• Published 20th May 2014
  • 558 Views, 9 Comments

My Little Pony: Origins - Hazzel Nut



Have you ever wondered how some of the ponies came to be in Ponyville? For this young filly the answer may be more shocking than you would expect. Follow Suzzie as she takes a journey to find who she really is- or maybe what she really is.

  • ...
4
 9
 558

The Summer Sun Celebration

"Daddy, can you tell me another story about Mommy?" Suzie snuggled closer to her father as he poked at the the campfire with a stick.

"I would think that by now you would have all these stories memorized, Suzie-loo," he said.

"I know, but I like hearing you tell them."

He affectionately tousled his daughter's hair. "Ok, Squirt. Your mother..." He paused and looked up to the stars. "Your mother was an angel from Heaven."

"Was she really, Daddy?!" Suzie had heard this story a hundred times before but it was more fun to pretend it was still the first time.

"Oh, yes!" Her father continued. "Before we met, your mother would go on amazing adventures and protect the world from evil creatures."

"What kind of evil creatures?" Suzie asked excitedly.

"Every kind you could think of. Giant talking dogs, that kidnapped little kids; half snake, half bird creatures with the ability to turn you to stone; lions with scorpion tails. You name it, she fraught it."

"Even dragons!?"

"Definitely," he said. "But one day, when Mommy was going on an adventure..."

"She was attacked by an evil witch!" Suzie exclaimed.

"Yes. The evil witch used it's magic to turn her human and trap her on Earth."

"And then she met you and had me!" Suzie trilled happily. Then in a more somber tone she asked, "Daddy, why did Mommy have to leave?"

"Because it was her time, Dearest," He said, hugging her close. "The other angels needed her up in Heaven to help them fight evil."

Suzie looked up at her father. "Why didn't she take us with her?"

"I don't know, Suzie. Suzie..." Suddenly her father's voice began shifting to a higher, more feminine sound. "Suzie-loo... Scoota..."


"Huh, wha...?"

"Scootaloo! Were you sleeping?!" Asked Miss Cheerilee.

"Uhh... no," said the young filly, looking up from the puddle of drool on her desk.

"Then can you please repeat back to me what I just said?"

"Sure, you said 'Scootaloo, were you sleeping?'" Muffled laughter came from the class.

Cheerilee gave the orange pegasus a disapproving glare. "Very funny, Scootaloo. See me after class. Now as I was saying; every year we have the Summer Sun Celebration in order to commemorate the day Princess Celestia..."

Scootaloo sighed in frustration as she rested her chin on a hoof. It wasn't her fault that school in Equestria was just as boring as school on Earth.

Sure, for the first couple of weeks the newness of this strange world had been both refreshing and exciting. But now... After living in Ponyville for nearly two months, things were settling down and Scootaloo was starting to feel the onset of depression.

RINGGG!!

"Sounds like our time is up. Don't forget to stay up tonight so you can see the princess raise the sun," Cheerilee called out to her departing students.

Scootaloo walked up to Miss Cheerilee's desk with her head lowered.

"Scootaloo, is something wrong?"

"..."

"You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Now's your chance, Scootaloo. You should tell her what happened to you, it's not healthy holding all that inside.

Scootaloo sighed. "Well, to be honest... I'm actually a creature form a different universe, and I was turned into a pony and teleported here after both my parents died; and now I live alone in a junky old tree-shack that I found in the middle of Sweet Apple Acres."

"I'm serious, Scootaloo," said a frustrated Cheerilee. "Your penmanship leaves a lot to be desired, your school work is getting worse, and I've caught you sleeping in class three times this week! Have you even made any friends since you've moved here?" Miss Cheerilee asked in a soft voice.

"Yes!" Said Scootaloo defensively. "Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are my friends."

"What you have with Rainbow Dash is closer to hero worship and Pinkie Pie is friends everypony in town. What I mean is that you need some friends your own age." Miss Cheerilee sighed as Scootaloo looked down at her hoofs. "I'm going to write a note to your parents about your grades. I want you to take it home and have them sign it."

"But-"

"No buts! And if your grades don't improve soon I'm going to request a parent-teacher conference." Cheerilee finished the note and hoofed it to her upset student. "Go to the Celebration, have fun, and make some friends. Maybe you can find somepony to help you with your school work."


Scootaloo hopped on her scooter and headed into town to watch Rainbow Dash practice like she did everyday after school. Only today was a bit different.

"Yeah, yeah, that'll be a snap. I'll do it in a jiffy. Just as soon as I'm done practicing." Rainbow Dash said from the cloud she was resting on.

Scootaloo jumped off her scooter and perched herself on a nearby fence. Rainbow Dash was talking to a pony who Scootaloo had never seen before. She was a purple unicorn with a comically ugly manestyle.

Whoa, I didn't know there were dragons in this world, Scootaloo thought to herself after nearly falling over when she noticed the small purple and green dragon.

Scootaloo focused her attention back on Rainbow Dash just in time to see her clear the sky.

"Loop the loop around, and wham! What'd I say? Ten. Seconds. Flat. I'd never leave Ponyville hanging."

"YA! GO RAINBOW DASH!" Shouted Scootaloo. Her shoulders drooped a little when she realized Rainbow had not heard her.

"You're a laugh, Twilight Sparkle. I can't wait to hang out some more." Said Scootaloo's hero before zooming away.

After that Scootaloo decided to practice some tricks on her scooter. Even though she was getting pretty good at her stunts, and had already figured out how to use her wings to propel her scooter to faster speeds, Scootaloo still had a long ways to go if she ever wanted to be as awesome as Rainbow Dash.

"Hi there Scootaloo!" Said Pinkie Pie, materializing out of nowhere.

"AHH!" Scootaloo jerked the scooter sideways and skidded to a stop to avoid hitting the crazy mare.

"Whoa, that looked like fun! Do you know what else would be fun? A PARTY!!! This morning I saw a pony whom I've never seen before and if I've never saw her before that means she's new, 'cause I know everypony, and I mean everypony in Ponyville! And if she's new, that means she hasn't met anyone yet, and if she hasn't met anyone yet, she must not have any friends, and if she doesn't have any friends then she must be lonely, and that makes me so sad, then, just now, I had an idea, I must throw a great big ginormous super-duper spectacular welcome party and invite everyone in Ponyville! See? And then she will have lots and lots of friends!"

"What?"

"Silly filly, weren't you listening to what I was saying? Your invited to the surprise party I'm throwing at the library!" Said Pinkie

"Oh, when is it?"

"Right now!"

"Surprise!" Shouted Pinkie Pie along with several other ponies from town.

What... How did I get here? Scootaloo asked herself as she looked around the library.

Scootaloo walked around the library, playing the occasional party game; but when she saw the snack table, she spent the rest of the night eating. Once, when she had shoveled too much food into her small mouth, a cross eyed mare asked if she was half squirrel.

Usually the only food Scootaloo ever ate was the plainest of the plain. She had a job delivering the Sunday paper, but was saving her money in hopes of someday being able to fix up the pile of junk she lived in now. Or to buy an actual house when she got older. At the moment, because school was free and she didn't need clothes- which took some getting used to- her only expenses were food and water.

Soon the party ended and Scootaloo found herself at Town Hall.

She was sitting on the floor, looking at a table of food, trying to decide if she wanted to eat any more, when a unicorn filly trotted up to her.

"Hi! I'm Sweetie Belle," she said in a squeaky voice. "I was going to ask you if you wanted to hang out at Pinkie Pie's party, since you don't have your cutie mark either, but you seemed kinda... busy."

Miss Cheerilee's words rang through Scootaloo's head. Go to the Celebration, have fun, and make some friends. Maybe you can find somepony to help you with your school work.

Scootaloo smiled and said, "The names Scootaloo. I'd like to hang out, but do you think you could do me a favor first?"

"Sure, what is it?" Asked Sweetie Belle.

Scootaloo pulled out her note. "Can you sign this for me?"

"I don't know..." She said, reading over the note. "It doesn't seem right."

"Please, my parents would kill me if they found out about this!" Scootaloo gave the white filly her best pleading look.

"Oh, alright. What are your parents names?"

"Uh... Just write 'Scootaloo's mom' and 'Scootaloo's dad'... What?"

"Oh, nothing," said Sweetie Belle as she scribbled on the paper.

"Shhh, it's starting," whispered a nearby filly with a pink bow in her red mane.

"And now, it is my great honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land," began the mayor. "The bringer of harmony to all of Equestria... Princess Celestia!"

At this the balcony curtain opened to reveal Princess Celestia. Only instead of the princess coming forth a dark blue mist seeped out from behind the curtains and consolidated into a large black alicorn with a flowing mane of deep blue starlight.

"AHH!"screamed the three fillies, now huddling together.

"Oh, my beloved subjects. It's been so long since I've seen your precious, little sun-loving faces." The words flowed out of her mouth with a bite.

"What did you do with our Princess?!" Screamed Rainbow Dash. She tried to fly at the mysterious mare but was held back by another pony.

"Get her Rainbow Dash," whispered Scootaloo under her breath.

"Why, am I not royal enough for you? Don't you know who I am?" Asked the dark alicorn. "Does my crown no longer count now that I have been imprisoned for a thousand years? Did you not recall the legend? Did you not see the signs?"

"I did." Twilight Sparkle boldly proclaimed. "And I know who you are. You're the Mare in the Moon – Nightmare Moon!"

Scootaloo heard the two fillies beside her gasp.

"Well well well, somepony who remembers me. Then you also know why I'm here. Remember this day, little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the night will last forever!"

Lightning flashed down from the ceiling as Nightmare Moon cackled. The royal guards jumped into the air and tried to seize the dark princess, but were stopped when she dissolved into a mist and shot out the door into the forever night sky.

Author's Note:

Happy friday the 13th everypony, and thanks for reading!

I'm working on a new story, so please follow me if you want to read it.

Also there's a full moon tonight! and its my birthday!

Comments ( 1 )

Wait wait-no pony questions? I wonder..

Login or register to comment