• Published 11th Apr 2012
  • 586 Views, 3 Comments

The Return of the lost ruler - Flutterftw123



After the defeat of Discord the mane six and the Princesses must deal with a greater threat.

  • ...
 3
 586

The Battle for Canterlot

The Battle for Canterlot

Back in Canterlot during the seige of the Constructs

Shining Armor charged at the center Golem erecting a barrier around his body and plowed into the moving monolith staggering it slightly. As Shining bounces off of the Golems tough stone body he sticks his spear into the ground and uses it as a catapult and launches himself shield holding strong back at the same Golem. This time the impact was enough to make the stone beast fall back onto its rear. But as it landed Shining Armor was sent flying into a nearby house by its massive fist. Luckily his shield held strong and took the brunt of the impact.

"Ow...well you're strong I'll give you that." Shining Armor said as he slowly made his way out of the debris. He then turned to see his two comrades also in the midst of battle with their stoney guests.

"All right big guy lets see how lucky I am today." Nira stated smugly as she flew circles around the lumbering giant. Spear at the ready, she knew it would be useless against its stone body but she also knew that nothing was completely impervious, she just needs to find its weak spot.

"C'mon! You're slower than a turtle with no legs!" She taunted the Golem thinking making it mad would reveal its weakness. Then she saw it. a small crack at the base of its neck was momentarily revealed to her as it raised its head and arms to try and grab at the pegasus. She quickly lunged downward barely avoiding its grasps and lodged her spear into its neck. She was met however with a giant fist coming down on her that she barely dodged. Even so the wind from the collosal hand impacting the ground sent the pegasus mare flying backwards and into a cart of pillows that just so happened to be there. 'Heh lucks on my side today too' she thought as she eyed the beast with her spear sticking out of its neck.

"Get ready to pay up boys cuz I'm just about to win this." Nira shouted smugly, loud enough so her comrades could hear her. She bolted off towards the Golem dodging its downward coming fist again only this time she was past the fist and used the force from the impact onto the ground to accelerate her towards its neck. She lowered her head using the armor on her shoulder to ram into the spear sending it deeper into the crack, 'jackpot' she muttered as eventually the stone started to crumble as its head rolled off of its body. It stood still for a good five seconds, as Nira backed away, and crumbled into a large pile of rocks.

"Heh heh, looks like you guys owe me twenty bits, EACH!" She exclaimed looking back at her friends who only glared back mouthing to themselves 'damn'.

Blaze could only glare at Nira who had just finished off her Golem.
"Aw c'mon!" He exclaimed, before rolling out of the way of a massive foot. Blaze turned his attention back to the Golem before him. He dodged another incoming stomp and charged at the living wall spear set aflame from his magic. Like Nira he knoew his spear would be useless even with his fire magic, but he had a plan. As he dodged another stomp from the creature he reached into his armor and took out several small bags with wicks in them. He then began racing around the Golem jamming bag after bag into small crevises in its body, until he ran out. As he finished placing the last bag he was met with a great amount of force as the Golem back handed him into a stand filled with pies of all shapes and flavors. He wiped some cherry filling out of his eyes and smirked. Even though he definitely had some shattered ribs from the hit his armor protected him from most of the impact. The Golem began making its way towards the downed unicorn, Blaze got back onto his hooves and gritted his teeth in pain as his body registered just how badly the Golem had hit him, if it weren't for the armor he'd probably be dead right now. He pushed through the pain though and galloped towards and around the Golem surrounding it in a ring of fire produced from his horn. He stopped cirling the Golem and backed away about twenty five feet smiling smugly as the Golem made haste through the flames towards the pony. But as soon as it stepped through the ring of flames explosions began appearing all over its body where Blaze had placed the small satchels of explosives, blowing off limb after limb and completely decimating the once towering Golem, turning it into nothing more than a pile of pebbles.

"And that's how I give a 'warm' welcome to Canterlot." Blaze stated triumphantly, which earned a face hoof from Nira.

"Really? That's what you finish with?" She asked unimpressed. "We really need to work on your one liners Blaze." She sighed before turning around looking for her captain.

Shining Armor was chipping away at the Golem bit by bit with his magic infused sword. He surrounded its blade in his barrier magic to strengthen the blade allowing him to nick away at the Golems stone hide dodging and deflecting incoming attacks as he lashed at the beast.

"Ugh this is getting me no where!" Shining Armor exclaimed. Then he suddenly had a briliant idea.

"All right ugly, time to end this!" Shining Armor launched himself off the ground and started taking quick slashes at the Golems chest narrowly avoiding its grasps. He then jumps backwards off the Golems chest and shoots himself back several feet before landing on his hooves and charging back at the Golem. He circled around it to where his spear still lay in the ground and jumped towards it making it propell him through the air like before. He held the sword still encased with his barrier magic pointed towards the Golems chest where he carved out a large X shape.

"Right on target!" Shining exclaimed as he plunged the sword hilt deep into the Golems chest and jumped back from its chest again. With a sly grin on his face Shining charged his horn and began expanding the barrier spell he had around the sword. The Golem tensed up and began shaking before exploding into a million bits from the rapidly expanding field within its body.

"Looks like I rocked its world." Shining said smugly, earning a face hoof from both Nira and Blaze.

"Really captain? Really?" Blaze asked disappointed.

"That was worse than Blaze's." Nira groaned as she rubbed her forehead.

"Well excuse me for not being the prince of puns." Shining retorted.

They all started to laugh, until a loud rumble was heard all around them.

"Careful! I don't think this is over!" Shining said over his shoulder as he levitated his sword to his side and took up a deffensive stance.

"What is it this time?" Blaze asked as he and Nira formed a triangle with their captain backs towards each other.

"What ever it is I bet I can take it down first." Nira smirked.

"We'll see about tha..." But Shining's words were cut off as a shadow loomed over head blotting out the sun.

The three guard ponies stared at the creature that was hovering above them before it landed in front of the captain. It was a large pony with enormous batlike wings, a long horn that curved ever so slightly at the tip, a pitch black coat of fur, and a mane that flowed like crimson lava. An alicorn that would've towered over Celestia was giving them an eerie smirk.

"Well it looks like you broke my toys." The large alicorn stated looking at the now disintegrating rubble of the golems with a voice that would chill dragons blood.

"And now it is two things that you have done to anger me." The alicorn now gave them a stern look.

"Two? What the hay are you talking about? And for that matter who are you supposed to be?" Nira asked meeting the alicorns gaze before shrinking back slightly as it grinned at her.

"Well for starters the second thing you did to warrent my anger was NOT KNEALING!!!" as he said this a force was felt amongst the trio that forced them to thier knees. "And secondly I am Noir, Prince Noir, although I much rather prefer the title of king."

"You will never hold such a title Noir." Said a majestic booming voice before a bright flash of light appeared and disappeared revealing princess Celestia standing between the trio and Noir. "Now leave Canterlot while you still have the chance."

"You say that as if you believe you can stop me, how cute Tia." Noir chuckled a little. "I remember how you always used to ask me to spar with you when you were young, always wanting to get stronger, to be able to beat your older brother." Noir looked at Celestia with cold yellow eyes. "But now is where we see if all that practice will pay off wont we?"

"Please Noir!" Celestia pleaded. "It doesn't have to be like this, please come back to us, to me and Luna." Celestia had the hint of a tear in her eye. Noir said nothing. "Fine...if this is how it must be then so be it." Celestia shook the tears from her eyes. "I will not allow you to harm my little ponies, even if you are my brother." Celestia reared up on her hind legs and charged at Noir.

"Come little sister, let us spar one last time." As Noir held one of his wings infront of his from like a shield and met Celestias magically charged tackle.

Comments ( 1 )

I hear you, my very first fic was a mish mash of all kinds of mistakes, since then I have been working hard to improve and now my second fic has over 30 likes which makes me happy, still it takes a lot of work and planning. good luck

Login or register to comment