• Published 20th Mar 2014
  • 1,539 Views, 57 Comments

Fall of the Rainbow - sigges15



A terrible accident causes Rainbow Dash to be lost in the Everfree forrest alone.

  • ...
6
 57
 1,539

Alternate ending.

Author's Note:

Hello guys and girls, G'day to y'all. This was the original chapter 8 that I was going to publish, but decided not, because reasons...

So, the reason I didn't want to post this was because that I didn't feel right about it at the time. But since a few people wanted a sad ending to the story, I decided to publish this today as an alternate ending. I will probably continue the "other/main part" of the story later next week or so. I have 3 exams coming up and I need to study. (I will probably not study at all...)

So yeah... See ya all later guys and have a nice day. Enjoy!

Chapter 8: Reunion

The sun shined bright over Equestria and a few clouds flew high in the sky. Fluttershy looked up at the clouds, which moved slowly across the blue sky. She sat next to Rainbow's grave, a single tear running down her cheek. These visits to Rainbow's grave had become more and more easy for her. It had been just over a month and a half since Rainbow Dash died and she had been coming to the grave every forth day, placing new flowers and removing the old from the grave. She closed her eyes and thought about all the good memories of them. After a few minutes, she stood up and started walking home. She walked at a slow pace, slowly making her way back to her cottage.
She arrived at her cottage and opened the door, looking into the dark and empty house. All her animals had left after Rainbow Dash had died since she needed to be alone. Her steps echoed through the room as she stepped inside and she shut the door. She sat down at her table and looked down. She sat in silence, without any movement at all, for more than an hour.
Knocking was heard from the door and Fluttershy looked up. She looked at the door as she heard a voice outside.

"Fluttershy? Are you in there darling?" Rarity asked with a slightly concerned voice.

Fluttershy sat in silence, not wanting to meet her friend at the moment.

"Come out Fluttershy, we're concerned about you!"

"Go away Rarity, I want to be alone!" Fluttershy shouted back.

"Please Fluttershy, I only want to talk to you."

Fluttershy sat in silence, hoping that her friend would leave. After a minute or so, Rarity turned around and walked away. She realized that Fluttershy wouldn't come out of her house no matter what she tried. For every hour of the day, Fluttershy only sat inside her cottage, never coming out. For a whole month, she had been ignoring her friends, only going outside to get more food. Sometimes, her friends would come and try to talk to her, but all Fluttershy did was to tell them to go away. She had isolated herself and shut the world out.

A few hours later

'I am sorry for being mean to you all, and I'm really sorry for what has happen. Since I cannot live my normal life anymore, and see no hope for a better tomorrow, I have decided to end it here. I want you all to know that you were the best friends a pony could ever ask for. I am grateful for everything you have done for me and help me through. I couldn't had asked for better friends than you all. Goodbye all of you, I will miss you.'

Fluttershy put down the pen on top of the paper and walked to the kitchen. She opened a drawer and took a sharp kitchen knife. A few tears ran down her cheeks as she walked to the living room and sat down. She lifted her left hoof and took the knife with her teeth. She slowly put the knife against her wrist and the metal was cold as it made contact with her skin. Her eyes watered and with a quick motion, she felt a sharp pain shoot through her. She dropped the knife and looked down. Blood flowed out of the cut and dropped down on the floor, creating a small puddle. she picked up the knife with her teeth and put it against her right wrist. The tears stung in her eyes as she moved the knife closer to the skin. She quickly cut the skin and dropped the knife. More blood formed on the floor. Her vision became blurred and she laid down, feeling her body becoming weaker for every passing second. Her heart started beating faster and harder. She heard knocking on the door and a voice.

"Fluttershy, we need to talk."

"Go... away!" Fluttershy coughed out.

"Fluttershy are you okay?"

Fluttershy began coughing and her vision became more and more grey.
The door opened and her friends walked in. All of them stopped when they saw Fluttershy. She was covered in blood and she was very pale.

"What happened to you Fluttershy?" Rarity asked with fright in her voice

"Please... go away..." Fluttershy said as she coughed. Her breathing became slower as it became hard to breath.

"No Fluttershy, we have to get you to the hospital."

"No... I d-don't.... want to live."Fluttershy whispered as she closed her eyes. Her chest stopped rising and falling and her body relaxed.

Fluttershy saw a bright light in the distance. She heard the muffled sounds of her friends. She started to walk towards the light and away from the voices, seeing something blue in the light. When she got closer she saw a rainbow mane and tail. She saw the happy smile of Rainbow Dash.


End of chapter 8

Comments ( 13 )

Dawwwwww she saw rainbow ;,)
I feel bad for her friends thore :( :fluttercry:

Would it be too much to ask for an alternate alternate ending where Dash dies and fluttershy doesn't commit suicide?:rainbowhuh:

4279258 Both yes and no.

4279622 Yes, it would be a little to much to ask since I feel like the story is complete. Also no, I could write another part but it would take some time, something I might not have for the upcoming week. But if you really want another ending, I will try to find some time for it. Your choice.

4279709 I would like another ending because I really don't like suicide but I'm not going to bug you about other then that the story has been good:pinkiehappy:

4279746 Do you want me to write it and then send it to you? If you want, I'll try and finish it as fast as possible.:raritywink: No promises on the time.

4282591 that would be great I shall wait patiently.

There needs to be more stories like this one.
I loved it. :rainbowwild::heart::yay:

4346217 It really means a lot to see that you like my story. :pinkiehappy: Thank you.

4282667
Hello.
I'm terribly sorry about the long wait but school has taken a lot of time from me and I have had barely any time to write. I just wanted to let you know that you can expect the chapter to be done withing the next week, since it's the last week of school and school is only from Monday to Wednesday. Hope you're okay with the long wait and have a nice day. Sincerely, Sigge.

Wow I love this story! But I hate this alternate ending, it's so disappointing :fluttershyouch:

seriously in need of editing but definitely a decent story here.

Login or register to comment