• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 4,155 Views, 263 Comments

What are the odds? - HikariToYami



Follow Dave as he gets teleported into Equestria and tries to cope with life there.

  • ...
18
 263
 4,155

Ready? Fight!

"Hello there guys! New chapter already! This one is a fight and conclusion thing (I think its kind of epic, but that's just me) and stuff. So EnJOY!"





-------------------------------------P.O.V. Change to Pinkie Pie--------------------------------

Footnote: all the ponies in Ponyville worked together to clean away the muffins (Expect for Derpy, she ate them) and they completed the task under an hour (I know that was fast!). Just too clear confusion.

The pink pony was doing her regular chores at sugar cube corner when her whole body started to shake. “A dozy? This can’t be good; I have to make sure everypony is ok.” She then disappeared in a puff of smoke.

She knocks really fast and anxiously at Twilight’s door. Twilight opens the door with a tired look on her face. “Pinkie, what are you doing here? And why do you look so scared?”

“A dozy Twilight, A DOZY! We have to make sure everypony is alright” The purple unicorn knew that this was a bad sign.

“I think it has something to with Dave.”

“What do you mean Twilight? But now that you mention it, I haven’t seen him since the explosion.” Twilight got an awkward look on her face.

“Well I kind of chased him out of Ponyville, because I thought it was him who caused the explosion.”

“You silly-filly, everypony know it was Derpy’s doing.”

“It was?”

“And I helped a bit. But that is not important! We need to make sure everypony is ok! I will go and check Aj and Dashie you take Rarity and Fluttershy ok?”

“Will do Pinkie. Let’s go! And we meet here afterwards if everypony is ok, if so we need to search for Dave.” Twilight gets a really determined look on her face.

“I know that Twilight.” And she was gone from the library again.

She rushed home to sugarcube corner and took her balloon to flight and started moving towards Rainbow Dash’s house. A short balloon ride later she arrived in shouting distance of the house. “DASHIE ARE YOU OK!?”

“WHAT IS IT PINKS? I AM FINE!”

“I HAD A DOZY! WHICH MEAN SOMEPONY IS IN TROUBLE!”

“I AM COMING RIGHT OUT!” As on queue she appeared right in front of Pinkie. “Where do we go first?”

“We are going to Aj’s place since Twilight is taking Rarity and Fluttershy.”

“Sounds like a plan, I will fly you right there.” She takes the ropes to the balloon and put them in her mouth and accelerates towards Sweet Apple Acres.

They close in to the farm to see Applejack working in the orchard. “APPLEJACK WE NEED YOUR HELP! SOMEPONY IS IN TROUBLE!”

“WHAT ARE Y’ALL DOING HERE!? SOMEPONY’S IN TROUBLE? WELL CONSARNIT! WOULD Y’ALL MIND GETTING ME INTO THAT BALLOON O’ YOURS?”

“I WILL GET YOU RIGHT UP.” And she sweeps up the farmer pony unto her back and flies up towards the balloon.

“Now what is all this about some dozy?” Applejack quizzically asks.

“I don’t know! But all I know is that somepony is in trouble.”

“Where do y’all say we go first then?”

“We need to get back to Twilight’s library.”

“Sound like a plan Pinkie.”

“I’m on it; I will get us there ASAP!” She then takes off towards the library in top speed.

Arriving at the library they are all surprised to see Twilight and everypony else already there (That includes Alex). “How did you guys get here so fast?” Rainbow asks with a confused voice?

“Dashie, that’s obvious.”

“What do you mean Pinkie?”

“She used teleportation, duh!”

“I forgot she could do that.”

“Well now that we know that we are all ok, that must mean Dave is in trouble right Pinkie?” Twilight speaks up.

“I guess so Twilight, but that could be really bad considering he is somewhere in the Everfree.”

“Dave is in trouble? And he is in the Everfree somewhere? We need to go save him, he always have a way to get into trouble that guy.” Alex say really worried and then rushes off towards the forest with Rarity close after.

“Should we follow them?” Rainbow asks.

“Sounds like a plan Rainbow, now let’s go girls, but I need to stay here.”

“Now why do you need that?”

“Have you forgotten I am taking care of a foal?”

“Twilight, I can take care of him…If you don’t mind. Your magic is way more useful than my wings anyway.”

“Would you do that Fluttershy?”

“Yes I would. NOW GO AND SAVE OUR FRIEND!” Fluttershy say in a very commanding tone (and really out of character but still).

“Let’s go girls!” Twilight commands.

“Dave we are coming to save you!” Everypony yell at the top of their lungs.



----------------------------------------P.O.V. Change to Dave------------------------------------

“…RAYQUAZA!” That is just silly. What is it even doing here? *It’s artificial.* And what do you mean by that? *It was created from nothing by a special being.* What being is that? *You are familiar with him but I won’t say anymore on that. But I can say that he is here to protect that disc over there.* What is so important about that? *WATCH OUT!*

Rayquaza’s tail comes right from me, I throw myself at the ground to avoid it but it still manages to scrape my back. “Not fair! You fucking annoying dragon!”

“Oh come on human, I never said anything about being fair.” God that voice is really creepy. “And what does it matter? You are still going to die right here in this very room. Wait, where did you go?”

“Behind you!” I swing my sword at its back, and it lets out a screech, not as terrible as the others but it was more of an angry roar than anything.

“You puny human! Do you think that makes any difference?” He shoots up to the ceiling of the cave trying to crush me against the rocks. I jump at the last second. Wait, that was really stupid of me. *You stupid young piece of moron. You are so going to lose this fight.* We will see about that. The Rayquaza hits the ceiling at an alarming speed and roar’s out again. “You think you are so smart little human? Then how about this?” He shoots fire from his mouth right towards me.

“OH FUCK!” Not good, really bad, I am so going to get hurt here. *I told you so.* The fire hits me about, I don’t know, 20 meters from the ground. “OH GOD THAT HURTS!!!” I hit the ground and everything immediately goes black.

I wake up five minutes later not being able to move. I try to open my eyes only to see a big tail wrapped around my entire body. I wonder why I am not able to feel that. *You have lost the sense to feel pain.* I guess that would make sense.

“OH so you are awake human. I said you would be unable to win.” I’m not done you shit.

“I am long from done.” It laughs.

“You think you have any power to defeat me what so ever? I must tell you that is impossible because there are only three things that can kill me and you are not in possession of any of them. Two of these three things are living beings so good luck getting them here.” What could those things be? *I know, but I won’t use them.* Why not? *Because I don’t feel like it.* I hate you so much.

“I will find a way you retarded snake.” It throws me into the walls, but I don’t feel a thing. “You know I did not feel any of that right?”

“So you can’t move? Interesting, but that also means no fighting back.”

“Oh really!?” I muster all the strength in my body to stand up. “I never go down that easy, even I know that.” *That was kind of epic for you to stand up like that.* Thank you.

“Puny human, you just sealed your fate.” He flies his mouth towards me, as to eat me.

“That won’t work!” As his mouth comes closer I use all my strength to swing my sword at its upper lip or whatever that is called for a dragon. He jolts back with an unamused face “How about them apples?”

“That was a stupid plan human.” It’s over lip directly attaches back to its normal form. “I am immortal so anything you do won’t be able to hurt me.”

“That is just unfair! And I used all my remaining strength at that swing as well.” *Don’t die on me Dave.* I am so sorry.

“Now you die.” He takes up my body and throws me up towards one of the stalactites, and I can feel the stalactite penetrate my chest. The dragon laughs. But then my body get’s engulfed in a white light and after that I blacked out.



-------------------------------------P.O.V. Change to Pinkie Pie--------------------------------


“TWILIGHT! I FOUND A CAVE!” Her mane was laying down indicating her worry for Dave.

“WHAT KIND OF CAVE!?”

“I DON’T KNOW, JUST GET OVER HERE.” And sure enough she teleports right next to Pinkie. “Twilight, do you have any idea what that pink smoke is? It looks funny.”

“Now I definitely know Dave is here. We need to get everypony over here.” Twilight say in a very monotone voice.

“How do you know he is here? And what is with your voice?” Pinkie looks really worried.

“When we went to get Dave a job he asked Iron Forge where he could find something called moonstone. Iron answered that he was to seek out a cave with pink smoke, but this is no normal smoke, it can make a pony mutate.”

“That can’t be good. Now how do we get everypony over here?”

“Let me handle this Pinkie.” Her horn begins to glow a really bright purple, and the next thing you know everypony appeared out of nowhere.

“How did we get here?” Alex asks really dumbfounded.

“I teleported you all here.” Was the only thing Twilight could muster out before falling unconscious.

“She is 120% sure that Dave is in here.” Pinkie states.

“Well what are we waiting for? We should go save Dave!” Rainbow looks really worried saying that.

“I am right behind you Rainbow.” And both Alex and Rainbow disappears into the cave.

“Not good, I forgot to tell them that the smoke can make a pony mutatote or whatever Twilight called it.”

“You must mean mutate right? Pinkie darling you must know that we would do anything to help our friends, now shall we go girls?”

“Ah’m right behind you.”

“Let’s go save our friend! Wait, who is going to take care of twilight?”

“I could do that, you know how I get around dirt so I think I would be better help looking out for Twilight.”

“Sounds good ta’ me. Now Pinkie let’s save Dave.”

“Okie-Dokie-Lokie, Dave don’t worry we will find you.”



---------------------------------------P.O.V. Change to Alex--------------------------------------

My head is kind of empty without that guy though it’s nice to have someplace to think without someone interrupting all the time. Wait I have to ask this: “Rainbow why are you so inclined to help Dave? You haven’t even known him for a week yet.”

“What do you care? And besides what do you know?” She looks away.

“I am his dead friend so to speak, I died and I got teleported to Equestria.”

“And I am supposed to believe that?”

“In fact yes you should, because why would I else throw myself in danger for somepony I barely know?”

“That makes some sense.” Wow this corridor is really long, what is up with this place? And what’s up with this pink smoke?

“This place really creep’s me out, and besides you never answered my question from before: Why are you so inclined to help Dave?” I got her now.

“That is none of your business chump. But I think you should ignore that because we are here to save Dave so let’s do that!”

“Let’s!”

We continue down the corridor for five more minutes until we come to a crossroads. “Now which way do we go from here?”

“I have an idea! Rainbow say a number from one to nine!”

“I don’t see the point but ok: Nine.” Right it is then.

“Then we go right. I just hope we find him before its too late.” Dave please be ok!

“Fine with me. DAVE! WE ARE COMING FOR YOU!!” Dash yells as we run down the right passage.



-------------------------------------P.O.V. Change to Pinkie Pie--------------------------------

We arrive at a crossroads. “Now which way do we go from here Aj?”

“Ah think we must split up.”

“Why?”

“Because we c’n cower more ground that way. So Pinkie you go forward I take the left tunnel.”

“Why not the right tunnel Aj?”

“Because ah saw Dash and that Nova guy go that way.”

“Oh silly me, I should have noticed that. Ok now let’s find him then!” Operation find Dave is a go!

“Se ya’ll later, and be careful now Pinkie.”

“Aj I am always careful and besides I have my party cannon as help.” And sure enough she pulls her party cannon out from seemingly nowhere.

“Ah will never understand y’all.” Applejack mutters.

“What was that Aj? Oh never mind, let’s find Dave!”

“Let’s find him! See y’all later Pinkie!” I hope Aj is going to be fine.

“You too Aj, and stay safe.” I really hope Dave is alright.



------------------------------------P.O.V. Change to Rainbow Dash---------------------------


Dave I hope you are ok! I really do. The one question I have to myself is why? I am not in to this lovey-dovey stuff, but there is just something about him that when I am close to him makes me feel really good about myself. Does this mean I am getting sappy? I hope not, I don’t want to be known as ‘Rainbow Dash the sappy flier’ that would totally ruin my reputation. But I really like him, is he worth it? What about the Wonderbolts? If I ever got together with him would I be able to leave for the Wonderbolts or would it destroy us both? ARGH! All this thinking is making my head hurt, I need to find Dave! And that is fast. Whoah why this entire corridor fill up with that pink stuff? It smells funny, it’s probably harmless, right?

“RAINBOW! Why aren’t you listening to me?” Did he say something?

“What was that?”

“You really zone out at bad times. What I wanted to say was: This pink stuff is really unnerving it really worries me that Dave has been going around in here for a longer time.” We enter a really big room at that moment.

“Whoa, this place is awesomely huge! I can fly around in here.” I take to the air in the cave only to see three things, one being a pedestal with something glowing on it, the second is a very big dragon worm thing sliced up into several pieces and the last is Dave. “DAVE!! ARE YOU OK!?”

“DASHIE!? When did you get here and is there somepony else with you?” I am so happy he is ok, I was getting worried there.

“Yeah, that Nova guy is with me.” What does it matter to him anyway? “What I want to know is, did you slice that entire dragon into pieces?”

“Great he is the pony I wanted to talk to right now and yes it was in fact me who did that.” What? How did he even manage that? That is impossible! Nopony can fight a dragon that big alone. “EY Nova! I need to talk to you!”

“Dave! You are fine! You do? Ok fine then. Wait did you that?” He say pointing towards the big dragon.

“Yes I did, now will you just follow me?” What is it that he does not wish for me to know? But if what he said is true about them knowing each other then I can understand it. But it’s still really unnerving.

“Sure thing Dave.” They walk towards the far side of the room.



-----------------------------------P.O.V. Alex or Nova Note-------------------------------------

He sounds really worried what is going on here? “What did you want to talk to me about Dave?”

“First, I am not Dave right now.” What is he talking about?

“What do you mean by that?”

“I have taken over Dave’s body to save him from death, this was a onetime thing because he is really untrained and did not have the tools to defeat that monster.” Wait is that who I think it is?

“Are you…”

“Yes I am in fact the being who has been in your mind talking to you and today Dave was lucky enough to have me, because if it would have been the other guy, Dave would have died.” Revelations ahoy!

“So let me get this straight, you took over Dave’s body to save him?” He simply nods. “And you defeated that monster? How badly hurt was Dave before you took over? And besides you are only wearing a pair of really short pants.” This is odd.

“He was burned, he fell onto the ground from more than halfway up to the top of this cave, he was hit into the walls a couple of times and he got impaled by a stalactite.” Wait what?

“A stalactite? Where did it hit?”

“Through his chest.”

“Then how come you don’t have a big fucking mark on your I mean his chest?”

“Me taking over comes with a few perks and is only for emergencies since he has to get unconscious for me to take over. The perks are: The being I take over becomes really strong and has self healing abilities.” That is amazing.

“So you have practically saved Dave’s life?”

“Yes I have, I did it for a reason that I am not entirely sure what it is. But there is something about him that made me do it, I am not entirely sure what, but something is there.” Wait is he saying Dave has some kind of fate or something?

“What does this mean for Dave.”

“He has a power to do one thing but I don’t know what that is yet. As for Dave living again, yes that is entirely possible I just need to give him control back and he will be fully healed and will wake up about ten seconds after I go back to his mind.”

“I thank you for doing this for not only Dave but for me and his friends as well, I thank you Pure.” Now he is getting mad.

“What did I tell you about that name? NEVER USE IT OUTSIDE OF YOUR MIND! Why? Because no being except the ones I posses should know that name because everypony would begin to wonder.”

“Wonder what?” He makes a tired expression.

“You will understand in time my friend, now I must go, I will see you tomorrow.”

“See you tomorrow.”

White light enwraps Dave and it flies away into his ear? What the fuck was that?



------------------------------------P.O.V. Change to Dave---------------------------------------

Ugh my head, it hurts. Wait didn’t I get impaled by a rock? Why don’t I feel anything in my chest? Time to investigate! I open my eyes to see Rainbow and Alex staring at me. “Where am I? Oh yeah, the cave. What happened to the dragon?” They both just smile and hug me. “Thanks guys, but really, what happened to the dragon and when did you two get here?”

“Dave you killed it, you killed the dragon or rather the Rayquaza!” We both laugh, oh how I missed you Alex.

“What are you two talking about?” Oh yeah, she is a pony.

“It’s a human thing.” I try to get to my feet with a really easy time. “That was less painful that I thought. Now where is that saddlebag if found?” They both look at me and start looking around. Alex picks up something and walks towards me.

“You mean this?” He hands me the saddlebag. I check inside to see that all moonstone chunks I collected are still there.

“Yeah this is the one. Now there is only one last thing I need before we should get the fuck out of here.” I start rushing towards the Pedestal. *I see you made it.* Don’t fuck with me, I killed a dragon apparently. *Dave, please that was me.* Then how did you do that? *I took over your body right after you got shot into the stalactite.* Well whatever, at least the dragon is dead. And if you really did save me then thank you, but there is one question I have. *Thank you, and what is that question?* How come I don’t have a hole in my chest? *Healing power.* OH okay makes sense I guess. I come up to the pedestal and grab the disc. Nothing happened? That’s good. “NOW LET’S GET THE HAY OUTA HERE!” I yell and we all start running (Dash flies) towards the small corridor again.




"Now what about that being? Rayquaza? That was a funny one to make and a little bit longer, i hope you all liked it and as always: To be continued (Do you know where that comes from? THEN you got my seal of approval!) Now for the next one. Allons-Y!"