• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 4,155 Views, 263 Comments

What are the odds? - HikariToYami



Follow Dave as he gets teleported into Equestria and tries to cope with life there.

  • ...
18
 263
 4,155

Uhm the week?



It’s Friday afternoon now and I have to say this week was a normal one except for two things and I am going to recite them in my own mind. ‘I will help’ Yes I know you will, anyway let’s get this joint going shall we? ‘Heh joint.’ That is funny considering what has happened this week. ‘Eeyup.’ That is quite weird in fact but he’s a nice guy even if he was high but yeah. Well here we go, my week at work:

Monday: Wait I have thing to say here: This day was pretty much work and everypony getting confused about my newfound wings so yeah.

Ah, this cloud is so comfortable. ‘I know right?’ Yup and where did Dash go? ‘I don’t know.’ Yeah, yeah whatever.

I stand up and stretch my entire body and start look around the living room. Hmm. Where is Dash? ‘Oh look a note on that table over there.’ I walk to the table and look on the note it said something like this:

Good morning Dave

When you see this I am probably not in the house, I had to go do something important. You can take what you want from the refrigerator I don’t mind.

R.D.

“That seems fair.” I mumble. Wait! How do I get to the ground? ‘Glide with your wings duh!’ You mean like an angel? ‘Pretty much, even more so since they have white feathers and all that.’ Yeah, though how would I glide with them? ‘I don’t know, try and get a wing-boner when you do it or something.’ That is probably the only way.

Yeah yeah enough with the morning stuff; let’s get to when I got to Iron Forge’s place store thing.

I walk through the door and see Forge working already. “Morning Forge.”

He looks up at me and gets a confused look. “Didn’t you wear more clothes?” That’s what he notices? ‘Apparently.’

“Meh, they got destroyed yesterday.” He looks even more confused.

“Ok then, Take this and do what it says.” He gives me a note with stuff to do, a lot of pots on this list. I walk to the backroom when he yells at me. “Why the hay have you got wings now?”

“Oh, you know I was in that cave yesterday and killed a dragon, you know the usual and I probably got mutated by the pink smoke. Not a bad mutation though.” He grumps.

“So you went there anyway? Then where is the moonstone?” I look back at him.

“Pinkie has them for now, I really want to start working, but it has been nice to chat, so yeah.”


Ok that was pretty much my Monday that conversation a lot of times with different ponies. And I got some flying lessons from RD. So I cloud gently flap my wings after that.


Tuesday: Not much happened here except that I got my moonstone and the disc from pinkie on my way from work. And I got more flying lessons. I could now lift of slightly.

Wednesday: Well hard to explain stuff is here I am going to recite it now:

I walk into the store when I see Forge standing there waiting for something.

“You know you are late right?”

“I am? Sorry about that, but if it’s ok I would want to work on my weapon today, I have the moonstone and stuff.” I take up the disc from the saddlebag. “Have you any idea what this is though?” He walks towards it and takes it, He walks toward some kind of table a seemingly out of nowhere he gets a spyglass. He hums slightly.

“This is something alright.” *I know what its used for.* Then tell me. 'Not now, I want to hear what he has to say about it.' He signals me to look at it. “Do you see that small text?”

“Yeah, but what does it say?” 'I still know this.' Yeah right.

“I am going to make a rough translation: Meld this with a sword and it will get power beyond any magic. Something like that, though probably more epic sounding.” 'He almost got it right. But yeah, you should add that to your sword.' WHAT exactly does it do? 'Magical powers.* The good or bad kind? *The neutral kind.* You know how my blade looks right? 'Yeah so?' You think I should add it there? You know where I am talking about right? 'Perfect spot.'

“I will use it with my sword then.”

“I can’t see the harm in that.”


That was Tuesday, I got a bit more than halfway done with the sword that day (Fun fact: I still got paid for that) And even more flying lessons from RD, I could now fly a bit around. Yes I am learning fast I know.


Thursday: This was probably the weirdest day in my opinion though. ‘Yeah, we met THAT guy.’ Yeah and I finished the sword and I must say it look almost like what it is supposed to be a look alike for. Enough with that, onto the day!


I finish up my sword. Now all I need to know is how do I attach this disc thingamabob. *Let me take over for a sec.* Why? *I can do this in a jiffy* Ok then. I concentrate and I suddenly lose control. “Let’s do this!” Cliché. *So what? Just shut up* I/he Puts the disc in the space it’s supposed to be in and he starts incanting something. “Raak nir toor raum has girch tham lok ghan!” Weird language. The blade starts glowing yellowy. When the glow is gone I feel control coming back to me. Thank you. *Pick it up.* Ok. I pick up the blade and the disc follows I mean it’s floating in air.

Yup that’s my blade and it’s amazing. *That add-on does not hurt it at least.*

That was my blade, pretty cool huh? Oh and now to something random:

I was walking towards Twilight’s library when a grey stallion falls out of nowhere straight into the ground. I rush directly towards him. “Are you okay man?”

He looks at me and laughs. “Dude, why are you walking on two legs? You know ponies are supposed to walk on four legs right?” He wobbly stands up.

“I am not a pony.” Is he high or something? look at his pupils, of course he’s high.* Yup his pupils are dilated to all hell. “My name is Dave.”

“I’m Chill Mists but just call me Chilly ok? And why are you pink all of a sudden?” That was what I heard of his one minute mumble. “Wow how did you get a horn there?” he points at my foot. Uhm what? He’s high* I know that but he is still prey weird. “Did you say your name was Grave? Nice to meet you Grave, but I need to get home, I’m tired.”

“Ok sure, want me to help you?” He just starts to move wobbly away from me. He walks toward a seemingly random tree and lies down besides it. Should we help him? He seems ok, though he is high. *Just help him; it’s the right thing to do.* I guess so. But I don’t know where he lives though. *Go ask the mayor.* Good idea!

I start walking towards the town hall and I walk straight in. “Could I speak to Mayor mare please?”

“She can take you now.” That was fast.

I open the door to her office; she looks up and sees me and smiles. “Hello the Dave, what brings you here?”

“Do you know where a certain Chill Mists live?” She motions me to come to the window.

“He lives in that house.” She says pointing at the house next to the Town-hall. “But why do you need to know this? He is famous for being lazy and he really likes his drugs.”

“He fell of a cloud I would guess and he wobbles around. I thought I would get him home, he seems alright except for the fact that he is high.”

“He can be a hoof full alright. Well good luck Dave.”

“Thanks mayor.” I walk out of her office and out of the town-hall.

I walk back to where I last saw him and he is still lying besides that tree. I really should get him home. I walk over to him.

“You know this is not your house right?”

“Well no, but why walk home when I can sleep here?” I sigh and facepalm.

“Because home is a better place to sleep. Now stand up.” He rolls into a ball. *I am sorry to say this but you have to carry him.* Yeah I guess. I pick him up best I can getting lots of weird looks from ponies. *They don’t understand just ignore them.* I start walking towards the house the mayor told me about. I feel the doorknob. How? I don’t know I just did it ok? Stop asking. And it opens. So he did not lock his door? *Why does he need to? Nopony steals anything in Ponyville.* Yeah but still, I’m not used to it. I Find what I think is the bedroom because there is a bed in here. I put him down on the bed and he was already asleep. Huh I guess he was tired. I then walk outside again.


That was my Thursday, Yeah I hope to get to know that guy better, and he would fit right in with Pinkie, polar opposites and all. ‘I know you bitch, I have a plan for you later.’ Ok? Well yeah oh and I can fly freely after that, though not fast or for more than 20 minutes but that is good enough.

Today has been uneventful actually; the only thing of nice was my payment. Yeah I have seven hour days at the Smith. I get my payment weekly so I got 2625 bits about 30 minutes ago now. So my week has been ok, now I just need to find something to buy with this stuff.

‘Dave.’ Yes? ‘Walk towards that tree.’ Why? ‘I want to show you something.’ Ok then. I walk towards this tree he was talking about and I get sucked into it. ‘Feel pranked, you just got teleported into another dimension, how do you get back? Figure that out yourself. MUAHAHAHAHA. But seriously you are not stuck just teleported into another version of Equestria, We can’t follow you there though. I hope you enjoy it bye!’ Fuck you! I then fall asleep, I think.

I wake up standing on a hill watching Ponyville.

"What did i just do? It's crossover time with this story, so if you want to know what's going on look at his stuff, he is going to release a lead up soon. That's it that's all WHOOP!"