• Published 20th Jul 2014
  • 2,503 Views, 38 Comments

Father Of A Changeling - vinyl_dashy2



Ever wonder what would have happened if Shining Armor actually DID marry Chrysalis? Do you wonder how much farther it would go, and if Chrysalis would ever see the error of her ways?

  • ...
12
 38
 2,503

Chapter 7: True Love

Dinky's eyes widened as she heard the words leave Zany's mouth. She got up and hugged him, as they went back to the hut. Zecora greeted them once more, seeing they had worked things out.

"You two should get some rest. Dinky is in no condition to leave right now, and I'm sure your tired as well, Zany," Cadence said.

"Dinky can sleep in my bed, to help cure her dread. I will sleep on the couch."

"And where do I sleep?" Zany questioned. The zebra didn't answer, but gave a wink, and he knew exactly what that met. The couple walked to a medium sized bed in the corner of the hut. They both blushed, and Dinky broke the silence but asking, "would now be an awkward time for cuddling?"

"I-I guess not..." The two laid down in the bed and laid next to each other. Zany wrapped his hooves around Dinky and sighed.

"What are we going to do...? Chrysalis... she thinks I'm..."

"We'll figure it out in the morning..." He yawned. "Let's just relax and get some sleep..."

***

Cadence nudged the shoulder of Zany, hoping to wake him up. "H-huh?"

"Zany, Dinky, we need to get to PonyVille... now..."

"Why?"

"Chrysalis is planning an attack! If we don't get there soon Equestria will be in danger once more like it was years ago! And without Equestria's most important elements, we stand no chance!"

"Why does my mother want to take over?"

"She wants more power... she wants the elements of harmony... she wants magic..." The couple got up from the bed.

Dinky stood tall, "then we can't waste another moment!"

The three ran out of the forest when Cadence stopped at Fluttershy's cottage outside the forest. "We have to get the elements of harmony... it has been a long time since we have used them..." Cadence knocked on the door of the yellow mare but there was no response.

"The elements of harmony?" Zany asked.

"Indeed... why do you ask?"

"I... didn't know they actually used to exist..."

Cadence sighed. "Not many your age even know about them anymore..." The mares and stallion ran to town square of Ponyville to find Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Apple Jack gazing at the sky. They looked up to find the sky looked black, lined with changelings.

Fluttershy covered her mouth in awe, "oh... My..."

"We have to get Twilight..."

The three ran to the tree house nearby when Rainbow Dash looked down after hearing the familiar voice. "Princess Cadence!?"

Cadence knocked on the door of the tree house, only to be responded with, "Go away!"

"Twilight? It's me... Cadence..."

The purple mare's eyes widened. It had been 17 years since she had heard that voice... it had been 17 years since she had left that tree house. The door creaked open to reveal the mare's purple eyes. "C-Cadence?"

"Twilight... we need your help... the elements... without you they are incomplete... we can make Equestria the same as it once was..."

Twilight looked away and sighed. She closed the door slowly, leaving Cadence, Dinky, and Zany feeling hopeless. Suddenly they heard the door unlock, as the purple mare came out wearing a golden crown with a pink gemstone in it resembling her cutie mark. She brought out five necklaces with gemstones resembling the other mane five's cutie marks.

Pinkie Pie was the first of the five to notice the mare come out of the tree house. "TWILIGHT!!!"

Apple Jack looked down from the sky and saw her, "huh?!"

The five mares ran over and hugged the friend they had lost years ago. Twilight handed them the elements, when Cadence interrupted their moment, "I hate to interrupt, but..." she pointed to the sky. "We have company...!"

Chrysalis stopped the changleings and looked down at the nine ponies. She looked to Dinky and Zany and smirked. "I'll take the blonde mare and my son... you all take the others..."

Beside the changeling Queen was her husband, under her spell. He had sprouted changeling wings and his horn became deformed, along with his zombie-dazed eyes. Thousands of changelings charged at the ground, right toward the mane six and Cadence, but leaving Zany and Dinky be.

"Huh?" Dinky was confused. She looked around but no changeling in sight was coming after them. Until the tall changeling queen and the white stallion charged at the ground in front of them. They landed and stood up tall, as Chrysalis made green fire surround the couple.

"Mom! Dad! What are you doing!?"

Chrysalis laughed. "Did you really think I loved you or your father?" The queen hissed. "You were a mistake!"

Tears came to the young stallion's eyes, "you lied to me... all this time... you've said I was heartless! But... I really do have a heart..."

"Yes, yes, that... Sadly you got that from your father. If you didn't have a heart you would have worked perfectly! But obviously that's not the case..."

"What have you done to dad?...!"

"I just made some... minor adjustments... but enough chit-chat..." The queen's horn began glowing a bright green as she blasted at Zany. He dodged the blast, but was stunned.

Outside the green fire the mane six and Cadence fought the changelings. Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie battled duplicates of their families, while AJ battled her brother Big Mac, Twilight battled Flash Sentry, and Cadence battled duplicates of Shining Armor.

"Theres too many!" Twilight shouted.

Cadence replied, "we have to get to the Queen!"

As Rainbow Dash kicked a canceling disguised as Soarin, she remarked, "I say we blast her into stone!"

"If we have enough power..." Twilight finished.

Meanwhile Derpy heard the commotion and ran outside. "Oh no... DINKY! My little muffin, where are you!?"

"I'm right here mom!"

Derpy turned around to see her daughter standing before her. "Oh thank goodness your safe, I was worried you-"

"No, I'm the real Dinky!" Standing beside the grey mare was another Dinky.

"No, I am! They're changelings! You have to believe me mom!"

The changelings disguised as the grey mare's daughter kept piling up. The real Dinky was within the green fire with Zany and the changeling Queen.

Chrysalis growled. "It's time to end this once and for all!" Her horn glowed bright, as she combined her magic with her husband's. The ball of magic surrounding their horns grew larger and larger.

Dinky turned to the white stallion beside her. "Kiss me..."

"What?...!" Zany blushed. "B-but I-"

"Just do it! You have a heart! You won't hurt me! Just... trust me..."

As the bolt of green magic darted toward them, Zany's lips met Dinky's. The blast hit the couple. Smoke lined the air. There was silence.

As the smoke cleared, Chrysalis gasped, "W-what!? How is this possible!?"

Zany opened his eyes and broke the kiss. The blast hadn't effected them at all! They were surrounded by a green, magically glowing bubble shield. The fire around them froze, and then crumbled. The glow from them blinded the changelings as they fled, leaving Chrysalis and Shining Armor behind.

"W-what!? Where are you going?! You cowards!"

Twilight smiled and walked closer, "the magic you had in Equestria is gone, Chrysalis. You have shown every pony who you you truly are! The power of love and friendship will always overthrow evil, no matter how deadly!" The mane six began floating and glowing as Twilight closed her eyes. "No matter how long the evil lasts, love and friendship will never die..." The purple mare opened her eyes to reveal them to be pure white.

A rainbow shot from the purple mare's crown as it surrounded the changeling queen.

"NOOOOOO!!!"

***

The smoke cleared once more. The six mares floated to the ground as before them was a statue of the queen.

Shining armor fell to the ground, stunned and confused. The changeling wings on his back disappeared and his horn returned to normal. He shook his head and got up to his feet, to find in front of him Cadence.

"C-Cadence...? Is... that really you...?"

"It's me, Shining Armor!" Tears came to the pink mare's face as she hugged the white stallion. It had been years since they had truely seen each other. Shining Armor looked at the statue of his wife.

"Cadence... we'll start all over... we can... Cadence..." Shining Armor kneeled before her as a ring appeared in his hooves with his magic. "Will you marry me? So we can start our life together all over again? Be the mare I truly fell in love with?"

"Of course!" Cadence hugged him happily and looked at Zany, guesturing for him to come over. Zany ran over and joined the hug, squealing, "I'm going to have a step-mom!"

Celestia and Luna flew down to the group of ponies. Derpy ran over and hugged Dinky, thankful she was okay, with a whole new perspective on Zany.

Celestia walked over to Twilight and lifted her head with her hoof. "You've come a long way, my faithful student. You have finally deserved what I meant to give you years before..." The white mare's long horn began glowing a bright golden color. Seconds later, the glowing faded away. Everypony gasped, as Celestia finished, "Princess Twilight..."

"P-princess!?" Twilight gasped in astonishment.

"Your a princess now, Twilight!?" Rarity squealed.

The ponies were overjoyed. Equestria was back to the way it used to be. Suddenly a blue telephone box appeared close to Dinky and Derpy.

"Huh?" Dinky was confused. A tan stallion with brown hair walked out.

"Hello, Derpy..." The grey mare hugged the stallion tightly. He looked at the purple mare beside her and smiled. "You must be Dinky..."

"Who... are you? Have we met?"

"Not likely, no... but let's just say we're related..." He winked. "I must go though... there ponies out there that need my help..."

Derpy kissed the stallion's cheek as he turned and stepped back in the telephone box, closing the door behind him. "Who was that?" Dinky asked.

"That... was your father..." she smiled.

"M-my father!?" The purple mare ran after him, but it was to late. The blue box disappeared. Dinky sighed and walked back to her mother. "Will I ever see him again?"

"Of course... he'll be back..."

All was well again. Equestria was safe, and happy once more.

Author's Note:

In the beginning at Zecora's hut, no, they did not do anything inappropriate, perverts XP but anyway, sadly the story had to come to an end. But... there may or may not be a sequel in the mere future :p btw, if anypony is wondering how Twi survived 17 years without leaving her tree house, I kinda think of it as Spike kinda helped her get food and stuff like that.. but u guys can be creative and think of your own reason ;p

Comments ( 5 )

So, rushed... must. point. out. grammatical problem:

Dinky shouted in panic, "then we can waste another moment!"

Totally super-duper fast with drama, mushy and lovey-dovey ending. :pinkiecrazy:
So fast.

4762111 yes, I did get some ideas from daughter of discord, such as the pony x changeling. But DisneyFanatic(writer of daughter of discord) is an excellent writer, and I am inspired by her work

wow that ending was so rushed it put super sonic to shame.

Where did Tia and luna come from?! after more than 16 years of standing at the sidelines they could at least helped them!

Login or register to comment