• Published 23rd Aug 2014
  • 6,947 Views, 79 Comments

Princest is Wincest: A Lunestia Prompt Tag Collab - TheWraithWriter



A prompt Collab for Lunestia shipping. What more could you want?

  • ...
34
 79
 6,947

Wax by Nom_deCheval

Wax by Nom_deCheval

Wax

They pulled back from their embrace, meeting each other’s gaze immediately. Celestia leaned in and gave her a light kiss on the lips, gentle and soft.

“It feels like it hast been ages, Sister.”

“I know, Lulu. I’m sorry, but there have been so many details that I have been attending and matters of state that have required my—“

She brought her wing up to touch Celestia’s lips. The smile on her face only a fraction of the smile in her eyes. “We do not require an explanation. We simply grateful for finally getting to spend time together again.”

Celestia’s withers relaxed and the feathers on the tips of her wings ruffled once and then fell in tightly with the others. “Thank you. You’ve always been so understanding.”

“You seem troubled, Sister,” she said. “We saw thy body relax just now. Hast something been vexing you?”

Taking a few steps back, Celestia laughed under her breath.

“I’m not sure that is the right term for it, Lulu. Concern, perhaps? Doubt?” Celestia said.

“Doubt? What couldst cause doubt to cross into thy mind? Thou art the wisest and most solemn being in all of Equestria!” she proclaimed.

“I wish I felt that were true,” Celestia chuckled.

“Dost thou wish to talk about it?” she asked.

The expression on Celestia’s face was a reflection of the mare across from her. Soft and understanding, layered over what could only be called love.

“I do,” Celestia said. “I truly do, but…but I don’t think this is a good time. Perhaps someday soon I’ll be able to tell you more, but right now I just can’t.”

As her face fell, her expression dropped. Her eyes focused on no particular spot on the floor. It was possible she wasn’t even seeing it. “We…understand.”

“No!” Celestia rushed forward, her wingtip touching underneath her chin, raising her eyes back up. “No, it isn’t that. Don’t think that it’s because of you. It’s not. It could never be you.” Celestia’s eyes glistened with tears. “I love you.”

In a single lunge the smaller mare was pressed against the other. Their necks slid up and down in an affectionate hug.

“Oh thank you, Sister! We were concerned that thou had lost all of thy passion for us. It would have been devastating,” she confessed through tears.

“Never, my love.” She pulled back again and looked into her eyes. “I will always love you. Always and forever.”

“Celestia?” a voice called from beyond the room, causing both of them to look. “Are you in there?”

Turning back, Celestia spoke evenly and calmly. “I have to go now. I want you to sleep.”

“Very well, Sister, but…you will be coming back soon, yes?” she asked.

“Of course I will,” she sighed lovingly.

A golden glow surrounded her and raised her up, moving her over to her resting place. Celestia turned just as the voice entered.

“Tia, I—“ Luna stopped, staring at the figure residing on the raised display. “Is that a statue of…me?”

“Yes, it is,” Celestia said. “It’s a wax form I had made shortly after I…after you…” She took a deep breath. “I’ve had it for about a thousand years now.”

Luna walked around it, studying it carefully. “It is remarkably well crafted. It’s made of wax you say? Why that and not stone or metal?”

“Wax is softer and more…giving,” Celestia explained with a smile.

“It is an excellent likeness,” Luna stated. “It should be on display.”

“I actually like it being here, in a private room where I could visit it…alone,” Celestia said.

Luna looked at her and nodded once. “I suppose.”

“Come, Luna. We have work to do. I can’t tarry here any longer.”

They walked out of the room together, Celestia dimming the lights as they exited.

Author's Note:

............No. I'm okay. I'm not crying.