• Published 20th Mar 2014
  • 1,539 Views, 57 Comments

Fall of the Rainbow - sigges15



A terrible accident causes Rainbow Dash to be lost in the Everfree forrest alone.

  • ...
6
 57
 1,539

Chapter 6: Discovery

Chapter 6: Discovery

Fluttershy woke up to a bright room. The sun was quite high in the sky when she woke up and she yawned. She looked around and saw the picture of Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash's signature made Fluttershy cry and she felt horrible again. She laid in the bed for a few minutes before getting up and going to the bathroom. She took a quick shower and headed to the kitchen. She found a note at her door. Fluttershy took it and opened it. 'Hello Fluttershy. I'm sorry to say that the search have been called of. It's been to long and we will probably not find her. I am really sorry Fluttershy. Twilight.' Fluttershy dropped the note and tears started to fall down her cheeks. She laid down and let the tears form a puddle. Fluttershy tried to stop crying and think of something. She felt lonely, her best friend was gone and probably dead. She needed something to take Rainbow Dash off her mind. 'Zecora might have something...' Fluttershy thought and she decided to go talk to her. She opened the door and started walking towards Zecora. She didn't care that the Everfree was scary and dangerous. She had no fears any more. She walked into the Everfree Forest and walked slow through the forest towards Zecora's hut.
Something caught Fluttershy's eyes. She saw something in the corner of her eye. She looked over and saw something red in a bush. Fluttershy walked slowly towards it and what she saw horrified her. The blue pegasus laid there in front of her, bloody and dirty. Rainbow's back legs and wing was badly burnt and her beautiful tail was half burnt off. The front legs were bloody and swollen, one of them were bend wrongly. Her mane was full of dirt and branches. Fluttershy dropped down and started crying. Her love was lying in front of her dead. Fluttershy moved closer and put a hoof on her cheek. It felt wet and was still a bit warm.

"Rainbow?" Fluttershy tried to talk to her love.

Fluttershy picked up Rainbow Dash gently and started flying back to Ponyville. Rainbow Dash was really heavy and Fluttershy struggled to keep herself in the air. She flew faster than she ever had before, even with the extra weight in her arms. After only a minute, Fluttershy arrived in Ponyville and saw Twilight. She flew over to her with tears in her eyes.

"Twilight! Where is the hospital?"

"Why do you ask, Flutt...." Twilight gasped when she looked up and saw who Fluttershy held.

"Please Twilight, I need to take her to the hospital." Fluttershy was crying.

"What happened to her?"

"Twilight... please!"

Twilight pointed in the direction of the hospital. Without a word, Fluttershy was gone. She flew as fast her body allowed. At this point she was exhausted and her wings hurt. She reached the hospital and blasted through the door.

"Help! I need a doctor!" Fluttershy shouted.

"What is it?" a doctor asked when he ran over. He put a hoof over his mouth when he saw Rainbow Dash. He signalled for Fluttershy to follow him.
Fluttershy told the doctor everything she knew as they ran to a operating room. They arrived at the room and Fluttershy saw a big table. She put Rainbow on the table gently and sat down next to her.

"Please miss, you have to leave."

Fluttershy shook her head. The doctor repeated what he said and Fluttershy refused to leave. She didn't want to leave Rainbow Dash. Two nurses came in and grabbed her and started to pull her out of the room.. Fluttershy struggled to get back to Rainbow, but she was pulled out of the room. The door shut in front of her and her tears flowed heavily. Fluttershy was She was put back in the waiting room and a nurse stayed with her to try and comfort her. Fluttershy kept on crying and after an hour, she finally stopped. She wanted to see her Dashie but the nurse stopped her from getting up.
After 4 hours, a doctor walked towards her. He had a serious face with a bit of happiness. Fluttershy looked at him as he came closer. He stopped in front of Fluttershy.

"We managed to stabilise her condition but she is in a coma. You can go see her now if you want."

"Thank you...thank you so much." Fluttershy said with a quiet voice.

Fluttershy stood up and followed the doctor. She was directed to a room at the end of the hallway and he opened the door. She looked inside. Fluttershy saw her friend lying in the hospital bed with tubes running into her body. She had many bandages on her body, but she looked really peaceful for what she had been through. The beeping from the machine next to the bed made Fluttershy feel happy. It showed that her friend was alive. She walked over and sat down next to her friend. The doctor closed the door and walked away. Fluttershy had tears of joy in her eyes. She put a hoof on Rainbows cheek and said softly,

"I love you Rainbow Dash. Please don't leave me alone."

Fluttershy put her face onto Rainbow's chest and felt the chest rise and fall for each breath. The feeling of her warm friend was really nice and she felt like she could sleep on Rainbow Dash. She stayed next to Rainbow Dash until the visiting time was over, late in the evening. She didn't want to leave her but she respected hospital rules and decided it was for the best. Fluttershy kissed Rainbow's cheek and went home for the night. The entire way back to her cottage, she only thought about Rainbow Dash.
The next morning, Fluttershy was waiting in the waiting room to visit her friend. She wanted to be there when Rainbow Dash woke up. Fluttershy sat next to Rainbow Dash for the whole day, talking to her, making sure she wasn't alone. For every hour, Fluttershy sat next to her. She found comfort in talking to her love who laid peacefully on the bed. She thought that if someone talked to her, she would wake up. She didn't leave the hospital this night and slept inside the waiting room.
The next day, Fluttershy was yet again waiting in Rainbow's room. She felt tired and sat down in a chair in the corner of the room. She just sat there and looked at her love. The beeping continued and nothing else was heard. Fluttershy's eyes became heavy and she drifted asleep. She didn't get any sleep the night before and was really tired.
Fluttershy woke up an hour later and looked up. She saw some movement in the room. She looked at the bed and saw that Rainbow Dash moved her head. She had finally woken up from the coma.

"Rainbow Dash?"


End of chapter 6

Author's Note:

Chapter 6 is here.

I'm sorry about it being a bit short but i felt like it was enough. I do hope you all enjoy this and if possible, Chapter 7 will also be out today.

If you have any questions, feel free to put them in the comments.

~Sigge