• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 2,556 Views, 93 Comments

A Dark Shade of the Past - InfinityBreach



You can't always judge a book by its cover. When you meet someone who controls darkness though...

  • ...
5
 93
 2,556

Victory

A Dark Shade of the Past
by InfinityBreach

Chapter 18: Victory

"Sigh..."

"What's wrong?" A blue pony walked up to a grey… horse?

"The darkness inside of me. It's getting stronger, and I have no means of releasing it."

"Well, why not?" she asked.

"We operate Gaia too well. There aren't ever any enemies I can release my darkness upon in a battle to sustain myself. Instead it keeps piling on inside of me… It's getting a bit out of hoof."

""Hmm. You know how Unicorns and Alicorns are constantly building up magic? That's just like you, except its darkness. Whenever we create too much, we give an extreme burst of magic to help even out the levels inside of us. I know you can't do that, but other times what we do is spread them to each other, or even non-magic using ponies to give them a boost. I imagine it should be the same." She stopped for a second, letting it sink in. "If you're worried you might go haywire, why not give me some of your darkness?" she said, her light blue mane flowing in the wind.

"Give you some of my darkness? I can't do that! You and I both know that darkness is not a good thing. I can't be going around giving it to my best friends, just to help myself!"

"Listen, -. I'm your friend. Friends help each other out with their problems, and help share a burden. Now as for the darkness. While it is evil, you are not. You are the most generous being I know. If you have so much darkness inside of you, and you are still normal, then I believe I am quite strong enough to handle a little bit of it. Now please, I would rather have you live to see another year then see you lose control."

They grey one nodded his head slightly. "While you may be right, I still don't know about this."

"Trust me. Everything will be fine." She said, a smile on her face.

"Well… if you say so. I hope your sister won't be mad at me for this."

"Hahahaha! If she is, then she will have to take it up with ~~~~~. ~~~~~ told us to always work together, because that's how harmony will be retained throughout the world!"

The grey one smiled at this. "Heh. That's true. Well, okay. Here goes."

He slammed his hoofs to the ground, and there was a flash.

The grey one had more color in him now, he was a darkish white compared to his once pure grey form.

"Ah, that feels a lot more better… How do you feel? Anything strange?"

"I feel fine," she giggled.

There was a table, six entities around them.

There were the two from before.

One was a pony with pink hair and a white body.

One was a dragon with a brown body and grey wings.

One was some sort of pony-insect hybrid, with yellow eyes and a shiny black body.

One was a stallion of some sort, he glowed a light teal color and had a resemblance to a cloud.

The grey horse stood up and spoke.

"Depending on the circumstances in the world, my darkness grows. The worse off the world is, the stronger the darkness is. The best way to imagine it is something like this. Every day, my darkness grows by .01%, however the worse off the world is, the more that percent can increase until the world starts getting better again, in which case it will lower. Either way however, the darkness will keep rising until I can barely contain it."

"So why are you telling us this?" The one with a pink mane and white body said.

"Because, I wanted to ask you all, if I begin to get overloaded, could I give you a part of my darkness? Because of the fact that you all are guardians of light, I can give you certain amounts of it and it will just decrease in value. However because I'm a guardian of darkness all it does is grow for me."

"Bahahaha!" The draco laughed. "Just because you happen to be a guardian of darkness doesn't mean you aren't a guardian of light aswell. You are in The Element of Harmony, am I right?"

They grey horse let out a chuckle. "Indeed."

The white pony stood up. "Is this why you called an emergency meeting?" She asked, smiling. "Don't you realize we are your friends? We must all carry the burden of together, as to help each other."

"Thank you, so much. I really appreciate everything you all have done for me."

"Hey now, you've done a lot of things for us too! You're the most amazingly awesome horse I know!" the insect-pony said.

"Well, I do believe it is time for a meeting with ~~~~~, again." said the cloud-like stallion.

"Ah yes, mother. She hasn't been looking very good lately has she?" the white pony said.

I slowly opened my eyes. I could feel an intense burning sensation on my neck.

My eyes widened as I saw a purple pony thrown across the room. "TWILIGHT!"

"Agh.. Eclipsal, run…" she muttered before going unconscious.

I ran up to her and grabbed her slinging her across my back. Looking around, I noticed that there was a white smoke hanging from the top of the room.

"We need to get out of here…" I said to myself.

I began running for the stairs, but could feel the fog growing stronger as I ran.

'What the heck is all of this?' I thought to myself, as I zoomed down the stairs.

Thunder was flashing in the small confines of the room, and lightning appeared to be falling from the fog set ceiling. I ran for the door, trying to escape as fast as I could, when I heard galloping from behind me.

Assuming it must be the assailant that attacked Twilight, I ran even faster putting everything I could into my hoofs. Magic was forming around them and I could feel the air fly by me as I ran through the forest.

I slowed down after having ran for a few minutes. "Did I lose whatever that was?"

"Not likely."

All of a sudden, I got hit in the gut, throwing me out into a bed of blue flowers at my side. When I fell to the ground in agony, I could barely breathe with the pollen from the plants going into my lungs.

I coughed heavily, getting up as quick as I could to fight off whoever this was, and protect Twilight.

"Pitiful pony." Said a voice from my right.

I looked to see a white mare staring at the limp form of Twilight on the ground.

"Not so strong without your friends, now are you?" she said.

I ran towards the white mare, and attempted to knock her away from Twilight. She sidestepped my attack, and took a few steps back.

"My, my. What a surprise. You've teamed up with those… things. Even after what they did to you." She said, sneering all the while.

"I… I don't know what you're talking about, but you will leave Twilight alone. I won't let you hurt my friends!" I yelled at her, feeling a strange rage in my voice.

She began giggling, and then started maliciously laughing while pointing at me. "You really don't know who you are do you? Why you're here, what your job is, you really don't know."

I tilted my head at her, now curious as to what she was saying. "What do you mean?"

"Heh. I'll let you figure that part out yourself. I still need you for the future."

I heard a groaning sound from behind me, and turned around in time to see Twilight get up.

She looked at me, and then at the white mare that was up the hill from us. "Do you know who this is, Eclipsal?"

I shook my head, then asked, "Do you know who she is?"

She shook her head. "I have no idea who this is. However…." She took another look at me.

"What?"

"She's a horse, like you." Twilight said, her eyes crossed in the direction of the white horse.

"Heheheh. You definitely seem more observant than when I last met you, Twilight." The horse said.

"What? I don't know you!" she said, glaring at her.

"Let me help you remember then. Summer Sun celebration, the being you hit with your demented blast of light." The horse stared at Twilight, waiting for her to comprehend. "How about I give you another hint, just in case you are still as dumb as I remember you. My name is Nightmare. Victorious Nightmare. Also known as one half of the being that makes up Nightmare Moon. But feel free to call me Victory."

"What? That's… that's not possible! We got rid of you when we used the Elements on you!" Twilight yelled at Victory.

"Bahaha! You really think the Elements did that? You silly little foal, all they did was free me from that stupid princess's body. I admit, they did make me go into recovery in that castle for a few years, but thanks to your friend here," Victory gestured at me, "I now have enough power to take over the world, if I want to."

"Not if we have anything to say about it!" Twilight said, as I got ready to attack right beside her. "Now I'm going to send you back to where you belong!" Twilight then appeared to have a very concentrated face on.

The white horse slowly began heading towards us.

"Twilight, whatever you're doing, you should do it fast!" I whispered to her.

"I…" she mumbled.

"What?"

"I… can't use my magic." She muttered in despair.

"Poison joke tends to do that to you, idiot." Victory sneered.

"What? Oh.. oh no." Twilight looked around in the flowers we were standing in.

"Enough with wasting time." Victory began. "It's time I do what I need to do."

I heard a crack of thunder go through the sky, and then I felt myself being hit by a never ending current of lightning.

Author's Note:

(A/N) Yes! I uploaded when I want to! Awesomesauce! :D Anyway, for whatever reason a few of you didn't understand the last chapter, and I have no idea why. Hopefully everything makes sense in this chapter, but either way I'm giving you guys a brief explanation of the last chapter.

Explanation: Twilight and Eclipsal went to the crater where Eclipsal was first found, and upon thinking about it, Twilight decided to go to the castle where they fought Nightmare Moon (It was never said, but it was heavily hinted), because Twilight figured that some of the evidence pointed towards the castle. Weird magic, the opening where Eclipsal came through the forest originally, etc. So as it has been shown in earlier chapters, whenever somepony says something that specifically reminds Eclipsal of his past, his head begins to start hurting as a side effect to his amnesia. So Twilight was talking, and it triggered a type of flashback for Eclipsal.(Also, did you know that everytime before Eclipsal got a headache, the pony to speak right before him said A FEW SPECIFIC WORDS that triggered the headaches?) Anyway, he sort of saw what happened in the castle when Twilight was talking to Nightmare Moon before they used the elements on her. Why? I can't tell you, because that's a spoiler. Point is, in his own way he figured out what element was connected to what pony, just like Twilight did in that episode. The dialogue is from that episode too. So the only thing I have to explain is what the spark is. However, I won't. This series requires that you KNOW about MLP:FIM, and I don't know if I wasn't specific throughout the chapters, or if somepony wasn't paying attention, or what, but the whole point about this story is that everything connects at the end.

In other news, my house has come upon an insect infestation and I have to clean all of my clothes and get a new mattress. My life is totally awesome. *sarcasm* Anyway, onto reviews, and I hope you all enjoy this chapter. It's super long.

FanFiction:

American-agent12- Just did :)

MaDmAN12435- I hope you do now.

RU771AN- Thanks :D

eric- Yeah, I know it is. The way I write is weird, kind of akin to Kingdom Hearts. Everything is all separate, but it fits together in the end.

Jack Chris- Thanks! :P

FiMFiction:

Bookmaster- Thanks lol I honestly didn't know I was good at writing epicly.

valientfan25- Oh it doesn't just ensue. It continues.