• Published 30th May 2014
  • 327 Views, 7 Comments

The Lost Element - Melodysings23



In the beginning, The Elements of Harmony were Laughter, Magic, Loyalty, Generosity, Kindness and Secrets. The Element of Secrets was unstable and tried to rule Equestria, but was destroyed. Now, after all of these years, The Element has returned.

  • ...
3
 7
 327

2: Melody

The pony in front of them was a unicorn. Her mane was short and wavy, midnight blue with streaks of purple. Her tail was equally as wavy and was of the same color scheme as her mane. Her face was young, kind and she had a scattering of freckles across her muzzle. Her cutie mark was a pencil with waves of music flowing from it's tip. The pony stood and and Celestia hugged her, throwing a hoof over the pony's back. Celestia had tears in her eyes and the pony had an expression of awe. "Tia! What happened to you?" The pony asked.

"Whatever do you mean?" Celestia asked.

"You're so... big!" And Celestia was big, compared to the pony, who only stood to Celestia's chin.

"I grew up." Celestia said smiling. "Melody, it's so good to see you."

"Didn't we just see each other a few minutes ago? Right before we defeated Dayea?" Melody asked, confused.

"That was over a thousand years ago, Mellie." Celestia said, her brow furrowed.

"What?" Melody said. "But where have I been since?"

"After we destroyed the Element, all of the other Alicorns disappeared, including you. I had no idea where you all went. I assume you have been right here, under the ground. There was a mist over you when I came. It must have put you to sleep, why you should have been released now, I don't know but..."

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash's voice called from the ground above. "Everything OK down there?"

"Yes, it's fine! We were just coming up!" Celestia called up to them. Rainbow Dash looked at the others, confused.

"We?" Celestia gracefully flew into the air, her wings carrying her up and out of the pit. Melody tried to do the same, but nothing happened. She looked at her back. It was bare. Celestia's eyes lit with kind understanding, and she used her magic to lift Melody out of the hole as well. When they were safely on the ground, Melody voiced the question preying on her mind.

"Where are my wings?" She asked, slightly worried.

"You are no longer the Spirit of Kindness. Fluttershy is." Celestia said, looking at Fluttershy, who blushed. "The Element must have recognized that and stripped you of your wings." Melody hung her head.

"Who is this?" Twilight asked, kindly.

"Oh! How silly of me to forget. This is my friend, Melody, a former Alicorn. Melody, this is Twilight Sparkle, a pupil of mine and her friends, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Spike and Fluttershy." They all have a nod and a murmur of greeting.

"Princess Celestia, I'm confused." Twilight said. "Who is she and why did she just appear in a hole!?"

"Let us return to the Castle, and I will explain, to both you and Melody."

-----------------------------------------------------------------@-------------------------------------------------------------------

"In the early days of Equestria, Luna and I created the Elements of Harmony, not as a way to war on other Kingdoms, but as a way to protect our own. Little did we know just how much power the Elements contained. They had minds of their own. They went and sought out a pony who was a model of the quality that Element represented. The Element of Kindness found Melody. They turned their chosen pony's into Alicorns. Those Alicorns were the protectors and keepers of the Elements there for named The Alicorns of Friendship. But, there was one difference in the Elements." Celestia looked at Applejack. "There was no Element of Honesty. Instead there was the Element of Secrets, based on the principle that a shared secret between friends can strengthen their bond. This Element was powerful and unstable, for while secrets can strengthen a friendship, it can also destroy it."

"The Keeper of the Element of Secrets, Dayea, had a wicked heart. She wanted the Alicorns of Friendship to rule Equestria instead of Luna and I. She tried to convince the other Alicorns to wield their Elements alongside hers as they fought to gain power. They refused and reported to me of what had happened. And so, we decided that The Element of Secrets was to be destroyed and replaced with a more stable quality, Honesty. The Alicorns stood together against Dayea, and used their Elements to destroy hers and create the new Element of Honesty. Dayea ran away into the depths of the earth and vowed to return and seek revenge. The other Alicorns disappeared from my sight and were never seen again." Celestia looked at Melody. "Until today."

"And why did ownership change after we had disappeared?" Melody asked.

"These six ponies claimed the Elements of Harmony and used them to defeat several evils that have faced Equestria." Celestia explained.

"Why did they need to be claimed? What was the evil that started it all?" Melody asked. Celestia took a sharp breath. "Not long after you all disappeared, Luna became jealous that everypony loved my daytime and resented her night. She refused to lower the moon and became Nightmare Moon, who vowed to keep Equestria in eternal darkness."

Melody looked shocked. "Luna? But she was always so kind!" Melody gasped.

"I know. Much to my grief, I had to banish Luna to the moon forever. But on the eve of the Summer Sun Celebration, Nightmare Moon returned, and these ponies wielded the power of the Elements against her to return her to her normal, kind form. She has been ruling beside me ever since."

Luna came galloping up the hallway. "Sister!" She cried. "It is time to set the sun, and raise the moon for another time."

"Indeed." Celestia said. They walked to the balcony and, in perfect unison, Celestia set the sun, and Luna rose the moon. Melody had seen it countless times before, but it amazed her every time. When the princesses returned from the balcony, Luna caught sight of Melody.

"Mellie!" Luna cried.

"Luna!" Melody said. And they hugged there were many tears. Melody and Luna had been very good friends, and Luna had been heart broken when Melody disappeared. Luna and Melody parted. "I am very glad to see you, but we can catch up in the light hours. I know you cannot stay up for long in the night." Luna said.

"Thank you. And it is no offense to you that I sleep through your night. Night is just as important as the day. We can rest and you get to Dream Walk, which I know you enjoy."

"I do not resent the day anymore, friend. You need not console me. I believe in my night, therefor, I believe others believe in it too." Luna said. She looked at the other ponies. "You may all take rest in the castle for as long as you like." And they all started to walk to the spare rooms they had stayed in before. Twilight made a point of walking next to Melody.

"Was Dayea really wicked?" She asked in a whisper. Melody shook her head so hard her mane quivered.

"No. Dayea was my friend. It was not in her nature to have a lust for power. I think that her Element infected her mind and made her go insane. I just hope that she is alright now."

Comments ( 6 )
Comment posted by Silver Starlight deleted May 31st, 2014
Comment posted by Melodysings23 deleted May 31st, 2014
Comment posted by Silver Starlight deleted May 31st, 2014
Comment posted by Melodysings23 deleted May 31st, 2014
Comment posted by Melodysings23 deleted May 31st, 2014
Comment posted by Silver Starlight deleted May 31st, 2014
Login or register to comment