• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 4,155 Views, 263 Comments

What are the odds? - HikariToYami



Follow Dave as he gets teleported into Equestria and tries to cope with life there.

  • ...
18
 263
 4,155

Back home unharmed?

"Uhm hi? I guess i have nothing to say here so let's go!"





---------------------------------------Location: Unknown-----------------------------------------

The black being sat in his chair reading his book (He likes books? Who knew?). He gets interrupted as a bright white light engulfs the room. “Wait, you are early. What happened?”

“Nothing much, except for the fact that he almost got KILLED!” The white one got a really angry and irritated look on his face.

“And how did he almost die?” (I’m going back to calling them Black and White for the sake of easiness.) Black got a really confused look on his face.

“He was fighting that god damn Rayquaza you created, but I have to wonder: Why a Rayquaza?”

“Firstly: I made a Rayquaza for shits and giggles and secondly: How the fuck did he even get to that cave? I thought I hid it pretty well.”

“He was just wandering the forest because he got chased out of the city by Twilight. And will you stop with the Celestia damned references?” He was starting to calm down. “Something even worse is that he got the disc because I had to kill that fucking dragon because you know Dave must NOT die just yet.”

“Chillax White, we both know that now that he has gotten that disc he is going to be pretty tough. And you killed my Rayquaza? Well I guess that would make sense because Dave can’t kill something like that.” He leaned back into his chair. “So I thank you for that. And yes I know he is important so it’s good you saved him. But there are two questions left the first is: Was he there alone?”

“Rainbow Dash and Nova just found him in fact and I know that Pinkie and Aj is also in the cave.”

Black got a serious look on his face. “Now for my final question: Has he gotten mutated yet?”

“Oh yes, but nopony has noticed it yet.”



----------------------------------------P.O.V. Change to Dave------------------------------------

I am so happy that I am finally able to get out of this cave FINALLY! But seriously I am having trouble breathing. We keep running until we reach the crossroads and both Rainbow and Alex stops.

“EVERYPONY THAT IS IN HERE, WE FOUND DAVE SO WE ARE GOING OUT AND YOU ARE FREE TO FOLLOW US!” Rainbow Yells at the top of her lungs. And we start running left (out) towards the exit.

We arrive at the caves mouth to see Rarity and Twilight just standing there. “DAVE!” They both yell.

“Now what happened to your clothes?” Guess who? Wait what has happened to my clothes? OH! I only have something that looks like shorts (Broken pants).

“He was fighting this really big dragon and killed it.” Alex says with a tint of indifference. “Now before we do anything else, I need to talk with Dave realy quick.” I wonder what he wants. Rainbow facehoofs.

“Why do you need to talk to him again so soon?” What does she mean by that?

“I just do, Dave follow me!” Alright then. We start walking off towards a little clearing.

“Now what do you want Alex?” And why does he look so serious?

“Dave, I know that you were not the one who killed that dragon, how do I know this? Your brain talked to me.” Where is my brain anyway? Are you there? No? FREE THINKING YEEEAH! “But I think we should keep it a secret to everypony because nopony knows about those two.”

“I agree with you on that. Was that all?” He nods and we start walking towards everypony and we see that Applejack and Pinkie has come out from the cave. “Now should we get back to Ponyville?” Before anything, Twilight starts hugging me. “What are you doing Twilight?” she starts to sob.

“I am so sorry for being so angry at you before, because if I had listened to you, which I couldn’t do because you ran away, but I am still sorry.”

“I forgive you Twilight, now can you let go of me?” She let’s go and stumble backwards.

“Oh sorry about that.” She starts to clean her eyes.

“Twilight its fine, now let’s go!” And we all start trotting(I walk) off towards Ponyville.



A LOOONG walk later:


“What time is it? It has been dark for awhile now and I am getting tired.” Twilight looks up at me and say.

“It’s 11pm so yeah it is kind of late.” Really? That was a really long day.

“Long day.”

“Dave there is one thing that has been bothering me: Since I got Shooting Star to take care of now so I don’t know if you can stay at my place anymore.” Where do sleep then?

“I could take him in.” RAINBOW!? “He does in fact still have that cloud-spell that you cast on him and it would be no problem for me.”

“Sounds fine to me.”

“Are you sure? He would not be able to stay there long because the spell will fade away.” It’s fine Twilight.

“We will just have to figure that out when we get there.” Yup that’s future Dave’s problem.

“If that’s what you want.” Twilight turns towards Rainbow and wink. Did she think I didn’t see that? I wonder what she meant. Rainbow just nods back.

“Now Dave should we get going?” I get to go flying again, YAY!

“Sure!” I jump on her back and we fly off towards her house.

We arrive a bit later on the cloud that is her house. She opens her door and walk in. OMG DAT FLANK! I try talk walk in but get stuck. “Eh, Rainbow I can’t get in.” She looks towards me and gets a really surprised look on her face.

“Y-y-y-you have got w-w-w-w-wings!” WHAT!? *Missed me?* GO AWAY! *Sorry.*


-------------------------------------P.O.V. Change to Alex or Nova----------------------------

Ponyville really is beautiful in the night, so peaceful and quiet but still somehow alive. There is some kind of aura that just makes the whole place enjoyable. Alex looks up and the sky while trotting with Rarity towards the boutique just to see the constellations. There are a lot of them and they all have their own share of beautiful, not as beautiful as Rarity but you know what I mean. “Rarity, the sky sure is clear here in Ponyville, I am happy I followed you here.” He smiles at her.

“I am glad you like it Alex, is it ok if I call you Alex? It is your real name after all.”

“Well it’s ok, but nopony really know that just yet. So for now let’s just keep to Nova alright?” She nods at him.

“Sounds fine.” She looks at the sky. “You are right on one point, the sky sure is beautiful in the night, we have Luna to thank for that.” Oh yes, Luna my favorite princess of course, FOR THE LUNAR REPUBLIC!

“Indeed we do, but its beauty can’t match yours.” He smiles. She blushes and turns her head the other way.

“You are just saying that, thank you. That means a lot to me dear.” She really looks beautiful in the night.

“I am not just saying that and you know it. You are undoubtedly the most beautiful mare I have ever seen.” Her face turns crimson. I just make a smile.

“You are so direct Nova. That is something I like about you. You are one of the better and more handsome stallions I have ever met.” Now it’s my turn to blush.

“Thank you Rarity.” I walk straight into the door of carousel boutique. “Ouch, that hurt.”

She looks at me with a worried look and says: “Oh my, are you ok Nova?” She adapts fast doesn’t she?

“I’m fine Rare, no problem I should really have looked in front of me.” She opens the door and we walk in. “That was quite a day, wasn’t it? Starting with me waking up in a tree then muffins appeared everywhere and stopping with us saving Dave, quite a day if I say so myself.” We both chuckle a bit.

“This morning certainly was something Unusual.” She yawns. “I am getting really tired from all the walking, but I really need to clean myself first.” Wet mane Rarity? I have got to see this. “You also look really tired, you should really get some sleep, considering what happened yesterday and all happenings today.” I frown a bit but do my best to hide it.

“Yeah I really am tired; I guess I will just hit the sack. See you tomorrow Rarity.” She smiles and says.

“See you tomorrow, goodnight.” I walk off towards my room and I can hear the shower starting. I SO wish I could she her mane when she gets out though, but that sadly won’t happen. I tuck myself into the bed and start thinking to myself, like you always do when you are about to sleep, at least I do.

Hmm, I really need to start doing something music related, it being my cutie mark and all. Maybe I can ask Rarity or Twilight to isolate the outside from sounds from this room? That would be great, but I also need equipment, I have to check the prices tomorrow though. As I am thinking to myself I hear the door to my room opening, knowing it was probably Rarity checking on me I decided to play sleeping. But she start’s trotting towards me and stop at my bed. What is she doing? “Peck” She k-k-k-kissed me? BEST DAY EVER!



--------------------------------------P.O.V. Change to Twilight----------------------------------

I open the door to my library and yawn. “Fluttershy you can go home now.” No answer. Now I am getting worried. Not seeing either Star or Fluttershy in the main room of the library I start to panic. “I hope nothing has happened.” I rush up the stairs to Star’s room; I open the door really quietly and peek inside. That is really adorable. I see Star sleeping in his bed and Fluttershy sitting by the bed with her head leaning on it sleeping. “I should really get her something more comfortable, considering she took care of Star for me.” I whisper to myself for reasons unknown even to me. I walk to the closet and using my magic to pull out a mattress and the necessities when sleeping. I Gather it all in Star’s room and make the bed as quietly as possible. When I am done with that I Levitate Fluttershy unto the mattress and Tuck her. “Thank you Fluttershy.” I whisper. I walk towards Star and kiss him on the forehead. “Sleep well Star, have wonderful dreams now.”

I yawn again. Wow I really am getting tired; I should be getting to bed. I walk into my room to see that Spike is already sleeping in his basket, I almost forgot about him for awhile there, at least he’s ok. I walk over to my bed and lay down. Almost immediately I fall asleep.



------------------------------------P.O.V. Change to Dave----------------------------------------

“You say I have wings but that is just re…” I look behind me and see a pair of really big white-feathered wings, kind of like angel wings. “OH MY GOD I HAVE WINGS! I can’t believe this, how did this happen? OH yeah forgot Iron said that.”

“Said what? Dave I don’t understand, you aren’t supposed to have wings are you? But they do look really awesome.” Thank you Rainbow.

“Well he kind of warned me about the pink smoke in that cave could make a pony or in this case human mutate, I guess I got off easy considering what could have happened.” *It would be hilarious to see you with an extra leg here and there.* Fun? Yes, useful? NO. *Party-pooper.*

“You are saying I could mutate as well?” I hope not. She looks worried.

“I was exposed to it for a longer time than you, so if you were to mutate then it would be something really minor.” She looks a bit more relaxed when I said that, how quaint.

“That would make sense. I just hope it doesn’t mess anything up. It would be really bad if my wings got bad. That would make me useless.” She frowns like a sour apple (Problem?)

“You are never useless, NEVER say you are useless. But I think it’s something like a slightly larger tail or something like that. AND I STILL CAN’T BELIEVE I HAVE WINGS!!!” That is kind of amazing. *You could carry yourself for a change!* What are you trying to say here? *That you are a lazy idiot.* Lazy, yes. Idiot, no.

“Thanks, that makes me feel better you know.” She smiles slightly. “I just remembered something.” She made a really curious face.

“What would that be?”

“I remembered that if you were to stay here I would have to carry you every day and you would eventually fall off. But with those wings we can change that.”

“I had completely forgotten about that fact, I guess it was just a thing in the moment right? I am also happy that you don’t need to carry me anymore, there are two problems left though. The first is that I need to learn how to fly.” I fall silent.

“And what is the second?” She asks curiously.

“How do I get through this door? I can’t get my wings down!” She bursts into laughter. I just give a dumbfounded look. What is she laughing at? *Dude, you are having a wing-boner.* Huh I am? That makes sense because DAT FLANK. GAH stop thinking like that, she’s a pony Dave! *So what? If you just try, it would work.* MHM. “You do know I can’t control that.” She stands up again.

“It’s still hilarious.” For some reason her wings shoot up. Now it’s my time to fall to the floor laughing. She blushes really deeply. “Ahem, let’s try and get you into the house shall we?” What do you think about Wing Bash? *What is that supposed to be?* Wing boner + Rainbow Dash right? *Probably better with Rainwing Bash.* Instant take!

“Sure thing Rainwing Bash.” She looks at me weirdly.

“What are you trying to say?”

“You don’t understand?” She shakes her head. “Think of what just happened mixed with your name.”

“Oooh that’s what it was! Bad pun Dave.” I smile really badly. She just looks at me.

“What? You know I made it bad with my own will right?” *Sure you did, I MADE IT FOR YOU, JERK.* Whatever man, not like you can do anything.

“It was REALLY bad Dave, but you can come in now.”

I look behind me to see that MY WINGS! (I still can’t believe it!) Have rested themselves against my back. “I guess you are right.” I Yawn. “I really am tired. Probably from all the fighting and stuff.”

She looks at me with a really comfortable face. “You can take my bed, I will just go grab a cloud and sleep on that. Since I know how much you like that bed.” But it was comfortable! *Be a gentleman here!* I know I know geesh.

“You should take your own bed, it is YOUR bed after all and I can sleep on the floor just fine. Anything is better than the bed in Twilight’s house. That thing was horrible!” She looks away.

“I’m fine really, just take my bed, I will be fine.” I will not stand for this.

“You have taken me in, you don’t need to anything else. I will be fine on the floor, seriously!” I walk to the living room and lay down and I try to sleep. I hear her mumble something, she then closes the door to what I think is her room. *You don’t remember?* I have shut my eyes or did you forget that? *Oh yeah. Sorry, continue.* I Fall asleep a couple of minutes later only to be woken up by a really loud bag.

“OH my god what was that!?” *Probably just some thunder.* I read the papers, there is not supposed to be a storm today. *Then that is kind of odd yes. I still think it’s the sound of thunder.* Probably, it still creeps me out. I Hear a door open really quickly and Dash flies into the couch I sleep besides and fall onto me. “Eh, what are you doing Dash?” I she her face turns red as she is lying on top of me.

“I Kind of got scared of that thunder, considering that there is not supposed to be any today.”

“I felt the exact same way.”

“Would you mind if I slept here with you? I get jumpy after getting scared.” I Make one of the most unbelievable faces. She wants to sleep with me? The fuck is this? I thought I would be the one to act first. *Well she acted first.* Guess so.

I blush. “Eh I don’t mind really, but could you please get of my stomach?” She looks to me and blushed.

“Oh sorry.” She gets off and lies right next to me and places her head against my shoulder. “It’s more comfortable this way, I hope you don’t mind.” MIND? Why would I mind this? BEST DAY EVER!

“I don’t mind, just try to get comfortable.” She smiles slightly, how do I see it? Figure that out yourself. “Goodnight Rainbow.”

“Goodnight Dave.”

Just to make a mental list of all the things that happened today. I woke up on a cloud and saw a mammoth drooling shampoo and had lollipop tusks, what happened to that? I later met Pinkie shooting the ice cream Gatling gun and somehow Derpy got a hold of a button that made a muffin missile. I then went to Twilight’s library and she chased me out of town. I got to a cave with some pink smoke and fought some Rayquaza babies, I found a pony who turned out to be Rayquaza, and I dug some moonstone. I Fought the Mommy Rayquaza and lost but the guy in my mind took over and somehow healed me and killed the thing. *In an epic way, might I add.* Then Dash and Alex found me and we went back to Ponyville. Wait what happened to my saddlebag with all of the moonstone and the disc? *Pinkie took them.* Why would she do that? *Because you forgot them when we flew off to Dashes house.* Oh? OK. How come nopony noticed I had wings when we came out of the cave then? *How the fuck should I know? Maybe they didn’t look or maybe they never noticed* Hmm would make sense but it’s still weird. Let’s continue the list shall we? I got invited to stay at Dashes house and when we got there we noticed I had grown wings and the day ends with Dash sleeping next to me. *Pretty much.* I have only one thing to say about this day. *What is that?* This was unquestionably the BEST DAY EVER. And after I made the list I fell asleep almost instantly.



"Well as you probably noticed i made the guy in daves mind talk in Bold Text, i had a complaint about that so i hope this helps :) Oh and don't forget, if you have any questions of any kind and i mean ANY kind feel free to send them my way :) "