• Published 20th Jul 2014
  • 2,504 Views, 38 Comments

Father Of A Changeling - vinyl_dashy2



Ever wonder what would have happened if Shining Armor actually DID marry Chrysalis? Do you wonder how much farther it would go, and if Chrysalis would ever see the error of her ways?

  • ...
12
 38
 2,504

Chapter 2: The First Hunt

Zany pierced a paper fort with his wooden sword to reveal his father hiding behind it. "Haha! Sir Jeffers! On guard!"

Shining Armor held a floppy paper sword in front of him. "No fair! Your sword is way overpowered compared to mine!" He giggled. Zany swing his sword with heavy, rough movements as he poked his father's chest. "Well it seems I've won!" Zany smirked.

"Oh really...." with swift movements Shining Armor tackled his son playfully and tickled him. Zany squealed and giggled on delight as he squirmed. "Dad!" Shining Armor smiled at his son until he heard the door creek open. Zany swiftly jumped up and ran up to hug the pony at the door. "Mom...!"

Zany had always been a mama's boy. He felt he could relate to her more, yet, he honestly loved his father more because he treated him fairly. Chrysalis flinched and pushed Zany away gently, rejecting his hug. "What are you two doing?" Chrysalis snarled.

"I'm just... playing with Zany..."

"Zany is not one who is to 'play!' He is a heartless changeling! He hunts and takes the love from others." She sighed and paced back and forth. "He's about to go on his first hunt and your teaching him how to 'play'... Zany!" Zany quickly ran in front of her and sat up straight. "What is the first rule of hunting?"

"Don't get caught."

"Second rule..."

"Don't come back until you have had your fill of love..."

"Third rule?"

"Always stay disguised...?"

"Yes, good. Now, do you feel ready?"

"Yes..."

"Alright... go..." Zany flew outside and upward, flying high in the sky. Now-a-days ponies were so used to seeing changelings they weren't surprised anymore, and parents of young fillies and colts had to tell them eventually about the world they lived in. But for now, all they could do was warn them. But strangely enough today no pegasus was in the sky.

He flew above the city but saw no ponies of interest. He seemed to have flown into the Everfree forest when he saw a pony that caught his eye. He didn't know what it was about her, she was like every pony else. He flew down and hid in the bushes. The filly was sitting by a lake as she shuffled the water with her hoof. Zany searched her mind for someone she cared for. He found a mare named Derpy Hooves.

He didn't want to disguise as a girl, especially not on his first hunt. But something about this filly made him feel different. Perhaps it was just because it was his first hunt...

He disguised as the grey mare and and walked out of the bushes. Zany looked into the young filly's thoughts and found her name was Dinky. "Dinky...?"

"M-mom?...!" Dinky turned in surprise and distress.

Zany panicked. "W-what am I suppose to say?" he thought and then said, "y-your father is worried, my dear Dinky..."

"My father?" Dinky looked deeply into Zany's eyes and noticed his eyes were not mix matched. Zany could feel his stomach filling with love until it suddenly stopped. "Your not my mother..."

"W-what do you mean?"

"I've... never known my father..." the young purple filly looked down for a moment and then met his eyes once more. "Who are you? Really?"

"W-what am I suppose to do!? If I undiguise I'll be breaking two rules!" Zany felt there was nothing left to do, as he sighed and undisguised himself. He stood tall as the mare looked deeply into his eyes. He had never seen anything like her eyes before... they were... mix matched and he could do nothing but stare back into them, nearly getting himself lost in them. Dinky did not seem scared. She stood up and walked closer to him, examining him with every step. Zany took a step back as he was hesitant of the purple mare's swift moves. "What... are you?" She asked.

He blinked in confusion and surprise. He was surprised the filly did not act in fear. "You don't know what I am?" Dinky shook her head. Zany was unfamiliar with the outside world, and he started to notice that the ponies outside the kingdom looked similar to his father. No holes in their hooves or hair, fur that shined in the sunlight, he couldn't understand it. Every pony seemed to get along as well... just as it was said it once did in the, now destroyed, changeling hive. Years before when Chrysalis left for the bigger path of taking over Equestria, she felt no need for the changeling army who she had conquered years before. Now she had a husband to take care of her child and Celestia and Luna were imprisoned in the royal jail cell, only given the magic of being forced to bring day and night.

"Well?" The purple mare broke the young colt out of his thoughts. He had recognized the filly as unicorn, learning from his father about the species. He sighed and finally admitted, "I-I... am a changeling..."

Dinky blinked in confusion, "what's a changeling?"

Zany's eyes widened. He was surprised the filly was not familiar. "Um... it doesn't matter... right now..." he looked away in embarrassment.

"Want a muffin?"

"A what?"

"A muffin!"

"What's a muffin?"

Dinky gasped loudly. "You don't know what a muffin is!? Man, you really need to get out more!" Dinky's small horn began to glow as a muffin suddenly appeared in her hoof. Zany took it hesitantly and examined it. "What? It's not poisonous, try it!" The young filly gave a warm smile. Zany opened his mouth and slowly took a nibble. His pupils widened extensively as he took another bite.

"T-this is... delicious! It... it tastes like love..."

"Um... I don't know about that but okay! Wanna play?"

Zany finished his muffin as he looked up at her mix matched eyes. He flipped his tail in excitement, "you... want to... play?"

"Sure, why not!" The two foals played for hours, pretending to sail at sea, making paper airplanes, and much more. The night came, as Dinky turned the lake water into muffins. She jumped in, squealing in excitement as Zany jumped in after her. For some reason, Zany felt his stomach filling with love, but Dinky didn't seem weak a bit. He suddenly froze as he heard a rustle in the bushes. A tall mare jumped out, hissing, making the purple filly scream. Zany was surprised to see his mom.

Derpy heard Dinky's cry in the distance while delivering Zecora's mail. She dropped all her mail and rushed to the small female cry. She grabbed Dinky out of the muffin lake and swooped her up in her arms. Zany gasped at the suddenly actions of everything around him, but his mother did not care to pick him out of the muffins. She just stood. Silent. Suddenly his father appeared right by her side and grabbed his son out of the lake. His horn began to glow as he turned the lake back to water. "I-I'm terribly sorry, Mrs. Hooves, it will never happen again."

Derpy looked at him angrily with one eye and the other pointing to Dinky's direction. "It better not!" Her voice was filled with dread as she looked at the changeling colt in horror. She quickly flew off, leaving nothing but silence.

Author's Note:

What? Did you think the romance part would be about Chrysalis and Shining Armor? :p btw, (since these options aren't available for the story highlights) it's also kinda a family/drama as well.