• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 2,551 Views, 93 Comments

A Dark Shade of the Past - InfinityBreach



You can't always judge a book by its cover. When you meet someone who controls darkness though...

  • ...
5
 93
 2,551

Taken Over

A Dark Shade of the Past
by InfinityBreach

Chapter 19: Taken Over

*Twilight's POV*

I saw lightning about to hit Eclipsal, but I couldn't react in time to save him. I could do nothing but watch and listen as he screamed in agony from the forced volts entering his body.

'Nononono… What do I do?'

His eyes glowed brightly as he floated higher into the air, the smell of something burnt lingering in the air. I could barely stand the smell of it.

'I have to save him.'

I turned to face Victory, only to notice she was gone.

"Looking for me, Twilight Sparkle?" I heard a demented voice say from behind me.

Turning around I saw her, Victory, fusing with Eclipsal. His body appeared to be disintegrating as her body took over the space that no longer existed.

I looked in despair as my friend was being torn apart right in front of me. Just before he disappeared completely, I saw him open his eyes, and I heard his voice.

He looked straight at me, and said with his last bit of power, "Twilight. Run. I'll do my best to hold her off."

"You think you can overpower me, you insolent fool?!" I heard Victory yell. I didn't turn to look, but I knew Eclipsal was doing his best to keep her at bay.

I ran as fast as I could through the Everfree. 'I have to get to Ponyville to warn the others!'

My body was failing me the more I ran, however. The poison joke must have thought that it this was funny. 'Stupid plant…'

I galloped by as trees zoomed by me, a few even tripping me and messing up my steps. I finally cut through an opening, to see that Ponyville was on the horizon. This only raised my ambition to get there.

'My friends may be the only thing that can save him.'

*Luna's POV*

I rode in the Royal carriage, awaiting my meeting with Twilight Sparkle, and her friend… Eclipsal Shade, was it?

The captain of the Night Guard sat in front of her, listening to the sounds of the air shifting around them.

"We..I wonder why ou-my sister does not like the idea of me going to Ponyville to meet this new citizen." I said, trying to start a conversation with Tarnished Sword.

The captain gave me an odd look, then replyed. "Are you having trouble with your speech again? It sounds like you're stuck in the 'royal we' mode again."

Luna blushed slightly at this, feeling embarrassed, until the captain continued speaking.

"I don't know why Princess Celestia wouldn't want you in Ponyville. It's a nice enough place. She did seem pretty adamant about you not going there, for whatever reason."

I heard loud bang sound in the distance, that brought shivers up my spine. It sounded just like-

"You sure we shouldn't turn around, Princess Luna? You look like you're going to be sick." Tarnished said, looking at me with her concerned eyes.

"We'l… I'll be fine." I said, shaking my head. 'You can't think of those times every time you hear lightning, Luna.'

"Ah, we are coming upon Ponyville now, Princess." Tarnished said, looking out the carriage.

"Please, Tarnished, just call me Luna. We are close enough for you to call me by my name." I said, giggling.

Tarnished gave a half-smile back. "My job is to protect you, and to maintain your status of royalty." Then Tarnished punched me lightly in the shoulder. "So we can grab a cider when I'm not on the job, got it?" she then giggled.

I let out a laugh too, nopony makes me laugh quite like Tarnished does.

"Hm? Isn't that Twilight Sparkle?"

I took a step out of the carriage, to in fact see Twilight galloping towards us, fur on end, bruises slightly visible all over her body, and her horn sprinkled with random blue dots.

"Twilight Sparkle! What has happened?" I said, teleporting her in front of me.

"It's… Elements! Nightmare! Eclipsal! She has Eclipsal! We have to save him and get the Elements!" Twilight said incoherently.

Tarnished and I gave each other a look. "Twilight. Slow down, and say what is wrong, clearly."

"It's Victory! Victorious Nightmare! Nightmare Moon! She's back, she's here, and she has my friend Eclipsal! I couldn't save him! My magic…" Twilight sobbed to herself, mumbling more words incoherently.

I took a step back, my eyes widening. Victory. This can't be possible!

"Captain." I said.

Shocked that I used her rank instead of her name, it was obvious Tarnished knew this was important.

"Yes, Princess?"

"Arm yourself. We are going to go save somepony."

*Oh hai we are back to Eclipsal's POV*

I forced myself to stay conscious, and stay in control. I could feel my very skin being burned off as volt after volt launched itself through the non-Victory part of my body.

"You think holding me back will save you?" Victory laughed. "Nopony can save you. Thanks to the Poison Joke, I will soon have full control of your body, and can tap into your magic to replenish myself."

"And how do you know I won't stop you?" I asked, scowling.

"Doesn't my name make it obvious? I am Victory. I always win."

"Twilight defeated you before. I saw it. She can beat you again."

"Wahahah! You think she beat me! No, she merely beat that useless princess you are friends with."

"I'm not friends with a princess!" I muttered to myself.

"Oh right. You don't remember. How about I tell you what happened then? You created me. You created all of the.."

A strike of magic hit us from the back, sending us flying out of the lightning.

"Argh… No!" Victory yelled, looking at our attacker.

I saw a dark blue mare with a moon-shaped icon on her chestplate, and a flowing mane that was as dark as the night, but sparkled in various places. Her eyes stared at us in utter horror, and anger.

"We-I won't let u-you harm this citizen of ou-my country!" the mare yelled, her horn charging up for another attack.

"Having a tough time with the words there, Luna? I figured you of all ponies would remember: You and I aren't a 'we' anymore. As soon as I take over this idiot, I will have more than enough power to take you on." Victory sneered at Luna, attempting to get up, with me holding back.

"You bucking idiot! Just let me take you over all ready!" Victory yelled at me.

"Like I would ever let you take over my body just to hurt my friends!" I yelled back, forcing her to stay down where we started instead of advancing forward.

"You, Eclipsal! Are you alright?" Luna asked.

"Other than being attacked by a mare, this is a walk in the park for me." I said.

Luna nodded. "If you are fine enough to make jokes, then you are fine enough to hold her back."

"There isn't anything that can hold me back!" Victory screeched.

"Then why haven't you moved yet?" Luna sneered at her.

"… Well that doesn't matter anyway. This idiot here is infected with Poison Joke. There is no way he will last long enough for you to get a cure for it anyway. As long as he is affected by it, I will still maintain dominance." Victory gave a snicker.

"Oh, so the Joke is giving you the power to take him over? Well then, want to hear the punchline?" Luna asked.

Next thing I knew, I was slammed in the face with a glass vile filled with some strange liquid, knocking me unconscious.

Author's Note:

(A/N) Wassup everypony! I've been having it pretty easy this week. Got my room cleaned, been relaxing, playing Pokemon, reading fanfictions... anywho. Chapter 19. Wow, hard to believe I'm almost at 20. Weird thing is, I assumed that me writing this story would only take around 20 chapters. Man, was I wrong. This is just the first of six arcs, and this one is almost over. Yes, I did have this entire story planned out before I started writing it, which may surprise some of you because it feels like I'm winging it, but really I know exactly how this story ends, and every detail from here until the end. The tough part is writing it all. Again, before I get even more off topic, I want to change the name of this story, because honestly, who would want to read my story? Generic title is generic. So yeah, to help draw in more attention, I want to change the name of it, but I have no idea what that name should be. Which is why I want you guys to help me figure it out! Just leave your own opinions of what the title should be in the reviews, I'll read them all, and then if I'm stuck between two titles, we can have a small poll to figure out which one it should be. You don't have to participate in this, but it would be greatly appreciated :)

FanFiction:

N/A

FiMFiction:

Cloud Nova- Thanks! You rock! Woohoo!

valientfan25- Thanks, lol. Yeah, I do it for the plot. Bl