• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 2,543 Views, 93 Comments

A Dark Shade of the Past - InfinityBreach



You can't always judge a book by its cover. When you meet someone who controls darkness though...

  • ...
5
 93
 2,543

Emotions

A Dark Shade of the Past
by InfinityBreach

Chapter 25: Emotions

It was dark again.

"It's always so dark in the badlands…" I could hear a voice say, relatively close to me.

I turned to see none other than a horse who vaguely resembled me, walking right past me, heading to a cave that was farther ahead.

'Another memory… I think.' I watched as my look-a-like entered the cave. 'Well, if this is my memory, I should probably stick close to him.'

I slowly entered the ominous cave, which was filled with some glowing green substance. It looked as though every crack that was a part of a rock in the cave, was filled with this substance.

As I walked deeper in, I looked around, only to realize that not only had I lost track of the other me, but it was too dark to see anything.

That's when I heard venomous voices speaking.

"You're pathetic, you're pathetic!"

I ran in the direction of the voices, to see a black insect-equine with yellow eyes hugging herself, while surrounded by a bunch of other creatures of the same type.

Tears rolled down her eyes, as she tried to confront the bullies around her. "I'm not pathetic! Just because I can't change yet, doesn't mean I'm pathetic! I'll be better than you all one day!"

One of the other creatures walked up to her, getting into her face. "Oh, yeah? Well then, why does your name have the word pathetic in it? Huh?"

Another one from in the crowd yelled, "Yeah? What do you have to say about that, EmPATHETIC Mirror? What kind of name is that anyway?"

"The name of a loser." Added someone else in the crowd. "Besides, she's the only one in the hive that's our age who still can't perform a flawless change."

The others continued to mock her, as Mirror tried to hide herself by curling up more. At this point, I ran up to the guy that was still near her. He turned to see me running at him full speed, he didn't even have time to wipe the smirk off of his own face before I had bucked him clear across the room.

"HEY! What gives you the right to make fun of her? Just because you accomplished something before she did DOESN'T give you the right to rub it in her face. She's just like you and any other being out there, so how about you treat her like one, and stop being so arrogant?!" I shouted, walking up to the group.

I shook off the weird feeling of deja-vu, as some of the other creatures began to walk up to me. "Whadya think yer doin here, horse?" said someone from my right. "This here is changeling lands."

"I'm here to see a friend, Mirror. The same friend you jerks just made cry." When I said this, I realized I was reliving the memory from my old point of view.

"Ah, is that so? Well it looks like we'll have to teach you a lesson."

I was beginning to get surrounded by these changelings. I could still hear Mirror yell, "No! Don't get yourself hurt because of me!"

I turned to give her a look, and then a smile. "If you honestly think I'm going to get hurt, then you obviously haven't hung out enough with me."

I turned to the group which was now closer than before, and closed my eyes.

I then opened them, everything tinted in a shade of red. I could see the glow of my eyes reflecting off of the changeling's smooth skin.

I could feel myself releasing my magic, and then the world faded to darkness again.

I faded back into being staring out into the distance, atop some huge tower. From what I could tell, I was on a balcony. I could hear a noise coming from behind me.

I turned to see none other than Mirror, the changeling I had stood up for, standing next to the bed, looking at me strangely. She blushed for a second, and then looked away before she began speaking. "Listen, you really didn't have to do what you did… I would hate to see you injured just because of me."

I walked up to her, and put my hoof on her shoulder. "Listen. I care about you, okay? I'll always be here to protect you, no matter what."

She reached her own hooves around me as to give me a hug, but leaned in too much, causing us to fall to the floor.

"Ah, are you okay?!" Mirror said, looking down at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, heheh. It's a good thing I'm strong enough to deal with someone as ditzy as you." I said, giving her a small smile.

She looked down at me for what felt like minutes, making me feel uncomfortable.

"Um.. Mirror…?" I questioned, as she began leaning more into me.

What she did next caught me extremely off guard.

Her lips met mine, which at first left me shocked, but I slowly closed my eyes and began to kiss back.

After what felt like minutes, Mirror stopped, and opened her eyes, looking into mine.

I could feel my own face growing a deep red, as she realized what she did.

She scrambled off of me, muttering "O-o-oh! I'm sorry! It's just you saved me earlier- t-the I wasn't thinking! It's just- I-I think… I think I like you."

I stared at her, and chuckled at how she was so flustered. I pulled her back down onto me, kissing her fully. I could feel her tense at first, but slowly relax into it.

I stopped, and looked her in the eyes, nuzzling her a bit. "I think I like you too."

She smiled down at me, and our lips met once again, the feeling of warmth surrounding me.

All of a sudden, there was a slight shift in atmosphere, and I felt cold. Not an empty cold though, but that the very floor itself was cold. I opened my eyes, to see that I was no longer staring into golden ones, but into magenta.

I stopped, and backed away, hitting the wall that was a few feet behind me.

"Eh-eh-eh WHAT?!" Rainbow yelled, her face a deep red, shocked from what just happened.

Realizing that I was no longer in my memories, I started stuttering, trying to explain why that just happened. "Nonononono! I can explain! I was reliving one of my.."

However, I was unable to, as I was hit in the face with a cyan hoof, knocking me out again on the spot.

Author's Note:

(A/N) Sorry this chapter is a little bit short, but I had writer's laziness the past week. School starts tomorrow, by the way. So I'll try and write a little bit every night, so the updates can be longer. No promises, though. Anyway, onto the reviews!

FanFiction:

Stillwater- "Can't... hold... on.. much... LONGER!" - Cliff Hanger from Between the Lions

Kiri the brony- The reason why it's so suspenseful is because I am one for liking drama in stories :P

Voice of Hunger- Thanks! (\ I always thought that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon needed a good yelling at. Or grounded for life, maybe.

FiMfiction:

Wolfmaster1337- When I read this, I thought of the phrase: THIRST! Drink up, haters! I don't know why I thought that, honestly.