• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 4,155 Views, 263 Comments

What are the odds? - HikariToYami



Follow Dave as he gets teleported into Equestria and tries to cope with life there.

  • ...
18
 263
 4,155

REVELATIONS!

"Revelation, revelations, revelations, revelations, revelations, revelations, revelations and waht was it again? OH yeah, REVELATIONS!"



I stand in the opening of the door, staring at Celestia and she stares back to me. It feels like this awkward moment is never going to pass so I do the only logical thing. I close the door and walk away like nothing happened. ‘Om my god that was hilarious.’ Glad you liked it. ‘Well, here comes the door.’ Door? Just as I was about to take my fifth step, the door to the library flies off its hinges and hits me so hard I fly 20 feet away and land head first. ‘Plan *complete control* is a success!’ I can feel myself losing conscious fast and the last thing I see is Dashie flying towards me.


-----------------------------------Third person point of view-----------------------------------


Dash flies as fast as she can to Dave’s unconscious body, lying on his back facing the sky. Landing next to him she tries to wake him up by tugging him on his side saying.

“Dave. Dave, wake up, this isn’t funny! Listen to me! I told you to stop worrying me. IT’S. NOT. FUNNY!” She kept trying but was removed from him by a white aura. Looking towards the library she sees Celestia’s horn glowing bright and Twilight with a shocked expression.

“Get away from that creature, Rainbow Dash. We don’t know what it is and it could be dangerous.” Celestia says trying to figure out what kind of creature was lying on the ground.

“But Princess it’s Dave, he’s our friend and would never hurt anyone. I wrote to you about him in some of my letters.” Twilight says trying to reason with Celestia.

“Twilight, the reasons I came here for were to see my son and ask you why you haven’t sent any letters to me. There’s also the issue of the huge magical release the happened a few hours ago.”

“But I sent you a letter just yesterday.”

“Well maybe we can ask your friend who’s only pretending to be unconscious.” Looking over to Dave’s body they can hear a strange laugh coming from him.

“Damn, your better than I thought Celestia. I was planning to just laying down here on the soft comfortable ground, just listening to you and the girls arguing. Well, all good things must come to an end.” He stands up and cracks his neck before opening his eyes reviling them to be blood red.

“So you finally reveal your true self, monster.”

“*Monster* is such an ugly word. I prefer *Human* it sounds so much better.” He says with a wicked grin.

“Dave, what happened to you? Your wings are pitch black.” Twilight couldn’t help but notice the irregularities on Dave.

In the blink of an eye Dave was gone and stood face to face with Twilight which caused her to jump back in surprise. “Don’t forget the red eyes. I’m proud of them.” He said and reappears were he stood. “Now let’s cut to the chase. Celestia, you tried to kill Dave and I don’t take kindly to that so I will have to punish you.”

“Why do you talk like you’re not Dave?” Celestia asks.

“It’s because he isn’t.” says a voice from behind Dave. He turns around and sees a crowd has formed and Nova was standing in front of them all. “You should stop now or Pure will be very pissed.”

“Aww come on, I haven’t seen Celestia in hundreds of years. Do you really think that he can stop me?” Dave replies.

“Who are you?” Celestia asks.

“He is an incredibly old and powerful being whose name was lost in time.” Nova answers.

“Actually I have many names. Even here in Equestria I go by one.”

“And what’s that?” Celestia asks.

“Celestia, I’m hurt. It’s only been 700 years since we last meet.” Celestia only stares at him with rage in her eyes. Charging up the strongest spell she knows and cast it towards him, screaming.

“DAAAAARK!”

The white orb flies towards him. He puts some power into his hand and hits the orb, sending it flying up into the sky until it explodes in a bright white light. “Celestia! I’m so happy you remember me. How’s the family?”

“After everything you’ve done you dare to ask me that? Because of that spell you used on me I almost did something horrible. Now prepare to die! ”

“What, not sending me to the moon or turning me to stone but actually killing me? My, I’m surprised.” He says. Celestia, full with rage, teleports to Dark and tries to buck him in the gut but fails when he disappears and reappears in front of her and giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. “Now Celestia, calm down. You know that this isn’t my body but Dave’s and you will only hurt him and not me, so just stop.” She looks at him with even more rage then before.

“You’re a coward!”

“And you’re weak.”

“HA, from what I’ve seen you can only run and hide. You have no real power.” An evil smirk appeared on Darks face

“Well, let me give you a little demonstration, Celly.” He relaxes and lets his power out. It’s so strong that everyone, even Celestia, starts to breath heavily, sweat and lie down. After a few seconds the ground starts to shake violently and everyone starts to scream in terror. Then it suddenly stops and they stare at Dark whose only standing there like nothing happened. “No power, huh? I have more power then you can even imagine. You don’t stand a chance.”

Dash flies as fast as she can towards Dark and hits him in the chest knocking him over. She sits on his stomach, tears rolling down her cheeks. “LET DAVE GO!” she cries putting her face into his chest. “Give him back! I want him back!”

“Sorry to disappoint but I wasn’t the one who took him away. That was Celestia.”

“I did no such thing.” She protested.

“Yes you did. When you shoot that door on him you knocked him out and therefore, replacing him with me.”

“When will he return?”

“When he regains conciseness, which should be in a few seconds, and RDs voice is really annoying so that speeds up the process.”

“HAY” She yells.

“Hahaha. Well anyway.” He disappears from under Dash and reappears at the entrance to the library. “I need a good nap so don’t disturb me or you will live to regret it, just like the other worlds have.”

“Worlds?” Twilight asks.

“What, you think that after living for billions of years with this amount of power I haven’t killed anyone. Laughable, I have killed more than I can count by now. I have even blown up a couple of universes.” He stretches his arms and walk inside. “And remember, don’t wake me up.” Then he closes the door after him.

“Why did it have to be Dark? I thought he was dead.” Celestia says, looking really dumbfounded.

“Pure tells me that they can’t die, they are eternal even more so than you Celestia.” Alex tells.

“Who is this Pure you are talking about?”

“Let’s just say he’s like Dark but a lot nicer.” Celestia nods.

“Ok, I want to know what is going on here, I don’t understand, who is Dark and what did he do? He seems like a real douche.”

“Twilight, my most faithful student, you must understand this. He is really dangerous when angry. And I don’t want to talk about what he did; it was one of the most embarrassing moments in my entire life. What I am wondering is, what is he doing with this Dave fellow?” Nova coughs taking all attention to him.

“You could say Dark is using Dave as a vessel but he does not have control all the time, only when Dave lets him or when Dave gets knocked-out. This also means I have to talk about Pure and he also instructed me to do so.”

“What do you mean with instructed?” Celestia says.

“Well, first you must know that Dark is not the only one who has been with Dave so to speak, Pure also has. Dash you might remember that Dave’s wings got healed real fast right?” She nods. “That was due to a bet Pure had with Dave, and Dave won so Pure healed his wings. Another example would be the cave incident, you remember that right?” She nods again. “Well Dave got killed fighting that dragon, but Pure saved him from death through possession.”

“It’s good to see not everypony with the amount of power Dark has not being complete jerks.”

“Celestia, you must see it like this, Dark and Pure are THE oldest creatures to ever exist, they were created almost exactly after the creation of the universe and that is A LOT of time. But the only being that can match one of their powers is the other one; nopony, no anything, has any chance against these guys. So the best bet would be not to piss them off.”

“So how do you know all this? You seem really informed.”

“You know how I talked about Pure and how he also was in Dave’s mind. The thing with that is when he’s not in Dave’s mind he’s in mine and he just gave me all this information.”

“So Dave has voices in his head?” Rainbow asks.

“More like one, they change each day. But yes that is pretty much the jest of it. Pure also makes a humble apology for Dark’s behavior.” Alex explains.

“I accept his apology, but I want to know why they are here? And what is their goal?” Celestia stomps in the ground.

A flash goes around Nova and his eyes turn bright white. “Much easier to talk this way. I am Pure and don’t worry about Nova he can hear everything and he allowed me to do this. Do you have any questions about this whole thing?”

“I have one!” Twilight gives out a small shout.

“Calm down Twilight, so what is your question?”

“Why is that Dark guy such a jerk?”

“That is a simple question but I am afraid I have promised Dark to never talk about that, since it’s a really touchy subject for him. But before this thing happened he was a nicer guy but still a jerk. Does that answer your question?” Twilight nods while looking really confused about these revelations. “Any more questions?”

“What I am wondering is why are you in these guys mind and I must thank you for saving Dave’s life in that cave. Because, ermm I…”

“I know of your feelings Rainbow, I am all knowing so to speak, but enough with that. To the question I answer: We are in their minds while waiting for the right time to reveal ourselves, but we are also here, or at least I am here to guide them. Mostly Dave because he has a purpose that I cannot explain but it has significance that is all I have to say on the subject.”

“I have one final question for you mister Pure, is there any way I can make Dark pay for what he did?”

“Celestia, I am willing to help you with this on another date, not right now but in time I will help you. He can feel pain but he can’t die but he can’t get bruises. Anybody we possess gets the ability of us and heals itself. Now I will take my leave, so good night everypony.”

“Good night mister Pure.” Everypony say in unison as a light engulfs Nova and he is returned to normal.

“Wow, he has never done that with me before and I must say it was really weird. Now that all the confusion is gone I want to go to sleep, because I am getting tired. So goodbye!” And with that Nova starts to trot of towards the boutique.

“That was probably the weirdest conversation I have ever had.” Rainbow says.

“This has really made my head hurt form all these questions. Why would Dave be hiding those voices from us? Maybe he thought we would think he was crazy. Agh! Why does this make so little sense?”

“My faithful student you must understand that this is not boding well, or I really have no idea what this means. All I know about them is that they have unlimited power and as such are to be watched with a careful oversight. But I am also unable to do anything against them; all we can hope for is that mister Pure helps us.”

Then Dave steps out from the library.


----------------------------------------P.O.V. Change to Dave----------------------------------

“Can somepony please explain what happened here? I only remember getting hit by a door.” ‘I took over your body for a second there to say hi to an old friend.’ Did you have to do that? ‘Well, yes it’s fun to remind Celestia of her most embarrassing moment ever.’ You are not going to tell me are you? ‘I don’t feel like it.’

“You got taken over by something called Dark; he looked really scary with red eyes and black wings.” So you really had to do that? ‘No, but as I said before I think it looks cool.’

“Rainbow, please don’t tell me he did something bad.” Wait your name is Dark? ‘Not my original name but I am called that in Equestria.’ Ok Dark, nice to finally know your name…

“Oh, he never got to that, though he did shake the earth pretty bad.” You shook the earth? ‘I needed to show them my power and besides that was only like 1% of my power at most and that’s when I have the seal.’ Seal? ‘You don’t need to know that.’

“I should have guessed he would do something like that, though I am glad he didn’t hurt anypony. Oh hi Celestia was it? I don’t think we have introduced yet.”

“It’s nice to meet you too Dave, what are you though?” I sigh.

“Twilight, can you tell her about my situation later? I am getting bored of saying the same thing again and again and again.”

“Sure I can do that, what I want to know is why you hid those voices in your head? Or should I say Dark and Pure.”

“You know, I never got their names until just now, and I didn’t want to tell you about them because I thought you would think I’m crazy. I am sorry I didn’t tell you but it would be pretty weird to talk about this. I know I just had a nap, how I got there I have no idea but I am still tired.” ‘Oh that was me.’ You made me take a nap? ‘Yeah, because stuff.’ Oh ok, I understand, NOT REALLY. But I know that you don’t make sense so I won’t mention it. ‘That’s good.’ “Though they haven’t done anything bad yet, all I know they have done is save my life.”

“We know that, it’s still weird.”

“I am sorry if we got to meet each other in the wrong way Dave, but I see that you are no threat. I hope to get your acquaintance sometime.”

“That’s sound very good Princess, now would you mind? I am really tired.”

“I don’t mind at all.” I bow and the motion Dash to follow me and we fly back to her place. We arrive at the porch to her house, and it’s now the questions begin.

“Why haven’t you told me anything? I know why you didn’t tell me but it’s still really annoying.” ‘Annoying? You know what’s annoying? Your voice!’ Ey! Shut up!

“That’s my point, if I told you then you would be thinking I’m insane and I don’t want that.” She giggles a bit. “What’s so funny? I don’t get it?”

“The funny part is that Twilight could have checked you and we would see that you are not insane.” She can do that? ‘Magic can do a lot my friend.’ That’s true, it’s still weird.

“Yeah, yeah whatever now I’m going to sleep on the cloud again.” I walk over to my usual place by the couch.

“Why don’t you join me?” My wings shoot to attention. GOD DAMNIT WINGS! ‘You are so owned, though I know you want it.’ Well, yes but I never thought it would happen this fast you know? ‘I know what you are talking about you pervert now get over there and sleep.' “I will take that as a yes, I will be waiting.” She then wiggles her GOD DAMN BEAUTIFUL FLANK before she heads into her room. God damn that pony is hot. ‘AHEM pervert AHEM.’ Oh please just shut your face. ‘That is an impossible feat, and you know it.’ Whatever just be silent, you are really annoying. But before I do anything, let’s write a letter to Xenos. ‘Yeah, yeah, I promise to send it as well, just because.’ Good because you owe me still for that. ‘Stop it you!’ I walk over to the nearest table and take a quill and paper, why does RD have this stuff? I have no idea, anyway.

Dear Xenos.

I have not written earlier because I have been unconscious for almost a week because I crashed into RD while we were having a race. So that was irritating, but it was good to know that I saved her life in that fall, she also stayed by my side the whole time in the hospital.

Besides that, she kissed me for the first time as well, but only on the cheek though, maybe soon for the rest…

And we also had a date, we watched a Wonderbolts show from the VIP-Booth, I paid of course and I must say those tickets are really expensive. There was one thing that stood out a lot there, and that was that my friend had sent in a song that we heard during the competition and a bit before. Good for him.

I have nothing else to say except that I am happy to be home and I hope you get together with Twilight soon.

Your human friend,
Dave

Done, can you send it now? ‘Will do!’ The letter then lit up in a weird black smoke. Are you sure it got there? ‘I’m sure.’ Good.

I walk into RD’s room and I see her lying like she wants to be the small spoon, sure I can go with that, I walk over to the bed and do the expected right? I make myself the big spoon and we simply sleep like that. ‘But I thought you wanted action?’ When she’s ready, it’s completely her choice. ‘Whatever, you’re boring.’ That reminds me, I should probably start saving for money to get a house of my own, and I don’t want to be a burden. ‘Think of how you are sleeping, I don’t think she thinks that you are a burden.’ I know but I am still feeling bad about it. ‘It’s your choice I won’t stop you, but you are such a dumbass, you know that right?’ You know we haven’t even kissed mouth to muzzle (is that the right term?) yet, but she still let’s this happen, I don’t know exactly what to believe actually. ‘Yeah, yeah, now go to sleep and I will see you on Monday you retard.’ See you later as well retarded spirit with unlimited power. ‘UNLIMITED PAAAAWWWAAHHHHH!!!’ Did you have to do that? ‘You made it so open, so of course I did.’ Ok, that’s enough, goodnight. ‘Don’t let the bed-bugs bite.’ Shut up. I fall asleep in the best position ever!!!


"Revelat... OH sorry, wrong place. This was a revealing chapter right? I am wondering something though, i aske about if any of you wanted a Q&A and only 2 people has answeared, you know who you are. What i want to know is, do you huys want that? It would be ask the characters or me kind of thing."