• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 4,155 Views, 263 Comments

What are the odds? - HikariToYami



Follow Dave as he gets teleported into Equestria and tries to cope with life there.

  • ...
18
 263
 4,155

Beware...

"I AM BACK, HOLY SHIT THAT TOOK A LONG TIME!!! but I hope this makes up for it!"




Twilight suddenly opened her eyes and looked at me, and backed away really slowly. She suddenly stopped and got a very scared look on her face. She then started screaming for some seconds before she collapsed.

“Well that was anti-climactic.” I deadpanned and Rainbow nodded. ‘How did she take it? I didn’t get to see her reaction, oh please tell me it was good.’ What did you show her? She fainted for Celestia’s sake. ‘She collapsed? Only that? Well that’s a disappointment to say the least. Oh and I showed her SAW.’ Why? ‘Well it was that or Rule34 or leaving, and you know Twilight, she would never leave.’ True, but why didn’t you give her another not so cold option? ‘Dave, think about who you are talking to right now.’ ...Right.

“What did he do?” Rainbow asked curiously.

“He showed her something I don’t want anypony to see, and I’m really sorry Twilight. He’s a jerk but we can’t do anything about it really.” ‘Exactly, I’m more overpowered than Celestia but I’m not allowed to do anything ridiculous, because Pure would kill me, that bastard…’ He’s at least on our side, protecting us from you. ‘I will have you know that I’m actually not against you, I’m just me and that’s it.’ Okay then.

I picked Twilight up from where she had collapsed and flew her up to her room and put her in bed.

“I still hate Dark.” Rainbow Dash stated very clearly.

“I know, I hate him too.” ‘BUT I LOVE YOUUUUUUUU!’ Shut up.


---


Meanwhile in a location not specified:

A blue box started appearing out of nowhere making very weird sounds (The breaks were not turned off). The box had materialized completely and the door opened.

From the box came two ponies, a brown earth pony stallion with a cutie mark that looked like an hourglass. The other pony was a grey Pegasus mare with a blond mane; she had single lazy eye and stumbled as she walked outside the box.

“Ditzy, are you ok?” The stallion asked the Pegasus named ‘Ditzy’.

“I’m fine Doctor don’t worry about me.” The ‘Doctor’ nodded and locked the door to his blue box.

“Let’s vamoose and see why the TARDIS brought us here. Allons-y!” The stallion shouted as he started walking towards what seemed to be a mountain.

“Wait for me!” Ditzy shouted and then she fell… Again.

“Oh sorry, you know how I get around new things and this one is sure to get good.” He said as he helped the Pegasus stand up once again. As Ditzy stood up again she shook her head trying to clear her head of dizziness.

“Thanks… Let’s go into this place then? It’s going to be fun as it always is around you.” Both of them shared a laugh as they started to trot off towards the mountain.


They walked for a while when they got stopped by a voice. “OY! What are you doing here? This is the archeology site of DDE. Visitors are not allowed.” A unicorn shouted. The Doctor showed him a paper saying he’s a high officer of the DDE cooperation.

“I’m new, but don’t worry about that, now what are you doing here again? And silly me forgetting things, what did DDE stand for again?” The Doctor asked as the unicorn led them towards the camp some ponies had established.

“DDE stands for ‘Daring’s Daring Expeditions’.” The Doctor looked at Ditzy and they both tried to hold in the giggles of the ridiculous name of the cooperation. “We got an anonymous tip that an explosion happened here, so Daring Do herself decided that this was something of interest.” The Doctor got a curious look on his face.

“Explosion? What kind of explosion and when exactly did this happen?” The Doctor continue to think about what it could mean and Ditzy just continued to walk.

“The tip arrived a week ago and the explosion was said to have happened about two weeks ago. We just found the location itself actually and it revealed a cave. They are about to send a team into the cave lead by the the C.E.O. herself, DARING DO! Everypony admires the boss since she has discovered all those things herself and yes the books are in fact very real.” The Doctor and Ditzy looked at each other with equally shocked expressions.

“The boss is Daring Do? This is so cool!” Squealed Ditzy.

“Calm down Ditzy, don’t get too excited. We are here to observe remember? Though I very much would like to meet the ‘boss’, she seems nice.” The doctor pointed out.

The ponies arrived at the camp and nopony greeted them it was almost as if it had been abandoned. “Rats, they left without me. Guess we will have to run, follow me fellow employees.” The unicorn shouted as he started to run off towards the mountain.

“Doctor, should we follow him? He seems a bit off.” Ditzy said while tilting her head to the site.

“He’s fine, no need to worry your little head Ditzy, I’m here remembering? Nothing could possibly go wrong.” Unluckily for the Doctor, Murphy’s Law exists.


---


The Ponies arrived at an entrance into the mountain, the cave itself was fully lit up with light.

“They put up lights? Good, now we can catch up to them much faster!” The unicorn exclaimed as he rushed away from the pair.

The doctor looked around the tunnel and found something on the wall. “Ditzy, come and look at this.” The Doctor motioned for the Pegasus to look at some kind of text.

“It’s some kind of text; there is nothing wrong with text right?” Ditzy asked.

“Can you read it?” The Doctor asked and Ditzy simply shook her head. “Exactly, we can’t read it; the TARDIS usually translates texts from the known universe.” Ditzy gasped. “Yes, this mean this place is not normal, what is even weirder is that this place exists in Equestria of all places. Whatever this place is, it had to be in Equestria. I wonder how old this place is though.” The Doctor stated as he left the text and started to trot further into the cave. Ditzy quickly noticed this and flew to his side.

Wind blew through the tunnel sounding like a whisper, unable to decipher it; the Doctor simply ignored it as wind. The tunnel got darker as they went further in. The Doctor thought that this was a sign that they were getting closer to the group of ponies supposedly wandering through this cave.

The Doctor stopped in his tracks as he saw something at the edge of his eye. He quickly trotted over to what he had seen and Ditzy followed him. “Now this is very odd.”

“What’s odd? I can see more text.”

“That’s the point, this text is in Gallopfreyan, its another language that I’m the last one to know, but how did it get here and why aren’t this text the same as in the start of the cave? This get’s more and more weird the longer this cave goes on. I can’t salvage a lot from it though, it’s very damaged, but I can get one word out.”

“What that word then Doctor?” Ditzy asked curiously.

“Test, that’s all I can get out. Test, now what do they mean? That could be multiple things, but the word is most definitely Test. What kind of test though? This is so odd.” His ramble was disrupted as a scream came from further into the cave. The Doctor started running further into it with Ditzy close behind him.

The both of them simultaneously shouted. “ALLONS-Y!” As they ran as fast as they possibly could.


---


They arrived at a junction going two ways into the cave. In the middle of the junction they found five ponies but the unicorn they had met from before had disappeared. The Doctor ran into the middle of the group screaming. “SHUT UP! What happened here? And where is that bloody unicorn?” A sand colored Pegasus walked up to him.

“We have no unicorns in this mission only pegasi, so who the hay are you?” The infamous explorer pointed at the Doctor.

“Me? Oh I’m the Doctor.” He simply stated.

“Doctor who?” The Doctor smiled at her and nodded. Daring Do didn’t understand what this meant so she shook it off.

“Exactly, now where did that scream come from? I heard a scream coming from here.” A small purple Pegasus mare stepped up to him.

“Doctor sir, that was me… I saw a spider.” The Doctor rolled his eyes.

“Don’t call me sir, I don’t want that and secondly you have arachnophobia? What the hay are you doing here then?” She mumbled something incomprehensible so he continued. “And you!” He pointed at Daring. “Why did you even decide to come here? Yes, yes I know all about you Daring Do, but that doesn’t mean you should be here. This place is old, very old. And I would advise you to walk out of this cave right now and from the look on your face you won’t.” Daring Do got a stern look and nodded. She looked behind her at her men and she noticed that they had all started running off towards the entrance. Her jaw dropped.

“Cowards…” She mumbled to herself.

“Calm down explorer, I’m here and I’m not going so… WAIT! What’s that!?” He exclaimed as he ran towards the walls once again. “No… This is fresh but how does he know… And who is he? Unless… Can’t be.” He mumbled to himself.

Ditzy and Daring Do ran up to him and Ditzy asked. “Doctor what’s wrong?” He pointed towards even more text. “More Gallopfreyan? Is it cleaner?” She asked him.

“That’s the extremely scary part, it’s at the most a day old, and it’s specifically addressed to me.” Both mares motioned for him to continue. “I shall read the message then:

Dear Doctor, yes I do in fact know your language, you might know who I am. But trust me when I say this, I’m not a dark soul. I’m the lightest light, admittedly a bit mad, but who isn’t these days? Oh now to the point of this message. You and your two friends have entered my testing facility, wait no scratch that. This is the containment facility for my experiments, so do look out for anything not pony. And don’t go down the left path, you will just fall into lava, I saved your life just now, aren’t you happy? Oh and when you finished this message the first time let’s just say you can’t go back the same way. Oh and the ponies who ran away, well they got out, I’m not heartless. CIAO!

That has to be one of the weirdest things to have happened to me yet. I think I know who he is, but I can’t be sure. Let’s go down the right path then shall we? This place must be razed to the ground if what he said is true.” The mares jaw had since long dropped to the ground. The Doctor started running off towards the right passage. The mares shook their head and took to the air and flew after him.


---


After running for an uncountable number of minutes they appeared at a door, a metal door.

“Now what is this doing here? Though if the man I think created this did create it, then, I can understand what it’s doing here. Let’s open it!” He reached for the doorknob and it just opened. No traps, no difficulty, it just opened without any trouble. He stepped inside and heard a click and a sound started.

“Welcome to the Pure Containment facility, subject 345 and subject 1000 are not present in their cells. Their location is unknown.” A womanly robotic voice said, and when the voice stopped so did the sounds.

“I guess we have to watch out for those then. What’s with the long face explorer?”

“You two are acting like these thing are a normal everyday occurrence and that this place is not too much out of the ordinary.” Daring Do exclaimed straight into the face of the doctor.

“It is normal for we are time travelers, and no you can’t come with us. Doctor, do you remember when we placed the Sapphire Statue in the temple? The locals were very inclined that you did that.” Daring Do’s face went into further shock.

“Hah yes, they said that only I could do it, true but I had to regenerate since my hearts got penetrated by a single arrow, but it’s all good.”

“Hearts? As in two?” The Doctor nodded. “And time travelers?” Now it was Ditzy’s time to nod. “Okay, I’m willing to believe that since that text back there talked about us, but I still think I’m crazy right now.” The Doctor opened another door. The robotic voice activated once again.

“Welcome to the containment center for the least dangerous subjects the numbers are 1 to 100. Most of the cells are locked due to lockdown, but the vision into cells 33 and 55 are still open.”

“Let’s go check them out!” The Doctor said very giddily and began to bounce through the corridor. The two mares looked at each other and nodded then they followed the stallion.

The Doctor stopped at a window, the mares looked into the cell and saw something brown but they couldn’t really make out what it was. But the Doctor wasn’t looking into the cell he was looking at a small paper with text. “What does it say?” Ditzy asked.

“Subject: 33 or Zergling, Status: Deceased, Success: Yes Original species: Changeling… NO! THAT BASTARD! He experimented on living beings! Does he have no respect for nature? That thing in there is dead, but it was originally a changeling. I’m almost certain of who created this disgusting place now… C’mon we need to get out of here.” The group continued as they found another open cell. Inside they found what looked like a statue, but it was a pony with a suit and a completely white face. “What’s this then? Subject: 55 or Slendermane, Status: Inactive, Success: Yes Original species: Pony… He created Slendermane? WHY!? Thank god it’s inactive then, who is this crazy thing? And why is Slendermane in the least dangerous block? This is so, so WRONG! Let’s vamoose!” He started running through the corridor knowing that there were no more open cells. The mares simply followed him.

They soon arrived at another door which the Doctor very quickly opened, and the voice once again started. “Welcome to the containment center for weak but not weakest subjects numbered 101 to 200. The only open cells are 107, 137 and 199…” The sounds stopped again.

“That was a weird voiceover.” The Doctor duly noted. They all started to slowly trot through the corridor. After a very short walk they appeared at yet another open cell, what they saw in the cell jumped at the glass as it saw them but got pushed back. The Doctor walked over to the paper for this cell. “Okay. Subject: 107 or Spawnling, Status: Alive and active, Success: No, the spawning capacity was never completed, Original species: Diamond Dog, Additional comments: The Spawnling was to be used to create an army of subject 33 but due to DNA issues they all died at birth… This place gets sicker and sicker the further we go…” The doctor’s eyes twitched as the ‘Spawnling’ jumped at the glass again.

The group arrived at another cell yet again. What they saw was really unclear due to the fact that the creature or whatever it was hid in the shadows unable to be seen. “What’s this one then? Subject: 137 or Shadow Brute, Status: Alive and active, Success: Flawless, Original species: Gryphon, Additional comments: The Shadow Brute’s ability is to hide in the shadows and attack groups of ponies instantly killing them all. That one is very creepy… What do you girls think about all this? I’m not quite sure what to make of it.” He looked towards the two mares and they looked at each other and hugged. “I guess that is a good enough answer, let’s get out of here!” He yelled and started running even more into the corridor.

Once again they arrived at another cell. “I hope this one is a bit better, but seeing as how this place is insane then I have my doubts: This cell has been shrinked to fit this small space due to the creature residing in it. Subject: 199 or The Breath of Death, Status: Deceased, Success: No, Original species: Dragon… This one seems suspiciously weird, a dragon and all, but how come we can’t see it?”

“Maybe because it’s dead?”

“Ditzy you are brilliant, that’s why I like you! Onto out!” He yelled as he opened the door to the next section. And the voice started once again.

“Welcome to the containment for the Ghosts of souls numbered 201 to 300, there are no open cells… WARNING: Subject 345 is breaking though to the Ghosts of souls block, warning, warning.”

“Well crap, this is not good, not good at all…” The sounds of a foal crying filled the corridor. “Don’t listen, I think it’s the monster trying to trick us.”

“How can you be sure?” The Doctor gave Ditzy a clear look that told her to shut the hay up and trust him, she simply nodded.

They slowly trotted through the corridor and the crying continued but they saw nothing until they heard a very loud shriek. All of them jumped backed off and then they saw a pile of towels lying on the ground. They all walked over to it and lifted one of the towels and underneath it laid one of the cutest newborn colts ever. The Doctor fell back on his rump. “No no no no no no no no no no no no! KILL IT NOW!!!” He screamed as he picked the baby up and threw it back where they came from, killing it instantly.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? YOU KILLED AND INNOCENT COLT!?” Both of the mare screamed at him.

“CALM DOWN! REMEMBER WHERE WE ARE!? EXACTLY! THAT WAS ONE OF THEM! And I have met that one before; it killed an entire village before I was able to stop it. It disguises itself as a small foal trying to look cute and before you know it, BAM! You die, so calm down and let’s get out of here.”


---


The company started to walk through the rest of the corridors but there were no more open cells open to them, that is, until they came to the block containing the numbers 901 to 999. The open cell was numbered 987 and they were just about to get there.

“Seems like there’s not much left then, now let’s read this one coming up!” The Doctor exclaimed as they appeared at the cell.

The group looked inside and what they found was not what they had expected, it was a simple fruit, but they knew better than that, it looked like a weird match between a banana, an apple and a grapefruit.

The Doctor started to read the paper associated to this fruit. “Subject: 987 or the Fruit of Immortality and more, Status: Fully matured, Success: Perfect, Original fruits: Strawberry… What? Strawberry? That doesn’t look anything like a strawberry, I guess that’s what mutation can do…” The Doctor continued to mumble to himself as he continued further into the corridor.

“Ditzy did you hear that? Immortality fruit, think of the money we could earn, I mean I could earn...” Ditzy slapped a hoof against her head.

“Thank you Ditzy. Daring Do, if you were to open that cell and sell that fruit, bad things would happened, to live forever is something we should never bring into this world, I have lived for 903 years and trust me, it’s not fun to be so old, outliving everypony dear to ones heart. So no Miss Do, you may not take that fruit, and if you were going to do so still, then I would have to lock you in this place with the fruit and that would be no fun for you.” The explorer gulped at the neutrality the Doctor had when he stated that. “Now let’s get out of here!” He started running again.

The next time he stopped he opened yet another door, what he hoped to be that last, the voice started again. “I dare you to go into the next room, be prepared for subject 1000.” Was all it said before disappearing again.

They walked into the next room and found it to be very round, there was a sign that said ‘Waiting room’ and right next to it was the paper for subject 1000.

“Ok what’s this then: In the next room is the most dangerous creature in this entire facility. Subject: 1000 or The Devil, Status: Immortal but can be killed, Success: Better than perfect, Original form: Timepony mixed with Gryphon, Changeling, Dragon, Diamond Dog and an Alicorn OC. What does that last one mean? OC, what does that even stand for and how did this guy access an Alicorn? This thing is already scaring me more than anything I have ever encountered. Let’s get to it then!” He said as he reached for the door.

“NOOOO!!!” Daring Do yelled at him. “At the start the voice said that 1000 had excaped!” But the Doctor ignored her and as he opened the door, the entire room filled with a very bright red light and the room filled with a demonic laughter.


---

P.O.V: Alex AKA Nova

Nova was sitting in his room trying to make the songs on his iPod work in the pony style of things when he heard something, A very demonic laugh.

“What was that?” He said as he looked around but he found that he was indeed alone in his room. Did you hear that? *I have no idea what you are talking about, none what so ever, nada, absolutely non. Absolutely impossible.* So you do know what it? *Maybe, but I have to check something so BYE FOR NOW!* He shouted into Nova’s mind and disappeared.

“Gee, what could possibly tick Pure that much? Probably just something, yes I will go with that, something.” He then continued to make music.