• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 9,040 Views, 307 Comments

Like no other. - Saint-Mercy



I'm always being tracked down, why? Because I am the only one of my kind in all of Equestria. No matter how far I run, or even how good I hide they always find me. The only reason I can keep running and hiding is because I fight.

  • ...
55
 307
 9,040

I'm not a killer, right?

The walk towards Manehatten was filled with sorrow and fear. Sorrow was only being put out because of Spitfire. Fear was being put out by myself and Bon-Bon. I really hoped Bon-Bon wouldn't tell anyone else, it would kill me inside if anyone else looked at me like Bonny did. Her face was the same as a dear in front of a pair of headlights. Paralyzed and absolute fear.

Me, I was scared, not of the chance of attackers, no. I was afraid of my instinct. I told myself over and over in my head, 'I. Am. No. Killer.' Yet, every time I repeat myself I can imagine myself biting into that bandit. How I tore his neck open with my teeth. Like a killer. Like an animal. 'I Am No Killer!' I screamed the phrase again and again within my head. Every time I say it, I feel it to be less true than before.

An hour of telling myself this while walking I felt a pair of eyes watching me. I looked over and saw the worried face of Bon-Bon. Worried, not scared of pitiful. Bon-Bon was worried about me, about her friend. We together are going to have to keep my dark secret buried six feet.

"Hey Alex?" Spitfire said, her voice pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah Spitball?" I said using her nickname.

"You have been in many fights." She paused. "How do you do it?" She asked me.

I wasn't too entirely sure of what she meant. "How do I do what?" I asked letting my thoughts out into words.

"Not lose control?" Spitfire asked, my heart skipped but I tried my best not to seem effected by her question. I wanted to look over at Bon-Bon for some type of advice, for some easy way out, but if I looked over at her Spitfire would know something was up.

"Umm, I dunno...you were a part of the Wonderbolts, haven't you been in a bunch of fights?" I asked Spitfire, quickly trying my best to change the subject.

"The Wonderbolts were just a figure to the public." She sighed. "We fought, but never did we actually have to worry about big things, we were just for the public eye, I had never once feared for anyone's life during our small fights. We were like superheroes."

"What do you mean?"

"We just stopped petty crimes, like shoplifting, robberies, sometimes bigger things like muggings. True we all had fighting experience, but if you didn't notice it was all for show, Celestia needed a public role model, something the little ones would want to grow up and be...in truth we were just toys." Spitfire spoke calmly, yet her tone had much regret. "Puppets."

"Hey, don't be like that, and besides look at you now, kicking ass and defying the Princess." I playfully punched her arm, but she didn't respond with her usual punch back. Instead she deadpanned.

"You never answered my question." Spitfire said with a stern voice.

"I don't know, okay?" I said, trying my best to sound confused. "Why does it matter?"

Spitfire's stern face now glared at me. "What does it matter? I just killed someone! That was my first time! I didn't want to take his life, but when I saw the griffon charge you..something just snapped."

"..." Why wasn't Bon-Bon trying to help me? Was she afraid she might slip and say something she shouldn't?

"Tell me!" She said.

I took a breath a hung my head. The truth was, before this incident, I had only taken one other life. It was panicked and desperate, and it wasn't even for self protection.

"Do you really wanna know?" I asked Spitfire.

"Of course!" She shouted at me.

"Well, it's hard to explain but let me tell you a bit from when I first arrived here."

"How will tha-"

"Shut up and listen." I cut Spitfire off. "I will try to save some time and avoid going into story telling mode."

. . .

"It started weeks after I arrived, anthros always wanted to pick fights with me, and I would either avoid them, or simply kick their ass. I didn't care, as long no one died, I truly didn't care. On one particular morning I witnessed a child being dragged into an ally way. I think I was in some town called Trottingham? Either way I saw this little girl get dragged off by a rather large male anthro. The little girl didn't exactly look like she knew the guy considering she started to scream. Weird part was no one but me noticed the scream. Anyway I quickly followed them into the ally way where as I saw the man holding the kittle girl against the wall, her feet dangling from the ground. Oh, how I remember the bastard, his dark brown coat, his darker brown hair. I even remember his ugly ass face, how his eyes scanned the girl hungrily, how he licked his dry cracked lips. Everything about this guy made me want to hurt him."

"No one will hear you scream when I'm done with that pretty little mouth of yours. That ugly fucker said."

"The little girl started to cry and sob, she called for her mom and dad, but no one was there, no one but me. As the man reached down for his jeans I felt something snap within me, I went into am attack mode and charged him, I tackled him from the waist, he dropped the girl, whom quickly scrambled away. Yet, even though I knew she got away from the creep I began to slam my fists into his face, left right left and right again I didn't stop until I felt his blood splatter across my face. I stopped immediately and ran. I ran right out of town and never looked back."

. . .

"I knew he was dead as I ran." I finished up my short story. I looked over and saw Bon-Bon staring at the dirt as we walked.

"I don't understand." Spitfire said. "How does that explai-"

"Now I know why I killed him, why I snapped with him and why I never snapped with anyone else." Except this last fight...but now I knew why I killed them like I did. "I killed the man because I was fighting for something." I said.

"How does-"

"Shut up and listen!" I shouted at Spitfire. She flinched back a bit. "What I'm trying to say is, now that we all." I gestured toward Bon-Bon and Spitfire. "Have something to fight for, we can't just be careful like we used to...we all have our instincts, tell me what did you think when you wailed on that griffon?"

"That you were in danger, and the griffon was going to kill you?" She half asked me.

"Exactly, I killed that man because I knew he was going to hurt that innocent little girl. What I'm trying to say here is, I never had a reason to lose control, and I'm sure you never did until now." I told Spitfire, she looked at me, but rather with a cold glare it turned into a warm understanding look.

"So..now that I have you two?" She gestured towards me and Bonny. "I will snap at a protective instinct?" I nodded to her. "So...I guess I'll have to get used to killing?"

I shook my head. "I don't think anyone can truly get over taking another person's life." I said. Bon-Bon nodded her head in agreement. "I'm just saying...I don't even know what I'm saying."

I wasn't lying, I was confused at the situation, but it was better to be confused with this than being all sad about the bandits.

Before I could get sucked back into my depressing thoughts, Bon-Bon interrupted me. "Were here." She said, as we stepped onto a paved road. I didn't like how it went from dirt to paved in a matter of one footstep. It just didn't seem quite right.
.
.
.
.
.
That should have been my first hint.

Author's Note:

I know. I usually wouldn't do a chapter on the weekend, but I was excited about reaching 100 likes! I couldn't help myself, also this chapter os pretty confusing, don't be upset if you don't understand it's point just yet.

Thanks so much for the attention! That is all, have a nice day.