• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 9,039 Views, 307 Comments

Like no other. - Saint-Mercy



I'm always being tracked down, why? Because I am the only one of my kind in all of Equestria. No matter how far I run, or even how good I hide they always find me. The only reason I can keep running and hiding is because I fight.

  • ...
55
 307
 9,039

Bar Scene

"If you don't give me your cash I swear I wil-" I tuned out the man who made empty threats to me, he was just a no one. Just some idiot who thought he could scare me because he looks like some war hardened bastard. I got many threats on a daily basis, after all people usually react to something different with violence.

I looked down at my empty shot glass and sighed, I was never really one for drinking, but ever since I came to this place I couldn't really do anything else. I motioned my hand towards the waiter.

"Are you listening to me?" The man that sat on the opposite side of my table said angrily, probably from being ignored. I would bet he can't take no for an answer.

"No, I'm not." This confused the jerk that sat across from me. He gave me a look, I have seen it too many times.

"Listen here if you don't look up at me-" I interrupted him.

"Stop being so needy." I told him flatly as the waiter made his way towards us. The man at the other side of the table slammed his hands down and stood up leaning over the table, his face close to mine.

"I'm about to kick your-" That's all I let him say.

I grabbed my empty glass and chunked it into his face, the shot glass didn't break but it did send him reeling back enough for me to push down on the table causing it to bolt upright and slam into the guy's chin, he stumbled back but I wasn't going to give him a break. I pulled the table upwards causing the guy to slam his face into the table as it raised, next I kicked the table into the man causing him and the table to go flying back about three feet.

"Sir!" Was all I could hear the frightened waiter say as I jumped up onto the table and started to stomp it down onto the jerk's face. After about ten kicks I thought I proven my point, I jumped off and pulled the table off of the man. His face now sported a bloody and very broken looking nose, one black eye, and a set of splinters in his cheek.

I kneeled beside the man on the ground. "Now you are probably wondering why I kicked your ass." The idiot below me didn't move. "Well there were many reasons, but would you like to know the number one reason?" I got a very gurgled groan in response. "I'll take that as a yes, the number one reason wasn't your idiotic threats, or even your outburst. No that would be too simple. The reasons I kicked your ass was that your breath stunk like crap." It was true, all of his threats meant nothing to me, even when he got in my face I didn't care, but his breath, oh god that stank I just couldn't bare having him pollute the same air I breathed with his breath.

I grabbed the tipped over table and set it upright, I them picked up the shot glass I threw and placed it on top of the table, next I slid my chair underneath the table, restoring it to it's natural state once again, I then took my seat.

I looked over to the waiter who had witnessed all of what had just happened. We shared a few seconds of awkward eye contact before I broke it. "Well, are you going to ask me if I would like another drink?" I said as I gestured to my empty shot glass.

The waiter nodded quickly and opened his mouth to speak but heard a groan from the man who was laying on the floor. The waiter quickly breathed into his hand and gave it a sniff. His eyes flew open wide and he had a look of pure terror upon his facial features.

"I see." I said as I sat at the table. "In that case.." I dragged on to my final word, the waiter quickly left the area. I chuckled to myself.

And so was life for me, My days were either filled with constant fighting from strangers or random people commenting on my features. Thankfully at the bar, no one really cared what anyone looked like. Probably from all of the booze though, if they drunk enough I would probably look like a sex god to them. I laughed at my own thoughts. 'Beer Goggles.' Was in my thoughts for a while. That was until a very suspicious man in an trench coat took a seat two tables away from me.

Call me paranoid, but I could swear that five people in the bar now were wearing the same trench coat. Something was up. I stood up only to be stopped by a firm pair of hands on my shoulders. I didn't look back at who held me down, only because of the person that now sat across from me at the table.

"So I guess I cant skip the tab this time?" I joked sarcastically, hoping to lighten the mood. Silence. "Well, you guys are bumming me out so if you dont mind-" An intense amount of pressure was now closing in on my shoulder. "Now that you put it like that, I guess I could spare a few minutes."

The man that sat in front of me slid a note across the table, I reached out and grabbed it. In the name of Celestia you are ordered to come with us peacefully.

I sighed. "Figured it was you bunch." Just about every week sometimes every day, a group of random people find me and attack, they always try to take me into custody, their mistake. I took in my surroundings, already plotting my escape.

Apparently one of the trench coated people noticed me because a voice spoke to me. "I wouldn't run." A feminine voice. Rather high pitched, a flyer? Perhaps a mage?

"Good thing I'm not you." I grabbed the hand that was gripping my shoulder and shoved my thumb into the top, I felt bones shift around then snap. Instantly the pressure in my shoulders were relived, but also met with a loud yell.

"Don't let him escape!" I heard the voice from across the room.

I leapt into action, first the man in front of me. I grabbed my glass and slammed it into his face, the glass broke this time and left shards in his face. A loud bellow escaped his lips as I moved around him. I was met with a fist to the gut. I had no clue as in where the person was. I looked around the room to see a pair of gold glowing eyes, the rest of the figure was concealed underneath a hood, another punch but this time to the side of my head.

Mage, oh how I hate mages...or is it magi? I was about to question which was the plural for mage, but before I went to deep into thought a slap pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Stop doing that!" I shouted at the mage. A person flew at me, I simply ducked and felt the air breeze past me followed by a loud crash. "Pfft- bahaha-" My laughter was cut off by another slap across the face. I glared towards the mage that hide under the hood. I lifted my finger and pointed towards the figure. "Imma get you bitch!" The pair of glowing eyes wavered for a split second.

"P-please, I just want to help." It was that feminine voice from earlier.

"Now my mommy told me never to hit a girl, so I'll give you this one chance to turn around and leave." Her eyes lit up again. "I tried to warn you." I grabbed the chair from behind me and threw it towards her. It froze in the air, itself enveloped in a mint green aura. I grabbed the table and lifted it up, I pulled it close and wielded it as a shield. I ran towards the mage.

"Help!" I heard her scream as she dropped the chair she held in the air, she wasn't fast enough.

I felt the table rip away from me, but it was to late, I was a foot away from her. Now, like I said my mom tought me not to hit a girl, so I didn't hit her. I grabbed her hood and yanked down on it hard, causing it to go over her face. With her magic stopped for now I wrapped my arm around her neck, enveloping her in a chokehold. I turned towards the three waiting trenched coat guards.

"If you step any closer, I swear I will snap her neck like a twig!" I lied. I might be a fighter, but I really did hate killing people. "Just let me leave peacefully and no one else shall be hurt." The three guards looked around and muttered to each other. A minute passed before one spoke up.

"We will leave, but that inexperienced mage is not welcomed back." A soft whimper came from the girl I held. "We only leave because we cant win, by Celestia we will have you, human." The group turned and left. Simple, now all I have to do is just let go of the girl and leave. Wait. Why is my arm all wet?

I looked down at the girl who had her face buried in my arm, soft audible sobs were emanating from her. I let her go and she slumped to the floor. "Umm...sorry?" I didn't know what else to say really, I mean she did just try to kick my ass.

I got a sniffle in return, I shrugged and made my way for the door. I turned and looked at the mess I caused. Chairs were thrown everywhere, two men laid on the floor bloodied and weeping, another man held his hand while he sat at a table, and a girl sobbed alone in a corner. "Sorry for the mess...uhhh...just charge my tab?" I turned and left the bar. Pfft, like I would be back to pick up that tab.

And so continued my normal everyday life, either running and hiding, or fighting and living.