• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 4,155 Views, 263 Comments

What are the odds? - HikariToYami



Follow Dave as he gets teleported into Equestria and tries to cope with life there.

  • ...
18
 263
 4,155

The meeting

"Well here we go again. This one is just a regular meet everypony chaper... or is it? Well let's not keep you! HERE WE GO(Mario voice)."




In the door stood three poni... Wait a minute! Weren’t there just four of them in the door? I see Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow. Oh god where is Pinkie?

“Ohmygoshyoumustbenewherewhatsyourname?” She really speaks fast and she is bouncing *Indeed she is.*

“uum, its Dave.”

“OkhiDavei’mPinkiePienicetomeetyougottagomakeyouapartyBYE!” Ok…

“What was that?” I know it was pinkie but still, that’s just weird.

“It’s Pinkie being Pinkie” Every mare say in unison.

“Oh, so she was Pinkie? Got to love those hyperactive people, they are always so fun. And I can see what you mean by random Rainbow.” Wait a minute? Why is Applejack and Rarity just standing there with open mouths? *They just saw you, you are not a pony, remember?* Oh yeah, forgot about that. *Well you shouldn’t just stand there. Talk to them, the silence is killing me.* sure.

“Well I believe introductions are in order. The name’s Dave. And may I ask what your names are?” There still just standing there with their mouths open. I walk towards and wave my hand in front of them. “Equestria to Ponies, you in there. Hellooo?” They finally snap out of it.

“What in tarnation are yah, some kind o’ hairless ape?” Applejack says as she gets into an offensive stance. But before I can reply Rarity steps in front of me and says.

“oh dear me, your clothes look simple dreadful. How CAN you walk around like that? You must let me make you some real clothes.” …Didn’t see that one coming *I did, but I can’t help but wonder if what he said will happen.* Who are you talking about. *Cover your… Family jewels.* Why? *NOW!*

I covered my jewels and I’m glad I did because Applejack bucked me right on the mark. My hands took most of the damage but I could still feel some pain in my privet area. “Don’t ya’ll get close to Rarity, monster!” she yells at me. Thanks for the warning, but how did you know. *That’s for me to know and you to find out.* Well anyway thanks again, you saved my kids. *Kids? Oooh.*

“Ok. First, ow. Second, she came up to me. And finally third, did you really need to hit me in that ONE spot. I didn’t even do anything.”

“How can we trust ya when your somethin’ we’ve never seen before.” Well she has a point.

“Ok I’ll give you that one but did you really think it was necessary to kick me?” and if you say yes I’m going to hit you. *have a heart, what would you have done if a creature that you have never seen stood close to one of your friends?* alright, alright I won’t hit her… hard. *well it’s a start.*

“Alright I admit that ah acted a little hasty but ah only care for mah friends.”

“Well let’s just move past this and get on with the introductions, my name is Dave.” I say as I reach out my hand for a hand/hoofshake.

She puts out her hoof and we shake hands/hoofs? “I’m Applejack an’ this ‘ere is Rarity.” She says as she points to Rarity standing there looking at my clothes.

“Well then it’s too bad pinkie won’t be here for this but whatever (knowing her she already knows) so let’s start the whole story, shall we?” All six (including spike) nods. “Well first of all, I am a human and I’m not from Equestria or this planet at all. I come from a place called Earth and that was a very horrible place. War was almost going on somewhere everyday and I was lucky not to be close to the current war. But that doesn’t mean I had a good life. No my life was bad, the only real friend I had died exactly one year and one day ago. He was the only real friend I ever had and I still miss him so much I can’t believe it. I always had my parents and I still do but well they can’t always be there for me since we don’t even live that near each other anymore, but the does not mean I love them any less and I learned a lot from my father. He worked as a blacksmith and I always took a big interest in it so I have some good skills at the art of blacksmithing. I already love it more here than I ever did home. So if it’s not a problem with all of you then I would love to stay here and never go back” I smile. *Wow that was long and you are pretty forward, young one.* Young one? You are my brain which means we are the same age. *Yeah right.* “Oh and by the way, Rarity do you mind making me some clothes then?”

“Well of course dear but before I can do any of that, I just have to tell you that I am going to Prance and the train goes in an hour, so I promise that once I get back I will immediately get to make you some clothes.” Prance? Oh yeah forgot the bad puns. *Well at least there is at least one place without a pun, example: Ponyville* Yeah so? *Just proving a point.* Alright.

“Well I am sure I can wait how long will it take for you to come back?” hopefully three days at most.

“I am going today and I will be there two days so that means I will be back in about three days” Wow I am good. *That was so totally Me.* Wait what? It was my thought you know? *We have the same voice in your mind you know?* God dammit. “So I hope that Is ok for you.” Yeah sure.

“Well I’m sure I can take it” Smile from me.

“Because you don’t need clothes all the time… Right?” Oh god why.

“Well I actually do need clothes all the time. It’s a human thing, just trust me.” Fake smile.

“Well I hope you can take wearing the same clothes for a while though they will probably stink after some time but hopefully everypony can take it.” Yes… hopefully.

Everypony in the room nods. “Well that’s good I guess. Anyway does anypony know where I can get a job, since I will be living here and I will probably need some money to live here.” And I continue to smile. *You are really starting to creep me out, you know?* I am even scaring myself sometimes.

“Ya’ know ol’ Iron Forge was lookin’ fer a helper. Ah’m sure ya can help ‘im.” Really heavy accent, and really? Iron Forge I just… BAD PUN!!! *Of course it’s a bad pun, they are ponies remember? Prance is just an example.* Yeah I guess.

“Well let’s go and ask him if I can get a job.” I walk towards the door but Twilight ran past me and blocks the door. “What’s wrong Twilight?”

“You can’t just go out there. No one knows you and they will think you’re a monster and run away so I will have a talk with the mayor. I also need to send the princess a letter about you so just get comfortable and wait until tomorrow.” Meanie pants. *So you are already going with Pinkie Talk?* Yessir.

“Fiiine, so you are saying I should stay here for the rest of the day?” *Dave she wants you to herself.* Oh please I am only interested in Fluttershy and or Rainbow Dash and you know that. *…oh you thought I meant in a sexual way. I mean she wants to ask you some questions.* Why didn’t you say so.

“Well, yes but you won’t be alone while I go and talk to the mayor because Spike will keep you company.” Well that’s nice of him. *Be careful, we don’t know which way his barn door swings.* He’s not gay. *Whatever you say.*

“Well my back is a little stiff from sleeping on the floor so if I can find a bed to lie down on and a good book I’ll be good for the day. Ooh and an apple to eat so I don’t starve.” I look down to the floor with a sad look on my face and apparently Twilight notice this and walks up to me.

“Is something wrong? You look a little sad.”

“It’s just that… it feels like I’m only taking and taking and never give anything in return and that just feels wrong”

Rainbow flies up to me and says “Hey, you can’t talk like that. You are our friend now and friends help each other out. Twilight can you find a good book for him while I show him the bed downstairs.”

“Of course, what type of book do you want Dave?” Twilight asks with a caring face.

“Thank you all. Can I get a book of Equestria so I don’t have to ask you about every little thing.” It’s getting a little hard to act like I don’t know anything.

“That’s a wonderful idea Dave, well I need to leave now I don’t want to miss my train. See you in three days everypony.” Rarity says as she walks out the door.

“Well ah need to get back to work. Good luck with your readin’ Dave” …do I Really need to tell you who that was… I do? Well its Applejack, how can you not know that.

“It was nice to see you all again but I need to go back and feed the animals, take care Dave.” Fluttershy says as she walks out the door.

“See ya later Shy. I’m gonna stay here and keep Dave company with Spike.” Rainbow says with a smile on her face.

“Rainbow, you still have work to do. Just look at all the clouds outside.” Twilight says as she points outside at the clouds. *…* What?

“Dammit(I can’t hear you). Well, see ya later Dave.”

“Bye Dash, see you tomorrow.” I say when she flies out the door up into the sky. “Sooo Twilight, about that book.”

“hmmmm, ooh I know. Wait here a moment.” She sa… *NO MORE GOD DAMN ‘SHE SAYS AS.’ THE READERS ARE GOING TO HATE YOU* what readers? *crap I’ve said to much. I’m going to sleep now.* but it’s still early. *I need my beauty sleep.* What beauty sleep? *Zzzzzzz.* …well whatever, she gets me a book “Here you go Dave, this book will explain a lot of our world.”

“Thanks again Twilight. I owe you one. Well I’m off to read this book. Have a nice day.”

“You to Dave, I’m off to write a letter to the princess and then to talk to the mayor.” She levitates a bottle of ink, a feather and a parchment to her and starts to write. The last thing I heard before I went down the stairs was Twilight asking Spike to send the letter. I then lay down on the bed and started to read for a few hours and ate an apple before finally falling asleep.



Location: Unknown

A strange creature sits inside a cave of some sort just resting until it feels something. He snaps his… Claws and a letter appears in front of the creature. It opens the letter and reads it before it speaks

“So Twilight finally met him and is trying to inform Celestia. Well we can’t have that now can we?” The creatures voice sounds like a male but that isn’t important… or is it? (Trololololo) He holds the letter in his claws and it catches on fire. But the fire is BLACK and the letter burns up in nine seconds flat. (One second faster than Rainbow Dash) “The letter has been… Terminated.”



"Now who or what can that be and how will everypony in town react to Dave? Find out out next time on Dragon ba... I mean: What are the odds?"