• Published 10th Apr 2012
  • 1,962 Views, 29 Comments

Huggable So Soft Fluttershy - Glint



Fluttershy is so sad. However will she find somepony to cheer her up?

  • ...
3
 29
 1,962

So Soft My Little Ponies

Fluttershy walked through the streets of Ponyville with a covered cake carrier effortlessly balanced on her back. Her head darted to and fro, following every moving thing. Sometimes she would spot a little streak of white, and rush after it, dashing around corners, leaping fences, and poking her head into bushes.

She kept at it until the sun was almost completely set. She sighed heavily and turned to go home, when she heard movement in the bushes. Something small and white scurried out of the bushes and into the open door of the library.

Fluttershy approached the library deep in thought. She arrived with a smile on her face. She raised a hoof and gently knocked on the open door.

Inside, Twilight Sparkle was sitting at a downstairs desk, scrutinizing a bookcase across the room from her. Without even looking up, she said, “Door’s open. Come on in Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy walked in the door and set the cake carrier on a table. She removed the lid from it, revealing a carrot cake, lavishly covered with creamy white frosting, the top edge ringed with slices of carrot.

She gave Twilight a smile and a wink. “Oh, good evening Twilight,” she said in a sing-song voice. “I made this carrot cake for somebunny special. Isn’t it lovely?”

“Um … yeah. That’s … a nice carrot cake you’ve got there Fluttershy,” Twilight replied hesitantly.

“I was going to give it to a very special friend of mine for his birthday,” she continued. “His birthday was actually yesterday, and I forgot it. And I’m very very sorry about that,” she said with an exaggerated frown.

“Umm …” said Twilight, her eyes searching the room.

“But if he doesn’t want to have this scrumptious carrot cake that I made especially for him, I guess we’ll have to eat it ourselves,” Fluttershy said with a resigned sigh.

“Sure. Sure thing Fluttershy. I’ll get some plates and a knife,” said Twilight.

As she went across the room to fetch them, a tiny pair of eyes peeked out from a dark recess between two books at the bottom of a bookcase. A flash of white sped out of the hiding spot and secreted itself behind an unlit oil lamp on the table. A pair of eyes was barely visible behind the lamp glass. Fluttershy pretended to focus her vision on Twilight, but peeked at the lamp out of the corner of her eye.

Twilight floated a small stack of dessert plates and some silverware onto the table.

“Okay, Fluttershy, I’m ready to cut myself a big piece of this yummy looking cake,” she said, a little too excitedly.

As she licked her lips with an exaggerated motion and levitated a knife toward the cake, the face of Angel poked out from behind the lamp. He opened his mouth with a loud gasp.

“Oh, there you are Angel-bunny,” said Fluttershy in a sing-song voice, as she snatched up the knife with a wing. “You got here just in time. We were about to eat up all of your birthday cake. Don’t worry, I’ll cut you a nice big slice.”

Angel took a couple hesitant steps towards the cake, wiggling his little nose. Fluttershy gracefully swept her knife through the cake, cutting out a quarter of it. She lifted the big piece onto a plate, and pushed the plate toward Angel with her nose.

“There you go, sweetie. Happy Birthday!” she said.

Angel stepped up to the slice of cake. He sat on his haunches and peeked up at the top of the cake, which reached the level of his neck. He made a noise that sounded like “hmph,” and hopped onto the cake tray. Sitting in the empty space left by the removed slice, he opened his mouth wide and took a bite out of the cake.

Fluttershy heaved a sigh of relief.

“Well, that’s a crisis averted,” said Twilight with a smile. “Let’s celebrate!”

She levitated the knife and cut the quarter-cake into two pieces, and floated one of the pieces onto another plate.

Fluttershy daintily ate her piece with a fork as Angel continued to attack the main cake.

“This cake’s really good,” said Twilight. “Tastes kinda like Applejack’s carrot cake, but the frosting’s a bit sweeter and creamier. Also, she garnishes her carrot cake with apple slices,” she added with a slight grimace.

“I made it all by myself, especially for Angel’s birthday. The hardest part was tracking down Angel to give it to him,” Fluttershy said.

Twilight swallowed a mouthful of cake, and said, “I’ll never understand by anybunny’d want to run away from this cake. Mmm.”

Twilight magically lit the oil lamp, and looked at Fluttershy in the light. Leaves and twigs poked out of her mane.

“Wow,” said Twilight, floating some leaves out of her mane, “you chased him through a lot of bushes. You must have had a really rough time of it today.”

“Yes I did,” replied Fluttershy. “But I always find that my friends can help me get through rough times.”

Twilight Sparkle set her cake down and smiled at Fluttershy. “The fact that you let your friends help you through hard times shows that you’ve let us into your heart. With all the kindness you’ve shown Angel … me … everypony you know, we can’t help but want to show you the same kindness in return. When we help to make you happy, it makes us happy.”

“Aww,” said Fluttershy with a sweet smile on her face.

“And you understand it, too,” continued Twilight. “You know that you can make all of us happy –“

Fluttershy suddenly threw her forelimbs around Twilight Sparkle. Twilight hugged back.

“Oh, thank you, Twilight,” whispered Fluttershy, “That’s so sweet of you.”

In the light of a single oil lamp and the fading rays of the sunset, Fluttershy was tightly embraced by Twilight Sparkle, a friend who loved her, and understood her. Fluttershy rested her head on Twilight’s shoulder. Twilight gently kissed her on the cheek, then magically smoothed out Fluttershy’s mane as she pressed her cheek against hers.

Twilight enveloped Fluttershy. The last rays of the setting sun kissed Fluttershy’s mane. The lamp light caused a pile of Twilight’s books to cast a long dark shadow over Fluttershy’s back. The shadow complemented the dark purple of Twilight’s mane, which now nearly covered Fluttershy’s face. Fluttershy could feel Twilight’s heart beat as they held each other close. And a glow emerged from Twilight’s horn, lingering awhile as it swept through Fluttershy’s mane, depositing a few twigs on the ground.

Suddenly, light filled the room. Another lamp, this one near the front door, was burning bright. Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack stood just inside the door.

Twilight and Fluttershy separated. Twilight looked up at her friends and blushed. Fluttershy looked up at her friends, and did not.

“Say, Fluttershy,” said Applejack, “looks like you really needed all our help today. You doin’ better?”

“Yes, much better,” replied Fluttershy.

“You know, I was very happy to help you out this morning,” said Rarity.

“So was I,” added Rainbow Dash.

“Of course you were, silly,” said Pinkie Pie. “That’s the whole point.”

Fluttershy beamed. “Thank you for everything you did for me. I’m glad I could make you all happy. Making each of you happy was the highlight of my day. You are all my very best friends and I love you all very much.”

“Aww,” said all of Fluttershy’s friends in unison.

They all approached Fluttershy with their forelimbs outstretched, and gently embraced her. Friendly faces softly brushed against her cheeks, her chest, her shoulders, and her mane. Fluttershy was surrounded by warm bodies, warm smiles, and warm hearts. And they all belonged to good friends who loved her very much in return.

Comments ( 13 )

So, after writing my previous story, "Big Macintosh with Realisting Eeyuping and Nopeing Action," I decided to write something quick and simple before writing another ship story.

I looked at some fan art, and decided to write a "Fluttershy hugs everypony" friend-shipping story. Fluttershy needs and deserves lots of hugs. :yay:

I had a lot of fun thinking about exactly how each of them should hug Fluttershy. I knew this one wouldn't be as popular as my last one, but I'm glad I wrote it, and I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Simple, elegant, heartwarming and utterly adorable.

Just what I needed to brighten up my day.

Thank you.

Your tale of sweet, adorable friendship has struck me right in the D'AWWWWWWWWW. Well done.

:yay:

Have you ever seen something so fucking adorable you just want to punch it in the face? Im sry but that's how cute this is! WHY DO I HURT THE THINGS I LOVE?! :fluttershysad:

Seriously this is cute

a very adorable story..

All right, who rated this story thumbs down? Seriously? You must have no soul. :fluttercry:

I loved this story. Thank you.

That was a wonderful little pick-me-up, nothing like a little fluttershy kindness to brighten a gloomy day
Thanks for such a marvelous story :pinkiehappy:

To those who have disliked this story: GO BACK TO YOUR CAVES, PLEASE. YOU HAVE NO SOULS!
How can ANYONE dislike a Fluttershy story that's THIS ADORABLE?

mother of...


Yup. Worth it. :twilightsmile:

You know...it's not very often I find something that melts this old, blackened stone-heart of mine. You do well. Keeps writing.:twilightsmile:

A

...................................

Awww, adorable! :heart:

Login or register to comment