• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 4,570 Views, 286 Comments

The Fall of Spike the Dragon - Wrangle Wolfe



Following after the events of the Diary of Spike the Dragon, Spike has fallen into insanity. And things just keep getting worse as time goes by.

  • ...
16
 286
 4,570

The Destruction of Equestria Part I : Baltimare

There was no warning for the poor ponies in Baltimare, minding their own business and trotting around in blissful ignorance. They didn't know of the large drake making his way to them until they heard his heavy footsteps on the earth. Nopony was prepared for him as he towered above them all baring his fangs angrily. Screams rang through the air as the ponies ran and attempted to escape their inevitable deaths. Green fire spread quickly and soon, another town looked like hell on earth. Ponies started to get stuck on debris and burned in green flames, slowly burning off their fur and skin. The stallions tried to rush the mares out of the area, but were little help as they soon perished from one of the many dangers that were going on at once. If it wasn't the fire, it was something falling on them, or Spike either stepping on them like insects. Sometimes, it would be him clawing at other ponies, tearing their insides into shreds. For a few ponies, he'd put them in his mouth and spit them out and once they hit the ground, you could see many bite marks on their bodies. It was a truly disturbing scene that could make anyone sick to their stomachs.

Spike on the other hoof was hardly aware with what was going on. He blindly attacked anything that moved. As he attacked the helpless ponies, he screamed in agony and anger. He hated the crunching of their bodies as he continued to decapitate the heads off of ponies. It rang in his ears and he couldn't get it out of his head. His attacks were swift, but a lot of times he didn't fully kill the ponies. In his blind rage, he failed to see how many ponies he had injured but were still alive and crawling away. The main reason a lot of then died was because he stomped on a lot of them who couldn't run fast enough, or they had lost too much blood. Still, he inflicted injuries that would last a lifetime.

The insane drake screamed in anger as he heard the ponies yell 'monster' near him. Of course they were wrong... or so he thought.

"YOU ALL DESERVE TO DIE!" His menacing voice could be heard throughout the whole town. This frightened the ponies even more, encouraging them to run faster. When nopony thought it could be any scarier, hey heard his maniacal laughter ringing in their ears, a sound they'd never forget until the day they died. Everypony also realized, that said day was likely today.

Equestria was used to large demons and other threats showing up all of the time, but this was unheard of. None of the demons that reside in the depths of Tartarus had managed to kill anypony directly. Yes, ponies would die from whatever they changed with the magic or anything like that. For example, the windigos killed several ponies using a natural disaster and Discord killed others by driving them insane to the point that they killed themselves. But never did a villain directly cut through the flesh of ponies with their own claws. Spike was something foreign to all of ponykind. He did the unthinkable and his sins will be remembered for all of pony thousands of years to come.

"Girls?"

Everypony turned their head to Twilight, who seemed to be looking out into nowhere with a look of dread on her face.

"D-do any of you... remember how to even use the rainbow power?" She asked quietly.

A round of collective gasps sounded in Zecora's living room. They hadn't thought that through. None of them even knew how to activate their powers if they needed to. When they opened the chest it was an automatic response, but how do they do it without the chest? Each mare's heart dropped as they realized what this could mean for Equestria. Total destruction played through their minds.

"Our only choice is to talk him out of it." Applejack said.

"But he won't listen to us AJ. We're the reason he's like that, remember?" Rainbow dash said dejectedly.

"Well, until we find out how to work the rainbow power, what else do you s'pose we do?"

"..."

Nopony had another plan. They were running out of options. How would they deal with this new situation? They overthrew tyrants, gods and demons. But this was their corrupted friend, who actually dismembered Celestia's horn and destroyed their entire village. A dragon who will live for thousands of years, with scales that are rougher than diamond and can withstand almost any abuse who will not hesitate to destroy them all. How can you convince an insane dragon to stop attacking the ones who hurt him? The odds were that he'd either ignore them or kill them in his blind rage.

They sat there for a long time, silently pondering what to do, until a brown stallion walked into the door with a white stallion on his back. He was breathing heavily and sweating, nearly collapsing from the unicorn's weight. He carefully set him onto the floor and regained his breath. That's when he finally decided to speak.

"Hello, I'm Time Turner and I couldn't help but notice your brother here was in front of where the hospital used to be." He said to Twilight, which prompted her to stop crying for a moment and look at the colt in front of her.

"Shiny!" She exclaimed and hurriedly knelt down to hug him, until she noticed that his heartbeat was really weak and slow. Tears formed in her eyes. He was dying quickly. Zecora knelt down and immediately gave him a potion. She sighed in relief.

"Luckily for you, he should be fine in an hour or two." Zecora told Twilight. Twilight smiled for the first time in weeks and cried happy tears, while holding onto her brother.

"Excuse me ladies, but I'm afraid there are two more familiar faces here." Time Turner said as two ponies, a gray pegasus and a blue stallion walked in with two more ponies. The grey pegasus, Derpy Hooves, had gray mare and behind her, Noteworthy, was slowly dragging himself through the door with a stallion that had the same color scheme as him. Noteworthy collapsed onto the floor and slowly rolled the stallion off of his back, while he struggled to breathe. Derpy raised an eyebrow at him.

"We... uh... didn't walk that far, Noteworthy..." She said.

"What do you mean we didn't walk that far?! It felt like we were walking for hours!" He yelled.

"We only walked for ten minutes..."

"But I was carrying a full-grown stallion on my back!"

"And I was carrying a full-grown mare... You're really out of shape."

"Hey, I'm a book writer, not a body builder!"

"But still-"

"Okay you two," Time Turner interrupted. "stop bickering, we have more urgent things to worry about." He pointed to the ponies they carried.

"Oh, right, sorry Doctor." Derpy apologized.

"Why does everypony insist on calling me that? I'm not even a-"

"Uh, Doctor... you're starting to get off topic too..."

"Huh... oh! Er... sorry everypony. Now, back to business. Um, I managed to help them a little bit using what we had to work with... which wasn't much... but they are in bad shape at the moment and do require much better medical assistance than we could offer to them." He explained to Zecora. The shaman nodded and after examining their injuries, went to go mix up a brew on the other side of the room.

Twilight began to cry harder than before. She couldn't believe that she had angered Spike enough for him to do this to their own parents and brother. Time Turned turned towards the distraught princess and gave her a look of sympathy.

"I'm sorry that all of this had to happen to you Princess Twilight. Neither you or your assistant deserved to go through any of this pain." Time Turner said sadly.

"Spike never deserved it... But I... I do. I treated him wrong and it's all my fault... And now-"

"Please don't say that." Time Turner said. "We all make our mistakes. You didn't intend for this to happen. I'm sure that we'll find some way to get things close to normal again. It will be a long, hard struggle, but somehow we'll all pull through."

"'We'? You mean you'll help us?" Twilight asked, wiping away her tears. Time Turner nodded. "But, we don't want anypony else to get hurt because of our mistake."

"Oh we'll be fine!" Time Turner said, waving his hoof dismissively. "Derpy and I can handle it! Though I can't say the same for Noteworthy, though."

Noteworthy had just managed to breathe normally and glared at Time Turner. "What do you mean by that. I think I'd do just fine."

"You couldn't even handle a ten minute walk." Derpy interjected.

"Er... right. Now I think I have a way to solve this dilemma... though it could go wrong in many ways." Time Turner said.

"What's that?" Asked Applejack, who was quietly listening to everything that happened.

"We could take my TARDIS, which can go back in time but... you see, the TARDIS has a mind of it's own, meaning it could send us somewhere we don't want to go."

"Why don't we try something that'll keep us in this time period?"

"Well, we could always try and... convince him to stop?"

"That's what we were gonna do the firs time. And if that didn't work we were gonna try to find out how to use rainbow power. After that, we had nothing, so it's good to know we have another option."

"Wait, you have a TIME MACHINE?!?!" Noteworthy yelled in surprise when he finally comprehended what Time Turner said.

"Ow... Yes I do, would you please stop yelling?" Time Turner said, rubbing his ear.

"Er... sorry."

So the ponies sat there and planned out what they needed to do and though of some more ideas. Hopefully for Equestria, they will succeed.


Where Spike is currently causing chaos:

Author's Note:

Sorry the update took so long guys. I needed to take a looong break. Sure, Christmas break meant more time to work on stories, but I'm not about to give some lame excuse like "I was busy." No. I genuinely didn't feel like writing it. I intend on giving you all good quality chapters and I intend on doing so, which means I will not force my self to squeeze out stuff that I could've done better if I had just waited. Though I really do not enjoy having everyone waiting so long either, I will try not to let this happen again.