• Published 3rd Jul 2014
  • 1,676 Views, 20 Comments

The Diamond Princess - TheEmpressEclipse



It was a tragedy. His life was gone in the blink of an eye, leaving his daughter all alone. Who will accept this broken filly, and help heal her shattered heart?

  • ...
2
 20
 1,676

The New Life.

Diamond waited at the train station, patiently awaiting the arrival of her train. Silver Spoon was next to her, and a couple foals from the orphanage had also come to see her off. Then she heard the train screaming as it flew towards its next checkpoint. She turned to say goodbye to her best friend, but wound up getting tackled in a bone-crushing hug. After what seemed a millennia of getting squeezed to death, Silver finally let go and backed away to a reasonable distance.

"And don't forget to write!" She said. Silver Spoon never could do goodbyes very well, it made it seem like two ponies would never see each other again.

"Okay, I'll write whenever I get the chance." Diamond replied with a very small smile on her face.

Then the train screeched to a halt in front of them, and opened its doors, allowing passengers to flow in and out. Diamond climbed into one of the cabs and took a seat near the window, where she waved to her friend until she couldn't see her anymore. Sighing, she continued to stare out the window until the train stopped at Canterlot. The ride seemed to have only lasted a few minutes, but the clock tower said it was a few hours. When she stepped off the train, she was greeted by a pink mare with a very puffy mane that ended in a curl at the end of each main lock of hair.

"Um, hello? Are you Miss Diamond Tiara?" Her voice was very soft.

"I am." Diamond said.

"Ah, good! I'd hate to be running around asking random ponies if they were you!" She then seemed to notice that she was speaking really loud, and that everypony was looking at her. She blushed and then cleared her throat. "My name is Black Cherry, and I'm here to escort you to the castle." She was a lot quieter this time.

Diamond only nodded, and then followed the strange mare to the castle. As they walked, Black Cherry waved and said hello to a few ponies that they passed by, but Diamond just kept quiet and stuck close to her escort. When the castle came into view, the packs on her back seemed to gain weight. This giant stone structure was going to be her home, one of the Princesses was going to be her mom, the other was going to be her aunt and Princess Cadence was going to be her cousin, which meant that Prince Shinning Armour was going to be her cousin-in-law, which also meant that Princess Twilight Sparkle was going to be her cousin-in-law! The packs on her back got heavier.

"Here we are!" Black Cherry beamed.

Diamond looked up just in time and avoided walking face-first into the gates. That wouldn't have been a very good first impression. Black Cherry identified herself and Diamond to the guards at the gate, and the large metal barrier was soon removed.
Waiting just inside the gates were Princess Luna and Princess Celestia. Black Cherry immediately dove into a bow and Diamond followed suit.

"Rise." Princess Celestia commanded. They both rose to their hooves.

"Diamond Tiara, its good to see that you have made it here safely. You have all your things?" Princess Luna inquired.

"I do, your Majesty." Calling Princess Luna "mom" was going to take some time.

"Good." Princess Luna obviously expected that she wouldn't be called "mom" right-off-the-bat. "Come, we'll show you to your room and then maybe we can take you on a tour of the castle. Oh, and by the way, Black Cherry is your personal servant." Diamond's jaw almost fell off. A personal servant. There was no denying it now. Diamond Tiara, was the newest Princess of Equestria!

Diamond's room was huge, it was almost as big as her house back in Ponyville! It had pale pink walls, a big beautiful fireplace, a red sofa in front of the fireplace, red curtains, and a big canopy bed that had red blankets and golden bedposts. And that wasn't the half of it! There was so many wonderful things in her new room that she didn't even know what they did.

"Malady, shall I take your bags, so that you can tour the castle." Black Cherry's voice brought Diamond back to reality. But only for a moment. Diamond removed her bags as though she were doing it in her sleep, and clumsily pushed them in the direction of her personal servant, while she continued to stare at her room. Celestia and Luna couldn't help but giggle at the sight.

"Come now, if we do nothing but stare at your room, the sun will go down and we'll have to save the tour for tomorrow." Princess Luna said still giggling.

Diamond only became more in awe and wonder as she explored the palace. The halls were enormous, the room's were enormous, even the chandeliers were enormous. She walked around with wide eyes as she whipped her head from side to side, she wasn't going to miss one thing. Unfortunately she was only looking to the sides and not right in front of her, and she ended up walking right into someponies leg, and falling on her rump.

"Oops, I'm sorry. I should have paid closer attention to where I was walking!" Diamond Tiara followed the long pink leg until she found a face staring at her. "Are you okay?" The mare asked with concern.

Diamond hoped back onto her hooves, backed up a little, and bowed to Princess Cadence.

"Diamond Tiara, the adoption has already been finalized, you are now a part of this family, so you can stop bowing." Luna's voice trembled a little as she tried hard not to laugh and embarrass the filly.

"So YOUR Diamond Tiara!" Cadence said happily, finally putting two and two together. "I'm Cadence and this is.............Huh? I could have sworn that Shinning Armour was with me. Anyway! We're, like, cousins now! So, whenever I'm over, we can do all sorts of fun stuff together!" The Princess just rambled on about the various things they could do.

"Um, Cadence?" Luna said, grabbing the pink mares attention. "Can we save the plans to climb the Foal Mountains until after the tour?"

"Oh. Right. Of course." Cadence said with a blush. And so the tour continued, until they turned a corner and found Shinning Armour yelling at some guards.

"I don't care if your tired! If you fall asleep on the job, your practically inviting all manner of trouble into this castle!" His face was contorted into this almost evil frown. "If this job's too tiring for you, then QUIT!" He barked as he turned around to follow his wife, but found that she was standing right in front of him.

"You don't have to be so hard on them." Her voice was hard as she spoke.

"Yes, I do. If I'm not, then they'll slack off, and who knows what will happen next." He was trying to maintain his professionalism. Diamond had always been good at reading people, but it was hard to tell what he was thinking. Too professional.

"Shinning, they've been standing in that one spot, all day. They're tired, and all ponies need to rest." Now she was trying to reason with him.

"I agree. But if they DO take a nap on the job. A spy could get in, or an assassin, or even some bumbling fool!" Diamond was starting to like this stallion.

"Shinning-" She started again.

"Nope! Not gonna hear it!" His professionalism slipped for just a moment. "Cadence, if even one guard slacks off, that's putting everypony in this castle at greater risk than they already are." He opened his mouth to speak again, but he finally noticed Diamond who was sitting back listening to every word they said.

"Diamond Tiara, this is Shinning Armour. Shinning Armour, this is Diamond Tiara." Princess Celestia introduced them.

"Hello, sir." Diamond said, resisting the urge to bow.

"Hello." When he wasn't yelling, his voice was really sweet. "Diamond Tiara's a pretty long name, do you mind if I call you Diamond?"

"You know, your name's just as long, if not longer, than mine. So does that mean I can shorten your name?"

"Sure!" He laughed. "You can call me Shinning!"

"Alright. Then you can call me Diamond!" For the first time since she got here, Diamond felt comfortable in her new environment. But nothing ever works out to Diamond's expectations.

"What's going on here?" Everypony groaned when they heard his voice. Diamond looked to her left to see a handsome white stallion approaching. Blueblood. Everypony in Equestria knew who he was. And everypony in Ponyville learned ALL about him after the Grand Galloping Gala a few years back, Rarity was furious. "Oh, is that the filly that you adopted Aunt Luna?"

"Yes. Blueblood, meet Diamond Tiara." Luna said, with almost a twinge of annoyance in her voice.

"Sir." Diamond inclined her head towards him.

"Yes, yes, very nice to make your acquaintance." He looked to his Aunts. "I still don't understand why you adopted some random pony from Ponyville, but if you don't mind, I have other places to be." He said as he walked off.

"Well.........He's a ray of sunshine, isn't he." Diamond said sarcastically. She hadn't planned on making everypony laugh, but she did. She looked up in shock as Princess Celestia herself leaned against a wall to keep from falling over. Then she allowed herself to giggle, and then laugh. She hadn't laughed in what felt like a very long time.

The tour continued and nothing eventful happened. She ate dinner with her new family. And even though she didn't like him very much, Blueblood was also her cousin now. After they ate Princess Luna escorted her back to her room, it was late and Diamond was too tired to stand, so Luna tucked her into bed, and kissed her goodnight. And for the first night in ages, Diamond slept, without that black abyss filling her mind.

Author's Note:

Yay! A new chapter! And it only took me, like, a month to post it! Pretty impressive right? Well anyway, thanks for reading my newest chapter!