to stem the bleeding. “What do you think happened sir?”

“I’m not sure Cody, but there is more to this friend of the creature than it was willing to let on.” Obi-Wan said as Master Fisto tilted his head to the side thinking for a moment before saying. “I do believe the beast is female and her name was Cassandra. That is one mystery solved at least. Yet I believe we should be careful, I do not believe the Sith Spirits simply vanished. This friend will need more than just physical healing.”

“Agreed, first we should take her back to Coruscant and see what she knows when she wakes up.” Obi-Wan told them as they began to make their way to the lift. The glowing dust in the room fading to ash and sand behind them.


Silence. Breathing. The whir of strange machinery. A pounding headache that caused Rainbow Dash to groan. She lifted a hand to grab her head when a monotone voice spoke. “Please do not try to move, you are still recovering. Please wait while I get the Jedi Masters.”

“The what?” Rainbow Dash opened her eyes only for the bright lights to be too harsh and she shut them tightly. She heard a hiss and footsteps approach her. She dropped her hand as she turned her head to the side opening her eyes slightly. The strangers that entered the room were humanoid like her, though a few were noticeably different.

“Awake you are.” Rainbow couldn’t figure out where the voice was coming from until she looked down seeing a bring that was short and green with floppy ears. “How do you feel?”

“Confused.” she admitted closing her eyes again. “And my head hurts, would one of you mind dimming the lights? Thank you.”

One of the robed humanoids made a very unhappy noise. When she opened her eyes next the lights were at a more comfortable level. She looked at the group again, observing them with magenta eyes.

“How did I get out of there?” she asked looking at them. “And where am I? This better not be a trick. I don’t like those.”

“We are the ones asking questions here.” one of the robed figures spoke, his tone trying to keep out hostilities but still came off as rude. “Why were you on Moraband?”

“Moraband? Look buddy, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Rainbow replied observing the one who spoke. From the voice she could guess that it was male. Dark skin and bald. The robes he was wearing seemed to be made for more movement based activities. ‘I should ask Rarity… if I see her again.’ Rainbow Dash thought as she rolled her neck continuing. “And if it’s the place I ended up, I don’t know why I was there. One moment I’m talking with… someone who knows a friend of mine and next thing I know I’m waking up in a desert. Still going to have to find out how they teleported me out that far.”

“Moraband is a world that is heavily corrupted by the dark side of the Force….” the man began a lecture but Rainbow Dash got distracted by something brushing against her leg. Looking down she saw what appeared to be a rainbow colored tail twitching. She sat up quickly grabbing it wondering how she didn’t notice it before. She was watching it twitch when a younger voice spoke up. “Master Windu, I don’t think she’s listening.”

Rainbow Dash looked towards them again before letting go of the appendage with a shrug. Moving to where her legs swung over the edge of the bed Rainbow spoke. “Look, I don’t know any of you guys. What makes you think I am going to start trusting you right off the bat?”

“And we don’t know your name, so I think it goes both ways.” it was a young man with brown hair, his robes were darker in color. Rainbow cocked an eyebrow in amusement before saying. “Then let me go first. My name is Rainbow Dash,”

A few of the robed individuals gave her a strange look causing her to ask. “What? It’s not weird where I’m from. Trust me, there are a lot weirder names: Glitter Dust, Humming Dawn, Seaspray… I can go on.”

“Anakin Skywalker.” the young man said with a shrug of his shoulders. “Where are you from?”

“Equestria.” answered Rainbow a little more easy towards him, he seemed to be around her age and not as haughty. “And again, where am I? Where was Moraband? I know I’m not… on my world anymore. I flew around for miles and there was no sign of life where I was. Didn’t even stay up to see if the stars were any different. It never seemed like a good idea to stay up there.”

“Tell me, Miss Dash, how did you end up in the Ancient Dark Council chambers?” another man, one with a beard questioned. Rainbow Dash looked away saying. “I heard someone call me, by name. Nothing else did and I was curious. My mind went blank the closer I got. Look I’m alright. Besides the wounds on me, I feel fine.”

“We are not taking your word on it.” the bald man spoke earning a groan from Rainbow Dash. “We will be keeping an eye on you and you will be healed by a few of the masters. Just to be sure nothing remains in your mind.”

“You mean, I’m on bed rest?” Rainbow Dash laid back letting her head dangle on the other side as she groaned. “I hate bed rest.”

“The more you cooperate the less time it will take for you to heal.” the man spoke before the group moved out of the room. Anakin was the only one who stayed behind.

“Are you here to make sure I don’t escape?” Rainbow didn’t even look up to meet his eye, but ended up sitting up because her wings were getting uncomfortable. Anakin leaned against the wall saying. “Mostly, but I think you know better than to run. If you didn’t you would have taken off by now. I’ve got a few more questions for you.”

“Ask away, not like there is anything else to do.” grumbled Rainbow as she moved one of her wings forward and began to brush her fingers against the feathers.

“How long were you there for?” the first question, Rainbow Dash glanced at him as she responded. “I guess about seven days. Couldn’t tell after I got my arms injured on the third day. I had to rest.”

“And your relationship to that huge beast creature called Cassandra?” Rainbow’s wings twitched at the question as she swallowed. “We couldn’t find her after the battle.”

“I… she’s a spirit I am bound to. I’m helping her move on from a horrible moment in her past.” Rainbow Dash wasn’t sure how to fully explain it. “Wait, I had a rock on me. Do you know where it is?”

“With the rest of your belongings, being examined. What’s so important about that rock?” Anakin tilted his head to the side. Rainbow Dash sighed as she explained. “I learned a binding spell, if I’m injured or killed the binding spell lets the spirit remain inside an object. I think I was so afraid of losing Cassandra that I bound her to the sharp stone she chose out for me to use as a weapon.”

“Spell? Like sorcery?” Rainbow Dash huffed saying. “I don’t know how to explain it, a unicorn said it was the one thing that any creature with a Core could do in order to ensure that they aren’t harmed by creatures or spirits wishing to harm them. In my case, I just wanted to protect a friend. Can we move on to a different set of questions. Please? Like, am I hungry? That’s a good one, I’m starving.”

“How did you banish the Sith Spirits?” Anakin’s question caused Rainbow Dash’s fingers to twitch.

“I was just angry, they were hurting my friend. So I just focused on helping her. That’s the first thing you should know about me. I’m loyal to my friends.” Rainbow admitted her fingers smoothing out the feathers. “Though that’s doing me a lot of good. I can’t even find out the friend I know is missing. I thought she was on that Moraband… Korriban… place but she wasn’t. And judging by the way all of you were looking at me before. She isn’t here either.”

“There are so many species here, I don’t think she would have been noticed.” Anakin told her, moving next to the bed. Rainbow Dash frowned, pulling her hand away and a pink strand following her fingers. Both paused watching as the end of the strand floated upwards vanishing into the ceiling.

“What is it?” Rainbow Dash and Anakin stared at her. “Well I don’t know what that is! This has never happened before!”

Anakin reached out his hand and plucked the strand with a finger watching it vibrate as butterflies flew from it. Rainbow Dash reached out and placed a finger against the strand seeing if that would cause a different reaction. A voice echoed around the room as more of the pink butterflies flew around. “My friends.”

“Fluttershy.” Rainbow Dash breathed as the strand faded away tears welling up in her eyes. “She’s alright. She’s alive.”

Anakin stood there silently as Rainbow Dash wept in relief. He rubbed the back of his head saying. “Look, I think it’s going to be a lot harder to find your friend. The way the strand was pointing indicated that she’s off world. It’s going to take time and resources that you don’t have available to you right now. Not to mention that you are currently stuck on bed rest. I have an idea to help you, but you’ve got to do what you’re told right now.”

Rainbow dash gave him a sideways glance before saying. “Fine, but you have to bring me something to read at least. I don’t like sitting around all day and reading is a way I pass the time.”

“I make no promises, especially with the stuff that we keep on hand. I’ll find something that wouldn’t get me in trouble showing you and something that you might enjoy.” Anakin told her before moving away. “First thing’s first, I do believe you said you were hungry.”

“Definitely hungry.” Rainbow’s stomach rang out in agreement. “Wait… what’s a Jedi?”

Anakin turned around to stare at her for a moment saying. “I’ll explain it later.”

Once the door slid shut Rainbow Dash laid back down in the bed, hoping to have a better room after this. She was missing the hospital beds back in Equestria. At least they were a bit more comfortable.

Author's Note:

I do not own MLP. Please review or comment on this chapter.

Updated: 10/20/2020

Comments ( 2 )

9216881
I meant in terms of voice actors. As for why, it's because I narrate the characters voices in my head when I read.

10677764
Ohhhh that makes more sense. Well then

Aqua Star: Catherine Taber

Sombra: Alvin Sanders

Midnight Sun: Matt Lanter

Comet: Taylor Gray

Aurora: Kath Soucie

Inkwell: Matthew Wood

The Crystal Heart: Adrienne Wilkinson

The Tree of Harmony: A mix of Olivia D'Abo and Tom Kane

Gryph: Jim Cummings

Lethoras: Jon Curry

The Guardian: Mary Jane Wells

Maple: Ashley Eckstein

Raven: Tara Strong

DurgUa: Jason Isaacs

Gears: Georgina Cordova

Moonlight Wisp: Olivia Hack

Hades: Lars Mikkelson

Abyssia: Barbara Goodson

Login or register to comment