• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 4,566 Views, 286 Comments

The Fall of Spike the Dragon - Wrangle Wolfe



Following after the events of the Diary of Spike the Dragon, Spike has fallen into insanity. And things just keep getting worse as time goes by.

  • ...
16
 286
 4,566

The Destruction of Equestria Part II: Fillydelphia

Next town. Oblivious ponies trotting happily. Different place, same scene playing in front of me. No matter how far I walk, I see the same thing. Doesn't matter. Soon, I'll be seeing the same emptiness of the other towns. Different scenery, everywhere. At least until it's familiar. I don't care any more. My care had died with my family. I no longer cared the moment Twilight Sparkle took her final breathe. I stood at the edge of Fillydelphia, near a stream by a cluster of trees. The wind blew against my rough scales, drying my sister's blood onto them. I had surprised myself earlier. I had weeped. Like I had as a little child when I hadn't gotten my way. I cried and cried for hours until there were no more tears. Then I got up, and went continued my blind journey into hell.

I sighed as I looked out into the distance, scanning the blue and green that stretched on for miles. It no longer looked beautiful and wondrous as it had before. Now, it meant nothing to me, even though I had spent most of my life hoping to fly up and see it even better. I had imagined it would be a breathtaking . Now, it hardly existed to me. I sighed, a puff of smoke trailing from my nose. I couldn't believe she was gone. The one who helped bring me into this world... was gone. Just like that.

A dark smile went across my face.

You don't need her, friend. You never needed her. You've needed true friends, and now you have that. You may feel misery, but we'll be there to share the pain with you.

Darkness was right. I didn't need Her... or the others... I needed somepony who cared for me. And even when Spike stopped caring, I had... Darkness by my side. And with Darkness, I was guided by his strings, but I don't mind. I've never felt so free before. I felt magic surround me as the sky turned dark and the ponies that were trotting happily through the town were now walking slowly with grim looks on their faces. Some, however, had looks of fear and anger and ran away or sat in place, looking longingly at the ground. I walked towards the grim ponies and began to sing.

I am in control
I haven't lost my mind
I'm picking up the pieces
Of the past you left behind

I dom't need your condescending
Words about me looking lonely
I don't need your arms to hold me
'Cause misery is waiting on me

I am not alone!

Screams...

Not beaten down just yet!

Torture...

I am not afraid, of the voices in my head!

Cries of agony...

Down the darkest road
Something follows me
I am not alone
'Cause misery, loves my company!

I heard the ponies echo my words as I slaughtered them. Some of them accepted their deaths and didn't run. Others writhed and yelled back, spitting in my face or insulting me before they died. I almost didn't realize their actions, but burned and slaughtered them all the same. It was as if they had also stopped caring.

Leave me in the cold
You better run away
I'm gonna dig a hole
And bury all the memories we've made

I don't need your condescending
Words about me looking lonely
I don't need your arms to hold me
Cause misery is waiting on me

I am not alone!

Laughter...

Not beaten down just yet!

Smiles...

I am not afraid, of the voices in my head!

Mixing with the flames...

Down the darkest road,
Something follows me
I am not alone
'Cause misery, loves my company!

Crack after crack echoed in my ears. Shouts of pain and tearing flesh filled the air as blood stained the ground. This was it... this was my life. This would go in until I died or somepony somehow managed to stop me. Misery embraced me with warm arms and controlled everything I did and I didn't fight it. I didn't have the mental strength to fight the darkness, and I didn't want to either.

I am not alone!

WE ARE ONE...

Not beaten down just yet!

YOU ARE MINE!

I am not afraid, of the voices in my head!

I AM MORE!

Down the darkest road...

IT'S ME!

Something follows me...

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN ME!

I am not alone,
Cause misery loves my company!

YOU HAVE NOTHING NOW! IT'S ALL MINE! I AM YOU! YOU... ARE... NOTHING!

And then here was nothing. I thought I was gone before, but now, I was locked deep within my mind without any escape. I was so far gone... there was no way I could be saved now.

But it's okay.

I'm used to being caged...


Author's Note:

If you don't want any more song chapters, then tell me, please. Constructive criticism is deeply appreciated.

I've decided that I will put the poems at the end of the chapters instead of the actual chapters.

See-through

I run through the fields
I walk through towns
I stop to say hello

They run away
They walk through me
They don’t speak, away they go

Away they go
Away from me
Away from the fear I radiate

To hurt me
To ignore me
To fill me with hate

Because I’m different
Because I do not matter
Because I do not exist

I am me
I am see-through
I will not be missed