• Published 23rd Aug 2014
  • 6,946 Views, 79 Comments

Princest is Wincest: A Lunestia Prompt Tag Collab - TheWraithWriter



A prompt Collab for Lunestia shipping. What more could you want?

  • ...
34
 79
 6,946

Space by palaikai

Space by palaikai

The soft glowing light of the sun began to creep above the hills, forcing the gentle blue hues of the moon's radiance aside. Luna stared, her eyes blazing with a cold hatred that had been building up within her for months. The heavens themselves had been lit up with a meteor shower the likes of which Equestria had never seen before, and apart from a few insomniacs and astrology enthusiasts, nopony had borne witness to it.

What was the point? Why have dominion over a realm if nopony was there to appreciate it? Why painstakingly, artistically arrange every twinkling dot in the skies above if everypony was asleep while it happened?

Perfect, beautiful Princess Celestia approached – even though it was early in the morning, not a hair was out of place, her alabaster coat was practically glowing – the tower, only a stifled yawn betraying the air of cool confidence she emanated. Violet eyes glowered at her sister. “Luna, it's time to lower the moon,” she snapped.

The Princess of the Night quaked with a barely-contained fury. How dare she treat her like a subject to be commanded, no more deserving of her respect than a peasant. “No,” Luna said simply, her voice quiet but sharp enough to rend steel.

“I don't have time for your games, Lulu,” Celestia groused as if she were speaking to a wayward child. “Lower the moon.”

Luna ground her teeth; thoughts were forming in her mind that were partly her own, but were fuelled by something … other. Power surged through her body and tiny electrical sparks began to cascade around her.

“What are you ...” began the Sun Princess, but she she didn't have a chance to finish as a sphere of incandescent energy erupted from Luna's horn and travelled swiftly in her direction. She deflected it with a defensive spell, but it was no easy task. Panting, Celestia said, “Luna, whatever's bothering you, we can talk about it. You don't have to do this.”

“No!” howled Luna, lunging forth and plunging her horn deep into Celestia's exposed flank, right in the centre of her cutie mark.

A scream pierced the chill silence; scarlet began to blossom, staining that flawless white coat. “Why?” Celestia whimpered, tears leaking from her eyes.

“You ask why?” growled Luna, drunk on this new energy source coursing within her. Her mind felt strangely clear, though, as if a fog had suddenly been lifted. Celestia had been given everything. Power over the sun, a beautiful kingdom, ponies who loved her unconditionally; anything else she wanted, she took without a second thought. Even her own younger sister was just another plaything to her, to be discarded at a whim. “Look inside yourself, dear sister. Can you really say this day was not inevitable?”

“Luna, please ...”

“Luna is dead.” Beautiful sapphire turned to dark, dangerous black. “You will address me as Nightmare Moon!”

“I don't want to fight you,” the Sun Princess said weakly, trying to draw herself to her hooves despite the pain crippling her. “I just want my sister back. Please, fight this. I don't know what's gotten into you, but this is not who you really are.”

“You no longer have a sister.” Nightmare Moon's voice echoed along the castle walls, shaking their very foundations. With such power, she fancied she could tear the palace apart with nothing more than the sound of her voice. “You haven't had a sister for a long time.”

“What do you mean?” Celestia's hoof went to her side, trying to staunch the flow of blood.

“That night you went to my, to Luna's room,” explained Nightmare Moon. “You weren't looking for her as a sister, you wanted more. You took advantage of a young filly's innocence.”

“I said that we would be the only constant in each other's lives,” replied the Sun Princess, a hollow feeling forming in her stomach as Nightmare Moon twisted the memories of a beautiful experience to suit her own warped perspective. “Luna understood that. She was willing.”

“You took, as you take everything else that you want.”

Nightmare Moon prepared to strike again, but Celestia's body floated into the air, propelled by some force other than her wings; her eyes turned every bit as white as her coat, and her body was suffused with a glow that seemed to both be a part of her and not. It was as if she were drawing in power from the world around her. A rainbow beam coruscated from from her horn, striking Nightmare Moon dead centre.

“I'm so sorry,” Celestia said. “I'm so sorry that I failed you.”

In a burst of effulgent light, it was over.

*

Nightmare Moon awoke. All around her was an empty expanse of white. She looked up to see the shining orb of Equus far above. Or was it below? It hardly mattered. She sensed the wall of energy, blockading the the world from her touch.

Very softly, she began to sob. “I love you, Celestia,” the last vestiges of Princess Luna said before they were lost to Nightmare Moon's toxic influence. “Do not forget me, dear sister.”

*

“I love you, Luna,” Celestia said, looking up at the moon. A dark shadow had begun to form across its pristine surface. “Come back to me, please.”

Author's Note: