• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 4,570 Views, 286 Comments

The Fall of Spike the Dragon - Wrangle Wolfe



Following after the events of the Diary of Spike the Dragon, Spike has fallen into insanity. And things just keep getting worse as time goes by.

  • ...
16
 286
 4,570

It Gets Worse...

Everypony was at a loss for words. Right there was their ruler's horn, a bloody mess on the ground. Princess Celestia herself was speechless; her mouth was open wide and her pupils were tiny pinpricks as she lay in the dirt in pain.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight yelled as she got over her shock.

Her mind tried to come up with ways to fix this, but it was blank. No matter how hard she tried, she got nothing. Finally, she couldn't think at all. It was too much; Spike's suicide attempt, the depression, sadness, pain, tears, rage and now this. She just couldn't take it any more. Twilight sat there for a long moment, staring out into space, doing absolutely nothing, until finally, she fell into the dirt beside her former mentor.

Luna stared at me in shock and disbelief. I hadn't hesitated to do it at all. In fact, I did it swiftly, with absolutely no emotion on my face. I hadn't even blinked. Luna stood there, staring at my empty eyes; I stared back. We were stuck like that, not saying a word, just... staring. That is until I acted suddenly. In only a few seconds, Luna was engulfed in my fire. She hadn't moved out of the way fast enough; her shock delayed her reaction, and there was no escape for her. She screamed in surprise and pain, trying to get out of the green flames, but it was no use. My inner magic kept her from moving and she was stuck.

"W-what is this?!" She yelled in shock.

"Magic." Was all I said back, and I felt my magic growing stronger. Soon, the feeling was gone, and Luna had stopped struggling.

Good, you weren't lying about my abilities, Darkness. Not that it would have mattered.

I would never lie to you, my friend. Now, send her to the middle of the Everfree...

Don't have to tell me twice.

Hmm... you seem to be more confident, friend... Confidence added. That's a good sign. Now with more of me, you will show no mercy. Without us, you'd be a coward. I guess Twilight was right about the magic of friendship.

Yeah, she was. Though, I have a feeling that her friendship won't help her now. Or, perhaps it will.

What do you mean by that, friend?

Maybe, if she just knew how to be friends with me and wasn't so dense... Maybe none of this would have happened.

But it has! So it doesn't matter anymore. The ponies have wronged you, and now you must teach them a lesson!

"Goodbye Luna. Have fun dying in the middle of a monster infested forest where you belong, you lying bitch!" Was my last words before I threw her down deep into the Everfree forest. I stood there quietly for a moment before turning around in the direction of where the ponies scattered off to. I didn't waste time looking for the bastard ponies. Instead, I began to crush and burn every house or mansion I saw. If forced the hiding ponies to scatter out, attempting to outrun my towering form and certain death, but I was too fast.I picked up the first pony I saw. All of the ponies looked prissy, so there was no telling which was nobles and which was not. I guessed I'd have to kill them all. Oh well. Can't say I didn't try to show a little restraint and mercy.

"So... you were one of the fuckers that wanted me dead, yes?" I growled. The stallion I was holding shook his head vigorously, crying tho whole time, begging to be released. "... Well, if you truly didn't, then you can thank the fuckers who did for this happening. I'll make sure it's agonizing and slow..." After my little 'speech', I engulfed him in my flames, I could control how my flames worked at any time. He'll be burning for at least an hour and when the flames stopped, he'll be in pain for another half an hour before he finally dies. I'll make sure he gets a clear view of everypony else burning to death as he dies. And they'll die quicker than him.

"Stop right now Spike!" I heard familiar voice call from behind me. I turned my had around slowly and faced the pony who said that. I wasn't surprised to see Twilight's big brother, Shining Armor.

To be truthful, I didn't really want to hurt him. He was more of a friend to me than all of Twilight's friends combined. He had hung out with me when we still lived in Canterlot, always saying that there was too many mares around and that I needed a stallion in my life. He was like a big brother to me, and I felt a connection to him. Whenever I was down, he would be the pony I always went to first for advise. He played with me a lot, showed my how to play hoofball and we were inseparable. We had some good times, cracking jokes, and when I claimed I was old enough to and begged him for an hour, we spent time talking about what mares looked the best. I sent him a letter telling him what was happening back before I went on a rampage, but he said he was super busy dealing with being royalty and fixing up the Crystal Empire after the Sombra incident (Yes, they still had trouble with that), but he'd come as soon as he could. But he didn't come soon enough.

Actually, now that I think of it, I kind of regret going on a rampage. I could've ran off to the Crystal Empire instead of doing this. I could've been with the ponies who looked up to me because I was their hero. I could've seen Shining Armor and talked to him again and tried to get things almost back to normal. But instead, I chose this route and I let him down. My only friend that wasn't just a voice in my head... I had somepony and I still did this. There's no way he'll be able to forgive me for this. My eyes widened and my heart dropped. I had absolutely nothing now. Now... due to my dumb actions... I had absolutely nopony. I was now alone in this world. There's nopony else that loves me anymore. It's over.

But I didn't cry. I just looked at Shining Armor with a sad look in my eyes.

"Go away." I whispered.

"No! You know I won't just-"

"I SAID GO AWAY!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Shining Armor rubbed his ears.

"I was able to take down two goddesses, Shining! TWO! I really don't wan't to hurt you, so go away." I felt something well up inside me. It wasn't good.

"I refuse!" He yelled.

He was a stubborn fool.

"Go!"

"No!"

"GO!"

"It's not gonna happen!"

"GO DAMMIT!"

My body began to shake and my head was pounding. I clenched my head in my claws and my eyes were shut tight. Something was burning me inside of me and out. I panted heavily, and opened my eyes, but seeing nothing but darkness.

"LEAVE NOW!" My voice boomed, but it was deeper and scarier than my normal voice. I felt something cold and hot at the same time running up my body. All of a sudden, extreme pain pulsated through my entire body making me scream in agony. It was like my body was being ripped apart and put back together and then back apart. It was pure agony.

"Hey Rainbow Dash! Could you fly me around Ponyville for a while! I wan't to see how awesome it is to fly!"

"Oh, hey there Spike. Sorry, I ain't got any free time right now. See ya!"

...

"Hiya there Spike!"

"Hey there Pinkie! How's it going?"

"Great! I just made a new flavor of cupcakes today and they're super duper delicious!"

"Cool! Can I have so-"

"Oh, I have to go make some more muffins! We ran out and I almost forgot about them! See ya later Spike!"

"Oh... um, bye... I guess."

...

"Hey Fluttershy!"

"Oh, hi there Spike, how are you today."

"Good as always."

"Oh that's nice I-"

"Where's Angel going?"

"Oh no! Angel! Sorry Spike, but I must go and get Angel. I'll see you later!"

"Yeah... later...

There was no later.

...

"Hey Applejack!"

"Sorry Spike. Can't talk. Gotta buck apples."

...

"Spike, you don't understand how it feels to love somepony only for them to love somepony else!"

...

"Spike, clean up while I'm gone!"

"Spike, come get this book."

"Spike, you stay here."

"Stay here."

"Spike."

"SPIKE!"

"SPIKE!!!"

"SHUT UUUUP!!!" I yelled. "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!"

"Spike?" Shining Armor was looking at me weirdly. I turned towards him in rage.

"SHUT UP!"

The sound of breaking bones and tearing flesh reached my ears. It sounded so loud and I felt like I was about to go deaf. It only angered me even more.

"SHUT UP!"

Crunch!

It got even louder and it was the only thing I could hear. At least it was until...

"SPIKE!"

"I HATE THAT NAME!"

Crunch!

"I love you Spike!"

"NO YOU DON'T! NOPONY EVER DID."

CRUNCH!

"I care about you!"

"FUCK YOU!"

Suddenly, silence. Absolutely no noise was heard. I no longer could hear the crunch of bodies being crushed or that useless name being called. I couldn't hear that damned voice comeing from everywhere but nowhere at all. I couldn't even hear that fire that I knew was surrounding me that should have been crackling and popping.

I opened my eyes and looked around me. The old me would've puked in disgust or have been traumatized for life. Now... I just stared. Right in front of me was a sea of dead bodies, blood and ashes scattered everywhere. I saw that stallion I picked up earlier and he looked traumatized. I looked beck to what used to be Shining Armor, now just a cold corpse laying in its own foul blood. I looked around some more and saw two more familiar faces. I fell on my knees.

"Mom... Dad..." I whispered. They were still breathing surprisingly, but they'd die in a few minutes. I blew my magical flames around their body and teleported them in front of Ponyville's hospital. Hopefully somepony'd find them and help them My fire had also healed them enough to make them last another 10 minutes. My head jerked upwards and I went through my memories. Did I destroy the hospital? I shrugged and turned back to Shining Armor and after hesitating, I teleported him to Ponyville too.

"Spike!"

"I HATE THAT NAME!"

That's enough friend. Darkness whispered. I wanted to cry so badly, but I forced myself not to. I wanted things to go back to normal.

But then again, when was anything ever normal in my life?

Author's Note:

Red: Darkness

Blue: Confidence

Purple: Hope

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I don't know if you like it since I forced myself to write this although I was depressed. Usually I write horridly when depressed, but with a story like this, I can put some of my pain inside of the characters and stuff. I know it sounds weird but....

ANYWAYS, please like and favourite and give any constructive criticism you have for me.