• Published 4th Apr 2014
  • 8,609 Views, 356 Comments

Dragon Re-Quest - Tatsurou



When a red dragoness arrives in Ponyville, many lives are turned upside down...especially when a certain assisstant makes her want to make her stay a protracted one.

  • ...
33
 356
 8,609

Interaction

'Dina stepped out of the Boutique, smiling as she saw Spike waiting for her. "Hey Spike!" she said happily, hugging him before stepping back. "How do I look?" She gave a little twirl so he could see from all angles.

Spike smiled "You look really great," he said, apparently better able to hold his own end of the conversation with 'Dina fully clothed. "Rarity certainly knows her stuff, huh?"

'Dina chuckled. Any other time, that might have been the wrong thing to say, but 'Dina held no rancor regarding Spike's feelings for Rarity. Even if she wound up winning his affection, she didn't want his relationship with Rarity to come to an end. "Very true," she said, looking herself over once more. "As far as clothing for fashion, this is certainly a pleasant first experience." She scratched under her bust line. "Though this bra will take some getting used to."

Spike chuckled. "Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo all had the same complaint when they first started wearing one." At 'Dina's confused expression, Spike elaborated. "They're friends of mine, and they just recently started going through the physical changes of puberty. Apple Bloom is Applejack's little sister, Sweetie Belle is Rarity's little sister, and Rainbow Dash treats Scootaloo like a little sister."

'Dina raised an eyebrow. "Sounds like quite the trio," she commented dryly.

"Yeah. They still haven't got their Cutie Marks, so they joined together to become the Cutie Mark Crusaders."

'Dina shuddered. "Is there a particular reason that name fills me with inexplicable dread?"

Spike shrugged. "It's how most adults react when they first hear about those three. Together, they seem to have a natural talent for chaos, mischief, and property damage."

'Dina chuckled. "Sounds like fun." She looked around. "Care to show me around?"

Spike blinked, then bowed dramatically. "I would be honored, fair lady," he said courteously, offering her his arm.

Giggling, she slipped her hand into the crook of his offered arm. "Lead the way, good sir," she replied playfully.

Smiling, Spike began to lead her through town, pointing out various locations. "That over there is Sugar Cube Corner, where Pinkie Pie works. It's closed for today, though."

"Why?" 'Dina asked curiously.

"Because she's setting up a party," Spike pointed out. "It's generally considered safer to be elsewhere while she's setting up. Especially if she's using her cannon."

'Dina let out an "Ah" of understanding. "My Welcome to Ponyville party?"

"Yep. That over there is Town Hall, where the mayor works. Although generally most ponies only remember it's there because it's where all the major celebrations or events are announced from."

'Dina nodded. "I take it no one around here really pays much attention to government decisions?"

"It's more that everyone takes any issues to Twilight ever since she was crowned, so the position of Mayor has become more or less redundant." They shared a laugh. "Much to Twilight and the Mayor's frustrations."

'Dina rolled her eyes. "I know what you mean."

Spike pointed. "Over there is Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack and her family runs it and lives there. They grow the best apples in all Equestria."

'Dina nodded, walking along as they passed the gate. "Anything else of interest in town?"

Spike thought for a moment. "I could show you the park. Not much else beyond that. It's a small town."

'Dina nodded. "Quite alright. I assume there's a Market Square?"

"That gets set up every other Wednesday in Town Square. Everyone puts their wares on display and everyone looks around to see what they want to buy. Lately, Zecora's been coming into town to sell her potions, too."

"Zecora?"

"She's a zebra who lives in the Everfree," Spike explained. "When she first moved to the region, ponies didn't really trust her. But thanks to my friends efforts - though mostly Apple Bloom - she's now a welcome and accepted member of the community."

'Dina stared out towards the forest, a memory stirring. Her left wing flexed reflexively before settling again. "I think I may have met her once."

"Really?" Spike asked curiously. "What happened?"

"...I'd rather not talk about it." 'Dina turned away from the woods. "So where's the park?"

Spike took the hint, and changed the subject. "It's this way." He began to lead the way. "...sorry if I was prying when I shouldn't-"

"It's alright," she assured him. "It's just some unpleasant memories. Only natural you'd ask. So anything else you'd like to know?"

Spike nodded. "Well...what did you mean about my inner dragon being 'massive'?"

'Dina chuckled. "That's something I'll need to show you as well as tell you. I could explain with only words, but it would be hard to wrap your mind around without an example."

Spike smiled. "Could you show me, then?"

'Dina smirked at him. "Only just got me dressed, and you want me to strip again? Naughty boy."

"What?" Spike asked, shocked and blushing. "I didn't mean- I wasn't-"

'Dina laughed and nudged his side with her elbow. "I'm teasing you, Spike. Don't worry. I'll explain it before we return to the library." As they arrived at the park, 'Dina looked around. "Seems kind of crowded."

"It's a popular hangout for families," Spike explained, pointing to several parents and kids hanging out together.

'Dina smiled. "Feels almost like home." Noticing a couple of foals wandering over towards them, she bent towards them. "Hello little ones," she said happily.

The two foals looked up at her, their eyes widened, and they promptly fell back on their diapered flanks and started bawling their eyes out. 'Dina quickly pulled back, afraid of getting hateful glances from other ponies, or worse, getting called out by the parents. "I didn't-"

"Shh, shh," Spike said quickly, scooping the two foals up in his arms. "It's okay Pound, Pumpkin. It's me, Spike. You remember me, right?"

The two foals slowly stopped crying, then looked up at him, blinking. They then smiled happily and threw their arms up happily. The Pegasus colt began smacking Spike's head with both fists - which Spike barely noticed - and the unicorn filly began sucking on his ear. "I take it they know you?"

"Yeah," Spike said with a wide grin. "This is Pound and Pumpkin Cake. Their parents run Sugar Cube Corner, and Pinkie's kind of their adoptive Aunt." He turned to the two foals. "This is 'Dina. She's a friend of mine. Can you say hi to her?"

The two foals looked up at 'Dina again. She smiled, this time being careful not to show her teeth. The two foals blinked, then reached up to her. She happily scooped them up. "I guess it takes a bit for them to warm up to strang-" She froze as the two foals each began trying to suckle on one of her breasts through her shirt, prompting a giggle from Spike.

"Oh dear," an blue coated older mare said, running up as she unbuttoned her blouse. "Looks like the twins are hungry." Pulling her blouse a bit open, she took hold of the twins and slipped their heads into her blouse letting them start nursing immediately. "I hope that wasn't too embarrassing," she said to 'Dina.

'Dina shook her head, suppressing her blush. "Quite alright. Just instincts, right? I guess I do look like I could feed them." She managed to smile. "I'm 'Dina. A pleasure to meet you."

"Oh, so you're the one Pinkie's throwing the party for!" the mare proclaimed happily. "I wondered why she was preparing so many gem recipes. I'm Cup Cake."

'Dina smiled widely. "At this rate, I'm going to be spoiled long before I even consider returning to the Dragon Lands."

"With as friendly as Ponyville is, why would you ever want to leave?" Spike asked.

'Dina sighed. "I have responsibilities back home. I'll have to return eventually." Seeing Spike's sigh, she chuckled. "Don't act so glum. It's the Elder dragons who will be expecting me back, and they won't even begin wondering where I am for at least a year."

Spike smiled. "At least you'll be able to see all Ponyville has to offer. The town's really beautiful under the winter snow."

'Dina returned his smile. "I'll be sure to look forward to that." She smiled over at the twins, who were now finished nursing, before walking off with Spike. "So, anything else to show me?"

Spike smiled. "Well, there's a lake near the Everfree Forest that is a favorite swimming spot when the weather gets hot."

"Sounds like a good place to see," 'Dina replied. "My feet could use a soak."

"Follow me." Spike led her out of the park and towards the forest, eventually reaching a wide lake that was completely empty. "Twilight and the others often hang out here, too," Spike adds. "It's a nice, peaceful spot for friendly gatherings."

Smiling, 'Dina sat down by the edge of the lake, sticking her feet into the cold water and letting out a sigh. "I'm not used to doing so much walking," she admitted. "Back home, I mostly go from place to place with short flight hops and gliding."

Spike sat down beside her. "Wish I could fly. But I haven't grown wings yet, assuming I even will."

'Dina glanced over at him, then leaned her head against his chest for a bit. "You will someday," she said simply, "when you're ready to fly."

Spike blinked, confused. "What do you mean?" He shook his head. "How can you tell so much from listening to my chest?"

"I'm listening to your inner dragon," 'Dina corrected. "Since he's awake, anyone who knows how to hear him can perceive how you will grow. There's a lot of power there, and a lot of potential."

Spike tilted his head. "I'm still not sure what you mean about my inner dragon, or it being 'massive'."

'Dina glanced around. "I suppose here's a good spot." Standing up, she pulled off her shirt.

Spike backed up, blushing and with crimson flame shooting out of his nostrils. "What are you doing?"

"Showing you what I mean," she said simply, undoing her belt and letting her pants slide down her legs. Reaching behind her back, she struggled a bit with the bra clasp before getting it undone in one piece, letting it slide off her arms and chest before bending over to pull off her panties. Once more nude, she stepped away from her clothes, smiling as Spike's eyes were fixated on her. "Watch closely," she told him. She took a deep breath, let it out...and began to change.

The first change was to her torso, as her breasts absorbed into her as her upper body became much more streamlined and her body began to expand, her legs, arms, neck, and tail lengthening. Her hips changed shape, and her knees reversed alignment as she fell forward to a quadrapedal position. Her body continued to expand as her wings grew and her hair shifted to become a row of spikes running down her spine.

As the transformation finished, she stood just about the same size as the Golden Oaks library. She looked down at Spike from that height as he backed up a bit. "Seem familiar?" she asked, her voice echoing a bit.

Spike blinked. "Can...can all dragons turn giant like that?"

'Dina chuckled. "All dragons can assume a massive form, yes. Although not all master the skill so that they can shift at will. That ability is rare. However, all change themselves at a certain stage of development, when their hoarding instinct first kicks in. That's when the inner dragon awakes. Was that recent for you?"

Spike blinked, then hung his head. "Yeah. On my birthday, I..." He kicked at the ground.

'Dina shrunk back down to her normal size. "Tell me about it."

Spike wrapped his arms around himself. "I...I lost complete control of myself. I grabbed anything nearby to add to my hoard, building it up as I grew. I couldn't hear anyone else. I...I nearly destroyed the town."

'Dina nodded. "That's about normal at that stage. Amongst dragons, the young one is allowed to grow to full size, then Elders chain him or her and take away his or her hoard, forcing them back to normal size. Did Celestia or Twilight do that for you?"

Spike shook his head. "No. I...stopped myself."

'Dina's eyebrows shot straight up. "Really? How'd that happen?"

"The...day before my birthday, Rarity stopped over to visit. She saw a fire ruby I had been aging as a present for myself, a special birthday treat." He chuckled as he saw 'Dina drooling at the mention of a fire ruby. "Rarity loves rare gems, especially well shaped ones, and the fire ruby had naturally taken the shape of a heart. Hearing that such a rare gem was going to be eaten distressed her, and...I gave it to her. Seeing her smile so bright from something I did for her...was a better treat than eating it myself. By the end of the day, she'd made it into a necklace."

'Dina nodded, reading more into it than Spike realized. "I take it you grabbed her while hoarding?"

Spike looked up. "Yeah. How'd you know?"

"During first hoarding, a young dragon will often, as part of their hoard, seize the individual that means the most to them, the one they care about the most. Generally, it's a close sibling, although it can be a first love."

Spike tilted his head. "Did Garble hoard you?"

'Dina looked away. "...no." She still remembered what happened. Everyone had assumed Garble would take his sister as part of his first hoard, so she was placed in his path so he wouldn't wreck the settlement to find her. However, one tail smack later made it plain how little he cared for her - or anyone - and sent her flying from the settlement to tumble down the mountain. If not for that Zebra she met - whom she now presumed was Zecora - and her potions, her wing would have never set and healed right, and she'd have never flown again. Shaking herself out of painful memories, she turned back to Spike. "So how big were you when you changed back?"

Spike thought for a bit. "...according to Twilight's measurements, I was about one and a half times the size of Town Hall, and-"

"Wait!" 'Dina interrupted. "You stopped your own hoard rampage when you weren't even at half size? How?"

Spike looked down with a soft smile. "I saw the necklace Rarity was wearing, and remembered giving it to her, and how it felt to give something, rather than take it. That brought me back to myself, and shrunk me back down-" He stopped. "What do you mean, not even half size?"

"Just what I meant," 'Dina pointed out. "I can hear how large your inner dragon is, and one and a half times town hall isn't even half your full size."

"Whoa," Spike breathed, shivering a little in fear.

'Dina noticed this. "You're afraid? Of your inner dragon? The power it brings?"

"...I nearly leveled the town. It was only dumb luck I didn't step on somepony, or knock a building over on them. I could have easily killed a lot of ponies. And...I don't want everyone here to see me as a monster."

'Dina let out an understanding "Ah". "That first part is caution more than fear, exactly the outlook the Elders want young dragons to have after their first growth. And the second explains why you're so small for your age."

Spike looked up. "What do you mean?"

"You really think the ability to reshape ourselves only goes one way?" With a smile, 'Dina began to shrink, collapsing inward on herself until she was smaller than Spike, smaller than the Cutie Mark Crusaders, smaller than Pipsqueak or Dinky. She stopped shrinking once she looked about four years old. "We can make ourselves smaller, younger, and weaker looking as well," she continued, her voice now sounding like a little girl's. "And subconsciously, that's what you've done to yourself. You've made yourself seem smaller and weaker looking than you actually are, because you're afraid of being seen in a negative light by the ponies who are your friends and family. That's a good level of control of this ability, especially with no training."

Spike blinked in shock at seeing her shrink like that. "While I can see your point about the ability, I don't see how-"

"Your claws are only sharp when you're using them," she interrupted. "Except when you're getting ready to eat gems, your teeth are rounded. Your scales soften when somepony reaches over to touch you. And you have actually become a little smaller recently since your birthday, or at least not growing as much as you or anypony around you expected." She stared up at his shocked face. "Tell me I'm wrong."

Spike blinked in shock, slumping back onto the ground. "That's...then I've been keeping myself from growing?"

'Dina sat next to him, resting her hand on his knee. "It sure seems that way. When you're ready, I'd be happy to teach you how to undo that, so you can grow to your natural size for your age."

Spike nodded. "I'll think about it." He glanced over at her. "Is this how you actually looked at that age?"

She giggled. "Yup!"

Spike chuckled. "You were really cute at that age."

'Dina immediately expanded back to her usual size and shape, her breasts practically slamming into his face. "Look me in the eye and say that," she proclaimed. "...those aren't my eyes," she scolded playfully as Spike fell back.

Spike lay on his back, looking rather dazed. Chuckling, 'Dina grabbed her clothes before stepping around behind a tree to get dressed. Once dressed, she stepped back around. "So, think it's about time for the party? Or should we stop by the library first?"

Spike managed to sit up. "Library," he said calmly. "I've got a lot to think about."