• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 4,566 Views, 286 Comments

The Fall of Spike the Dragon - Wrangle Wolfe



Following after the events of the Diary of Spike the Dragon, Spike has fallen into insanity. And things just keep getting worse as time goes by.

  • ...
16
 286
 4,566

Meeting Darkness

I looked at the flames as they danced gracefully across the city, crawling up broken walls and slithering around debris. Blood stained the dirt below and corpses littered the town, some burning, others spilling blood. A few bodies twitched, as if they were refusing to die, but I knew that they would stop soon. It wouldn't even take a full minute for their defiance to die down along with their breath and life. One single tear fell down my face as I surveyed the damage done to the town.

I never thought that I'd see anything like this in my life... I'm a monster...

No, my friend, the ponies are the monster. They did this to themselves. THEY caused all of this damage and death

Yeah... yeah, you're right! It's their fault!

Yes... never blame yourself for their foolishness...

I stayed silent as I headed to the next town. I didn't know why, but I've been starting to have a few regrets. Should I be doing this? Is it really worth all of these ponies dying? Ponies that don't even know or hurt me? I... had been trying to avoid innocent ponies, but now...

But now, it's time to act.

Right. Now, is the time to act.

"Oh... oh my Celestia..."

"I think... I think I'm gonna be sick."

"I can't believe how many corpses..."

Everypony looked on in horror at the scene in front of them. Flames burnt dead ponies to a crisp, filling the air with a horridly pungent stench that invaded their unlucky nostrils. A few ponies were crawling at a snail's pace as many of them had broken legs of had lost a leg or two. Or all. It was a bloodbath, a thoroughly disturbing scene that nopony could ever hope to forget. The group of ponies ignored the dead bodies the best they could, and followed Spike's large footsteps. They could soon see his tall form standing motionless in a field. They all rushed over as quietly as possible, as not to give themselves away.

"These ponies... will pay." They heard him mumble to nopony. "I will shatter their bodies like they shattered my heart. If I can't find happiness, they can't either, since they caused my misery. I'll show them how it feels to fall and not rise up again."

"Oh Spike..." Whispered Twilight as she began to cry. The others were either crying with her or trying to hold back their tears.

"Twilight?!" Spike whipped around in their direction. Everyone stayed silent, forcing themselves to stop crying as if their life depended on it. Which it probably did.

"Where are you... why are you following me?!" He yelled. Then there was silence. Then Noteworthy sneezed.

"I know you and your friends are there... stop hiding from me!" He roared.

Twilight was the first to walk out, and her friends followed. They all cried as they made their way to the insane drake. This wan't even Spike any more. They had turned him into a monster, warped him beyond recognition and hurt his poor heart. No more was kind, loving and loyal dragon they all once new. He was now an empty shell of what he used to be.

Twilight looked at him with pleading eyes, and he glared back. They looked at each other for a long time, before Spike spoke up. "Why are you here? Don't you have a hornless alicorn to help?" He growled.

"Spike..."

"What did I tell you about that name?!" Spike roared. "You may call me... Darkness." He said, his green pupils turning red.

"P-please stop this! I never wanted this to happen!" Twilight cried.

"You never wanted ME to happen. If I weren't here, you'd still be happy without me! I'm not important to you..."

"You are, Sp-... D... Darkness." Twilight stuttered, She didn't want to call him that name, but she also didn't want to anger him. "You mean so much to me. I just want things to go back to normal!"

"Why, so you can abuse me and use me?!"

"No! So I can make up for what I did to you!" Twilight said, getting closer.

"Why would you want to help me now?! Why would you go through the trouble when so many INNOCENT ponies have died?!"

"Because, S-Spike," She slipped up, but she didn't care. "I love you!"

"N-no! Shut up you lying bitch!" He screamed.

"You are my family! My brother! I love you with all of my heart, I swear it!"

"No no no... SHUT UP!!!"

"I care about you, Spike! Please end this!"

"Shut up! A-and don't get any closer!"

"I was wrong! I don't care how much damage has been done, I just want to fix this! I want to help you, because I really love and care for you!"

"It's too bad, because I don't love you! I did, but you broke my heart and my mind! This is all of your fault and you are just a worthless piece of SHIT!!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs and blanked out for a moment, not seeing what he did in his anger. He could faintly remember Darkness's words. She's being troublesome. Get rid of her...

Twilight stared at Spike in shock and fear, then slowly looked down. His claws had planted themselves deep inside of her chest. With how a pony's body was made, that meant he had hit nearly every organ in one swipe.

"I'm so sorry, Spike." Were her last words before she closed her eyes for the last time.

Author's Note:

I apologize for this being late. I've been busy making people's Fanart and it's been taking up most of my time.