• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 269 Views, 0 Comments

Green Shires High. - Maguc



Emerald shine is trying to adapt to his new school. New friends, enemies and maybe even love interest. Atleast, that's what he thinks...

  • ...
 0
 269

Meeting The Group

Meeting The Group

Racing another person was no problem, but I’d never raced against a Pegasus before. They were insanely fast. I could barely keep Fluttershy in my sight whilst I ran. It was an exhausting experience.
“F-Fluttershy!” – I kept on calling out for her, in between breaths, but it seemed as if she couldn't hear me.

Eventually, I saw her stop near some other girls, some which I already knew. I made out Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Twilight with Fluttershy, but there were still two other girls with them I didn't know about, and a small, teenage boy.
One of the girls was what seemed to be a farm girl, and from what I could make out, she was wearing some blue jeans, and as a top she had an orange striped shirt. She had medium-sized blond hair put into a pony-tail. She seemed to have big, green eyes.
The other girl seemed to be the complete opposite in terms of social status. She had on a bright, white shirt with a big jewel, and was wearing a small, black skirt with a purple belt on it. Her hair was that of purple, the ends of it in curls. She had sea blue eyes.
The boy, (er, teen?) had small, green hair shaped in spikes, and was wearing a black hoodie on top of a white shirt, and had black pants on. He seemed to be looking at the girl with purple hair with great admiration.

As soon as they saw me running towards them, they all started looking at me.
“Oh, look, it’s the new kid! Uh, what was his name again?” – Pinkie said
“It’s Emerald” – Twilight said, looking at her before turning to me. “Hey Emerald, what’s the hurry?” – She asked, going up to me.
Panting, I started to speak, “Huh...Rabbit...Book...” Was all I could make out, in between big breathes.
“Eh? What do you mean by that?” – Twi said, a bit confused.
“Oh, I think I know why...” – Fluttershy spoke up, blushing. “Now, give it to me Angel” – She said softly to her rabbit. Angel hesitated at first, but decided to give it up after Fluttershy stared him down.
“H-Here, sorry for any trouble Angel could’ve given you.” – Fluttershy said, blushing so hard her face turned pure red.
“N-No, it was no problem at all.” – I started saying, after I got my breath back.
“Darlings, no mean to intrude, but who exactly is he?” – The girl with the white shirt said, looking at me. She had an extremely English accent, almost as if it was fake.
Closer up to her, I saw that she had tons of necklaces, rings and bracelets, all engraved with gems.
“Oh, um... Hi? Uh my name’s E-Emerald Shine. I kind of met Twilight, Pinkie, Rainbow, and Fluttershy already. So, n-nice to meet” – I said, reaching out with one hand.
“Charmed” – She said, shaking my arm. “My name’s Rarity. And this is Apple Jack.” – Rarity pointed to the other girl, which started waving at me.
“Hiya! Yeah, my names Apple Jack, very nice to meet you!” – The girl said. She had a southern accent, and smelled a lot like apples.
“Wow, she seems so familiar- Wait, I know who she reminds me of...” – I thought to myself, chuckling.
“What’s so funny?” – Apple Jack said, and I felt a hint of confusion and anger in her voice.
“Huh? O-Oh, nothing. It’s just you remind me of a friend I had where I used to live, and I was just remembering her.” – I said looking straight up at her.
“Oh? Is that so?” – She said, now with a more relieved face.
“Y-Yeah... we did some crazy stuff...” – I said, each wording becoming more and more softer.
“What’s wrong? Did I say something wrong?” – Apple Jack said, looking at me and then at her friends.
“N-No, of course you didn’t, I guess I just miss her is all.” – I said, reassuringly.
“Well, why it has been fun meeting you and all, we really must get going” – Rarity said, breaking me from my trance.
“Oh yeah! It’s going to be so much fun!” – Pinkie suddenly spoke up, and began running around us.
“O-Oh, you’re going somewhere? Oh, I hope I didn’t interrupt you. I guess I’ll be going.” – I said, beginning to walk towards the garden again.
“Oh, don’t be like that darling, join us!” – Rarity said, a bit embarrassed.
“M-Me? You want me to hang out with you?” – I asked surprised.
“Yeah! Come on, it’ll be fun.” – Rainbow Dash said
“U-Um, alright.” – I said, my head looking down. “W-Where are you going?”
“A new restaurant. It just opened in the school grounds. They say it has the best food for miles!” – Twilight said, excited.
“Come one then girls! Let’s go. That means you too Emerald.” – Apple Jack said, turning to as soon as I was slowly backing away.
“A-Alright” – I said, catching up to them.
“Oh! This will be too much fun! We should get soup! No, lobster! No, clams! I know! Candy, lots of it!” – Pinkie started rambling about, before Twilight cut her off.
“Well, this place is famous for it’s burgers. Maybe we should all get one? They’re not to big.” – Twilight suggested, the last part looking at Rarity.
“Alright, but i’m going to need to see them first. I don’t want any greasy thing going into my mouth” – Rarity said, with a joking manner.
While they were talking, I was a bit behind, thinking to myself. “My first actual social event with more than one person. It was in a restaurant, so there will be bound to be more people. Money wasn’t a problem, I rarely use more than 30% of the money I get, the rest I save up, so no problem there. What if I make a fool out of myself? I’d instantly become a laughing stock. Maybe I should just-“ – I thought, before getting interrupted.
“What about you Emerald?” – I heard Twilight said.
“Uh, excuse me?” – I said, dumbfounded.
“We asked you what you’re going to eat. We all agreed on burgers already. How about you?” – Twilight said.
“Uh, I’ll have a burger as well.” – I said, still getting back from my thoughts.
“It’ll be like a burger party! Are those a thing?” – Pinkie exclaimed, getting excited after she said the word “party”
“Uh, I don’t think so” – Fluttershy said, who was right besides her.
“Aw. Well, we can make it a thing!” – Pinkie said, sad at first before becoming peppy again.
Before anyone could say anything, Rarity started speaking, vividly and excited.
“Girls! We’re here, the newest restaurant!” – She said, each word becoming more and more higher-pitched.
“Canterlot!”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the small chapter. I promise I'll make the next one longer.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment