• Published 11th Apr 2014
  • 8,090 Views, 226 Comments

Equestria's Crippled Daredevil - Pixel Berry



A crippled human pops in Equestria looking for a challenge. Let's see how this turns out.

  • ...
41
 226
 8,090

Chapter 2: First Friend in The Everfree

"Wow! What a crash!" Was the first thing a said, with a goofy smile on my face.

I sat up, using my arms to lift myself up, and saw the endlessness of trees and bushes before me. I saw some creepy eyes starring at me for a while, but just ignored them.

"What forest am I in, anyways?" I asked, knowing that I will get no answer. But surprisingly, I did.

"The Everfree Forest is where you are,

And by the look of you, you came pretty far." said a voice.

"Who said that?!" I turned around towards the voice, seeing a Zebra before me that was surrounded in blue flowers, that I was sitting on some.

"What the..?" was the first thing a said after a long silence. 'Either Chris put something in my browny snack or this is some crazy-ass dream.' I thought.

"My name is Zecora, as you can see,

I am a Zebra, but what are thee?" she asked.

"First, nice rhyming, and second, the names Ally" I answered. 'Why does that name sound familiar?' I thought.

"A creature named Ally, that is new to me,

but have you seen a zebra? Just like me?" She pointed to herself.

"Well, yeah, I've seen Zebras. But not in real life, nor like you." I said.

"Thy must be tired, from that nasty fall,

Come with me, thou mustn't me alone at all."

"Why?" But before she could answer, I heard some creepy sounds from a distance. "Nevermind, let's go." But I almost forgot about my 'condition'.

I saw that Zecora was walking pretty far. "H-hey! Zecora?" I shouted. But she didn't turn around. At first I thought she left me, but I saw her coming back with my book bag and wheelchair.

"I assume these are yours,

But climb on before you are no more." She said.

I crawled over as fast as I could and climbed on the wheelchair. Before I could move myself, Zecora started pushing me with her hooves and we were speeding past trees over and over again. I didn't really liked being pushed around, it makes me feel useless, but I didn't want to act like a spoiled brat, seeing that she was just trying to help.

As we were speeding by trees and bushes, I saw some things that I never thought were real. I saw a sleeping Manticore, the backside of a Cockatrice, something that looked like a fairy-pony with huge wings, and a flying ball with big eyes. But I also saw some simple animals like, bunnies, birds, and even a bear.

I didn't realize that we were in front of a tree-house. (Or is it house-tree?) Zecora opened the door and brought out a plank for my wheelchair to be able to come with me. This time, I pushed myself inside.

Inside were a bunches of containers and jars full of spices and herbs. In the center, there was a cauldron full of black liquid. I also saw some mask with creepy faces, but it didn't bother me that much.

"Nice hut." I commented.

"Now I must ask you first,

were you the one that shook the earth?" she asked

"Huh? Oh You mean the crash? Yeah, that was me!" I said smiling with pride.

Zecora stood silent, was about to speak, but then turned around back to the cauldron.

While Zecora was busy doing who-knows-what, I reached behind my wheelchair and lifted my backpack off the handles. I opened the backpack, seeing that everything was still in there, not that I would think Zecora would take anything, just making sure. I took out a water canister, and my phone. First, drinking some of the Pepsi inside the canister, then checking my phone, seeing that there was no service. 'Wouldn't hurt to check anyways.' I thought. But what caught me by surprise was that there was internet connection. 'Weird...'

I didn't notice that there was a zebra looming over me, seeing my phone in my hand. I turned around, seeing her looking at the phone. "Can I help you?" I asked.

"I do not want to be a bother, if I may ask,

what is that device, in your grasp?" she asked.

"Oh, sorry." I showed her my phone. "This is a cell phone, or a iPhone 5C to be specific. You can talk to anyone without being next to them... like talking to a person through a brick wall, you can't see them, but you can hear them."

"That seems pretty cool,

What a magical tool."

"Do you wanna play with it?" I asked. It didn't bother me cause it had plenty of battery life so she can play it whenever she wanted.

She simply nodded her head and took it from my grasp.

I watched as she was playing Flappy Bird on my lap. I laughed at her getting angry at the many failures and was almost at the point where she was about to throw my phone at the wall, until we heard a knock at the door. Zecora gave me back my phone, then went to answer the door.

"Oh! Hello Princess Sparkle, and the others I see,

Come in, come in, would you like some tea?"

"Uh, no thank you Zecora. We just came here to warn you about a recent crash not to far from here," I heard a voice way too familiar. "And I have a hypothesis that the cause of the crash was a spell of mine and that probably a living creature should have been at the crash sight. But unfortunately, the creature wasn't there, so I think you should keep your eye peeled Zecora. If you see anything, you can send a message to us via Spike."

Zecora just nodded.

As the mystery guest left, Zecora closed the door. And starred at me, pondering on what to do next. The answer came by a yawn from me.

"It seems that you are tired,

Lay on the couch, I'll light a fire."

I didn't question that. I wheeled my way to the couch, lifted myself from the wheelchair, onto the couch. Zecora left to the other room, and brought me a pillow and quilt. "Thanks." I placed my head on the pillow and almost immediately fell asleep.

~P.O.V. Zecora~

I watched as the creature named Ally fall asleep and went to my desk. I pulled out some parchment and ink and started writing.

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

I am dearly sorry that I kept my mouth shut,

That the odd creature I brought into my hut.

She seems nice in every way,

And I think you should come the next day.

You may tell your friends about this,

But don't tell the Sun Princess.

We shall talk at the planned day,

But I should get ready to end the day.

~Zecora

I then sent the letter and got ready for bed myself. 'This creature sure is new, But I just hope she's not thinking of having zebra stew.' I thought.

Author's Note:

DX Damn it's hard making rhymes for Zecora. But more shall come soon, JUST SIT TIGHT!