• Published 20th Jul 2014
  • 991 Views, 1 Comments

Murdering a Caterpillar - GN-icorn



On a visit to Fluttery, Pinkie Pie learns of a dark secret of her.

  • ...
3
 1
 991

Chapter 3

Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Discord were in the kitchen of SugarCube Corner.

"Let's get to baking some cupcakes!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie.
While Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy got out some ingredients, Discord teleported to Sweet Apple Acres.

"Let's see," he said, "which one of you has milk?"
He lifted up a cow and shook it, but heard nothing but its bell and a moo. He put the cow back and lifted up and shook another cow, but got nothing again aside from its bell and moo. Again, he put it back and lifted a third cow up and shook it. This time, he heard something. Discord shook the cow and heard a liquid splashing around. Satisfied, he teleported back.

"Where could he be?" asked Fluttershy.

Pinkie Pie replied "I hope that Discord's at least not going around making trou-"
But Discord popped up right in front of them with a cow. He milked out some milk into the bowl as Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie stared at him oddly. He teleported out again, but Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy decided take turns mixing the batter anyway.
Even if the experience starting to get unusual for her, Fluttershy felt far better baking with Pinkie Pie than she did somberly thinking at her house.

"Even if this isn't the funnest thing I've done," Fluttershy said, "At least it's far better than getting your wings torn off and told your life's worthless. In fact, I think that almost anything has to be better than that."

"See," Pinkie Pie replied, "It's pretty fun. And at least you have your Auntie Pinkie Pie.
Discord popped right back into the kitchen.

"And your dear friend, Discord," he said.
Pinkie Pie took out a pan and Fluttershy poured the batter in. Fluttershy popped it into the oven and set the timer for fifteen minutes.
After sometime, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy got to making the frosting.

"Powdered sugar, check! Cream cheese, check! Butter, check!" Pinkie Pie said.
Pinkie Pie took out a bowl, and mixed in the cream cheese and butter. Fluttershy poured in the powdered sugar and mixed the ingredients together. But Discord had something up his sleeve.
Discord got out a plate and levitated the frosting. He stretched out his arm to the oven, took out the finished cupcakes and threw them at the floating blob of frosting. The cupcakes landed onto the plate, topped with frosting. The plate was put down one to the table.

"Thank you?" Pinkie Pie said.
Mr. Cake went in, only to be surprised by Discord's prescience.

"Gah!" Mr. Cake cried.

"Don't worry," Fluttershy replied, "I reformed him."

"And he even helped us make cupcakes," said Pinkie Pie, "even in his own weird way."

"Alright, then," Mr. Cake chuckled sheepishly, "Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash wants to see you."

"Oh boy!"
She ran off with the plate of cupcakes to Rainbow Dash at the counter.

"Hi Pinkie," she greeted, "I finished with the clearing the skies of those stray clouds. Didn't expect them."

"You want a cupcake?"

"Sure."

"Guess who helped me bake these cupcakes!"

"Who?"

"Fluttershy and Discord!"
Rainbow Dash spat out her cupcake.

"WHAT?!" she cried out, "What's he even doing here anyway?"

"Calm down," Pinkie Pie said, "I went to Fluttershy's house and asked for her to bake with me. But she was sad about getting told her life was worthless-"
Pinkie Pie put her hooves over her mouth. Rainbow Dash hoof palmed.

"Oh come on! Fluttershy should'v been over that a long time ago. Let me go in to the kitchen."

"But-"

"JUST LET ME IN!"

"Let me in!"

"But Discord helped Fluttershy get better!"
Suddenly, Rainbow Dash thought to herself, "Did I fail to help Fluttershy, the pony who's been my friend since my foal hood?"

"Can you go get out Discord?" she asked.
But the draconequess popped out right in front of her.

"Did somepony call for me?" he said.

"Yeah, I want to ask you, just how right was I when I tried to help Fluttershy with her, you know what?"

"What are you ta-oh that! That! You where well-intended but it seems you haven't been of much help."
Rainbow Dash bowed her head in shame.

"On the other hand, you're still just a young pony who has a lot to learn. Don't feel bad about yourself."

"Can I see Fluttershy as well?"

Discord teleported and came back holding Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash sighed.

"I'm sorry if I fail to help you get over what Score and Dumbell said to you," Rainbow Dash said.

"That's alright!" Fluttershy replied, "I feel all better now. So are we going to finish these cupcakes?"
Everypony laughed together and proceeded to finished their cupcakes. But Rainbow Dash gave Discord a stare of distrust.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment