• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 2,553 Views, 93 Comments

A Dark Shade of the Past - InfinityBreach



You can't always judge a book by its cover. When you meet someone who controls darkness though...

  • ...
5
 93
 2,553

Emotional War

A Dark Shade of the Past
by InfinityBreach

Chapter 41: Emotional War

A flash appeared in the throne room, the guards stood up, all readying for a fight.

"At ease." Celestia said from atop her throne, awaiting for the inevitable.

She closed her eyes, and let out a sigh. "Come on out, Discord."

Celestia felt wiggling from under her crown, and out of it flew a miniature Discord, expanding into his usual size.

"Why hello there, Tia. How've you been?" Discord asked, floating upside down in circles around the room.

There were many grumbles from the guards. "Why is he addressing her highness with such casualness?" "What a swine." "Maybe he should be put back in stone."

"I've been… well." Celestia hesitantly replied, letting out a sigh. "Guards, I must ask you to leave the room for a moment."

Shining raised a hoof up to protest, when Celestia interrupted him. "Go on, I can handle myself."

The guards left, leaving Discord and Celestia in the same room.

"Thank you for arriving, Discord." Celestia said to him.

"Hah, like I had the choice. I'm surprised you still have my summoning gem though. I gave that to you like… how long ago was it? Two thousand years ago maybe?" Discord thought, before shaking his head.

"So anyway, why did you call me here, dear Tia?" Discord asked. "I've been trying to reunite the draconic kingdom like you asked; using my powers for good and whatever."

"I have another mission for you. I need you to go to Ponyville and watch over the bearers of the elements." Celestia stated.

"Ah, well that's no problem then. I was going to go there anyway to spend Hearths Warming Eve with Fluttershy. She said she had a new friend she wanted to introduce me to, anyway." Discord replied.

Discord noted Celestia's eye twitching in irritation.

"Hey… you okay?" Discord asked. "We are well…"

"Discord, I don't want to get into this right now." Celestia stated. "Despite our past, I am order and you are chaos. It would never work."

"Celestia, I've changed.." Discord began.

"No." Celestia bluntly replied. "It wouldn't work. It'd be better if we just stayed.. acquaintances."

Discord let out a sigh, looking towards a window. "I guess I'll be going then. I still have a few things I need to do before heading to Ponyville."

A flash leapt across the room, and he was gone.

Celestia looked toward the ceiling, a tear rolling down her cheek. She then buried her head into her hooves.

"What is wrong with me lately?" She asked herself. "I love him, and yet… why does this…?"

*Ponyville Library*

10/21/10

I don't really know if I'm supposed to talk about personal things, but I'm going to anyway. If there's something I've learned about writing in this diary, it's that it is a great stress reliever, I guess.

Anyway, the group I met last week I became great friends with right off the bat. I guess the creator was right; we were meant to work as a team. Or maybe our friendship is just special? I have no idea.

Ugh, I'm getting off track again.

Anyway… most of my life I've been bullied by the others of my kind. My sister was meant to be the queen of the hive because she was born first, so everyling always looked down on me. Made fun of me. Called me pathetic because I didn't know how to use illusion magic very well.

I was always more of a flier than a magic user… but yeah. Besides, I didn't like changing into other ponies. The most I could do is summon up my flutterpony. Even my sister makes fun of me, and puts herself on this high pedestal compared to everyling else.

Yesterday I let it get to me. The others started making fun of me. They surrounded me, chanting out how pathetic I was.

Shaded was coming that day, though. He saw them making fun of me, and fought them off… I think I might actually like him. I doubt he'd like me though… but I didn't have time to write yesterday because of that and because of where we were going.

The creator announced us as guardians today to the entire world. That's what happened this morning. Then we all went back to our own homes, after I promised Shaded I wouldn't let the others get to me.

Right when I walked into the hive though, everyling acted differently towards me. All of a sudden I was more important than my sister, and I could see her being forgotten.

Our parent's even decided that becoming a guardian was important enough to merit me becoming a queen. But I know what the changelings thought of me before. I still remember all the years of pain that they've brought to me.

But still, not all of them are bad. Some are good, and they deserve a leader who will teach them to be good and care for others. Even my sister doesn't deserve the way some changelings are treating her now. They need a leader that gives everyling the opportunity to find their true love and become flutterponies. I already have an idea for this, too.

So that's what I'll do. With my new friends by my side, I feel like I could do anything!

"Well, friendship is magic. That's what I've come to learn." Twilight stated, after finishing reading another one of the diary logs. "Still though… whoever this was didn't mention many names. She's definitely a changeling though, considering the language she used."

Twilight thought back to what she had said. "I wonder what she decided to do in the end? Maybe her plan would be further explained in another log."

Before flipping the page, Twilight thought of something else. "As far as I can tell, the guardians lived much longer than anypony… so is it possible that whoever this changeling could be alive? I just hope it's not Chrysalis…" Twilight shook her head. "It can't be, the initials aren't the same as the book."

"Hey, Twilight." Said a voice from behind her. She turned to see that it was her number one assistant, Spike.

"What's up, Spike?" Twilight asked, smiling at him.

"Well, I've just been wondering… haven't Rarity and Eclipsal been hanging out a lot lately?" Spike asked, looking a bit curious. "I saw them yesterday and Eclipsal was carrying gems for Rarity…"

Twilight couldn't help but giggle.

See, Spike? Even your caretaker laughs at your feelings.

"Are you feeling a bit jealous, Spike?" Twilight asked. "Well, I wouldn't worry. I doubt Eclipsal would steal Rarity away from you. Besides he's friends with all of us, equally."

Oh, and now he's trying to steal all of them from you, Spike.

You need to fight back.

Spike held his head, as the voice echoed through his mind.

"Yeah, you're right Twilight. I'm going to go rest now." Spike said, walking to his bed.

Twilight stared after him for a moment, before turning back to the book.

Spike fell down on his bed, groaning as the voice echoed back twice as loud as before.

You need to go to war, for those that you love.

*Eclipsal's POV*

I walked through the streets of a snowy Ponyville, ready to meet up with Rarity. She made me promise that I'd come to the Boutique today and help her out as a model for suits.

I however decided I would go early to have fun in the snow.

Everything was quiet.

Too quiet.

I walked through the streets, slowly making my way to Sugarcube corner, the base for blue team.

Scanning all the alleys and roads on the way there, I spotted nothing.

As I was merely a few steps from the door, I heard the shuffling of hooves.

"You may have watched the streets, but you didn't watch the roofs!" I heard from above me.

I looked up to see the Cutie Mark Crusaders, each holding two snowballs, and with a pile behind them.

I turned, and began running away as fast as I could, snowballs flying all around me.

"Pinkie!" I yelled to the town around me. "Red team has infiltrated, I repeat, red team has infiltrated!"

I was launched in the air, as an object flew out of the ground. I landed in a snow drift a bit further away.

Getting up and shaking the snow from my body, I looked and smiled after seeing what had done that to me.

There was Pinkie Pie, in all of her glory, with three cannons aimed at the roof in front of her.

"Eclipsal!" She yelled at me, holding a trigger in her hoof.

"Yes, mam!" I said, saluting her.

"Let's get this party STARTED!" Pinkie yelled, slamming her hoof on the trigger's button, launching cannons filled with snow at the roof.

"Girls, look ou-" I heard one of them yell, before the crusaders got covered in snow.

Pinkie and I laughed, as the snow pile fell onto the ground, three dizzy heads poking out of it.

"This isn't over!" Applebloom yelled.

"Yeah we'll escape and get word to Rainbow Dash and the red team!" Scootaloo shouted in defiance.

"Oh really." I said, walking up to them. "It looks like you've been captured and trapped, if I didn't know any better."

"Prisoners of war?" Pinkie asked me with a smirk.

"Prisoners of war." I stated with a smile.

A few minutes later, we were inside of Sugarcube Corner, warming up and eating sweets.

"So, where's the base at, huh?" Pinkie asked, shining a lamp light at them.

"Oh that's easy, it's just at…" Sweetie began, before getting interrupted by Scootaloo.

"Are you serious?" Scootaloo said, shoveling a cookie into her mouth. "Just because they are giving us really good sweets doesn't mean we can rat out Rainbow Dash!"

"It's the rules of the game, Scoots." Applebloom stated, shaking a piece of cupcake at her. "We gotta be fair, specially since we captured Pip. Also, Fluttershy is the leader of the red team; not Rainbow."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever…." Scootaloo grumbled, putting her head on the table.

"Anyway, the red team is based above the library." Sweetie told us.

I nodded my head in understanding. "So that's how you got on the roof."

"Nothing but a hop, skip, and a jump!" Pinkie exclaimed.

I turned to Pinkie. "So, do you know still have that one air balloon thing from the Running of the Leaves?"

"No, but I have something else." Pinkie stated, jumping from her seat.

She began to shake, then turned to me before heading down into her basement. "You use your magic to get up there, I'll catch you in a bit."

I nodded my head, running outside.

Looking above the library, I could vaguely see the outline of a cloud that was different from the others.

A smirk adorned my face, as I muttered, "Gotcha."

Using my magic, I picked raised myself into the sky, until I was above the clouds.

My jaw nearly dropped as I saw a massive castle in front of me, armed to the brim with cannons and snowballs.

As I neared the base, a dozen ponies jumped out from behind the cannons.

"Everypony; TAKE FIRE!" was yelled throughout the air fortress.

I dropped myself from the clouds, followed by a hailstorm of snowballs.

Author's Note:

(A/N) So recently I've gotten a girlfriend... yeah. I've been really happy as of late. But I've also been super busy trying to write. I have another chapter almost done but yeah. Well, let's start the reading, shall we?

FiMfiction:

Morfonious- If I remember correctly, he gets jealous a few times in the show. But this jealousy is special.

Telly Vision- Yeah, but Spike usually thinks he is because he's so similar to everypony else. Unless if it's pointed out to him, he doesn't even think about it.

Fanfiction:

GAMMA DAWN14- Yeah I'm enjoying writing, it just takes awhile for me to write what I want to be said. Then I have to make sure there are no inconsistencies and blah. But I like writing.

Jacob shives- Yeah I have an entire outline of the story written out it's just the part with writing that takes awhile unfortunately