• Published 3rd Jul 2014
  • 1,676 Views, 20 Comments

The Diamond Princess - TheEmpressEclipse



It was a tragedy. His life was gone in the blink of an eye, leaving his daughter all alone. Who will accept this broken filly, and help heal her shattered heart?

  • ...
2
 20
 1,676

Talking, and moving on.

Diamond awoke to the sun's gentle rays of light shinning on her face. She had a perfect sleep, and felt completely rejuvenated and ready to tackle the day! The first thing she did was find some paper, a quill and an ink well, and wrote a letter to Silver Spoon.

Dear Silver Spoon

I can't believe that I'm writing to you from inside Canterlot Castle! It's wonderful here,

there's so much to do, so much to see! And my room is massive! I can't explain how amazing it is,

you would have to come here and see it for yourself. I wish that I could tell you all about it, but

there's just to much to tell! I can't wait for you to come visit!

And another thing, I have a personal servant! How cool is that?! And Blueblood is just as bad

as Miss Rarity said he was! I'm not sure if I'm going to like having him as my cousin, but I really

like Cadence and Shinning Armour! I'm so excited to introduce you to them! You have to come

and visit SOON! I miss you!

Sincerely

Diamond Tiara

As she finished scribbling down her name, She folded the piece of paper in half and shoved it into a envelope. Then she ran out the door and straight into Black Cherry, who almost spilled her trays of Breakfast all over her new Princess.

"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!" Black Cherry said as she helped Diamond Tiara stand back up. "I'm so sorry Milady! I should have paid attention to where I was going!" As she continued to speak, Diamond couldn't get a word in edge-wise.

"It's al-" Diamond started.

"I mean you could have been seriously hurt!"

"I should have be-"

"I'll be more careful from now on! I promise!"

"No, really its o-"

"Just please don't fire m-" Diamond finally lost her patience. Not that she ever had much to begin with.

"SHUT UP, YOU FOOLISH MARE! STOP APOLOGIZING FOR SOMETHING YOU DIDN'T EVEN DO! JUST SHUT UP AND LET ME APOLOGIZE TO YOU!" Diamond breathed deeply as she tried to calm down. "Sorry for running into you."

There was an awkward silence.

"I'm sorry for making you mad......" Diamond's hoof quickly found her face.

She sighed. "Look, it doesn't matter. Just give me the food, and you can take this note to the post office." She said as she held out the note. Black Cherry didn't say anything, out of fear that she might further upset her new Princess. Instead, she just took the note and gave the breakfast trays to Diamond.

"Thank you!" Diamond said as she quickly dove into her room.

After eating breakfast like a proper lady, Diamond hurried out of her room to go find her adoptive mother. This time, she ran into Blueblood.

"Watch where your going you stupid foal!" He growled at her.

"Well, so-rry!" She exaggerated the word to show her clear disapproval of him. Of course, that rarely helps.

"Listen, You may be Aunt Luna's adoptive child, but your not part of this family, you have no place in this world, and you have no place in this castle! So the best thing for you to do, would be to leave!" He finished with his snout raised in the air.

"Wow, I'm impressed!" He looked at her with confusion. "I thought you couldn't look any stupider! But, guess I was wrong!" And with that said, she raised her own snout into the air, and paraded away. Prince Blueblood and her, would not get along, ever.

Once she had turned the corner, and Blueblood couldn't see her, she just started laughing. Not once in her life had she ever imagined that she would say something like that to Prince Blueblood! As she continued to walk, she just kept on giggling. Then she came across Cadence. Thankfully, she didn't walk into her.

"Oh, Diamond!" Cadence called. "I've been looking for you!"

"Why?" Diamond was a business mare, so she was always straight to the point.

"I was hoping you would take a walk with me through the castle gardens!" Diamond couldn't help but wonder if Cadence was always so happy, and..............smiley......

"Um, sure. I guess." She had been looking for Princess Luna but, she also wanted to know what Cadence wanted.

*************************************

They walked in silence for a while, every now and then Cadence would stop and look at a flower, but they mostly just walked in silence. Finally, they stopped at a gazebo. They both took seats across from each other, Cadence looked at Diamond and smiled. That smile of her's was actually getting annoying.

"So, how do you like it here so far?" She asked.

"It's great!" Was the filly's short reply.

"That's good!" There was an awkward pause. "So, what do you think of your new family?" She then thought about what she said. "Oops! That's probably too sudden! I mean we've only been, technically, a family for a day! I'm sorry for throwing the reality of the situation at you! Oh great! Now I'm making it sound horrible! I'm sorr-"

"STOP!" Diamond shouted. "Just breath already!" She waited patiently as Cadence once again began breathing. "One, ponies really need to stop apologizing to me, I'm not some fragile little filly who needs to have her hoof held. And two, other than Blueblood, I really like everyone here!"

Cadence smiled that now-irritating smile. "That's good. I was worried that you wouldn't like it here, or that you wouldn't like some of the ponies here." She paused. "By the way. Ever since I first saw you, I've been wondering, what does your Cutie Mark mean?"

Diamond sat there blankly. She had never really thought about it. She gazed back up at Cadence, the Alicorn waited patiently. "Well, I don't really know. I never really thought about it." Cadence looked intrigued, then the smile returned.

"It probably symbolizes that your as pretty as a Princess!" She exclaimed cheerfully. Just then Luna strolled by.

"Cadence," She began. "Do you mind if I borrow Diamond Tiara for a moment?"

"Of course not!" She looked back at Diamond. "Well, it was nice talking to you!"

"Yeah, you too." Diamond said as she stood up and trotted to Princess Luna's side.

They walked for a while, silently. It was like walking with Cadence all over again! Maybe it was a family thing. As they walked, Princess Luna began to hum. It sounded pretty, like a lullaby. Well, it would make sense for the Princess of the Night, to know some lullabies. Just about the time Diamond's hooves started to hurt, Luna stopped in front of a pond, and sat down. Diamond sat down as well, and, since Princess Luna wasn't talking, began to study the pond in front of her.

It was crystal clear and big, beautiful Koi fish swam around in it happily. A statue was planted in the middle, although Diamond couldn't tell who the statue depicted. He was a tall, handsome stallion, dressed in armor and holding a sword tightly in his teeth. Their was a plaque at the statues base, but it was too far away to read. Somehow, the life-less shape, made her incredibly sad. She reached her hoof up to her face, and realized that she was crying. She looked at Luna, and saw that her face showed sorrow, nostalgia, and guilt. But before Diamond could ask who the stallion was, Luna spoke.

"He makes you want to cry, doesn't he?" She continued to stare at the statue, and after a short pause, resumed her speech. "His name was Night Blade. He was a soldier under my command............And my best friend. At the time, I controlled the army and all of Equestria's forces, and he was my general. He was the only one who truly cared about me and my night. But, I was not allowed even ONE friend in that life! If it were not for him, we wouldn't have been able to reach King Sombra, and defeat him. I ordered him, to occupy King Sombra's army, long enough for us to defeat him, and he followed my orders faithfully. He held them back, even while his men fell all around him. We arrived in time to fight along side him, but, on my orders, he died fighting King Sombra's army."

Diamond looked from Luna to the statue, and realized why it looked so sad. He was cut and bleeding, he was clearly in pain. But he was smiling.

"I carved that statue hundreds of times, before I got it right. It was the smile that was hardest. I set it up in the gardens, but even with his statue, without him, I slowly lost my sanity. And before I knew it, I was all alone, on the moon. I'm glad that Celestia moved him here, even though I know it's not him, seeing his smile is of great comfort to me." Luna turned to look at Diamond. "But that, isn't why I wanted to speak with you."

Diamond turned away from the statues captivating gaze. "Then why do you need me?"

"Well, the matter of your coronation hasn't been settled yet!" Luna's smile definitely carried sadness, but there was more happiness.

"My-My coronation? As in, my crowing ceremony?" Diamond stuttered.

"That is what a coronation is!" Luna started. "Now, the first thing we should start with is the dress!"

They sat there by the pond, as Night Blade watched over them. Somehow, they got off topic, and started talking about random things. Either way, they missed lunch, and talked till the sky was graced with the many colors of the setting sun.

Author's Note:

I was going to finish this chapter, back in October, or September, I can't remember. But I decided to be lazy, again, sorry. Thank you all for being patient and thanks for reading!:twilightsmile:

~TheEmpressEclipse~

Comments ( 7 )

kinda quick phasin in the scenarios but besides that, i like it

5281756
Thanks! It's always nice to see that people care about my story. Sorry about the quickness of it all, but, I am an amateur writer. Thanks for reading what I have so far!
~TheEmpressEclipse~

5285290 i am a starting writer myself, anyhow, of you need help or anything, giive me a holler

5285296
Thanks!:twilightsmile:

~TheEmpressEclipse~

Ahem moarahem checking checking 123ah perfect MOAR!

5420333

Because I'm a terrible person! Muhahahahaha!


5664365

I'm trying, please be patient just a little while more.

TheEmpressEclipse

"Wow, I'm impressed!" He looked at her with confusion. "I thought you couldn't look any stupider! But, guess I was wrong!" And with that said, she raised her own snout into the air, and paraded away. Prince Blueblood and her, would not get along, ever.

*Hoofbumps Sis*

Login or register to comment