• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 4,548 Views, 286 Comments

The Fall of Spike the Dragon - Wrangle Wolfe



Following after the events of the Diary of Spike the Dragon, Spike has fallen into insanity. And things just keep getting worse as time goes by.

  • ...
16
 286
 4,548

Anger

I woke up with a yawn and let out a long sigh. Without opening my eyes, I held the sun in my magic once again and slowly pulled the sun up over the horizon. After I successfully created a beautiful morning, I opened my eyes to see another pair staring right into my own.

"Good morning!"

"Gah!" I yelped with a flinch. I blinked and realized that this little filly, Love Charm, managed to startle me. How embarrassing. I blushed and frowned. "What do you think you're doing? How did you get here?"

"You let me sleep with you because I didn't remember where my room was and you were too tired to find it for me." She said innocently with a sweet smile.

"...Okay..." I sighed and stretched my body. "How about you go in the kitchen and tell the chef slaves what you want for breakfast?" I suggested.

"Okay mister darkness... I guess I'm a bit hungry." She said, her ears drooping as she heard the word 'slaves'. She had a look in her eyes... it was almost as if they held disappointment. I snorted and ignored her as she walked away.

She's such an annoying kid...

I sighed as I walked through the large, empty hallways of the castle. Normally, there would be guards at every door or walking around running errands. Now, it was just lifeless. Though prissy nobles were annoying, walking with their snouts facing the ceiling, at least they make this place full of life and color. The emptiness felt unnatural, and even slightly creepy. I let my thoughts wander until I heard a noise. It sounded like muffled hooves and yelling. It quickly got louder until suddenly, a hundreds of ponies began pouring through the palace's doors with looks of rage on their faces. I gasped at they completely trampled me, pushing me and stomping on me. I screamed, but nopony could hear me over the stomping and shouting. After what seemed like forever, I finally got away from that mob. with tears falling down my face, I curled up in pain and covered my ears.

When the rumbling ceased I uncovered my ears and looked around. I was greeted to the same emptiness as before. I waited a few moments before attempting to get up. I winced as my bruised hooves touched the floor and pressure was applied. I could taste blood in my mouth and I was missing a couple teeth. I whimpered and started walking to the throne room, where Darkness would most likely be at this time. I was very slow, but I didn't let that stop me. I wanted to know what they would do to Darkness. I only hoped that they wouldn't hurt him. He doesn't deserve to hurt any more.

I yawned and glared down at the mob below me. They were very angry indeed, but unfortunately for them, they wouldn't be able to do anything against me. I sat there and stared at them, waiting for one of them to be brave and speak up. Unfortunately, nopony dared to. My frown deepened and opened my mouth to speak.

"You are one dead dragon." The pony in front finally spoke.

"It was about time you said something, coward."

"I am no coward, you monster." He growled.

"State your name, tough guy." I ordered.

"Graphene Scimitar."

"Listen here Graphene, no pony could ever defeat me. I've overpowered most of the royal guard on my own. I've taken down cities, killed hundreds, got rid of your stupid princesses... And you think you're so tough?" I asked, stepping closer to the crowd.

"We care not about what atrocious acts you have committed! We will prevail!" He yelled.

My frown deepened.

"Try to defeat me. Right now." I said.

"Alright, ready yourself, monster!" Graphene shouted and raised his scimitar sword into the air. Dozens of cheers erupted behind him as they all raised their weapons.

"ATTACK!!!"

I yawned and waited for them to fail, but was surprised hen I felt a bit of pain. My eyes widened as I looked down and saw that Graphene's sword has managed to slice through my rough scales. So, he wanted to me a tough guy, did he? I snorted and sung my claw at him. Unfortunately, it didn't hurt him, and I earned another cut on my hand. Blood dripped from my hand and I glared at him. Who did he think he was, actually wounding someone like me? He must have a death wish.

Graphene and the mob behind him all changed at me at once. Did they really think that the large amount of ponies would make a difference. I chuckled and blew fire at them. The unicorns of the group all flinched and slowed down as my powerful flames showered over them. They must have had a fire-repellent spell set on them. That would've been useful for any normal dragon. I could tell, their spell was very strong. But it had no effect against my fire, due to the amount of magic in my flames. Graphene frowned and flew up at my head. I turned my head as he attacked, but he managed to slash off a piece of one of the fins on the side of my head. I whipped my head towards him and bit his foreleg.

"G-gah!" he yelled and lost his focus. I took the opportunity to attack him again. He managed to move out of the way last minute, but I still got to graze his wing. Graphene yelped in pain and plummeted to the ground with blood oozing out of his wing. He landed with an 'oof' onto the floor.

"Hm... time to end this..." I blew my fire across all of them and sent jolts of magic through them. I heard grunts and whinnies of pain from all of them, as if they were getting electrocuted.

All of the ponies just stopped where they were, refusing to move so they wouldn't be in more pain. I whistled and soon, some guards arrived.

"Alright you garden gnomes, I know you weren't hired to stand there and look pretty! Be useful for once and take these fools to the dungeon..." I ordered.

"Yes master Darkness!" They said, and got right to work. I sighed and pointed at a random guard.

"And you..."

"Y-yes master?" He asked, his voice slightly quivering in fear.

"Go check on my little ones." I ordered.

"Yes master..." He turned to go do his job, until I said one last thing.

"If any of them has a single hair out of place, just know that I haven't had breakfast yet today, and I think you'd make a nice meal..." I threatened.

He nearly choked on his own saliva and yelped in fear as he rushed to go check on the children.

"Oh no... oh no! Oh no! Oh no! Noooo!" I heard a voice shout and begin crying. I looked down the hall and saw a royal guard who was shaking where he stood. "I don't wanna die! I don't wanna die! Oh Celestia, please let me be hallucinating!" He yelled.

"Wh-what's wrong?" I asked the guard.

"They hurt you.... N-now master Darkness is gonna eat me alive!" He said.

"Oh no..." I frowned. That sounded horrifying. "Maybe I could convince him to let you live?"

"Oh please, he's a monster! Do you actually think that a little filly such as you could change his mind?" He asked skeptically. "I'm doomed I tell ya! Dooomed!" He went back to crying.

My eye twitched a little. I knew he was just really upset, but he saw me as weak! I'm not weak! I am capable of doing anything I set my mind to. Just like I was able to go outside yesterday. I rolled my eyes sighed.

"Where is he?" I asked the sobbing guard.

"H-he's in the throne room... w-why?" He asked.

"I'm going to him right now..." I said and began walking to the throne room.

"W-what? You're just gonna go there and quicken my death?" He shakily asked.

"Nope. I'm gonna tell him not to kill you." I said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"A-are you insane!? You c-can't just tell master darkness what to do! He'll surely eat you too!" The guard screamed.

"Stop screaming. Let's go." I growled.

I was surprised that he actually followed me. Then again, he thought he was going to die anyway. That's also why he started panicking. Still, despite him thinking he was going to die, it didn't change the fact that he was being very annoying.

Soon, I made it to the throne room. I peeked inside and saw a bunch of unconscious bodies on the floor in front of Darkness. I recognized a few or them who had trampled me earlier. I huffed and frowned. Usually, I felt sorry for other ponies who got hurt. Especially when they're trying to defend other ponies. But for them to completely ignore me and walk all over me like that? They definitely deserved it...

"Mister Darkness?" Walked into the room as normal as possible.

"Oh... hello there Lov-" Darkness stopped when he saw the bruises and scratches all over me. "What happened to you?" He asked in a slightly concerned voice.

"Well... I was walking to the kitchen to get something to eat when those ponies over there just trampled me..." I told him.

A small trail of black smoke drifted out of his nostrils as he tightened his fists in anger.

"What is taking you imbeciles so long to get these fuckers OUT OF MY SIGHT!!!" He roared loudly. The guards all flinched and rushed to get the unconscious ponies into the dungeon. He then looked at the guard that was trembling in fear behind me. "Now... I believe I let you know what was going to happen, didn't I?" Darkness growled at the annoying stallion.

"Y-yes master Darkness..." The pony sighed and accepted his fate.

"Mister Darkness, please don't eat him." I said.

"Why shouldn't I?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"He didn't do anything."

"...So what?"

"So please don't do it. He really doesn't deserve it."

"...Er... Very well.... if it bothers you so much." He said hesitantly before looking over to the shivering guard. "You. Get over here. Now."

The guard gulped and did as mister Darkness asked. Mister Darkness spent some time glaring at the guard before suddenly swiped his claw at him three times. There was silence once more. It was then that the guard's left ear, left front hoof, and most of his hair fell to the floor. A few more moments passed before the guard also fell to the floor in shock, his face still contorted in fear. I simply stared at the act, unsure of how I felt about it. Darkness chuckled.

"You said not to eat him, and I believe you wanted him to live. I did as you asked. He is still breathing, and he isn't in my mouth." He said.

I frowned.

"Oh, don't you give me that look." He snorted."Foals these days just wanting to be spoiled... Come now, let's get you patched up" he said. I looked at him expectantly and he shook his head. "Walk yourself." I sighed and limped to the throne room's entrance/exit. Mister Darkness followed with a frown on his face.

"Next time, don't expect me to be so merciful." He said.

"Why do you always have to kill other ponies, when they can help you? You're killing allies!" I complained.

Mister Darkness sighed. "Because I can."

"That's not an excuse, Mister Darkness..." I mumbled.

Mister Darkness blinked and glared at me.

"Just who do you think you are talking to me like that?"

Oops... I think I got too comfortable. Just because he let me go out yesterday doesn't mean I can control him... yet. I thought and began to scold myself.

"I'm your superior and your master... I refuse to let you talk to me like you have authority over me!" He roared.

I flinched as he snorted and turned around. He blew his magical fire out into the air, and it traveled to the guard that was still unconscious. The fire then made its way into his mouth, and the guard slowly opened his eyes.

"Wake up. Now. And get over here." Mister Darkness commanded. The guard quickly woke up at his voice and begun hobbling and stumbling across the room to us. It took him a long time with his missing hoof, but he eventually made it. He looked expectantly at Darkness and waited for his next command. "This filly thinks that she's in control. She believes that she actually has power over me. I think I have been a bit too... nice. Not any longer. Take this, you useless slave." He said with a frown. Darkness handed the pony one of the weapons that somepony in the angry mob had used. It was a gardening bow rake.

The guard did as he was told and grabbed the rake from him.

"Using the handle of this rake, I want you to beat some sense into her."

"Wh-what?!" Both I and the guard exclaimed.

"I-I can't do that to a little fill-"

"Do you want to die?" Darkness threatened.

I felt a horribly stinging pain on my bottom almost instantly after that threat. I screamed out in pain as tears filled my eyes. The same pain came again and again, harder and harder as I could faintly hear Mister Darkness telling him to put more strength into his blows. After what seemed like an eternity of stinging, it finally stopped. I was left gasping and crying on the ground. Weak. Like always. I tried to stop the tears, but I wasn't even able to slow them down. The pain was simply too much.

"Go patch her up." Darkness told the guard. He nodded and, despite his injuries, managed to get me onto his back and begin walking away from Mister Darkness.

That filly... there's something about her. She's not like any normal foal her age.

Well, that's obvious... she's too smart!

What do you mean 'smart'? She got trampled and was worried about the enemy!

Well, while I was breaking down some invisible walls, I happened to literally see her thoughts!

Why are you using up your energy?

Well, I just thought that what she was doing made no sense. So I tried to make sense of it!

You tried to make sense of something. Discord, you fool...

Anyways, while I was reading, I noticed something. She's really up to something. I think she's trying to...

Trying to what?

I can't say it, you silly little voice.

Why? I'm you!

I'm not gonna spoil it! You'll have to see for yourself.

...Sometimes, I think your IQ is in the negatives.

What do you mean in the negative? My IQ is 31415926538979!

...It's not...

It is. My IQ is whatever I want it to be. Because I said so.

I knew I should've picked someone like Tirek to torment instead of you thousands of years ago...

Author's Note:

...I don't like this... Something about this chapter. Oh well, I read it over several times...

Pinkie: Yeah, it does seem off. Like Reeeeally reeeeeally off... Like reeeeeeeee-

I get it Pinkie. You're not helping...

Pinkie: Oops. Sorry. I'll be in the story if you need me.

Sure thing. And as always, you're always welcome beyond the fourth wall.

Pinkie: Superific!