• Published 30th May 2014
  • 348 Views, 10 Comments

Major Clankers tour in Equestria - BronyofMeddlers



A beacon has been activated far across space, old war veteran Major Clankers has been ask to go this world to find out who activate it, and possibly find remaining troops, the catch? He has to remain on the world for a year.

  • ...
 10
 348

Chapter one: Day 1: Meeting the strange locals

Author's Note:

Edit version to come.

Chapter one: Day 1: Meeting the strange locals

The forest of Hollow Shades is fill with the sounds of bugs and other creatures of the night as two foals move through with no care in the world.

Both foals are siblings, one sister, the other a brother. Yet two are born in different years, the sister is born two years older than the brother as she flies over him with a smile on her face. “Hang on sis! Let me catch up to you!” call out the younger brother, the sister grins as her wings flap twice.

“Sorry Thorja, but you need to fly in order to catch up!” reply his sister.

The moon light shine down as the clouds move away to reveal the two children, bat ponies or thestrals as they prefer travel through the woods in mere fun. The older sibling coat of light gray is her natural color, her dark blue mane and tail move as the wind gently push against it, her dark blue cat iris look down on her brother.

Her brother coat is of dark gray, his dark yellow eyes look up to his sister as his short black hair moves slightly from his running.

“Janixe! Come on sis, slowly down!” call out Thorja.

His sister decide to fly down and turn her head to see her brother catching up to her. He wheeze and gather his breath as he looks to his sister. “Sis, thanks.” A smile on Janixe return to her brother as they both look ahead of the trees and darkness with the moon to guide them.

Then before they even move a single hoof step they both hear something as two large yellow eyes look down at them.

The foals eyes widen in fear as they realize what it is. The eyes move as the structure of a Timberwolf look down on them, green liquid coming down it’s muzzle as two more came by it’s side.

The two foals legs can’t move from the sheer undeniable fear within themselves as they can only stand and look at the three Timberwolf’s, the first decide to play as it knows that it’s prey won’t go anywhere.

Then the other two begin to join the circle as they go around them in a slow motion, heads down and their fangs bare as they’re about ready to dine in, until something interferes.

All at once the predator and prey look up as they see something in the sky, that’s when the foals make their move as they both ran into the bushes and away from the Timberwolves. The first notice the prey running and howl as the chase begins.

The siblings move through the trees and bushes as they dare not to look back, otherwise they’ll never escape from their hunters, they dare not fly either, for they might get caught so easily.

Soon they enter into a clear area and slam their hooves on the ground as Timberwolf jump over and before them. The other two are behind the foals as they came even closer, the two hold each other and close their eyes as they pray that they won’t be separate from their soon to be death.

In a way, that pray is answer.

All at once they hear something, and soon see it as a big red thing from the sky falls down as it impact against the earth, moves and even flip until it’s standing tall fifteen feet from the five, the fire gone as steam show on the strange object, metal cover the entire structure in a strange design.

Then steam came out on one side as something is moving, revealing a strange creature coming out. It grab a metal club of sorts as the colors is of gray and black, a scar on it is face, it’s leg and some scratches on the body is showing on it, the thing look at the Timberwolves before cracking it’s neck and speaking a different dialect.

***

Day: 1 Landing

The pod move as first nothing happen, but the moment change when it begins to move. “What?” speak out Clankers as the pod move left and right as if it’s in a frenzy of sort, he grab onto the handles on each side of the pod as he brace himself for a hard landing, and indeed it is one as the bloody thing moves against something and flips around.

It finally stops as the pod went upright as Clankers let’s go, he press a few buttons to activate the release on the pod door as he went out to see a strange sight.

Three big wood creatures, in the form of canine’s of sort, with small equine creatures with bat wings and cat eyes, and interrupting whatever it is that’s about to happen before he came along. “Hmm, let see who’s the ones that got the brain here.”

He takes out Candash and remove the safety with a pump as he slowly walks to the five, one of the wood dogs decide to come straight at Clankers, his arms aim and fire Candash straight in the face as muzzle is remove and the body drop.

The two equines look in shock of the sudden death, the second canine charge at his left, while the other at his right. Clankers stand his ground and take out his right arm to act as a shield, while the other aim at the dog and fire when the beast came close in sight.

As the head explode the other take the chance and bite on the arm, but when the wooden fangs came in contact with the metal arm it stop, it became confuse as it can’t figure out why it don’t tear the arm off. Clankers place Candash on his back as he takes out his charger pistol, charge, aim right between the eyes, and fire.

The upper half burns as moments later the muzzle lets go as ashes remains of the upper half and the body drops. He turn his head as he see the other two slowly rising, he looks at his pistol as the heat went down and the ammo slowly charging back up, he sighs as he place it back on his left side.

He thought of using Candash but shake his head. Have to conserve ammo, can’t waste it on these small fries. Thought the Major as he decide to handle this the old fashion way, by an asskicking.

He crack his fist as he see the two regenerate back to themselves and snarl at him. “Come on, show me what you got pups.” Clankers insult at the two.

The first dog that attack him earlier jump at him again, seeing that he has no weapon on him, thinking that it will win the battle. It might be true if Clankers was a recruit, but he isn’t, no, Major Clankers is a old war veteran with tricks up those mechanical sleeves of his.

He duck under the dog, clench his right hand as he punch under the belly to force the dog to land on it’s right side, takes out his knife, and jump on the thing as he slam the knife down on it’s head as he stab right on the right side, he twist the knife in the head and left it there.

Usually he doesn’t do that, but being attack from the behind tends to do that to many people. Especially if they land on the ground flat on your face and is about to be bite on by a giant dog creature that wants you dead.

He can feel the creature trying to bite his neck off, for what good that might do, he place his hands on the dirt, move his legs as he slam his left leg right between the legs of the canine, and if he guess right then this mongrel might never get any pups for it own.

With a whine and the weight on the Major removes he went up with a pistol out in his hand, charge up, and blown the head of the canine as the body went down on the ground with the remains on top turn to ashes.

He place the weapon back in on his side as he turn to the knife holding canine and grab the blade out, wiping the sap off of it with the body, and putting it back into the sheath. He turn his head back to the pod he was reside in and ignore the two equine creatures until he get all of his gear out and his pod door close.

He takes out his metal backpack and remove his Candash as he place her on the thing, the same thing with the rifle as he place his bag on his back, he then press a few buttons under a cover to shut the pod and lock it.

He looks around to find a good high point, sadly there isn’t as he sighs and reach in his bag to get the map out, he take his left hand out of the bag to reveal a small circle as he press a button on it to show a 3-D map of where he is and where the beacon is locate at.

“Hmm, seems I’m way off of the course, who knows how long it’s going to be for,” then he notice it became static as the 3-D map disappears. “Strange, seems like since this world is interfering with the map somehow, I may need to find some locals to see the map they use around here and see how it goes from there,”

He turn his head to the two equines with large eyes looking at him and open mouths to reveal fangs around their teeth. “And speaking of locals.” he mutter as he turns and begin to walk toward the two little ones.

They raise their heads up as he walks closer, they haven’t move yet and no screaming from them, so that’s a good sign. He notice that they’re about the size up to his knees, and realize that him standing straight as he is might make them afraid of him.

So he bend his knees as he let his arms hang on his knees, thinking that this might ease the tension between them. He look to each of them as he speaks. “Hey there, you know where I am?”

Silence as Clankers sigh.

“Look, can you understand me?” Then that’s when they begin to speak, in a whole other dialect as they talk and talk and move around the Major as he sigh inwardly.

Well that answer my question, still maybe we can have some form of communication, question is how?

***

(The kids POV)

Thorja look at the tall creature as he move around him chatting with his sister. “Look at it sis! Metal all over!” His sister reply. “I think it’s a colt Thorja, I mean did you hear the tone of his voice?”

Thorja nod his head as they both stop moving around and talk to one another. “Your right sis, and did you see the scars on him? He must be a Guard!” said Thorja with enthusiasm in his voice, Janixe nod her head with the same as flap her wings in excitement.

“Including that thing he did with that small metal thing that was in his hand? You think it could be magic?” She ask, Thojra shrug. “I don’t know sis.” Janixe turn her head as she look at him and back to her brother.

“But what kind of Guard is he? He doesn’t look like a Day Guard, and not a Night one either!” she said as they both look at him, then to each other. “I know! Why not ask Grandma Fealis? She knows a guard when see she see one.” suggest Janixe, Thorja nod his head.

“Yeah! Except,” he turn to the gray and black metal stallion and back to his sister. “How are we going to lead him to the village?”

His sister think for a moment as she tap her right foe hoof on the side of her head. “Hmm,” Her eyes widen as she got an idea. “I know!” She flap her wings as she she fly above the metal being, he raise up as he look at her, she then grab it’s paws as she try to lead him.

Her brother then got the same idea.

“Oh I get it!” He slowly begin to flap his wings as he grab the other paw and the two foals begin to lead the metal Guard the way back to the village.

They lead him through the forest for fifteen minutes before being tired from using their wings, so instead they decide to walk their way back home, time to time the two foals look back at the Guard to see him still following them.

The two smile when they did see him follow the two youngsters as they see up ahead full view of their home, and soon they hear the voice of their mother.

“Thorja! Janixe! Where are you two foals?” The two race their way to their mothers arm. “Mom! You won’t believe what we found!” said Janixe. “Yeah, it’s amazing!” add Thorja.

Their mother fur is of a dark purple design, her wings are light purple color as she wrap her wings around them with her hooves. Her flank sit down as the cutie mark on it show of a pair of wings around a heart in protective form.

Her dark greens eyes look down the two to give them a scolding as her muzzle show a frown. “You two scare the wits out of me and the family! Where were you two?” The two foals realize they’re in trouble. “Well were just having fun in the forest,” start Janixe.

“Without telling anypony?” she said, causing them to flinch.

“Well, we were okay, until we got spotted by Timberwolves.” add Janixe.

“WHAT?” She shriek, their ears flatten as they try to explain more. “We ran away like we were told, but there were three.” told Thorja. “But how did you two got back?” she ask them.

Thorja and Janixe lift their smiles up to the sky. “Well that’s when we meet a Guard! He came down from the sky in a fireball and beat up the Timberwolves with his club and fist!” said Thorja.

She look at them in surprise.

“Guard?” she said, they both nod their head.

“And we didn’t know what kind of Guard he was, so we decide to take him here and let Grandma Fealis see for herself! She knows Guards like the back of her hoof!” told Janixe. “So where is this ‘Guard’?” their mother ask hesitantly.

They both point their hooves of the upcoming bipedal being. “Right there!” they both shout at once as their mother eyes look up, iris shrink and wide eyes as she see a tall metal being walking straight up to them, with a scar on the front, and on the legs.

It walk until it stop five steps away as it speaks in a strange dialect.

That’s when she scream.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment