• Published 20th Mar 2014
  • 1,539 Views, 57 Comments

Fall of the Rainbow - sigges15



A terrible accident causes Rainbow Dash to be lost in the Everfree forrest alone.

  • ...
6
 57
 1,539

Chapter 8: Awakening

Chapter 8: Awakening

Fluttershy sat next to Rainbow Dash, tears running down her cheeks. It had been a minute since she died and Fluttershy was still crying for her fallen friend. She heard a muffled sound in the distance. Fluttershy looked up and turned her head to try and locate the sound. She didn't see anything in the room. The same sound again, but this time a little bit louder, just loud enough to hear and it was a voice.

"Fluttershy, wake up!"

The voice was coming from in front of her but nothing was there, except Rainbow Dash. She looked towards Rainbow to see if the voice was coming from her.

"Fluttershy!! Wake up!"

Rainbow shouted at her but she didn't move her lips, she didn't even move. Fluttershy backed away from her, fearing what was going on. Fluttershy started shaking violently, and the voice shouted again. Her eyes shot open and Rainbow Dash was right above her, shaking her. Fluttershy looked around and saw that they were in the hotel room that they were in before the accident. She felt that her cheeks and pillow were wet.

"What's going on? What happen?" Fluttershy mumbled with a quiet voice.

"You were crying and mumbling my name over and over. I got scared and woke you up."

"B-but you died... You died right in front of me. H-how can you be here?"

"What are you talking about Flutters?"

"You got hurt and was dying...and you were in the hospital and died right in front of me."

"I have been right here all night, right next to you."

"But you died..." Fluttershy was cut off by Rainbow Dash.

"Fluttershy, I'm not dead. It was probably just a bad dream."

"But it felt so real."

Fluttershy felt Rainbow put her arms around her, pulling her into a hug. She looked up at Rainbow and saw her smiling face. She felt a hoof stroke her back. Fluttershy leaned her head against Rainbow's shoulder and relaxed.

"There's nothing to worry about. I'm here for you, it was only a dream."

"Thank you Rainbow. I'm glad you are okay."

Rainbow Dash let go off her friend and got out of the bed. Fluttershy looked towards the window. She was more relaxed than before and had stopped crying. Rainbow walked to the bathroom while Fluttershy sat in the bed, looking out the window. The skies were bright blue with a few clouds high up. It was a beautiful day and the wind blew gently through the open window. Fluttershy got out of the bed and walked over to the window, and leaned outside. The wind was refreshing as it blew through her mane. She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths. She stood there for a few minutes in silence, enjoying the wind and sun.

"Fluttershy?"

"Yes?" she turned to faced Rainbow, who was standing next to the bed.

"Remember yesterday, you were going to tell me your little secret." Rainbow said with a curious voice.

"Oh... right. Please don't run away."

"Why would I run away?"

"Um... never mind." Fluttershy took a deep breath, "I love you Rainbow Dash!" Fluttershy blurred out.

"Um... what did you just say?"

"I love you." she said slowly.

"Wait a minute. You love me? How long have you felt this way?"

"For a few years now..."

"Why haven't you told me before?"

"I was scared that you wouldn't feel the same way..."

"Scared?" Rainbow said with a slight confusion.

Fluttershy looked down and tried to hide her face with the pink mane. She nodded slightly and silence fell upon them, the only sound was the birds outside. A few moments later, Fluttershy spoke again.

"Rainbow?"

"What is it Fluttershy?"

"Would y-you like to go out on a... date...with me?" Fluttershy stuttered with a quiet voice.

"A date?" Rainbow's voice got a little fear in it and took a step back.

"What's wrong?"

"I haven't been on a date with a mare before. Also, you're my best friend."

"Oh... I understand." she said as she looked down, "You don't have to, I'll be fine."

"Please don't be sad. Fine... I'll go on a date with you, if it will make you happy."

"Really? You will?" Fluttershy said happily as she launched forward and wrapped her arms around Rainbow. "Thank you Dashie!"

Rainbow didn't have time to react before her friend tackled her with the hug. She nearly lost her balance but managed to recover before they fell. 'My best friend and me are going on a date...' was the only thought that was in her head.


End of chapter 8.

Author's Note:

Chapter 8, finally...
Sorry for the excessive dialogue usage and the short chapter. Sorry for the delay on this chapter and I hope you're okay with it. I have had a terrible week. I have been sick with the flu and school haven't been easy.
Anyway...

A whole lot of you will probably hate(or at least dislike) what I have done, but I stand with the changes since I have something planed for the future.

I would like to hear what you all think of this chapter and/or there is any improvements I can make to it. Last chapter next week.

Hope you enjoyed!