• Published 9th Jul 2014
  • 535 Views, 7 Comments

Always My little Girl - Bookworm-



Shining Armor and Princess Cadence's daughter is sent into hiding after Queen Chrysalis vows to get revenge.

  • ...
7
 7
 535

Chapter 3

Twilight sat on her throne, listening to the friendship problems between a light purple unicorn and a green pegasus.

"So Mint Chip here, suddenly pops up at my house, saying 'I need to stay here for a while. Is that okay?' I say it's fine, but she keeps messing with my stuff. I go to my art desk and I can't find any of my paintbrushes. So I thought she was just borrowing them, and I decide to go to my room where my typewriter is, so I can finish a chapter of my book, but Mint was in there typing on it!! I had to retype a whole chapter!!" The unicorn complains.

"Well I was borrowing your paintbrushes, Noble Quill. And I thought I could try and help you with your new chapter!! Excuse me for trying to help." Mint Chip fires back.

"GIRLS!!" Twilight interrupts.

The two mares looked up at the princess.

"Mint Chip, if your staying at anypony's house you have to ask before you touch their stuff. Noble Quill, you shouldn't be so mad at her for trying to help with your book and try hiding your typewriter if you don't want anypony to touch it."

The two smile at Twilight, then turn to each other.

"I'm sorry for touching your stuff." Mint said, looking at the ground.

"I'm sorry that I was so mad at you." Noble Quill replied.

The two hugged each other and turned to Twilight.

"Thanks, Twilight."

They walked out of the room as if nothing had happened. Twilight smiled. She had known those two when she was in Canterlot. Noble Quill was in Celestia's school and Mint would always come visit her from their hometown, Ponyville.

Suddenly a letter appeared for Twilight. It looked like it was from Princess Celestia. Twilight opened it with her magic.

Dear Princess Twilight,

I hate to inform you that Cadence and Shining Armor have gone missing. We do not know what has happened to them, but I believe that it is time to take Sketch to her real home.

The guards will make sure that Chrysalis and the changelings won't get her. I regretfully say that you mustn't come with her. Instead you must send her friends, because I have learned that they will be the new elements of harmony. I do believe I know which Elements they all are too.

Key Lime is the element of honesty. Dinky Doo is the element of magic. Screwball is the element of laughter. Star Sky, the element of kindness. Ice Rose, the element of generosity. And finally Sketch is the element of loyalty.

If you must send an adult with them, send any of your friends, I suggest Fluttershy, for she was the element of kindness but she is also firm.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

Twilight re-read the letter. Looks like she had to take the kids to the tree of harmony. Now.

——————

Cherilee looked out the window to see Princess Twilight Sparkle.

"Class, silent read until I get back. I have to talk to somepony."

The students all got out a book to read as their teacher walked out of the schoolhouse.

"What is it Twilight?" Cherilee asked.

"I need Star Sky, Sketch, Screwball, Key Lime, Ice Rose, and Dinky Doo. They will have to be taken out of school for a while."

Twilight frowned at the teacher and showed her the letter.

"Oh my. That's such a big responsibility for such young fillies and colts. It's terrible. I'll get them."

The students looked up as they heard the door open. Cherilee was back but not as happy as before.

"Sketch, Star Sky, Screwball, Key Lime, Ice Rose, and Dinky Doo you're leaving early today."

The 6 ponies grabbed their stuff and walked out the door to see Twilight.

"What are we doing, aunt Twilight?" Sketch asked.

"We're going to the tree of harmony. To get the elements back." Twilight replied.

"The elements? But I thought you guys put them back so the tree would be strong." Star Sky said.

"Well, the princess has told me we need them. Besides it's been about 17 years since we put them back."

"Okay then." Key Lime said.

"How are we supposed to get them?" Dinky asked, "Aren't you, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity the bearers of the elements?"

"Well, there are new bearers of the elements." Twilight replied.

"Who?" Screwball questioned.

"I'll tell you when we get there."

"Hey, aunt Twilight, guess what."

"What?"

"I got something at school today."

"An A+?"

"Other then that, my cutie mark!"

Sketch got in front of her aunt to show her. On her flank was a pencil and a paintbrush crossed like swords. There were the signature sparkles around them too.

"Oh my goodness, that's wonderful." Twilight smiled.

She noticed each pony had gotten their cutie mark. She hadn't been able to pay attention for a while, because of her royal duties.

Star Sky's was a telescope with stars above it. They had all been studying about Astronomy in class, and he learned that he knew all of the constellations and positions.

Key Lime had three pieces of key lime pie. In home ec. he got an A+ for making the best key lime pie.

Screwball had gotten hers after school yesterday, when her family went to a baseball game. It was a screw and a baseball.

Dinky Doo's was three golden sparkles. She had done very powerful magic in class.

Ice rose's was interesting. A Rose but it was made out of ice. Her special talent was creating unique beautiful things.

Suddenly there was a growling noise. It sounded like-

"Timber Wolves!" Ice Rose screamed.

Sketch flew in front of her friends and aunt.

"Stay away from my friends." She snarled at them.

They started running towards her and her horn started glowing a dark purple color, like her eyes. She blasted the wolves and yelled at her friends, ordering them to go. Dinky, Star Sky, and Screwball helped her by using their magic.

The timber wolves kept reforming and hitting the 4 ponies. They finally were down so the ponies were about to leave, when one of the wolves reformed, unnoticed, and bit Sketch's wing.

"Sketch!" Star Sky yelled. He flew over, then looked at the wolf with fury.

"NOPONY HURTS MY FRIENDS!!"

His eyes started glowing white and he fired magic at all the wolves and watched as they turned to ash. As his eyes went back to their golden yellow, he looked down at Sketch who layed in his hooves. Her eyes were wide with shock, just like the other ponies.

"Sky, you saved me." Sketch said with awe.

"Why wouldn't I?"

Sketch jumped on him, giving him a hug.

Sky's face had a pink tint on his cheeks and his ears. Twilight noticed this and smiled. Young love.

"Sketch, come here." Twilight said, "I brought bandages."

This would be an interesting journey.

——————

Sketch walked by Ice Rose and Dinky. They were helping her, just in case she passed out from blood loss. Her wing looked horrible. It was torn a bit, you could see her bone a bit. Blood leaked out of the tear.

"Girls, I'm fine." Sketch said.

"No you aren't." Star Sky said, "Hop onto my back."

He got down in front of her and pointed to his back.

"Sky I ca-"

"Now."

Sketch finally agreed and climbed onto his back.

"Thanks." Sketch whispered. She kissed his head.

"Don't worry about it."

Ice Rose smiled. It was so adorable.

"Don't worry my little ponies, we're almost there." Twilight told them.

"So, who are the new elements of harmony?" Screwball asked.

"I'll tell you once we're th-"

"We're here." Key Lime said.

"Fine. This will be shocking, but you are the new elements."

"I KNEW IT!" Dinky yelled.

"Huh?" Sketch asked.

"The way your aunt was acting made me realize we were the elements. She took us out of school, leading us to the elements without her friends. It's obvious."

"You surprise me sometimes." Key Lime stated.

"Thanks."

"How are we supposed to get the elements away from the tree?" Sketch asked.

"Dinky will use her magic to get them off." Twilight replied.

"Me?" Dinky asked. "Why not Sketch?"

"She's not the element of magic, you are."

"Are you sure?" Dinky asked.

"I am absolutely sure."

——————

The tree of harmony shone in the light of the sun. It was beautiful and in each spot was a different shaped jewel. In the center was a pink six pointed star and on the five branches were a orange apple, a blue balloon, a red lightning bolt, a pink butterfly and a purple diamond.

"They are beautiful." Sketch said in awe.

"Yeah." Star replied.

"How do I do it?" Dinky asked.

"Concentrate on the elements and focus on getting them down. Then you'll know which elements everyone are." Twilight replied.

A gold sparkly aura appeared around Dinky's horn and the elements. As she brought them down they changed shapes. The lightning bolt turned into a pencil, the apple turned into a lime, the butterfly into a star, the diamond turned into a rose, the balloon turned into a baseball and the six pointed star turned into a four pointed sparkle.

Dinky fell onto the ground as the elements went onto each pony as bright lights flashed from them. The jewels were now on golden necklaces.

"I'm the element of loyalty. Star is the element of kindness. Lime is honesty. Rose is genorosity. And Screwball is laughter." Sketch realized.

"Take the bandage off Sketch." Twilight ordered.

"Okay."

Sketch used her magic to unwrap the bandage on her wing. There was no longer a tear! It had healed because, of the elements.

"My Celestia, that's amazing." Dinky said.

"Yeah! I get to fly again." Sketch smiled. "Thanks for carrying me Sky."

"Why wouldn't I? We're friends."

"Yeah, friends. I would've done the same thing for you."

"Well, let's go kids, or you'll be late for the train." Twilight said.

"Train?" The children asked.

——————

"Here is your crown, don't let anyone see it. And keep your element in your bag." Flash gave Sketch her saddle bag.

"Don't worry uncle Flash, I got it." Sketch replied, "Besides Fluttershy, Discord, Rainbow Dash, and Soarin are coming with us."

"I know it's just that, Discord has a bad past."

"He's been reformed for like 16 years."

"I'll send a letter each week."

"All aboard, for the Crystal Empire!" A stallion yelled.

"Bye." Sketch said.

She hugged her uncle then ran onto the train.

The kids and the adults shared their own car together.

"Sketch, are you okay?" Dinky asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It just feels wrong to leave Ponyville, I've never even been to the empire."

"Really? But you were born there."

"Yeah, but Twilight never let me go. She thought it would be too dangerous."

"At least she was concerned for your well fair."

"Yeah, you're right. But I've always wanted to see the ponies there, and the castle where I was born. I've heard so much about it and it's history."

"Hey. Stop frowning, squirt." Rainbow said. "At least you'll finally see everything today. Besides we'll be staying there and you won't need to hide your horn anymore."

"Yeah, that's right. Plus Pinkie and Cheese said they'll come for your birthday tomorrow." Soarin encouraged along with his wife.

"See Sketch. There is nothing to be sad about." Fluttershy agreed.

"Here." Discord said.

He conjured up some apple cider and gave it to the filly. Just like Rainbow Dash, Sketch loved apple cider.

"Thanks Discord." Sketch smiled at the draconeques.

As they got to the empire, many guards stood waiting for Sketch and the others. The other ponies were confused about all the guards being there. It was a huge line of them, for some reason it reminded Sketch of the story Spike told her when she was at the farm being babysat by him and his wife, Applejack.

"Let's go children." Discord lead the children outside of the train.

The guards led them all to the palace.

"In 2 hours you will introduce yourself to the crystal ponies." A guard said.

"Great. Where are my parents?" Sketch replied.

Fluttershy looked nervous for a second but Discord calmed her down.

"Your parents are on a mission in Saddle Arabia, they said it may take years to finish." The guard answered.

"Oh."

"It's okay Sketch, I'm sure it won't take a really long time for them to finish their work." Rainbow reassured.

"I hope you're right."

Author's Note:

And this was probably a terrible chapter. I'm sorry, it's just I've had to get ready for school and I've been busy. So bye.

Comments ( 2 )

twist ending. The daughter meets a changeling who is the off spring of chrysalis and shining armor :pinkiegasp:
nah I will give this a try and see where it goes

Actually this is a good chapter. You earned another favorite, your welcome :pinkiehappy:.

Login or register to comment