• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 9,039 Views, 307 Comments

Like no other. - Saint-Mercy



I'm always being tracked down, why? Because I am the only one of my kind in all of Equestria. No matter how far I run, or even how good I hide they always find me. The only reason I can keep running and hiding is because I fight.

  • ...
55
 307
 9,039

Explanations

Lyra and I sat inside the tent, I finally had enough strength to sit up and stop laying against Lyra's lap. I looked at the mint colored girl. "Hey Lyra?"

"Yeah?" She responded.

"Remember those deals I had with you?" She nodded. "Even though I told you, if you ever were in danger I wouldn't help you..." I let the thought brew for a few seconds. "Why did you save me?"

Lyra looked at me and smiled. "Like I said, I trust you."

"But...why? I mean the only things you have seen of me is my fighting." She shook her head.

"You showed me mercy, you had no clue to who I was..Even when I attacked you, you still warned me." I wanted to say something to interject but she continued on. "Even the group I was with, the people I had known for years didn't show me any mercy. It takes a strong person to forgive, but takes an even stronger person to trust."

I shook my head. "Or it takes a fool." I joked. She punched me lightly on the shoulder. "Hey, speaking of your so called group, I think you meed to explain some things to me." Lyra looked up at me and took a deep breath.

"I was part of Celestia's royal preservers."

"Wait what?"

"Let me explain, our..their job was to collect you without major injury, we needed to bring you in to the Royal Palace so Celestia herself could care for you."

"Care for me?" I was growing confused, but also angry.

"Yeah, we were suppose to save you."

"Save me from what?!"

"Extinction?" Lyra half said and asked.

"So you weren't entirely sure what would happen to me after you turned me in?" Lyra nodded. "You are too trusting in the government." She looked up at me in confusion. "I bet as soon as someone managed to turn me in, Celestia would have started cutting me open, trying to find out as much as she could have from me." Lyra's facial expression was one of horror.

"Sh-she wouldn't, the princess is not like that." Her voice quivered. I was scaring her, I was putting ideas of corruption into her head.

"I'm sorry." I rarely used those words, I hated them, whenever people said it to me, and whenever I said it to other people. Sorry never changed anything, all it could do was express how useless the person saying is.

Lyra was looking down, no doubt she was thinking of her life. She looked up at me with her golden eyes. I looked back at her with my dark brown eyes. Silence. Awkwardness. "Sooo...." I said attempting to break the awkwardness. "Make any friends in the town?" This seemed to snap her out of her thoughts.

"Yeah, like all of them."

"What?" I half laughed and said.

"Remember that pink girl?" I nodded. "When I returned to the town everyone was gone, so I went into a store to see if anyone was hiding inside. Well they were, I mean like everyone was." I opened my mouth to ask her a question but she cut me off. "I cant explain it, but the pink girl said it was my surprise party." Wow, that pink girl is deifying my logic. "There all really nice people...I think you might actually fit in there."

"Just because they are nice to you? Someone who is an anthro? A member of their own species. I'm pretty sure that they accept you because your like them." She shook her head.

"There was a baby dragon and a griffon at the party. They were welcoming me just as the others were."

"Mayb-"

"Now you're just trying to find excuses." Lyra said, giving me a deadpan stare.

"No, it's just-" She cut me off once again.

"Do you trust me?" I nodded to her. "Then take my hand and lets go." She stood up and offered me her hand. I laughed a bit as I grasped her offering and lifted myself up.

"Lyra?"

"Yeah?"

"That was soo corny."

"Corny? I'm pretty sure that I never said anything about corn-"

"No, it means like." It took me a while to find something to say. "Like overused." She looked as if she was hurt.

"I thought it was original."

"Where I come from, that has been used so much." I laughed as we exited the tent. The fire was out, not that we needed it. It was still bright out. "I don't know if I'm ready." Lyra grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "Hey, don't get all mushy with me."

Lyra let go and blushed a bit. I gave her a toothy grin as we walked towards the town.

This walk was different, instead of my enjoyable silence, I found the quietness of Lyra off putting. We walked out of the forest and continued on. Ten minutes of silence was all I could bare. "Talk Lyra."

"What am I suppose to say?"

"I dunno? Something, the silence is weird." Weird was the only way I could put it into words, it just didn't feel right.

Lyra 'hmmed'. "Wanna ask me anything?" She said. Huh..maybe there were a few questions I wanted to ask her, but something felt off. It wasn't her silence anymore. It took me a few minutes to register what happened. I let my guard down, I forgot about my surroundings. We were already inside the town just walking. The streets were filled with anthros. Their gazes turned to Lyra and I.

"Have you ever felt like you were being watched?" I asked Lyra, She laughed a bit and nudged me,

"Come on lets go meet some friends."

"Pfft, lets try." I said, I seriously had a feeling like something bad was going to happen.

"YEEEEHAAAW!" I heard the loud shout in the distance. I saw an orange girl with blond hair sprint through the town, she ran into a building with a sign that read. Sugar Cube Corner.

I looked at Lyra and she shrugged at me. "Guess we should go in?" Lyra nodded. We approached the doors.

"Wait." Lyra held me back with her hand and pressed her ear to the door. "I hear whispers."

"I wonder if their-" My thoughts were cut off by the sudden lack of sound. I turned to look at the streets. Empty, just a second ago they were filled with villagers, now they were all gone. I didn't like it. "I think we should go in." I grabbed the door handle and pushed the door open. Darkness. I heard a whisper that sounded a lot like 'now!' I didn't have a chance to react or escape, me and Lyra were pulled in and the door slammed shut behind us. The lights flickered on and a loud shouts of 'surprise' were said.

"Surprise!" Squealed out the pink girl. "Did I surprise you? Huh huh huh? I bet I did, just look at your face!" I wasn't even making a face, so I couldn't tell if that was an insult or cluelessness.

I looked around the room, there was an impossible amount of anthros inside. How was this even possible. It was like every single villager was stuffed in this building. I sighed. Lyra looked at me with a giant smile.

"Told you they were nice!"

"I don't like this." I flatly said, I heard the sound of a deflating balloon, a bunch of gasps and the quick shuffles of feet followed by the door slamming. The room now only had eight bodies inside. The orange girl from earlier, a blue girl how had rainbow patterned hair, a snow white girl with luscious curvy hair, the pink one, who's hair was now flat instead of how bouncy it was earlier, a yellow girl who was huddled up in a corner hiding behind her pink hair, and finally a purple girl, who was staring creepily at me. I shuddered.

"You don't like my party?" I looked at the pink girl who's color was actually fading, it went from a bright pink, to a dull shade of pink. Weird.

"I didn't say that." She looked up at me, her blue eyes lit up, her hair puffed out, and her normal pink was fully restored to her. "How is that even possible?" I looked towards Lyra but she only shrugged at me.

"So you like the party?" The pink girl said.

I decided to spare her and nod my head. She squeed. I still didn't understand how anthros did that.

"Soooo." I said.

"Soooo." The pink one mimicked me.

After a few moments of awkward silence, the orange girl approached me. "Howdy ther partner!" This girl sported, freckles, a cowboy hat, blond hair, and a killer country accent.

"Hi." I simply said. She looked a bit disappointed. I looked around the room. "Hi to all of you, now I don't wanna be rude but i have to g-" I got an elbow to my gut.

Lyra whispered into my ear, "You said you would at least try to make friends." I sighed and nodded to her.

This was going to be boring.

Author's Note:

Sorry if I made the explanation unclear, also I really hate typing introductions. So yeah Imma skip that part.