• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 2,555 Views, 93 Comments

A Dark Shade of the Past - InfinityBreach



You can't always judge a book by its cover. When you meet someone who controls darkness though...

  • ...
5
 93
 2,555

Jumping to Conclusions

A Dark Shade of the Past
by InfinityBreach

Chapter 26: Jumping to Conclusion

"I am so so so sooo sorry, okay? I just sort of reacted, I didn't mean for this to happen!" Rainbow said, as we walked down the streets of Ponyville, once again.

I looked at one of the nearby windows, to see my own face reflected back at me, my cheek with a red imprint of a hoof on it, despite my coat being a dark grey.

"Listen, let's just go find Twilight, okay?" I flinched a little at the pain I received from talking. "Where did Cheerilee say she went off to?"

"Cheerilee said that she was going to Rarity's to get more decorations, or something." Rainbow said, before looking shamefully at me, then around the area. I followed her gaze, and saw her looking at the many ponies rebuilding their homes. Even the Town Hall was had its roof missing.

"Uh… bit for your thoughts, Rainbow?" I asked, looking back at her.

"I don't know it's just…" Rainbow concentrated for a second. "I feel like I'm letting everypony down."

"What do you mean?" I asked tilting my head to the side.

"I mean… It was my job to decorate and make sure everything was functioning for the Running of the Leaves. I promised I would help these people with rebuilding their houses. I even said I would help you get back your memories! Now look at where I am. Nothing's done… some loyal friend I am." Rainbow muttered.

I was a little shocked at what I heard. 'I knew she was busy, but to help out with all of this stuff?' I shook my head, and patted her on the shoulder.

"Listen, Rainbow. I personally think it's better to be loyal to your friends, then to your friend's houses. As long as these ponies have eachother, those things shouldn't matter, right? I mean, the houses are all livable in, it's just that the outside is a bit beaten up. Besides, you're helping out one of your best friends right now. Twilight needs us, if I'm not mistaken. As for the decorations, Pinkie's got that all under control, I'm sure. As for me, in case if you don't remember, I got some memories back... I think." I quietly said the last part, still feeling like I was missing something.

"Yeah, and I ended up hitting you in the face, even though I knew you were having a memory episode." Rainbow replied, solemnly.

"I already said its fine. Besides, it's partially my fault as well, for not realizing when the memory was over…" I muttered, rubbing my hoof on my neck.

"I guess so. What was the memory about anyway, lover-stallion?" Rainbow asked with a smirk.

I was happy that I made her feel a bit more better, but I wasn't entirely sure I should be sharing that story.

"Eheheh… let's just talk about it AFTER we get to Rarity's." I said, looking away.

"Speaking of Rarity's… its right there." Rainbow said, pointing at a building a few meters from us.

We walked up to the door, where Rainbow knocked 3 times, waiting for a response. After a few seconds, we heard Rarity yell, "Just a minute!" from somewhere inside.

"Do you think there is any chance Rarity doesn't like me?" I suddenly asked Rainbow.

She looked a little shocked at first, then grew another smirk. "So you're crushing on Rarity, eh~?"

"Nonono. I was just thinking about how annoyed she is, every time I'm near her and our Cutie Marks start going off." I said with a sigh.

"Hmm… well I don't think Rarity would hate you for that. It's probably just a little annoying. Besides, I think it looks pretty cool to see them shine like that!" Rainbow said, as she started staring at my flank.

"It's going off again, isn't it?"

"Yep!"

I let out a sigh, just as the door opened, Rarity giving us both a smile. "Why come in, come in! I wasn't expecting so much company today!"

"Wait, so much company?" Rainbow asked, her eyes widening.

"Who else has been here?" I asked, looking behind Rarity, to see a purple blur zoom right past us.

"Ah! There she goes!" Rainbow screamed, blasting off from where she stood, taking to the air.

"Right behind ya!" I yelled, running directly underneath her.

"She's about to head to the left! Head her off!" Rainbow ordered.

I ran off to the side, running through an alley, as I heard a boom go off behind me.

As I exited the end of the alley, I slid to a stop, just in time to see Twilight turn the corner as well, headed right for me.

"I gotcha!" I heard a yell come from the skies. I looked up to see a rainbow trail closing in on us, fast. "Eclipsal! Block her exits!"

"No problem!" I said, slamming my hooves to the ground. My black colored magic soon came out of the ground, making a wall around us, blocking all of Twilight's possible exits.

Twilight looked around, trying to find somewhere to escape, just as Rainbow swooped down, and grabbed her. "Eclipsal! Now!"

I hit the ground again with my hooves, causing a dark bubble to arise from the ground, successfully catching Twilight, as Rainbow dropped her in.

Rainbow then swooped in beside me, giving me a highhoof. "Nice job, Eclipsal! Whoever said that black doesn't work well with rainbows was an idiot."

I let out a small laugh. "Heh. We do make quite a badflank team."

"Anyway.. Twilight. What are you doing? Disappearing out of nowhere, running away from your friends, what happened?" Rainbow asked, looking at Twilight intently.

Twilight fidgeted around at our stares, before finally giving in.

"The princesses… they… they hid stuff about the Elements from me." Twilight muttered, looking down. "Even though I've known Celestia for years.. she hid this from me."

"Well, maybe there was a reason for it!" Rainbow said. "I don't really know what you guys found out ABOUT the Elements, but have you tried asking Celestia about it?"

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Of course not, Rainbow Dash. That's a horrible idea! Besides…"

"I… YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I SAW!" Twilight suddenly yelled. Holding her hooves to her head.

The sudden outburst scared me, making my magic release her. She fell to the ground, a few tears going down her eyes.

"She… Celestia.. she was the Element of Magic! Celestia and her sister were both different Elements! I've read all of the history books; they all say that the sisters were the ONLY weilders of the Elements of Harmony!" Twilight yelled, a small puddle forming under her. "There were other weilders! The book of the Elements said so!"

"I still don't see what's wrong with this…" I said, looking down at Twilight.

Rainbow gave me a quick glare, before also agreeing with me. "Yeah, Twilight. I don't get why this is a big deal, still…"

"When I was a foal, I always wondered. 'Why did the Princess choose me?' 'What makes me special?'… Then we rescued Luna. I had the idea that maybe, just maybe… Celestia was using me to replace her sister. Back then, I quickly disregarded the thought. Celestia sent me to Ponyville to make friends, not to get her sister back, and to get me out of the castle. But… she was the Element of Magic. Why couldn't she save her sister, herself? It's simple: for whatever reason… she couldn't. So, she made a new bearer. Hoofcrafted right from the start…. me." Twilight finished, looking back up at us.

Rainbow and I stared in shock at what she said, looking from eachother back to her.

"Twilight.. I really don't think the Princess would do that." Rainbow said, trying to reach a hoof out to her.

Twilight swatted it away, and stood up, taking a few steps back. "She is the co-ruler of Equestria! We have no idea how long she has lived, or even how much wisdom came with that! How do you know we aren't tools in some big plan?"

"Because, Twilight! Nopony can control who you become friends with! We are the Elements BECAUSE we are friends! Not the other way around." Rainbow said, walking up to Twilight.

"Now come on, let's go home. If you really believe that the Princess is up to something… well, we can ask her ourselves." Rainbow said.

Twilight sighed. "I… I guess you're right. Still though… why did she choose me? I haven't been able to solve anything. I can't help Eclipsal with his memories, I can't even find out information without getting more questions!"

This time, I talked. "Twilight, I've been getting my memories back slowly. Besides, you've helped me a lot. You taught me how to use my magic, and control it. You even taught me the amazingness of hot chocolate!" I finished with a grin, causing Twilight to giggle a little.

"Well… okay. I'll go with you two. Think we should tell the other girls?" Twilight asked, worriedly.

"I'll go tell them we found you. As for this entire thing; I vote we wait to talk about it until AFTER the Running of the Leaves, to actually do anything." I said, giving another smile.

"Ah, the old calm before the storm technique, eh?" Rainbow said, rubbing a hoof on her chin.

"I am sorry for putting you all through this… especially you Eclipsal. You were just trying to help, and I went all crazy on you." Twilight said, looking off into the distance.

"It's fine. Besides… what are friends for?"

Author's Note:

(A/N) This is the end of Arc 1. Yep. Surprsing? Eh... Anyway, this successfully marks the end of my first arc in this story. My next 2 updates will follow throughout the weekend, one saying my opinions and just generally talking about this arc, and why I ended it with this, and the update after that being a Q&A session. So be sure to ask me any questions that you want answered! I'll answer them to the best of my abilities. Also, thanks again for sticking with me through all this /)

FanFiction:

Voice of Hunger- Thanks :) Its nice to know that I can write good whether its a small or big chapter lol

Kiri the brony- Well I'm happy you're happy when I update. LET'S HAVE A HAPPY PARTY!

FiMFiction:

N/A