• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 4,155 Views, 263 Comments

What are the odds? - HikariToYami



Follow Dave as he gets teleported into Equestria and tries to cope with life there.

  • ...
18
 263
 4,155

Welcome back!

"Yes Dave is back home! YAY, why ami writing this? I have no idea TO THE STORY!"




--------------------------------------------P.O.V. Nova----------------------------------------------

Saturday morning:

Ah this has been a wonderful week really, but today is the day I ask Dave for a little help on the way to making music. Yeah I have no job but that’s only because of moving and I’m sure Dave would help me if I helped him back sometime, why wouldn’t I help him back? I mean we are best friends after all. I stand off the bed and stretch. *ALEX!* I fly back into the bed. GOD YOU SCARED ME! What do you want? Aren’t you supposed to be with Dave today? *That is the problem, he’s not here.* What do you mean not here? *I mean it as he is not in this dimension.* How did this happen? *I have one guess, but nah that’s probably not it. I was really just here to tell you that I am looking for him as we speak, and if someone asks tell them all of it. Next time I come back I will have found him.* Oh ok, I hope you get him back soon. *Yeah me too, I just hope he doesn’t die.* That would be bad.


--------------------------------------P.O.V. Change to Dave--------------------------------------

Saturday evening:

We all release from the hug except for Dash, I smile. “Yeah, it really is good to be back.” I notice Fluttershy in the corner of my eye, WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE!? I really need to talk to her about that. “Fluttershy I need to talk to you about something, would you mind following me?” She nods. “Don’t worry everypony I won’t disappear this time I promise.” Everypony pony laughs a bit. “and Dash would you please let go of me?” She releases from the hug and scratch her head.

“Heh, sorry I just missed you is all.”

“Yeah I missed you too.” I smile and then walk off with Fluttershy into another room.

“Fluttershy I need to talk to you about the party last week.” She whimpers. “I promise not to be mad; I just want to know why.” Why did she have to make that plan?

“I wanted you to like me…” THAT WAS WHAT YOU WERE TRYING TO DO!? Uh ok weird way to do it but ok…

“Yeah, but you did embarrass yourself as well as me, so you must know that, THAT will never happen.” She looks into the floor and starts to hoof it.

“I’m so sorry Dave, can we at least be friends?”

“Of course we can, I just wanted to make sure you really were sorry for what you did.” I then kneel down and give her a hug. “Now what do you say we go out again?” She nods and I release the hug and we walk back out. “OH, sorry I just needed to clear up something. Wait what are you doing here?” I ask pointing towards Iron Forge.

“I was worried, you are working for me remember?” I Laugh and nod at the feeling of having a nice boss

“Now, Dave where did you get sent off to? I really wanna know.” Of course you do Twilight…

“I got teleported into another Ponyville.” She looks confused.

“Ok, what was the difference?” She asks, everypony listening.

“Nothing much except you had a colt friend.” She blushes, and I laugh. “Oh and Discord was trying to be nice.”

“How do you know about him!?” She asks back.

“They told me duh… And I also did something really stupid, but let’s not talk about that please.” They all just nod, but then Alex steps forth.

“I-I need to talk to you Dave.” Ok…

“Can it wait to tomorrow? I am getting tired but I really want to get back in the flow of this world.” He nods and say.

“Yeah I can wait.”

Pinkie jumps forward. “I totally need to throw you a *WELCOME HOME DAVE FROM VISITING A NEW WORLD PARTY* and it’s gonna be so much fun streamers balloons confetti and all things that is so fun omg this will be so much fun and I really missed you Dave but I knew you would come back because you would not lea-“I stop her by putting my hand over her mouth.

“You don’t need to do that Pinkie, I’m fine and I really just want to rest. So yeah, Rainbow should we go home?” She nods and we walk outside and fly off towards her house. Wait are you in there? *Yeah I have just been silent and letting you have a moment with your friends.* I wish the other guy was that nice… *Yeah he really is a douche.* I have a question about the sword though. *What would that be?* While I was fighting that manticore… Why did I do that? Anyway when I swung my sword at him, every time I hit him I felt like I lost a lot of power, getting really tired and fast, do you know why? *Well yeah. You need to train yourself to use it, it’s a hard technique to use that sword but with me as mentor it should be no problem. When should we start? How about Monday after you have finished working maybe?* Sounds like a plan. *Wunderbar…*

“Dave you never told me you got better at flying while you were gone.” Wait I actually got better at flying in that little time? Ok…

“I haven’t noticed really.”

“Well you can fly faster and straighter than before, and I count that as an improvement.”

“Thanks, I appreciate it, but it would have been impossible to do so fast without the fastest flier in Equestria as mentor.” She makes a cocky smile.

“Yeah I know I am pretty amazing aren’t I?” Oh yes.

“You sure are Dash, you sure are. Oh lookie here, we’re home.” And we land on the cloud. Wait I just remembered something! *What is that?* I got my pay yesterday. So I have money now. *That is great but what are you going to do with them?* Date maybe? *Hmm yeah, I see what you are thinking here.*

I walk inside and then start to talk. “Dash do you have any idea where the next Wonderbolts show is going to be?” She looks at me.

“Well that would be Cloudsdale next weekend, why?” Rainbow Dash it’s obvious!

“Well, since you were talking so much about how great they are I wanted to watch a show with them. On that note, how much does a ticket cost?” I walk over to the couch and cross my legs and make a weird hand motion.

“So that’s what it was… Well the cost depends on the place. Since Cloudsdale is exclusive to the Pegasi, then the cost there would be around 500 bits.” My plan works out perfectly… MUAHAHAHAHHA. *Why are you laughing like a maniac?* I like to overdo things. *Huh? That’s what it was? I would never have guessed.*

“Ok then, Dash next weekend would you want to go with me and watch the Wonderbolts?” Her eyes lift and she looks at me surprised.

“Are you sure you can afford it? It is expensive.” I hope she gets the hint. She looks away.

“Yes, I got my weekly pay and well it’s enough and I will say this just to make sure I actually said it: I will pay for BOTH of us!” She looks at me.

“Like a date?” She ask in a seductive voice. FWOOSH! GOD NABIT! Wings why are you revealing everything? “I take that as a yes. And I would be happy to follow you there.” She winks at me and then trots off to her room.

I just have to make sure here, did she say yes? *Yes.* YEEESSS!!!!! I got them moves like Biscuit. *Did you have to make that?* Well, yes because they are awesome, but not as much as Rainbow. But I think you get what I’m saying. I’m not really tired though, I know I said so to my friends but come on, we both know why. *Rainbow?* How did you guess? But sadly she went to bed. *How do you know? Maybe that wink was a clue.* What would make you say that… Oh. I then continue to blush without anypony seeing it. *You are really easy to do that to, but why don’t you knock on her door just to make sure?* You are starting to sound like that friend who always gives people advice on how to get the girl. *I should know these things considering that I am really old.* You old git. *Nah I may be I don’t know, a couple of billion years old, but I feel like a 20- year old.* Maybe that’s why you two are so annoying? *May be so.* Ok let’s knock on the door then. *Atta boy!*

I walk over to the door DUH and knock on it, and then I hear her yell. “What is it Dave!?” She sounds annoyed.

“Well, I’m not really tired and I don’t know what to do so I thought of something.” I hear her get off the bed.

“And what would that be?” She asks.

“Would you want to fly around a bit? I mean it’s not like you have to or anything.” She opens the door with determination on her face.

“You know I’m always up to flying.” She makes a smug grin. “But I never get a suggestion like that considering that only Fluttershy can fly and well she’s not the best.” I beam.

“So you are saying I’m a better flier than Fluttershy?” *Well somehow you got better at it at least.*

“I would go as far as to say that yes.” YAY I am so happy! *Good for you.* Thanks.

“Should we get going then, Miss Dash?” I ask as I bow before her. She knocks me to the ground in annoyance.

“Stop it Dave, you just look silly doing that.” I Stand up again and scratch my head.

“Geez Rainbow I was only kidding, now should we go?” She nods and we walk outside and we take off. “Now Rainbow, should we have a race? Not that I have any chance of winning but just for fun?” She has her usual cocky grin on her face.

“Sure thing Dave I just hope you can at least keep up.” I am so going to lose this. *Who told you? No really I have no idea.* What? “Where should we start from then?” I stop to float in the air.

“How about here to Sweet apple acres?” She nods and float next to me. “Ok then… ONE… TWO… THREE!” And take off. God she is already 10 meters ahead. I will not let this happen. I flap my wings with all my power getting momentum. YES I AM GAINING IN ON HER. “Sup!” I say as I’m flying next to her.

She say nothing, she just accelerate to a ridiculous speed getting a cone to form. AH HELL NO! I Use all my energy to flap as hard as I can, surprisingly getting up speed and getting closer to her. Oh God I can’t control this speed. I Continue to gain momentum until I fly straight into her and we both lose control and start falling to the ground. OH GOD, this was not supposed to happen. “DASHIE ARE YOU THERE!?” I yell really loudly. Why won’t my wing flap? I get worried as she does not answer, GOD FUCKING DAMNIT! I Grab her and make myself a pillow for her fall. I just hope we can make this. I then close my eyes and prepare for the impact.


"Well there you have it and well a shorter one but I wanted to maek one today, And if you find anything wrong please tell me.


AND YET ANOTHER REMINDER: If you want to send me any kind of question and ANY KIND, you may even give the characters some questions, why am i doing this? I dont know..."