• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 638 Views, 3 Comments

The Lunar Celestial War - Seth177



War has broken out in equestria, this is the story of what has happened in such a tragic time.

  • ...
 3
 638

Chapter 1


'Nopony saw it coming.... it happened faster than anyone could do anything to prevent it. It should have been expected to happen.... it was like a powder keg waiting to go off, but it laid dormant. Now it's too late...way too late. Too many things have transpired, in such little time. Evey pony who use to be friends...were just ripped apart. Best friends...became mortal enemies. It's because of one event... long ago... it made everypony misjudge what was possible. They thought it wouldn't happen in a thousand years... it only took 10...let me start at the beginning... in Luna’s base camp....'

Day 5 of the war: I cant believe my friends just.... betrayed me just like that. When they found out I joined the New Lunar Republic, they... attacked me... and called me a traitor... They said I didn't belong with them anymore... Sweetiebell... Applebloom...WHO NEEDS THEM ANYMORE... True friends wouldn't have just left me. I got my cutie mark long before them. I could tell they where jealous. But.....

"Scoots!!!" Dash said "Where have you been? We need your help out here. You cant be just writing in your diary all of the time. You need to help the republic."

"Sorry Dash I didn't mean too. I just needed to write my thoughts down" I said.

She sighs.

"Look I know your upset that your friends left you, but you can't let that get you down....the same thing happened to me...."

She looked like she was on the verge of crying, but she quickly straightened herself up.

"Look there are sacrifices that we must make...we swore our loyalty to Luna, we can't dissatisfy her. You know what will happen." She left as quickly as she arrived....

'Rainbow dash....she never talked about what happened to their friendship....all I know is it upsets her whenever I asked. Their group of six went their separate ways...well that's what I make up from all of this. It could of happened suddenly or...violently... normally you wouldn't think this wouldn't happen, ever. But on the day Luna rebelled and confronted Celestia something.....strange happened. Their battle lasted almost 2 days, it nearly destroyed Canterlot. When The battle was almost over Luna and Celestia collided together with extraordinarily strong magic. During their collision there was a bright flash that seemed like it enveloped all of equestria. Luna fled shortly after that happened. The day after everypony acted differently, like they weren't their selves. Riots and fights broke out in Ponyville, there were a lot of ponies that fled to join either Celestia's or Luna's army. That day is also the day the Cutie mark crusaders split apart....and I joined Luna's army, along with Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Fluttershy...'

I sighed...

Dash hasn't been the same recently. I don't know what's different about her...I can't believe where I have to live is so...small. The only things they gave me were a bed, pillow, table, and a candle. I didn't manage to grab much from home either. Just a pencil, my journal, and of course, my trusty scooter. I might as well go outside, there is no point in keeping Dash waiting...

'The camp was massive, you could barely see the edges even when flying. All you see is rows of tightly packed tents with 2 large tents in the center. One of those tents is where everypony received their rations for the day. The other is Luna's command post and living quarters, it is one of the most ornamental tents you would ever see. There wasn't a specific place the armory was located. There were many small tents scattered throughout where you could obtain weapons. Weapons are a very new creation. The more primitive weapons in the arsenal are bow and arrow, swords and shields, which are standard for most troops. Pegasi have a slightly larger variety of weapons, some of which are slightly more advanced than the standard troops. The choice of weapons for pegasi are bombs, flint lock firearms secured to their saddle which are enchanted to fire psychologically, pellets which release a poisonous gas when shattered. It still shocks me how such terrible weapons of death were developed so quickly...'

Great....Dash never told me where I needed to go. This is hopeless, I should have followed her instead of waiting...wait a second... is that Fluttershy? Why is she here? I thought she wouldn't involve herself with all of this. Hmm...maybe she knows where Dash is though, they always seemed close.

"Hey Fluttershy!"
She jumps and knocks over a expensive looking vase.
"Oops...sorry Fluttershy, i didn't mean to startle you like that"

"Ooh...it's... alright...what are you doing here?"

"I joined Luna's army"

"You did?...But I thought Sweetiebell and Applebloom joined Celestia's army?"

"...they did...and they abandoned me...."

"ooh...sorry I didn't mean to upset you..."

"No...it's ok...hey do you know where Dash went? She wanted me to help her with something"

"Yea, she is in Luna's command tent"

"Ok thanks Fluttershy!"

"You’re welcome"

Now...how am I going to find Luna's command tent....Ooh!
I slap myself with my hoof.
I can fly!
I open up my wings and begin to ascend into the sky
Wow... the camp is much larger than I thought it was. Luckily Luna's tent is the biggest around.
I turn and descend towards Luna's tent and land.

“I’m telling you they are preparing to attack!”

That sounds like Dash, I would know her voice anywhere...

“And I'm in telling you they aren't preparing to attack!”

That’s Applejack i believe...

“I thought you never lied!”

“I don’t lie! I’m in charge of the fastest scouting squad on hoof, and what I saw is they were repairing the damage caused by the Ponyville riot, and Luna's attack on Celestia! There were in no shape to attack, and they were disorganized.”

“Then you saw wrong because what I saw was....”

“ENOUGH!”

The sound of Luna's voice reverberates throughout the tent, and everything goes silent.

“We are not going to get anywhere with you two arguing! I trust Applejack’s word, I don't think that Celestia would go to counter attack that quickly. She would make sure everything is repaired and they are truly ready to attack. We must do the same, we must make preparations, build up defenses, make weapons, train troops, set traps, and gather food and supplies.”

“Fine...I'll make sure the pegasi are well trained, Applejack you should help train all the earth ponies”

“Understood”

Rainbow Dash leaves the tent and crashes into Scootaloo.

“Oops...sorry Dash, i didn't mean to crash into you.”

“Its ok Scoots”

“What where you two arguing about in there?”

“We were arguing about each other’s scouting reports, I thought I saw Celestia preparing to attack, while Applejack saw them repairing. Luna trusted Applejack over me. I’m going to go train the pegasi now on the orders of Luna.”

“How are you going to train them?”

“I’m going to improve everypony’s flying speed, increase their maneuverability in the sky with armor on, and teach them how to use the weapons.”

“Will I be a part of this training?”

“Well you are a pegasus aren't you?”

“Yea, of course I am”

“Then you’re going to be a part of the training. Follow me, I need to gather the other pegaisi.”

'The organization at the beginning of the war was terrible, in total it took us over two hours to fly through the entire camp and gather the pegasi. Half of the pegasi weren't good when it came to flying, Some didn't even know how to fly, and some were just broken....they couldn't deal with the things that happened with the Ponyville riot. I was frightened by some of the things I saw while walking trough the camp. It is one of the things I saw in this war that I'll never forget....'

“Alright everypony! We are here to fight for Luna, but some of you aren't in the proper shape to be effective at fighting. That is why I need to train you! By the time I am finished, all of you will be flying at the speed of sound! Am I making myself clear?”

In Unison:

“Yes ma’am!”

“Louder!”

“YES MA’AM!”

“That is more like it! Now I want to see how fast all of you can fly. So....YOU!”
She randomly picks a pony
“Show me how fast you can fly!”

Wow. Dash demands a lot of respect; she makes for a perfect leader. No wonder she is one of Luna’s generals.

"Ok, some of you need major improvement in order to fly nearly as fast as we need you to" said Rainbow Dash as she looking in the direction of Fluttershy "Some of you though can be just as fast as me with some training" she nudges me with her hoof " The rest of you are fine, you just have to keep training to remain the speed you are. Now isn’t the time though. It's late, everypony should rest up, you have a lot of training ahead of you. Go! Everypony is dismissed!"

Great, now is my chance to talk to Dash. I need to know if she really meant what she said.

"Hey Dash! Dash wait up!"

"What's wrong Scoots?"

"Nothing is wrong, I just wanted to talk"

"About what?"

"Did you really mean what you said back there about me?"

"I didn't say anything about you"

"But you implied it, after you said 'Some of us can be as fast as you' you nudged me, I thought you were talking about me. Were you actually talking about me?"

"Yea Scoots I did talk about you, you're one of the fastest pegasi here. You’re almost as fast as me"

She really means this, but how? I never thought I was fast at all. It doesn't seem right, maybe she is just saying this to make me feel better.

"Are you sure you’re not making a mistake or something?"

"Why would I lie? Anyway you should get some rest, tomorrow you’re going on a scouting mission with me."

"Fine, goodnight Dash!"

"Night Scoots!"

She is hiding something from me, and I want to know what it is. But it is time to rest up though, I'll figure this out tomorrow...

'Ever since the start of the war, the day and night cycles started to act strangely. Some days the morning seemed to last forever, while on other days the nights where almost endless. This is because Celestia and Luna where fighting over control of the sun and moon. The day cycles reflected who was winning. They didn't know didn't know how much damage they where actually causing.... '

Suddenly there were loud noises throughout the camp.

"Ugh... OK, OK I'm awake!"

Huh? What is going on out there? Something is wrong."

Just then Rainbow Dash burst into the tent.

"Scoots get up we need you!"

"What's wrong Dash?"

"We found one of Celestia's scouting groups , and they won't leave without a fight. Scoots you got to get out there and help. Here take this firearm and meet me outside"

Rainbow dash tosses Scoots a firearm that was enchanted so the pony using it could fire it psychologically. Scootaloo mounts it onto her saddle then runs out to meet rainbow dash.

"Dash! If they are in their in our camp, then why are we having so much trouble getting them out?"

"Because they found themselves the most defendable positions. They also managed to take control of one of our food and weapons depots. They are immovable, we can't get close enough for a good shot"

"Then what difference will I make?"

"To be honest, I have no clue what difference you'll make. There is no harm in trying though, we have no plan."

"Why not use unicorns against them?"

"Because they have a unicorn that is more powerful than any of ours. They have twilight over there, the only way to overpower her is if we wake up Luna. That plan will just end up with Luna killing us for failing her."

"So what can we do to stop her?"

"We fight, that's how."

This is kind of scaring me that we don't have some sort of plan to fight them back

'I will never forget what happened next, it'll haunt me forever. As we approached the site of the battle we saw Celestia's scout group encamped in one of the supply depots. There were bullets flying everywhere but none of them were hitting the enemy. That is because Twilight had used magic to protect them. Then I saw the casualties on our side...some of the ponies where bleeding heavily.... others were dead, some with bullet wounds....some died from magic. The sight I'll never forget is all of the blood and death...'

"Dash, we aren't even hitting them!"

"I realized that, I've put a few good shots at them and none hit, they just stop dead in the air."

“Twilight must be creating a shield around them.”

“Then how are we going to beat them?!”

“I have no idea, scoots”

Suddenly there is a splatter of red that blinds me, I wipe it off and realize its blood. I look to my right and the Pegasus that was fighting next to us was dead.

‘From that moment, the only thing I remember seeing is a bright flash of white and what sounded like somepony saying “ENOUGH!”’

Comments ( 3 )

im working on chapter 2 right now for who enjoyed this chapter

I'm guessing RD is dead and this will push Scoots over the edge. :rainbowdetermined2:

817019

Maybe maybe not, you have to discover in chapter 2, im still writing it...i just have small delays due to things irl but it will be written!

Login or register to comment