• Published 23rd Aug 2014
  • 6,946 Views, 79 Comments

Princest is Wincest: A Lunestia Prompt Tag Collab - TheWraithWriter



A prompt Collab for Lunestia shipping. What more could you want?

  • ...
34
 79
 6,946

Daylight by The Landgrave

Daylight by The Landgrave

Daylight fell across Celestia's closed eyes, the glowing warmth penetrating the lids and prying the lingering claws of sleep from her mind. Her head rose slowly, eyes blinking open, cracking the crust that had formed over night. It was in this state of growing awareness that she began to notice that something was off.

The bed was not her own, nor the room. She recognized them immediately, and with that recognition came memories of the night. A glowing smile pulled at her lips, or would have if not for the treacherous doubt born of too many such mornings were memories proved to be naught but dreams. What strength she had gathered to rise fled from her limbs. Her eyes closed against the light a single tear of lost hope tumbled from her eye to roll down her muzzle.

A moist warmth blossomed on her cheek, catching the salty tear before it could stain her lost sister's pillow. "Tia?"

Celestia's heart stopped, her ears folding back against the phantom voice that she knew could not be there. Was she so far gone that her dreams had made good their hold over her waking hours as well?

The warmth returned, dryer, but spreading across the whole of her muzzle, pressing in a far more familiar, intimate nuzzle than no pony would ever dare. "Tia," the phantom whispered again, "'tis time to awaken."

Scrunching her eyes shut, Celestia wished the infernal light would let her return to sleep. Her eyes popped open, unheeding of the glaring light, of the light from the sun that she had not brought from below the horizon.

"Goodmorning s--"

Celestia reached out, cutting Luna off with a hoof pressed lightly against her lips. She blinked away more tears as her hoof moved, sliding against her sister's cheek. The pressure was returned, Luna nuzzling against the hoof even as it was drawn back.

Words sought escape from her mouth, but her tongue refused to cooperate, leaving her mouth to move without sound. Even as she reached out a second time, feeling the soft, solid... real presence of her sister, Celestia's mind refused to acknowledge that it was true. How many times had she dreamt of this? How many mornings had woken up, only to wake up again and find it all just another dream?

She wasn't real. She couldn't let herself think that she was. She couldn't bear that heartache again.

"T--Tia?"

Celestia pushed away from the phantom, tears streaming down her muzzle. It was just another dream. Just a dream, and now that she recognized that she would wake up. That look of hurt was fake, it wasn't real. She wasn't really Luna. Soon she would wake up and... and... what? What did the waking world hold for her but centuries more loneliness?

The phantom... the dream of her beloved sister pulled her into an embrace, and she didn't fight it. She reveled in it, soaking in the feel of her sister's coat against her own, the hot tears soaking into her shoulder, the desperate whisper reassuring her that it was no dream, that it was real, that Luna was returned to her.

Was it a dream? She couldn't be sure.

But, for now, that didn't matter. She had her sister back, and she wouldn't squander another precious moment of her company.