• Published 22nd Jun 2017
  • 820 Views, 5 Comments

A Dim Twilight - FlutterAngel



Twilight deals with the grief of losing her friends, turning into a hollow shell of the bright pony she once was.

  • ...
 5
 820

A Dream to Die For

Everyone met Celestia at the graveyard, horrified expressions crossing their faces. The pony they once knew was now just a bright light with her figure. Celestia, unable to control herself from wanting to save one of her most beloved ponies, launched herself forward towards her. She was determined to save the purple mare, even if it meant she would die in the process. She couldn't believe she let something like this happen not once, but twice.

She could feel the magic growing as she got closer, only to be stopped by Luna and Cadence. They pulled her away, struggling to keep a hold of her as she tried to flail out of their arms.

"Sister, stay away from her! I know you can sense her dark magic, it'll kill you if you intervene!" The white alicorn slowly calmed down and looked back to Twilight who began to glow brighter and brighter with each passing second. In just a few moments, the bright magic was consumed by the dark, malicious magic that made Twilight's eyes glow fade from a bright white to a dark green.

The ponies and dragon began to scream as five dark figures began to fly inside of the six graves that contained her deceased friends. Twilight began to laugh, her voice distorted with an unknown force. Celestia pleaded with Twilight, only to be unheard over the loud noise the spell was causing. With one final boom, Twilight fell to the ground, the spell seemingly failed. Everyone sighed in both relief and horror, gasping when Twilight didnt getting up, let alone move. Celestia broke free of Luna's grasp as she ran to her student's side.

"Twilight, please answer me! I love you...you can't be dead!" After a moment, the alicorn's once still body began to slightly jerk as her eyes opened. The white mare squeezed her, tears falling down her face. She was relieved that she wasn't dead, not even caring about the previous events.

"Oh thank goodness you're alive, I was so worried you were-" Twilight ignored the mare, instead pushing away and looking to the graves. Not seeing her friends, her expression quickly turns into one of panic.

"Where...where are they? The spell should have brought them back...I read so many books..." Celestia's heart dropped, realizing Twilight had no interest in her. She put on a poker face that was quickly seen past through her tears. The purple mare's strength returned as moments passed, allowing her to move and clearly see what was going on. The others after getting over their shock, quickly ran over to their sides, happy to hear that she was alive.

"Twilight, I know you miss your friends, and I do too. But the pony I miss the most is you, you aren't the same Twilight that I knew all those years ago. You're so sad...and distant, especially towards me. I know you hate me, but I don't know what for. And that's the thing that hurts me most of all." Twilight's eyes shot open in anger, Celestia's words burning an anger inside her that had not been this strong in years. She shot her head to glare right at her, her teeth grinding against each other so hard, the elder princess was surprised her gums weren't bleeding. She pushed her off of her, blinded by her anger and not caring about how much force she used.

"Oh, you don't know why I hate YOU? You know how much I LOVE to make lists, let's read down mine, shall we? Firstly, you gave me the powers of a god, and called me the princess of friendship, something I can't rule over in the first place! You really think I'm that stupid Celestia? I only acted happy back then because what else was I supposed to do, that spell is PERMANENT.

Trust me, I tried MANY times to reverse it, but not even I could do it, no one can. Next down the list, you did this knowing all of my FRIENDS would DIE!!! HOW IN EQUESTRIA AM I SUPPOSED TO 'RULE' FRIENDSHIP WITH EVERY SINGLE FRIEND I HAVE EVER MADE IS DEAD??? You told me to 'make more', but there's NO POINT in doing that if they are going to die too. I have studied for years how to cope, but I couldn't. Tartarus, I STILL can't cope, and I wouldn't HAVE to if YOU hadn't RUINED ME WITH THESE!!!"

With this, Twilight took in a deep breath, sobbing in anger she had not vented in not even Celestia knows how long. Her wings flared out to her sides, fully grown and missing feathers from preening nights a bit to rough from anger with them. Her nostrils flared and her eyes burned with a rage none of the others had seen in even the most evil of villains.

"If YOU don't know WHY I HATE you, just how STUPID and SELFISH can you be??? Why do YOU hate ME? I used to see you as a teacher, someone to look up to. AS A SECOND MOTHER!!! And then I wasn't good enough so forced these wings and a useless title on me? And What for, your amusement, so you could do less work, or because you couldn't do anything yourself?"

With that, Twilight fell to the ground once again, sobbing loudly as all the anger and sadness she had bottled up over the years was released. Celestia looked down upon her, her heart racing and at the same time, feeling numb. She didn't mean for any of this to happen, she loved Twilight like the daughter she never had. Slowly, the white mare laid down next to the sobbing mare next to her and wrapped a wing around her.

"I'm so sorry Twilight, I never thought you would feel this way. I know how hard it is to lose loved ones, I have lost so many ponies I hold dear in my heart. I understand that grief is not something that we can stop feeling for a long time, I have felt it countless times before. But, there is also a time where we must let go, no matter how painful or hard it is. If you don't let go, it will hurt you and everyone around you. Your friends wouldn't want you to be like this, they would want you to be happy and to move on to something even better."

Twilight muttered what sounded like a retort and tried to get up, failing to move more than a few inches before flinching in what Celestia could only imagine as pain. Spike walked over to Twilight's side and stroked her mane just as he would when she had trouble sleeping all those years ago.

"She's right Twilight, all of us love you and want you to feel better. It's been to long, you need to let go. I lost them too, they were my friends too. "

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment