• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 2,551 Views, 93 Comments

A Dark Shade of the Past - InfinityBreach



You can't always judge a book by its cover. When you meet someone who controls darkness though...

  • ...
5
 93
 2,551

Summer School

A Dark Shade of the Past
by InfinityBreach

Chapter 24: Summer School

I already searched Ponyville looking for a certain violet Unicorn. Apparently everypony was busy getting ready to celebrate something called 'The Running of the Leaves'.

'Now that I think about it, didn't Twilight say something about that before?'

It was a good thing I told Applejack, Pinkie, and Fluttershy what happened. I doubt I would be much help, since I obviously have no idea what I'm doing. 'They probably already found her, I bet.'

I was somewhere between Sweet Apple Acres and Ponyville, when I saw a massive rainbow streak fly across the sky. I soon realized it was Rainbow Dash herself, flying off somewhere.

"HEY, RAINBOW!" I yelled up at her. She wasn't able to hear me though, and kept flying to her destination.

'I guess I better go inform her of Twilight too. Rainbow would be able to find her quicker, she can fly after all.'

So, I took off in a run, following the straight rainbow that painted the sky.

It took me about 5 minutes until I realized that I completely lost track of Rainbow.

I was now in some forest that was covered in orange leaves, with a few tables set up at odd places.

I slowed my run down to a trot, and mindlessly walked through the forest, looking up at the colorful leaves.

I walked for a couple of minutes down a path, and saw some sort of big balloon in the distance.

I reached the balloon, only to find none other than Rainbow and Pinkie, messing with the huge balloon, surrounded by ponies setting up decorations, and a huge banner that said 'Running of the Leaves'.

I could hear Pinkie talking to Rainbow as I went up to them. "So yeah, Dashie this really really really important that you come and help me find Twilight! We haven't been able to find her yet, and Eclipsal said that she was acting all weird and is overworking herself! If we don't find her soon, who knows what could happen! I mean, remember when she.."

Rainbow put a hoof up to Pinkie's mouth and sighed. "Pinkie, I think Twilight should be fine. Probably has to take a break from everything that's been happening lately. I mean, she isn't the same mare we used to know, she's learned to deal better with stress."

I interrupted her and said, "Well, she's been missing since last night. Since Pinkie is here, I'm guess you haven't found her yet?" Pinkie let out a sigh. "Hey, Eclipsal. And no, we haven't."

"Missing since last night?" Rainbow asked, her face donning a slight worried look. "Well… why is she acting like this, then?"

"The way Spike put it is that this is exactly like the time that Twilight put some enchantment on a doll, or something. He thinks she's worried over some stuff with the princess's we found out last night." I said.

"The time she put an enchantment on a doll…?" Rainbow thought for a second, before her eyes widened in fear. "Do you mean Smarty Pants?"

"Yeah, I think so." I replied.

Rainbow groaned, holding her head in her hooves. "Oh Celestia, this is bad."

"Yeah! Which is why we need to FIND HER!" Pinkie yelled.

"Yeah, but of all the times… someone needs to be here to fix up the preparations for the Running of the Leaves. With all the destruction that happened during the storm though, most of the materials are going to rebuilding houses. Ugh, what am I gonna do?!" Rainbow landed on the ground, trying to think.

"… Pinkie, do you think you could take over my job here, while I go with Eclipsal to find Twilight?" Rainbow suddenly asked.

"Sure thing, boss!" Pinkie said, raising a hoof up to her forehead, with a bunch of decorations around her.

'Wait, where did those come from?'

I wasn't able to finish that thought, as Rainbow had already gone airborne, and yelled down at me. "Eclipsal, try to stay under me. I'll take the sky, you take the ground."

I nodded my head, and began to run again to keep close to Rainbow.

We eventually made it into Ponyville again, when Rainbow flew down next to me. "I didn't see anything even remotely purple on the way here. You said you checked all throughout Ponyville, right?"

"Yeah, I did, wasn't able to spot her anywhere. But you probably know the town better than me, so you might have a better chance at finding her." I said, looking at all the ponies moving around the town.

"Is there anything else you might remember from last night that could help us locate her?" Rainbow asked, her eyes moving across the ponies in town as well.

I thought for a second. "She said stuff about the school."

"Then we should go there and ask Cheerilee! She might have seen Twilight earlier!" Rainbow said, floating back into the air. "It's this way, come on!"

We ended up at the entrance of the school, and walked into a room, to find a tired looking magenta pony, who was watching some fillies playing outside through a window.

"Hey Cheerilee." Rainbow said, flying up to her.

"Oh hey, Rainbow Dash. It's nice to see you. Are you here to see Scootaloo during recess again?" Cheerilee asked, yawning afterwards.

"No, actually I wanted to ask you if you've seen Twilight today?" Rainbow asked, as I watched the fillies playing around outside. I could see a grey one with blue glasses and a pink one with a crown of some sort, messing with a three of the other fillies, one of which I recognized to be Applebloom, from one of the many breakfasts at the Apple Family's house.

"Yeah, I saw her earlier this morning in fact. She woke me up early to deliver some lesson books, and I wasn't able to sleep again after that." Cheerilee responded. I could see tears coming down the face of Applebloom. The white filly next to her hugging her, and trying to calm her down. I couldn't take it anymore, and ran outside.

"Blank flank, blank flank! You'll never be able to get your cutie marks! You're just that pathetic!" chanted the pink filly. I could hear an echo inside of my head, giving me a headache. 'You're pathetic, you're pathetic!'

"You be quiet, Diamond Tiara! We'll get our cutie marks one day!" said the orange filly, valiantly standing between Applebloom and this Diamond Tiara character. The echoing in my head got louder, and now I could hear my heart beating. 'I know I'll be able to change shape one day! I'll show you all!'

"I don't think it counts if you get your cutie marks the day you stop living." the grey filly said.

I could hear my mind and body saying the same thing.

"HEY! What gives you the right to make fun of her? Just because you accomplished something before she did DOESN'T give you the right to rub it in her face. She's just like you and any other being out there, so how about you treat her like one, and stop being so arrogant?!" I shouted, walking up to the group.

"Um… sorry sir. It won't happen again. Heheheh." The two fillies said at the same time. They quickly ran off, to hide from me, most likely.

I was breathing heavily now, struggling to stay upright.

"Thanks for standing up for us, mister!" said the orange one. "You're really awesome for doing that! In fact you must be the most awesome earth pony I know!"

Applebloom ran up to me, and gave me a hug. "Thank you, Eclipsal. Ya helped out with mah family's farm, and now this. Thank you."

The white one looked up at me curiously, obviously taking note of my name. "Eclipsal? Are you okay?"

I shook my head, trying to get the pounding in my head to go away. I was failing. "Yeah, I'll be fine. Just.. just let me get inside." I began walking towards the door to that led back into the room. I nearly toppled over , if it weren't for the girls rushing to my side, attempting to keep me up.

The girls helped me get back into the classroom before I finally collapsed, my vision filling itself up with emptiness.

Author's Note:

(A/N) Hello, everypony. So, season 3 is practically around the corner, and I'm hoping it doesn't reveal something that messes with my story plans. Anyway, another note: school is around the corner too. Crap. It's my senior year too. So I MAY be shamelessly self plugging myself upon doing this, but I want you all to know where to find me, if I don't post for awhile because of school, or even something else. I have a youtube channel, which I have mentioned before. I do vlogs, gameplay, and I'll be posting some animations/artwork throughout the school year. Often during my vlogs, I discuss issues in life that also act as things that delay me from updating this story. so here you go:
My Channel
I know I can't post links, but hopefully you will be able to get there all the same. I do have to say, I do a curse a lot, so be wary of that. My channel happens to also be the hub of pretty much everything I do, so you should have a pretty efficient way of finding out why I'm busy with stuff. Anyway, I think thats everything I had to talk about. So, onto the reviews then? Oh wait, one more thing. I love all of you guys. You all are amazing. I got so many good reviews when I checked that I nearly exploded into happiness. Two times. Possibly three. Wait, is that even possible?

FanFiction:

Stillwater- Thanks! :D I was hoping the new title would help out with making the story more noticeable!

Kiri the brony- T-t-the best!? *faints from happiness*

GAMMA DAWN14- Most of my chapters are from 1,000 to 1,500 words. I find it easier to write that way, for some reason.

Izea cooper- Mwahahahaha! :D

Kara The brony- *dun dun DUNNNNNNN*

FiMFiction:

toasty_muffinz- I mustache you, why are your muffins toasty?

Wolfmaster1337- That's good :3