• Published 10th Apr 2014
  • 1,315 Views, 15 Comments

Rest in Peace - EverfreeDemon



Everyone suffers loss sometime in there lives, and when it happens we are always unprepared.

  • ...
1
 15
 1,315

Rest in Peace

Rest in Peace
It was a sunny day; Sweetiebelle woke up early as usual to get a head start on the day. She brushed her mane, put on some makeup and trotted down stairs. Everything was clean and spotless as usual, except for strung out pieces of fabric. She hummed to herself as she prepared a bowl of cereal (it was the only food Rarity would allow her to make without supervision). She sat down and was greeted by an unpleasant creaking sound, her eyes grew wide, and she had forgotten that this chair was broken. She slowly got off the chair and moved to the one next to it.
“That was close.” she said with a sigh of relief. She looked at the clock; it was 8:00 am.
“Hmm, Rarity should have been up by now. I better wake her, don’t want her to miss that meeting of hers.” she said as she trotted upstairs toward her big sister’s room. She approached Rarity’s door and slowly turned the door handle. Sweetie peered into the bedroom, and just as she figured, Rarity was sound asleep. She was wearing her sleeping mask, her hair was tangled and opal was lying down next to her. She walked over to her bedside and gave her a gentle nudge, she didn’t move. She started to gently shake her, but again nothing. Sweetie noticed that Rarity was very stiff and felt cold.
“Rarity, you have to get up its 8:00.” Rarity didn’t move.
“Rarity!” she still didn’t move, Sweetiebelle began to panic. She checked to see if she was breathing, but she didn’t feel her breath. Tears started to flood her eyes as she checked her pulse, there was nothing. Sweetiebelle began to cry as she held Rarity’s lifeless arm in her hooves.
“Rarity! Please wake up….please. I can’t lose you, not yet, you have so much life left in you!” she voiced squeaked as she continued to sob onto her sister’s arm.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week and a half later

“You ready Sweetiebelle?” Twilight asked from the other room.
“Almost!”
Sweetiebelle looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a black dress that she bought a couple days ago. She finished putting on the rest of her makeup and walked out the door and into the hallway. She was greeted by Spike who was dressed in a nice suit and tie. “Oh there you are, ready to go?” She nodded her head and walked past him without looking up. “Sweetiebelle, you knew this day was coming; we all miss her a lot.” Sweetiebelle stopped in her tracks and turned around to see that spike was wiping away tears from his eyes. “Sweetiebelle, I know this funeral is going to be hard to go to, especially for you but your sister would want you to be there.” Tears began to fill Sweetiebelle’s eyes; she ran over to Spike and held onto him in a tight embrace. Spike also began to cry as he began to hug her as well.
“It isn’t fair Spike…it’s just not fair.”
“I know, I know, but I’m here for you and so is Twilight. All of your friends are here for you, and we will never leave you alone.”
Sweetiebelle looked into Spikes eyes and smiled.
“So you ready to go?” Twilight asked as she walked down the hallway.
“Yep” Spike replied with a smile.
“And what about you Sweetiebelle?”
“Yeah Twilight, I’m ready.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once at the funeral Twilight led Spike and Sweetiebelle to their seats. Everypony in town showed up for this special occasion. Rainbow Dash stood proudly with Scootaloo by her side, Applejack was with Applebloom, Big Mac, and Granny Smith. Pinkie Pie was with the Cakes and Fluttershy stood with Twilight, Spike and Sweetiebelle. The priest spoke some words then handed the microphone to Rainbow. Rainbow took the floor and cleared her throat.
“Rarity was one of the most loyal friends I had. She always helped out, even when she didn’t have to.” Rainbow was getting choked up and began to have tears slide down her cheeks. This caused some ponies in the crowd cry to themselves, while other held back there tears. “She was talented and always made sacrifices to help others, even if she could be bit snooty at times. I going to miss you Rare, we all are.” Rainbow walked away from the stand sat down and wiped the tears from her eyes.

Applejack went up next; she had tears staining her cheeks. “Well, Rarity was a special pony; she was the most generous pony I have ever met. Yeah she got on my nerves sometimes but that doesn’t change the fact that she was my friend. I wish I was closer with her, we never got along that well but that doesn’t change the fact that I--- cared for her very much. I’ll miss you Rare.”

Fluttershy was crying into Twilight’s shoulder at this point and Twilight was crying into her arm. Pinkie Pie was up next, her mane was straitened and her eyes were red from tears. “Rarity I miss you so, so, so, so much I didn’t get to throw your birthday party and it was so close too only 156 days away. I brought you a gift, it’s my favorite balloon ever and I want you to have it. I’ll miss you Rare bear someday we will all get to join you in that big party in the sky.” She walked back to her seat and began to sob onto Mrs. Cakes shoulder.

“Twilight was up next, she left Fluttershy with Spike as she walked up to the stand. Rarity, you were an amazing friend, and had the best mane I have ever seen. I wish that I got to spend time with you like we wanted too. I was hoping I could join you and Fluttershy at the spa, but I guess I’m a bit late.” She began to cry into her arm again.
“I never thought I would b-be losing my f-friend so s-soon, but I guess life works in m-mysterious ways. I will miss you Rarity, we all will.” Everypony in the crowd was crying now, even Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy was next but she couldn’t bring herself to talk in front of everypony, she decided to pass on the speech. But she did leave the most beautiful flower in all of Equestria. Sweetiebelle was next; she walked there with her head down and tears rolling down her face. “Rarity, my dear sister, I miss you so much. Everypony misses you, but I have something to say that I should have told you long ago. No matter how much I said that I hated you, no matter how jealous I was, it didn’t change the fact that I loved you Rarity. You’re my big sister and I will never, ever stop loving you. So until we meet again I guess this is goodbye. I love you sis.” Sweetiebelle started to sob as she walked off stage; everypony was in tears at this point. Spike hugged Sweetiebelle to comfort her, and everypony else hugged each other as well.

They finally started to lower her into her grave, and after several minutes it was all done. Everypony left a flower on the grave and went home.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two years and 156 days later

Sweetiebelle has been living with Twilight for the last two years now. Everypony has moved on with there lives. Today was special for Sweetiebelle, it was Rarity’s birthday and she always brings a flower to Rarity on her birthday. She walked slowly to the graveyard, waving to friendly faces as she made her way there. Once she got to the graveyard she entered and immediately found her sister’s grave. She sat there and placed the flower on the grave, then bowed her head in sorrow. “Hey Sweetiebelle.” a friendly voice said.

It was Applejack, she was walking toward her. “How you doin sugercube?”

“Not very well.”
“Sweetiebelle I want to show you something, follow me.” Sweetiebelle stood up and followed Applejack as she led the way. They walked for a couple of minutes until they stopped in front of a tombstone. Sweetiebelle looked at the names and realized what this was, it was Applejack’s parents.
“These are my Parents; they passed away when I was about your age. I was so devastated I thought I would never get over it, and a part of me is still hurtin.”
Sweetiebelle was at a loss for words, she had no idea that Applejack had suffered the same tragedy that she suffered.
“They met the world to me Sweetiebelle…” Applejack began to tear up and cry softly.
Sweetiebelle immediately wrapped her in a hug and began to cry herself. They both cried together for some time before they separated and smiled at one another. They didn’t say anything else as they walked with each other out of the graveyard. Once they were at the exit Sweetiebelle looked up at Applejack and gave her one last hug before they parted and went their separate ways.

Comments ( 15 )

It's rare that a story makes me cry, it's really good

4214321 Thanks for the support I really appreciate it.:pinkiehappy:

4214358 Its a truthfully motivating story

Nice I like it But I still did not cry but I might if I least someone in real life maybe only time will tell

I couldn't feel anything for this story. I was too bothered by the spelling mistakes. Nevertheless you'll get a fav.

4222815 Ohboy the word document betrayed me where did i fuck up?

Hmm, this story didn't do much for me, unfortunately. I feel as though the only emotion in this fic is drawn and inferred pretty much directly from the show. There's no time spent getting into SB's headspace for the tragic event to hold any weight for me as a reader.

Also, there's one part where (I think it was Twilight's eulogy) the paragraph starts with quotation marks when it shouldn't.

4223990 I write short stories but Im glad you had reasoning behind your criticism so thank you

Really got to space out your paragraphs bro.

I feel like a jerk
everypony else cried and I didn't

4281802 not every pony can find things sad don't feel bad

SPIKE WOULD OF CRUMBLED LIKE BLUE CHEESE. . . .:raritydespair::moustache::unsuresweetie::twilightoops:

Login or register to comment