• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 2,551 Views, 93 Comments

A Dark Shade of the Past - InfinityBreach



You can't always judge a book by its cover. When you meet someone who controls darkness though...

  • ...
5
 93
 2,551

An Unknown Pony

A Dark Shade of the Past
by InfinityBreach

Chapter 5: An Unknown Pony

Months later, the mane six had forgotten about what had happened during the eclipse.

Everything was as normal as could be.

Thunderstorm clouds were rolling in, darkening the skies. A blue pegasus was flying through the skies, observing the weather. "Aw, what they hay!" Rainbow Dash screamed. "The pegasi didn't tell me about a freakin storm rolling in! I should know about this stuff! I oughta show them a thing or two!"

Lightning came down from the sky above, right next to her. "Urr… or maybe I should just go and take cover for now."

Deciding it was safer on the ground then in the air, she flew down and landed. 'Well, I guess it's a bad idea to try to go to my house, since it is in the air. Maybe I should just go to Twilight's house.' She thought to herself. 'Knowing her, shes probably going to want to make it a sleepover, and pull out that sleepover book of hers… hah, what an egghead.'

She began to walk towards Twilight's house, being careful so that she didn't get hit by any debris from the strong winds. All of a sudden, she could hear a distinct roaring coming from somewhere behind her.

Rainbow turned around and saw a streak of the black clouds crashing towards earth, right outside of the ominous Everfree Forest. When the clouds hit the ground, the very land of Ponyville began to shake.

"What the…" Rainbow Dash began. However, as soon as it started was how quickly it stopped. Rainbow took one last look at the border of the Everfree Forest, and decided she would check it out later.

She turned around and was about to continue walking to Twilight's, when she stopped in her tracks.

She looked over her shoulder back to the border, with eyes wide, and flew with all her power towards that border, a sonic rainboom appearing behind her. Nopony in the town could hear her, as she flew by in a burst of light, screaming her best friends name. "FLUTTERSHY!" Rainbow yelled, speeding faster and faster towards the cottage nestled at the corner of the dangerous forest.

Fluttershy looked outside her window, at the horrible storm in front of her. "I hope all the animals are okay…" she whispered.

Angel was on the upper floor, looking out into the storm with binoculars to make sure all the animals in the recent vicinity were either safe or in cover. Then Angel saw something that made him run down to get Fluttershy's attention. Angel ran downstairs, and coughed.

"Oh what's wrong Angel?" she said.

He pointed at the window, and spun around.

"Do you feel dizzy?"

He shook his head, and did it again.

"Do you feel like dancing?"

He gave Fluttershy an annoyed look, and pointed her head to the window, aimed up at the sky.

"Do you feel like we should take cover from that strange tornado?"

Angel then waited for her to react to the news.

"Wait… A TORNADO?!"

Angel then started to drag her away, into their inside shelter, when Fluttershy saw something in the darkness of the Everfree Forest. 'Is that… a pony?' she thought. Next thing she knew, she was watching in shock as the strange tornado hit the pony, creating a crater in the ground, and causing the area to shake violently.

Fluttershy closed her eyes in shock, and felt the vibrations go through the ground, knocking over some of the items in her house. Then she opened them, and saw the unconscious pony lying right outside her house, motionless in the middle of the crater.

Lightning violently flashed through the sky as she ran towards the door to her house, despite Angel's protests, and threw it open to go and help the pony.

Running to the crater, she looked at the pony with worried eyes, and then wedged herself between the pony and the ground, as to get it on her back.

Looking around at a fire that had been sparked, she decided it was best to hurry.

After getting it on her, she slowly paced herself back to her house, so it didn't fall off. While she was walking, she heard a voice coming from the town.

"Fluttershy! Fluttershy! Where are you?" she heard somepony yell. Realizing who was yelling for her, she started to yell as loudly as she could, "Rainbow! I'm over here!"

Rainbow Dash flew to where Fluttershy was, and said, "Boy am I happy you're okay. I was worried that cloud formation might've done something to you."

"No, I'm perfectly fine, but as for the pony on my back, it needs medical assistance. It's too cold and dangerous to treat it out here; I need to get it to my house." Fluttershy replied.

Rainbow nodded her head, and slipped in next to Fluttershy, helping her carry the weight of the unknown pony. They walked together towards the house, determined to help out the pony.

Author's Note:

(A/N) I want to thank everyone who is reading my story so far, you guys are awesome! Please leave a review, because I want to be able to advance my quality of writing based off of what you say. No flames, just criticism. I would like to hear some nice things from you all too ^-^